Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

But her class sucks because it's trying to emulate her play style but with less Arts.

I wonder how that works lol

Well, will do the post game sometime down the line, but most likely when the DLC hero quests start dropping

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Every time someone buys cabbage in my store, I think of Ruben and Garon.

Help.

And now you've made me think of this.:

maxresdefault.jpg

Harvest Moon 64, a fixture of my early childhood. Where I'll never forget that of the three Spring crops, cabbage takes the longest to grow, but also sells for the most per plant. Although adjusting for growth times, you might get more cash from turnips or potatoes.

You've also compelled me to watch this.:

I've been meaning to!😄

I would advise you to watch it it as well. It's good.🤓 (Feel free to skip past the wine sponsorship though, I usually do.)

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I wasn't expecting that archer to deal quite so much damage to Theda.

...Ah, well. Now Mars is free to try his luck with Minerva, at least.

Kill her. You deserve it b/c now the real Lorenz has to go unrecruited!😠

How could you not think of that terrible long-term loss?! Shame. On. You!

Or, don't. The Goddess of Wisdom and War is a fine female character, one of the rare not mages/clerics/pegs in Archanea-Valentia.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

wonder how that works lol

It's literally

Spoiler

Summon elementals -> discharge for massive damage but the summon elementals is locked to one Art instead of several.

It is the one time of Xenoblade 1 superiority because it really does not work with the current Art pallet.

On the flip side, Melia's Heroic Chain is super busted, it allows you to go over 100 without triggering the Order. Nia's is similarly busted, it reactivates everyone that went before her and her Chain Order revives any fallen party members so that they can participate.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Summon elementals -> discharge for massive damage but the summon elementals is locked to one Art instead of several.

Spoiler

How do you change between the elements then? Or does she only have fire now or something

And do the elements still give the buffs?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

On the flip side, Melia's Heroic Chain is super busted, it allows you to go over 100 without triggering the Order. Nia's is similarly busted, it reactivates everyone that went before her and her Chain Order revives any fallen party members so that they can participate.

Spoiler

Oh wow no wonder they are post game xD

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:
  Hide contents

How do you change between the elements then? Or does she only have fire now or something

And do the elements still give the buffs?

Hide contents

Oh wow no wonder they are post game xD

Spoiler

The elements are summoned through the one Art. It's kinda weird tho cause sometimes I get one element and sometimes I get three. I think it buffs too.

You do get two ways to discharge them, one via another Art and the Talent Art, the latter is AoE and more powerful. Just one small problem, Kevesi cooldowns. At least in 1, you had much more control over Melia's Talent Art.

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

RdjOt4B.jpg

Funny thing about this is: modding XC2, I raised the time needed to recharge arts, as i feel being able to nuke the enemy with them is kinda a problem for balance, haha.

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Funny thing about this is: modding XC2, I raised the time needed to recharge arts, as i feel being able to nuke the enemy with them is kinda a problem for balance, haha.

No no, this is a war crime.

Xenoblade 3 ending spoilers

Spoiler

Broke: the cast reunites in the DLC epilogue

Woke: the cast reunites in Project X Zone 3 babyyyy let's gooooooooo

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Also reduced the multiplier to srts recharge at max affinity from x1.25 or so?

How about this: mod Xenoblade 3 so Kevesi Arts are good.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have corrupted your mind.

Gahahahahahahahahah.

World conquest is but a stone's throw away.

Sufferrrrrrrrrrrrrr

…No, wait a minute:

That’s better.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

Ah, that feeling when you finally beat a superboss fight that had you stumped for months.

But really...

These two... these two... I can finally move on from them.

I do really like how Nelke's staff was buffed from 1 to 5 range. Maybe also tripling it's durability was a bit much, but ranged refreshing does allow for some strategies that otherwise wouldn't be possible. So it's a nice addition.

Seems like most changes made for these early maps were very much for the better. Only thing I don't like is Penelope's Longbow. It's so ridiculously overpowered compared to all the other long-range bows you get. I think buffing the accuracy of the Arbalests would have been a better alternative. 1-7 range by the 3rd map is nice and all but 40% accuracy is really painful.

I'm rather confused why all bows got hit so heavily with the nerf stick anyway. Seems like every single one of them lost somewhere between 10 to 20 accuracy.
I can't say I got the feeling they were overpowered in VS1, so I don't get why they got nerfed like this across the board, as if there was some big problem that needed fixing.
Fortunately everyone starts out with much higher Dex anyway. It effectively only nerfs Amlute. Maybe the game wants to encourage using swords with him? Idk.

Edited by BrightBow

Oh hey, a GOTY poll.

It's too early for me to tell, considering Mario XCOM 2 isn't out yet. And I could always discover a surprise at the last minute. I played Vandal Hearts 2 in like, the last week of 2021, and I loved the heck out of it!

...Wait, I just noticed, Sparks of Hope is an option looool. I might have to change my "other" vote, then. We'll see when the time comes.

