• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, actually. I've discovered this after the fact. You see, I had 20 minutes to kill before setting out from home for the city yesterday. I didn't want to play Dragon Age and have to reupload my hefty saves zip to my Drive, so I decided "you know what, let's recruit Riff to pass the time."

Honestly, I'm surprised you can do that in 20 minutes, there's a reason the FE1 speedrun is a skip to credits /s

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I didn't want to bring it up till now, but... Yeah. Hasshe's phantom line is perhaps the most damning bit of evidence that Oersted was never the perfect knight in shining armor he seemed.

Ironic, isn't it? Hasshe, who had given up on mankind for years, failed to prevent the realm's downfall... because he believed in the wrong man. Ouch...

Spoiler

And it wasn't that he didn't see the dark in him, it was that he thought Oersted might listen.

Hasshe deserved better successors.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ßylvis.

sssssssylvissssssss

Inb4 Metroid Dread speedrun so I can play Fire Emßlem

1 minute ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Honestly, I'm surprised you can do that in 20 minutes, there's a reason the FE1 speedrun is a skip to credits /s

lol

Hide contents

And it wasn't that he didn't see the dark in him, it was that he thought Oersted might listen.

Hasshe deserved better successors.

Spoiler

He deserved better in general. As did Uranus.

sssssssylvissssssss

ßylviß

@Newtype06 playing through the bad guys DLC now. This is a lot of fun. I didn't expect it to be so intricate, there's strategy involved here. But then, that was also my reaction to the rest of the game, wasn't it? Deceptively good.

Arl Howe and Ser Cauthrien were actually tough to take down. I died once against them, but then I learned to manage my thralls better and we prevailed, just about. Now we're up against Bann Teagan. Too bad, I always liked that guy. I'll keep going after dinner. I don't expect this to be too long, so maybe I can beat up Alistair today.

57 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's a pain anyway. ß or double S... It's a mess. Or a meß maybe. You never know.

*ahem*
Well, the E in "mess" is short, so if it ever had been "meß", it would've been changed to "mess" in the spelling reform from... the 90s, I think? If it was "meß", the E would be an "ay". Well, not really, but it's how anglophones tend to process it. The French é would be a be closer fit.

57 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Just toss the ß into the sun.

ẞun?

Edited by ping

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That is, until I saw the absolute badass translated Boey as Boy.

Okay I think I love this translator guy.

Guy's long-lost brother.

Personally, I wouldn't go as far as 'loving' the translator unless he also named Mae 'Girl'.

18 minutes ago, ping said:

Guy's long-lost brother.

Personally, I wouldn't go as far as 'loving' the translator unless he also named Mae 'Girl'.

I don't know, actually. Boy is the only one in the manual. I'd have to play the game to find out more.

You know the truly bizarre part, though? The same translation that names Alm "Arum", Mycen "Meißen" and Boey fucking "Boy" calls Desaix... Well, Desaix. I would've expected the guy to jump on Dozer like a ravenous hyena, but nope. Of course, Desaix is another one of those historical references that Kaga loves so much, so it checks out, but still. Why Boy and not Dozer?

Enough on that, though. It's time to get back to massacring Alistair.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dread got as planned

Nice.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why does that man look like a massive meme.

He's wild ridin'.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

idk if I'm going to play 2 or not, don't kill me Xenofolks

Too late. I'm already inside your walls.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That class was better in X, though (better as in, more enjoyable)

Hmm yeah. Cause in addition to two guns, you got to swords to go with it.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

I can't vibe with that class honestly lol

Smh.

Wha...

So the Denerim blacksmith and his assistant, whom I barely remember from the original game, were running around panicking. Naturally, as I'd just fulfilled the "murder all 10 innocent civilians" side objective. I ignored them for the time being and focused on the crowd of knights assaulting us. They ran off into an alley. I figured they'd be easy picking for later.

When I looked back, one of them (the assistant I think) had turned into a succubus. She proceeded to cast a warping spell and get both of them out of there.

I love this game. That's not the kind of character arc I had expected to encounter in this "play as the bad guys" DLC.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

I remember the double gun blade in Torna being more fun xD

That's natural tho. Minoth is based, his Arts and Skills are named in Spanish and also it's Xenoblade 2 so hit-based cooldowns.