Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I wish Narcus in Tear Ring Saga was around for longer.
There is probably all kinds of dumb bullshit you could do with the ability to transform into enemy units.

Well, at least he is around for long enough to transform into Julius's superclass, I suppose.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Why tf did they remove so much awesome stuff from the OoT final product? Beta version is superior:

5c56b603f1cf7a068fff9c86fdd3b485.png

Also, usable Medallions that are magic and all attachables to the bow and arrow is awesome.

1 hour ago, ping said:

If oron epref erth espa ceat thew rongs pot sapp roach.

Took me a moment, a ndye tifigu redth iso ut.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

What?

Okayyyy... I'll write it normally. XCX spoilers for the heck of it.

Spoiler

"That might not be untrue of our latter game, the Samaarians (I uncapitalized it on purpose) needs some explaining."

The Samaarians supposedly being the ancestors of humanity, as claimed by Luxaar, as backed by the Zaruboggan revelation. There was an intergalactic human civilization in XCX, in a sense, maybe. We don't really know without X2.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why tf did they remove so much awesome stuff from the OoT final product? Beta version is superior:

5c56b603f1cf7a068fff9c86fdd3b485.png

Also, usable Medallions that are magic and all attachables to the bow and arrow is awesome.

Land mines in Zelda? -Well they were in ALttP's desert area. The Hookshot looks more befitting as an evolution of that game's version of the item. What's with the leaf fan though? Did OoT almost invent the Deku Leaf?

The Lens of Truth looks a lot worse here. Must be a different beta version where the Spirit Medallion wasn't the LoT, since I've heard of that. The Fire Medallion's magic would've been what became Din's Fire in the final product, and the Forest Medallion probably Farore's Wind, given the Forest Temple likely began as the Wind Temple. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Land mines in Zelda? -Well they were in ALttP's desert area. The Hookshot looks more befitting as an evolution of that game's version of the item. What's with the leaf fan though? Did OoT almost invent the Deku Leaf?

The Lens of Truth looks a lot worse here. Must be a different beta version where the Spirit Medallion wasn't the LoT, since I've heard of that. The Fire Medallion's magic would've been what became Din's Fire in the final product, and the Forest Medallion probably Farore's Wind, given the Forest Temple likely began as the Wind Temple. 

That's the Horse Calling Grass! To... uh... call Epona.

Light Medallion Turns you into a Fairy, like the spell from Zelda 2, just you can actually transform back this time around.

Shadow medallion blackens the screen and makes you invincible.

Water Medallion uses Ice to attack.

I think the OoT with the Gems slotted into it was a way better idea, it really adds to the theme.

Edit: Lens of Truth is the "Magnifying" Lens of Truth, hence the giant eye?

Edited by lightcosmo

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

My brother was just playing the beta version for fun and i thought sharing some of the cool ideas they scrapped would be fun.

Wasn't aware this was actually a playable version, I assumed were you were just looking at old screenshots and had to guess what everything did.😄

OoT had it wild. Its development cycle is itself a treasure. Makes the legendary final product seem... simplistic, milquetoast, laaaaaaaame!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

q52t990.png

Didn't know the Spanish were bunch of Hegelists ;):

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Took me a moment, a ndye tifigu redth iso ut.

Go ode ye.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I seriously doubt class sets have anything to do with it, since males have two.

It's more likely that this is for Excalibur and Aura, since in that game they aren't locked to Merric and Linda, but they can only be used by men and women, respectively.

...Which begs the question. What happens if Tomas is a mage?

Hence what I meant about more than one variable. Since for males it could take the Gender value and another one to determine which of Set A or Set B is used. And the 02 value can work the same as the value for Male for this, while the second variable works the same.

Same for the tomes. I would assume the 02 value also allows for Excalibur usage.

24 minutes ago, ping said:

q52t990.png

Didn't know the Spanish were bunch of Hegelists ;):

uypqhwi5fv041.jpg?auto=webp&s=5ea4cb6b83

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hence what I meant about more than one variable. Since for males it could take the Gender value and another one to determine which of Set A or Set B is used. And the 02 value can work the same as the value for Male for this, while the second variable works the same.

Same for the tomes. I would assume the 02 value also allows for Excalibur usage.

Yeah, that makes sense. Still pretty funky that Tomas of all people is different for no reason.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

uypqhwi5fv041.jpg?auto=webp&s=5ea4cb6b83

Meanwhile the Platinean Countries:

"We got plenty of non-Spanish European immigrants, so we have switched to Ananas too."

Rest of the Spanish speaking world:

"Dishonor on your cow!"

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

[ananas.png]

I'm surprised it isn't "piñanas".

(I'd also say something about very sensible people over in Galicia and Basque country, but, er, I'm not sure if I should say that about the region that had terrorist separatists until fairly recently)

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wasn't aware this was actually a playable version, I assumed were you were just looking at old screenshots and had to guess what everything did.😄

OoT had it wild. Its development cycle is itself a treasure. Makes the legendary final product seem... simplistic, milquetoast, laaaaaaaame!

