• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Make your own opinion! It doesn't necessarily have to follow the crowd.

True

But i generally don't like squeenix to begin with.

Oh well, i will still try it

I just had to get greedy. Had to try and grind reinforcements for some extra EXP. Now Jeigan is dead and we're running for the hills like idiots. How cinematic. This is Mars's Ulster moment.

Ah well, too bad, but Hardin was well on his way to becoming the second Jeigan - without even promoting! Funnily enough, this would fit Kaga's original idea of having Jeigan die a plot death at some point of the story. He was unable due to the NES only allowing for four lines of dialogue per chapter, but my incompetence has seen these plans brought to fruition.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Make your own opinion! It doesn't necessarily have to follow the crowd.

I haven't seen criticisms calling the game downright bad, this isn't a Balan Blunderworld demo situation again. Script quality, voice acting, aesthetic and graphics seem to be points of critique, frivolous things, the gameplay has gone largely unspoken of. Sounds more like it'll be 7/10 territory based on the demo reactions, 8/10 if you like it, but I don't see any optimistic exuberance to suggest it's a 9 or 10. Ultimately we need the entire game to judge.

I just want them to give me the dapper old guy and not make him the bad guy like the rest of the dapper old men in JRPGs. Glaring exceptions notwithstanding. I know I already got that like twice, but the fans of anime teens get their preferred characters on a daily basis. Can I get my wish just a tad more frequently? Pretty please?

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Huh, I never used him! Xd

Oh dear... That's too bad. Axel's not the best fighter, but his utility's excellent. And his story is top notch, best character in a game full of great characters.

Now I'm not sure if I want to use Seazer or Radhi. I like Radhi's palette better, but Seazer has three lines of dialogue, granting him a greater depth of character. Hmmm.

Also maybe I'm just terrible but this game isn't as easy as people said. It's not super hard or anything, but it's not PoR level.

...Or maybe that's just because I'm trying to use Theda, who has 3 strength and is the archetypical useless earlygame peggie in this game. Honestly, I should just bench her. She's horrible.

Ashera's voice reminds me of Bayonetta, which is good. I got tired of fighting random enemies in the castle of doom so I tested out autobattle so I could write this post while playing. The AI will even perform chain attacks on its own and is probably better at the game than I am. I'm also finished with Chapter 4:

Spoiler

The team fights Ethel and Cammuravi, Cammuravi rips his eye out like a chad, he and Ethel fight to the death because that's their thing, Mio punches Moebius OP like a chad, and then they explode. How eventful! It's a shame about Ethel and Cammuravi though... even if Ethel is still on the hero select screen, so who knows what will happen?

It turns out Mr. Wild Ride is the combined form of D and J, not just D's Moebius form. D turns out to be another random guy and he's still a fun villain, but he's ultimately defeated because Eunie doesn't appreciate how he previously killed her. Whether they survived is unclear, but I assume they managed to escape.

The queen is revealed to be Melia rather unceremoniously, like the characters always knew her name but just never mentioned it until now. We also live through every XC1 fan's worst nightmare by fighting her. Then it's revealed that the queen is a robot, but the real Melia is presumably still around... somewhere. The real Melia is too dignified to be launched like that, after all.

Ethel is back, sort of, so maybe soldiers who die in battle are "recycled" until they reach Homecoming. Our battle with N is interrupted by Vandham's faction and we skedaddle. Mio also has a lookalike (presumably the Silver Consul M) who is probably N's girlfriend. The plot thickens...

I'll try to finally recruit Alexandria next. I first met her in Chapter 3 so no doubt she has been waiting long enough to fight the party again.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

suppose thats better than it constantly erroring. Xd

No because it didn't save that I beat it. And it was a school night so I had to leave it for the next day.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

One of the reasons XC2 combat is so fun is it's high speed, tbh

Yeah I don't really see the reason to nerf XC2 combat, it's basically perfect (I still prefer it to 3, if marginally).

But hey, do what you like.

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

He is 100% auto wins. He has a skill that recharges his arts when he evades anything along with an evading art and a blade special that gives him 100% evasion for 6 attacks. This creates situations where the player cant possibly lose. 

But its brain dead. 

As someone who has solo'd Superbosses with Corvin, can confirm that a single fuck up will cost you the battle.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't yesterday b/c I know the next boss judging from the silhouette is KD3, and I feel like the weight of seeing him again would be undermined by me having listened to renditions of his theme in the concert medleys

Did they play the Forgotten Land version of the theme? Or was it all new?

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ashera's voice reminds me of Bayonetta, which is good

Hmmm. Does sound similar. Looked it up and it's not the same VA tho.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just want them to give me the dapper old guy and not make him the bad guy like the rest of the dapper old men in JRPGs.

Gentlemanly old man who isn't evil and doesn't die in a JRPG?

Rowen-Cut-in-To-X.pngRowen-Cut-in-To-X2-2.png

Rowen from Tales of Xillia, and his redesign in the direct sequel Tales of Xillia 2. Age 62, he was once a general known as "Ilbert the Conductor" for the way he brilliantly ordered troops on the battlefield. He retired, buried his reputation, and became a butler instead, until the events of Xillia 1 forced him out of it. Gameplay-wise, he is the dedicated offensive mage of the six heroes.

Flipping through all my Tales memories, he is basically the only playable old man this long JRPG franchise (Xillia was the 13th mainline installment- "XIII"ia, it's now up to 16 entries) has ever had.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Did they play the Forgotten Land version of the theme? Or was it all new?

