• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Yeah, that ending hit, although I didn’t expect the direction it went in. Now to wait for season 5…

3 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Since the date is 12/15. he's in Act 2 Part 1.

Ah, nice observation.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade 3 review soon.

Hype.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I don't have a core party really

Everyone did this when playing Trails.

Everyone except me… tbf, looking back on it I probably would, at least with Sky 3rd. But with this game, I really didn’t like that many of the characters to feel like switching around. The only character on the bench who I kinda wanted to use was Emma.

using whoever needs levels

The game automatically levels up everyone other than Rean after every story segment.

I'm only 33 hours in, but from what I recall you were still on Act 2 50 hours in, unless I'm remembering incorrectly. CSII seems to be shorter than CSI from what I've found.

CS1 and CS2 took me the same amount of time. Which is to say, CS1 took me 98 hours and CS2 took me 99 or 100. Or maybe it was the other way around, I genuinely don’t remember. Point is, they were very similar.

But tbf, CS2’s length seems to vary quite a bit based on how much time you spend doing side quests, recruiting students, fighting cryptids, etc.

On the topic, I'm also wondering if I have the right idea of everyone's gameplay archetypes, based on their default Master Quartz and crafts...

You don’t really have to stick to gameplay archetypes in this game. The enemies are weak enough and the tools it gives you are strong enough that you can pretty much just go crazy and be fine.

Hide contents
  • Rean is a fast attacker
  • Alisa and Jusis are mixed attackers
  • Elliot is a healer
  • Emma is an offensive mage
  • Laura is a strong girl with a big sword
  • Fie is a speedy girl
  • Millium is a strong and tanky girl
  • Machias is a defensive support, I think
  • Gaius and Sara are also fast attackers, probably, though Sara might be another mixed attacker and Gaius's default MQ makes him dodgy

I could give all the physical attackers stat boosters, support arts, and status inflictors while giving the arts users spells and EP Cut, Cast, etc. but I wonder if there are any particular builds I should look into.

Alisa is more of a supportive/offensive caster hybrid than a mixed attacker, what with her ability to give the entire party CP and insight with her crafts. Her strength isn’t that high and iirc she doesn’t have any physical crafts, at least not S-crafts. Her fire locks are a little baffling, but I’m pretty sure I just used those to give her fire arts.

Everything else is pretty spot on, though I would say you’re right in Sara being a mixed attacker (who leans slightly more physical). The most essential part you’ve missed is that Fie is the dodgy one. I never tried it on Gaius but stacking evasion could really work on anyone, Fie is just the best at it because she has an innate evasion rate higher than everyone else’s in these games, and she’s super fast (which just makes her one of the best characters to stack evade on because speed is the god star). I don’t really know much about Gaius though, since he was one of those characters who was always warming the bench right next to Laura and Machias.

As far as builds you should look into, outside of stacking evasion on Fie, the most broken thing in this game is probably the chrono burst art, which you should use if you haven’t (I didn’t). The speed run strat for CS1 is pretty much just having Rean double buff everyone’s strength, use everyone except Alisa’s S-crafts, having Alisa use chrono burst, having her give CP to the entire party, then repeating those last two steps until you’ve used enough S-crafts for whatever you’re fighting to die, which won’t take long at all if you don’t mind cheese. And spending all your money on EP charges. You don’t just have to cheese with it though, it’s broken in general.

Speaking of broken, there’s a master quartz called Tauros lying around in a chest somewhere (don’t remember when you get it, check if you already have it), which increases all of your physical damage by an insane amount (at max level I believe it’s either double or 2.5 times damage) at the cost of more delay. That might seem like a hefty drawback, but that combined with a double strength buff and this quartz called domination, which doubles the damage of your first attack (including S-crafts) and iirc is also in a chest somewhere, will completely wreck the game if you combine them on someone like Laura, Millium, or Sara.

Have you been fighting those optional cryptids? They all give quartz with insanely good arts, all of which are worth using iirc. They cost all your EP, but that can be mitigated a bit if you want to load someone up on EP cuts and EP quartz. They take forever to cast, but that can be completely circumvented with your best friend Chrono Burst. In fact, I mentioned before that using Alisa’s CP restoring craft was key to the speed run of CS1, but CS2’s actually barely does that, because one of those quartz gives you an art that gives everyone 100 CP (and you have Chrono burst by the time you get it). It’s more than possible to take those bosses on “early”, so you definitely should.

As far as I know Trails from Zero gives you the same four characters for the majority of the game, so character-building should probably be less complicated there.

Guest characters pop in and out as the story goes along, but you always keep those core four, yes. Now if Rixia was one of those four, the game would truly be peak fiction.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6974.png?width=477&height=432

Nice, glad that question was answered and you were able to find yet another masterpiece and a new favorite game of all time!

What are you playing next, btw?

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:
Spoiler

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dk_L4IvU4AEAO0x?format=jpg&name=large

Some of these are definitely massive spoilers for where Lightchao is at, especially the phantasmal mirror characters. I know that mechanic is a bit different from regular playable characters, but their inclusion still implies… things. And they don’t know about some of the regulars, anyway. Yes I know, the irony of me mentioning someone else spoiling Lightchao. But anyway, based Elise and Alfin hate. Although I feel like Alisa is getting undersold a bit…

38 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Holy crap, chapter 23 is so good. Head Chef best class.

Yes, I agree. It's a bit of a divisive chapter, from what I saw at Dangen's discord, but I love it because of how unique and creative it is. As per usual, y'know.

Head Chef indeed best class.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Man, the US just went crazy today...

What in particular? Honestly with the escalation the raiding of a golf course seems to be more natural progression than massive leap.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, that ending hit, although I didn’t expect the direction it went in. Now to wait for season 5…

DAMMIT there'll be more? So catching up won't even reach the end? *sigh

@Armagon I see there's a new top game now.

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

DAMMIT there'll be more? So catching up won't even reach the end? *sigh

Season 5 is supposed to be the last season.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

the most broken thing in this game is probably the chrono burst art,

Man, just wait till you hit Reverie. You think CB is broken now, just imagine it with 90% less EP cost!

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Although I feel like Alisa is getting undersold a bit…

Missed this, but CS IV will fix that for ya by giving her CP Regen the abiity to hit herself as well, making her resource refilling infinite. (Well CS III has that too but she is shit for other reasons in III that you will find out, biggest reason i hated III)

Xenoblade 2 modding in a nutshell:

cf622e5918b9eccfce85516a522cc7b9.png

Also, ID's go up to *drumroll*

e52c5f248aaee8cdc66196378b1fb74b.png

3,895! That's ALOT of effects to edit, for just one portion of the game. Makes me appreciate what we had in game, lmao

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

What are you playing next, btw?

I'm not done with Xenoblade 3 yet. But when I do 100% it, I'll probably actually go finish Mario+Rabbids.

Now I don't tent to add much to US politics as a topic here, but I felt this had to be shown at least.

People protesting at the FBI raiding his place and that's what one of them chose to bring.

Some people really are in deep.

It's a bit of a problem to have the DLC end on a "protect the ally" mission when Alistair focuses on the archdemon super hard, has a billion HP, and my only mage is really bad at healing. I've managed to kill everyone other than Alistair three times now, but then the dipshit just casually slips through the crowd mauling him, slices the hilariously weak big bad a couple times and that's it, we lose. I have no idea how to keep him from going after the big guy. Taunting and surrounding him does nothing.

I knew I hated this guy for a reason. How I look forward to killing him again.

Well, I'll figure it out some other time. Let's see how Metroid Miedo treats me.

EDIT: Oh right, I have to read the Metroid manga because my coworker pal still won't get the hint. Ah, well, let's get this over with.

Edited by Saint Rubenio