Its a downloadable mod, actually. Someome faithfully restored most of the beta content (it's not a 1:1 recreation ofc but its pretty damn close.

Oh my God but what the fuck is this shit

The game wants me to do a no girls run or something, because it keeps killing all the cool girls with crits!

...By that I mean Minerva and Midia, because the rest are shitty pegasus riders and shitty clerics. And Rinda. Rinda's still alive, at least. I mean, she's not going to promote in a million years, but Aura is pretty awesome.

God fucking damnit.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Okayyyy... I'll write it normally. XCX spoilers for the heck of it.

Ahh true.

But hey, humans aren't the only races who arrived and now must survive on Mira huh. So in that sense, the Episode 2 categorization still applies.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

think the OoT with the Gems slotted into it was a way better idea, it really adds to the theme.

Just one small problem, how does one play the ocarina of the medallions are blocking the passage ways?

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just one small problem, how does one play the ocarina of the medallions are blocking the passage ways?

Idk how the instrument works. But you have a point!

22 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Welcome, teehee.

2135070392_ScreenShot2021-02-02at7_01_17PM.thumb.png.0d3209c21a8a70cacfdf9d1b26937493.png

22 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Welcome to Teehee, newcomer!

Party Hard Anime GIF - Party Hard Anime Party - Discover & Share GIFs

Thanks guys !

(damn right I'm up for the party ;p)

22 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hello! Doing just fine, and you?

Great thanks, almost as fine as that Taur stache 😉

@Interdimensional-Observer

Thank you too !

(still learning how to properly quote and ping, dont mind me ;p)

Seems like a good spirited place indeed, that's refreshing 😉

5 minutes ago, Moonspeak said:

still learning how to properly quote and ping

For the latter:

1. Eat Cookies
  2. Do Heresy
  3. Denounce Imperialism (unless it's the casus belli in Europa Universalis IV)
  4. ???
  5. Profit

6 minutes ago, ping said:

For the latter:

1. Eat Cookies
  2. Do Heresy
  3. Denounce Imperialism (unless it's the casus belli in Europa Universalis IV)
  4. ???
  5. Profit

Can do 2 and 3 pretty easily.

Guess I just need to make some cookies then...

You're lucky I don't have chocolate rn, I was this close to the evil arts of pinging, dear ping master 😉

Edited by Moonspeak

Spoiler

fktis1328sh91.jpg

This dude/tte has the Monado for sure

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

I remember one quest where this guy was actively putting people in danger (as in willing to let them die) so he could steal their rewards. One of the ways that quest can end is by refusing to save him when he gets swarmed by hostile wildlife

10/10

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

Short answer: Xenoblade 3 deals with the fundamental aftermath of Xenoblade 1 and 2.

Or what it wanted to do anyway. You could've removed the connection and the story would've still worked with how unimportant it is. Even better, maybe.

Spoiler

In Xenoblade 1 (also Episode 5), Shulk kills Zanza, the one who was responsible for everything and Bionis is fundamentally changed as it is reformed into an actual planet. In Xenoblade 2 (also also Episode 5)

Wait, both XBC1&2 are EP5? Huh interesting.

Torna was EP4, right? And which was was FC?

Spoiler

So ironically, by being a mostly standalone game, Xenoblade 3 is more connected to Xenoblade 1 and 2 than if it was just some big Xenoblade Endgame. At least that's the way I see it.

Hmm, ya know, this is something i feel maybe someone who played the non-blade games would see it. 

That said

Spoiler

With the involvement of the evil alphabets humanity facing new problems doesn't exactly feel unique. It was just generic bad villain of the week again.

Wouldn't it be much more interesting to see some long ramifications of the actions of the long past? Or the clash between the now connected realms long after our heroes are gone? And not a clash made by evil alphabets?

14 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, it could be interesting if FE implemented something similar to SRW's Supporter system. Wonder how it could be pulled off...

You mean the one with attacker/defender ally support a certain times per turn, right? (Or from what i remember from my little SRW experience)

I imagine it could work very well, honestly.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

History is written by the victors. Some even say Karajan didn't singlehandedly save Vestaria!

Anyone, even the villain i posted, did more to save Vestaria than Athol did xD

2 hours ago, Moonspeak said:

Great thanks, almost as fine as that Taur stache 😉

Hah! Yes, Tauroneo's facial hair is quite sweet.

It's far surpassed, however, by this man.

3cxl4Xfi_o.png

See this beard? This beard is so epic, it's endgame ready. We call him Endgame Ready Beard!

Honestly though Tauroneo has sick facial hair, I just need to shill Endgame Ready Beard whenever the topic comes up

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

TFW good Xenoblade 3 on Twitter but it's mega spoiler so I can't retweet.

Send it to me on a PM to satisfy your sharing urges without fear of ruining the story for anybody.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

Anyone, even the villain i posted, did more to save Vestaria than Athol did xD

Well, of course. Aristotle is one of the great thinkers of the modern Vestaria! He thinks hard enough to realize it's a bad idea to fight Zayid!