• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

It was a long day, but I finally managed to fix my PC. Now, onto the replies.

On 8/9/2022 at 1:58 AM, Sooks said:

CS2 took me 99 or 100

H-how? I went for the 100% and clocked at nearly 60 hours.

Concerned Dog GIF - Concerned Dog Worried - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

But anyway, based Elise and Alfin hate.

Pleb-tier taste here, Sooks, Alfin is best girl. When she's not near Elise, that is.

Although I feel like Alisa is getting undersold a bit…

t. Alisa fan.

On 8/9/2022 at 4:03 PM, Lightchao42 said:

I suspected that it had every character so I skipped it over if that makes you feel better.

Smh

After all the trouble I went to get this image to you...

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Tier list updated.

fe.PNG.6547c7e28819f1dc3a0c3656dca283e4.PNG

>rev at the top

猫咪转头GIF:你有猫吗? 你有猫吗???? _这个周末你有空吗_ ...

I still have nightmares of my lunatic run.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Theeeere we go! I murdered the good guys.

@Newtype06 I killed Alistair again, isn't that amazing?

Okay, Awakening time now.

And I thought you went on to play Metroid because you were stuck

7 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

>kaguya

Should have ended a long ago.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Newtype06 Uhhhh... It appears Alistair has risen from the dead and was named King of Ferelden for his powerful necromancing. Is this supposed to happen or...? I'm going to assume not, but... Damnit, I don't want this! I want my evil bad guy timeline! Why is this doofus here?

Did you import the right save?

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Just wait until he gets his own SMT crossover

> Over 40C 
> Sun blazing down
> It's raining too
> Heavier, grayer clouds in the horizon
> Thunder and Lightning

Yep, just a typical Mexicali summer afternoon...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

30 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

H-how? I went for the 100% and clocked at nearly 60 hours.

Concerned Dog GIF - Concerned Dog Worried - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

Idk, I did 100% too.

Pleb-tier taste here, Sooks, Alfin is best girl. When she's not near Elise, that is.

Alfin best girl for 5 minutes let’s goooo.

t. Alisa fan.

Now listen you, you’re wrong about everything because—

>rev at the top

猫咪转头GIF:你有猫吗? 你有猫吗???? _这个周末你有空吗_ ...

I still have nightmares of my lunatic run.

Never mind, you’re actually right about everything.

Okay, advanced a little more on the questline. I actually sided with the vampires. Maybe next playthrough, if I ever do another heh, it'll be with the Dawnguard.

Now that I fixed my PC, I was finally able to finish reading the VN, which is long even though it only has the first act complete. The writing is pretty hit or miss for the most part, having several sequences where nothing important or interesting happens, but when the plot beats hits, it hits hard. It's funny how real that quote "a million is a statistic" is, I let a city be invaded by orcs and demons to rape, pillage and burn without batting an eye but I was moved when a side character suffered because they helped the protagonist. By the way, I believe the author gave us good villains, it's been a while since I've felt so much hatred for any character and I wanted to see them fall. I prefer not to comment on the H-scenes...

I knew that VN was divisive (and infamous too) and that's why I decided to give it a chance, since I like to explore works that divide opinions, because what's the fun in saying everything that's been said before? Everyone knows Terminator 2 is cool and Catwoman sucks, and I have no interest in continuing a circlejerk. Anyway, it manages to pull its weight.

The art is excellent also. I would post some CGs here for IO, but they would be a hassle to censor, so I'll stop right there.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Alfin best girl for 5 minutes let’s goooo.

She's great in CS2 and CS4 too. Certainly one of the highlights, character-wise, in a bloated game.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Oshi no ko kino tho

It is about idol culture, right? I might check out since I have some ideas...

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm...

Edited by Newtype06

Crap, Lyttia is in the epilogue. Worst non-gacha game of the year right there.
Anyway, Bertollia and Fernando best ship.

This was Vestaria Saga II: Rise of the Holydrake
Just one banger of a map after another. Every single one filled with fun and joy. And between feral wyvern, farmgirls with divine hoes and grandma, there was an endless stream of fun units to approach them with. Also Ezrel.

In terms of story, it's not quite all that sadly. It's kinda like Radiant Dawn Part 3. You just kinda go from battle to battle and there is not too much interesting character stuff going on in-between. For the main characters anyway. The rest of the playable cast is a different matter entirely. They all have cool stuff going on. Except Ezrel.

I feel like the backbone of the story just wasn't as strong as they probably expected. There was clearly the intend to have a brother vs brother theme, but it just didn't seem to work out as well in practice. Add in the fumbling about the Roleck family and there is just not too much engaging stuff going on in the main plot.
It's still a fun trip for sure. Great NPCs aplenty. Much better then Radiant Dawn.

Now to play the original Japanese version.

Edited by BrightBow

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

And I thought you went on to play Metroid because you were stuck

Metroid has predictably been failing to get me hooked. I'm still playing it, but the amount of times I've caught myself thinking "I wanna finish this so bad so I can play FE1, of all things" is worrying.

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Did you import the right save?

I imported the only save lol. My girl was exactly the way I left her, same skill shortcuts in the action bar and everything. The only discrepancy is that Alistair is breathing. Which is of course a pretty terrible discrepancy, because I don't want him to breathe.

...can I kill him again in Awakening? I'm willing to accept this if it means I can kill him again.

29 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Crap, Lyttia is in the epilogue. Worst non-gacha game of the year right there.

I was disappointed too. Alas, we can't all be as cool as Berwick.

Anyway, Bertollia and Fernando best ship.

Bertoullia x Fernando and Hestion x Alexander. Best ships right there. Well aside from the ones belonging to Castore and Porruck

This was Vestaria Saga II: Rise of the Holydrake
Just one banger of a map after another. Every single one filled with fun and joy. And between feral wyvern, farmgirls with divine hoes and grandma, there was an endless stream of fun units to approach them with. Also Ezrel.

Gahahahahah! Poor, poor Ezrel. Nobody likes him.

Anyway, yeah. Chapter 22 aside, I agree wholeheartedly.

In terms of story, it's not quite all that sadly. It's kinda like Radiant Dawn Part 3. You just kinda go from battle to battle and there is not too much interesting character stuff going on in-between. For the main characters anyway. The rest of the playable cast is a different matter entirely. They all have cool stuff going on. Except Ezrel.

Yeah, I have to agree here. I'd say Kaga clearly spent too much time focusing on his fun and bizarre secondaries and ended up leaving the main plot wanting.

Of course, I've barely even mentioned it because I don't care. Game's fun. Characters are fun. Couldn't care less if the plot has issues.

I feel like the backbone of the story just wasn't as strong as they probably expected. There was clearly the intend to have a brother vs brother theme, but it just didn't seem to work out as well in practice.

Probably because the main villain is as bad and uninspired as all of Kaga's non TRS and BWS main villains.

But the game had Baruke. So who cares.

Add in the fumbling about the Roleck family and there is just not too much engaging stuff going on in the main plot.

I wish the Roleck family had been executed better. They had lots of potential, but Kaga couldn't seem to handle that many characters interacting together, and then he just HAD to do his shenanigans...

It's still a fun trip for sure. Great NPCs aplenty. Much better then Radiant Dawn.

Hah! Well, it helps that this one was translated by a talented person, as opposed to Treehouse.

Now to play the original Japanese version.

Enjoy! Do tell if there are any interesting differences.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Enjoy! Do tell if there are any interesting differences.

For starters, Zoey completely wrecked the Netherdrake's shit. No special dialog for it, sadly.
Not really a difference. I just thought that was funny.
I heard he revives repeatedly in the original version, but he didn't even need to this time.

As for actual differences, Zade starts with an extra Short Sword, even on Easy Mode where he has his buffed up Edelstern with double the durability. But in exchange, Zayid does not give a Merc Sword to Ashram. Sheela gets no stats from her talk either.
In chapter 2, the Thief with the gem just run straight to the switch in the top East corner and left, instead of him just scuffling around in the Northern part of the map. Feels like any attempt to catch up to him comes down to luck, considering there is a sleep tome guy in the way. And Sheela does not have 100% accuracy against him either way.

Oof, no Haggler on Jonathan. At least judging by his NPC version. That kinda limits his utility.

Also Vanice is level 2, with what at a glance looks like the same stats as in VS2. I couldn't help but notice because in VS2, she is level 30 in chapter 2, but level 2 in chapter 25. I was wondering if the level drop meant something, but it seems like they simply forgot to change her c25 version to be consistent with her chapter 2 apperance.
Kinda like how Arielle in one of her appearances uses the generic High Priest sprite, I suppose.

Edited by BrightBow