Anyway, NES Together We Ride was a bop already.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kill her. You deserve it b/c now the real Lorenz has to go unrecruited!😠

How could you not think of that terrible long-term loss?! Shame. On. You!

Wait, what...

OH FUCKSTICKS! BOLLOCKS! Mars can't get him! It's only Marth in the remake that can! Oh, noooo...

...Also, I just remembered, even if I could get Lawrence (let's be honest it's definitely gonna be that in this translation), this still would mean I get no Roger convo.

Yeah, no, fuck the ironman. I'm going back. Luckily I made a save state to check both of Wendel's possible recruitment conversations. Glad I forgot to delete it! It's early into chapter 5, but that's okay. I don't mind replaying it.

Sheesh all because I wanted to distract an archer from going after Zagallo... And he would've died anyway had he not dodged a thing!

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or, don't. The Goddess of Wisdom and War is a fine female character, one of the rare not mages/clerics/pegs in Archanea-Valentia.

Oh yeah, I'm still gonna use Minerva, though. Minerva's way cool. Best Whitewing by far.

6 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

…No, wait a minute:

That’s better.

Wraith, you need to tell that to yourself, with all this animeposting slipping through the cracks.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I do really like how Nelke's staff was buffed from 1 to 5 range. Maybe also tripling it's durability was a bit much, but ranged refreshing does allow for some strategies that otherwise wouldn't be possible. So it's a nice addition.

Nelke's staff is really fun, yeah. It's the kind of dumb broken crap that makes Kaga games fun. Though I agree 22 uses is too much, I never run out of uses in the entire game.

Seems like most changes made for these early maps were very much for the better. Only thing I don't like is Penelope's Longbow. It's so ridiculously overpowered compared to all the other long-range bows you get. I think buffing the accuracy of the Arbalests would have been a better alternative. 1-7 range by the 3rd map is nice and all but 40% accuracy is really painful.

Penelope's longbow is so good there's absolutely no reason to use any other arbalest ever. Honestly without it Slayne's niche would be pretty awful to use.

Incidentally, it was already in VSGaiden. It was just a clemency mode thing. In VS2 it was simply thrown in there with no strings attached.

I'm rather confused why all bows got hit so heavily with the nerf stick anyway. Seems like every single one of them lost somewhere between 10 to 20 accuracy.
I can't say I got the feeling they were overpowered in VS1, so I don't get why they got nerfed like this across the board, as if there was some big problem that needed fixing.
Fortunately everyone starts out with much higher Dex anyway. It effectively only nerfs Amlute. Maybe the game wants to encourage using swords with him? Idk.

Kaga be Kaga I guess. Wouldn't be him without some utterly incomprehensible decisions.

Oh God thieves don't drop what they pillage from chests in this game. It just disappears if they get to a chest.

No matter. Just gotta throw Rena in the team so she can use portal to get someone to the far off chest.

...And then give it to Riff and go back to the bench forever.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wraith, you need to tell that to yourself, with all this animeposting slipping through the cracks.

“Go not too often among ruins," said the Daemon in one of his rare moods of admonitory confidence. "For there is a strangeness in the shadows which these memorials of the vastness of the Past, broken though they may be, have thrown for so many centuries upon the selfsame spot as in the dawn of their erection. Such shadows have gathered strength from their ancient and unbroken brooding; and they are not as the shadows of natural objects, for human time has accumulated within them like unswept dust, and memories of the dead cluster there like bats in a cavern. They have all the power and all the sopor of despair; they are deep as death and hollow as limbo. The earth has grown abysmal beneath them, and the air is full of unseen precipitate gulfs."

"He is not wise who walks frequently and habitually amid these shadows. For, heedless of the peril, one may slip on some invisible precipice of the Past and go falling forevermore, a phantom among phantoms, sere and purposeless as a blown autumnal leaf, through the windy eternal night of bygone things. Yea, lost from time, he shall whirl impalpably with the gusty sand through shattered arches and between domeless columns; apart from the cycles of being, he shalt dwell henceforward as a shadow with shadows.”

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

Fuck, Qasim is dead. He got doubled by a peggie... What a shame, he was rather good. Ah well, I'll wait for Jeorge(?) for another solid infantry bowman.

...Oh, and Theda almost died again. But the obsession with Mars that all FE1 enemies suffer from came in clutch, that archer just couldn't resist taking a potshot at the protagonist. Phew.

Anyway, Banutu got. I'm so used to him being worthless, and I don't expect anything else from him here. In fact, with the weird durability in this game, he probably will be even worse than usual. He was rad in FE3, but his firestone had so few uses, I shudder to even imagine how brittle it'll bOH MY GOD IT HAS INFINITE USES BANUTU EPIC

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I love how all the votes so far are for other. Kinda amazed Elden Ring wasn't one of the options thou.

I should have mentioned Nintendo in the title since I was focussing on games by Nintendo.

Edit: Fixed the poll.

Edited by Eunie