It's the last part of this snippet. Although since I haven't taken on KD3 in Forgotten Land yet, I just thought it was a new remix, it's the comments that told me otherwise. Not helped by them using Super Star Ultra for the accompanying video montage.

Unlike the rest of the concert, this part was held inside the Kirby Cafe.

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah I don't really see the reason to nerf XC2 combat, it's basically perfect (I still prefer it to 3, if marginally).

But hey, do what you like.

? You assume i'm just throwing out nerfs, but imo there is no need for Poppi for example to max damage every time she hits something. There is a difference between fun and braindead gameplay imo, and stuff like this draws the line.

As i said earlier, im trying to incorporate more strategy in the game.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As someone who has solo'd Superbosses with Corvin, can confirm that a single fuck up will cost you the battle.

Then thats on you, i've never run into that issue personally.

43 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You assume i'm just throwing out nerfs, but imo there is no need for Poppi for example to max damage every time she hits something

Is Poppi maxing everything on a casual run? Cause I know Poppi can be very busted....but this also assumes you actually invest in Poppiswap.

44 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Then thats on you, i've never run into that issue personally.

The point was that I couldn't get away with mashing my hands on the buttons.

Okay, I did most of the questline today. Trying to find my way through the Soul Cairn was still as much of a pain as last I remember. Well, I'm done with that... for now. Now I'll head to the Forgotten Vale. I still have some non-repeatable radiants to do... because the RNG of the radiants is... ugh. X_X Well, once I'm done with the main questline I can do the ones I'm missing in short order, I hope. But that's for next time.

20220813_231505.jpg

20220813_231508.jpg

This is the same island that Godzilla vs Kong is on so imma just assume this whole island is a Monster/Skull Island reference. 

The game keeps getting more and more based.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not helped by them using Super Star Ultra for the accompanying video montage.

Interesting that they would do that. Though of course, the main parts of the video were showing the band itself playing. So they probably just threw in accompanying video game footage here and there.

Edited by Armagon

oh my, Foreverkirby video post

Yes, I downloaded all the songs from their channel at once when they made it on Youtube.

Suite: The Star-Conquering Traveler - Kirby 30th Anniversary Music Festival - YouTube

just listen to the final part

o r g a n

Qg3XG8F.jpg?1

one step closer to this

eunie vibing - YouTube

Edited by Eunie

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Is Poppi maxing everything on a casual run? Cause I know Poppi can be very busted....but this also assumes you actually invest in Poppiswap.

Okay, so now your assuming i left that so it takes forever without being able to purchase the crystals, which i'm not by the way. Getting things for Poppi is now MUCH less painful.

48 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Okay, so now your assuming i left that so it takes forever without being able to purchase the crystals, which i'm not by the way. Getting things for Poppi is now MUCH less painful.

I mean yeah, if you make the investment for Poppiswap way easier, then of course Poppi's being nerfed.

You just made it sound like Poppi was maxing everything on base game.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean yeah, if you make the investment for Poppiswap way easier, then of course Poppi's being nerfed.

You just made it sound like Poppi was maxing everything on base game.

I would say i cut the cost of all Poppi's stuff by around 60-70%. So the cost/reward ratio doesn't need to be absurd. I'm not killing the game, i'm just making it so certain things aren't so dominant. (Speedy Slash breaking with all 3 hits being gone for example, being only 1 instead) That imo is something that was too reliable overall. And Corvin and Poppi are just going to get the worst of it since they ARE kinda on the top.

Raised Pyra/Mythra's Physical and Ether defence to something respectable to what it really should have been considering their nature. 

Made Roc not terrible by raising his Art recharge speed, animation speed, and some Physical Def.

I like his "focus on back attacks" gimmick, but i don't know how to make it flow better honestly.

Edit: Does he have an art that increases damage on back hits?

Edited by lightcosmo

What i currently have the affinity bonuses set to depending on level:

5c9af4cb890589cad4b9b9ef2e425f3e.png

KizunaMin/Max means how many "points" the driver needs to accumulate before they raise an affinity level.

BArtsProb is blade arts activation rate (I.E Rushdown, Eagle Eye)

CriRate is obvious.

MoveSpeed is obvious.

DArts is Driver Arts charge speed bonus.

Edited by lightcosmo

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Interesting that they would do that. Though of course, the main parts of the video were showing the band itself playing. So they probably just threw in accompanying video game footage here and there.

Most of the time during the entire concert, like 95% of it the montage did match what was being played.

I think the issue, besides the emphasis on the band at the cafe, might be Forgotten Land is too new. One comment complained they didn't include what I'm told is the final battle theme- Two Planets Approach the Roche Limit. Forgotten Land got: the Carby racing level, the frozen Not-London tune, Morpho Knight, one pre-final boss theme (or plot theme? not sure- "The Wild Pack's Last Stand") I skipped over towards the end, and Welcome to the New World. 

Considering Star Allies's final battle got a nine-minute suite, if there is a 35th anniversary concert, the Limit will be reached there. Considering Kirby's popularity in Japan, and that Kirby got this event when Mario and Zelda didn't, I wouldn't doubt that would happen as the 25th was formal attire, the 30th rock concert casual, the 35th will probably be Burning Man for the dress code. And outside of Star Allies, there was a final battle medley performed right before it, and nobody was batting an eye at the sight of Zero-Two on the big screen (nor Magolor, Sectonia, or Star Dream).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer