Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See this beard? This beard is so epic, it's endgame ready. We call him Endgame Ready Beard!

Ruben, i hardly used Ward in my playthrough as well. XD

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

What a fucking shitshow Gra has been. Mars died once, then on the retry Midia got crit, and I almost lost Mars again, and Georges too for good measure. Jesus fucking Christ.

Georges has been getting some pretty lame levels too. Might be a good time to give Thomas a map or two to prove himself. Partia (which isn't in the manual by the way) seems to have a humongous wplvl requirement, because Georges is unable to use it with his 12 wplvl. Hmm...

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ruben, i hardly used Ward in my playthrough as well. XD

What a sad state of affairs.

Repent by playing Berwick Saga again but this time using the units I think are rad.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Wait, both XBC1&2 are EP5? Huh interesting.

To name a few things... (XC1, XC2, XG Heavy Spoilers!)

Spoiler
  • Both XC1 and XG have a "Gnostic trinity".:
    • Zanza and Deus- The Demiurge, the arrogant creator god of the physical world.
      • The Gnostic Demiurge, also known as Yaldabaoth (sometimes spelled with an "I") or the Archon, came into this world alone. Thus, it thought itself uncreated, the originator of all. Unaware it had been hidden in a cage, the Demiurge was unseen by the world outside its prison, and it unable to see the reality that existence beyond the material veil.
    • Alvis/Monado/Aegis and the Wave Existence- The Monad- "The One Unit". The benevolent spiritual True God of Gnosticism, the primal infinitely deep source of all existence.
      • Although neither of Xeno's Monads are truly gods and they humbly acknowledge this, both supply the Demiurges with their almighty power, the Demiurges are nothing without their Monads. How can you claim to be the God of Everything if you depend on something else? Something you aren't even aware isn't truly your own power? 
    • Meyneth and Elhaym Van Houten- The Sophia.
      • The Monad in Gnosticism has a series of purely spiritual emanations, the Aeons. These are spiritual beings who collectively with the Monad comprise the holy Pleroma- the "(divine) fullness". Each Aeon is named after a virtue or fundamental aspect/trait of existence.
      • Sophia- "Wisdom" is the last birthed of the Aeons. She is the lowest, and the feminine (Aeons have male or female gender) spiritual being who created the Demiurge.
        • Sophia is not evil however, despite the sinful tragedy of material existence that she hath foolishly wrought.
        • Sophia is revered. It is the sacred light of her holy Wisdom that filters into this world, that gives us our wretched human bodies their divine souls. That allows us to acquire the spiritual knowledge, the awareness, the mystical insight, the Gnosis, that allows us to break free of this awful physical realm and return to the heavenly immaterial world of the Monad. She is our beloved Mother, her child the Demiurge our wicked Father.
      • The Sophia is the least well defined member of this trinity in Xeno, IMO.
        • Meyneth is tied up in conflict with Zanza the Demiurge however, who would have all shackled under his sway. And Shulk does honor Meyneth's request to create a world without gods. 
        • Elhaym aka "Elly", the lead female protagonist of Xenogears, was created by the Wave Existence. Abel, Fei's first life, wanted a mother, and thanks to a laboratory the WE was connected to, Abel got that request fulfilled. When they were both killed, Fei and Elly were reincarnated as same-age lovers in all subsequent lives (a bit of the Oedipus Complex here, XG has a touch of Freudian psychoanalysis).
          • The Wave Existence didn't give Elly to Abel for no reason. The Wave Existence wants to be freed from the Zohar (XG's Conduit), the gift of a mother/lover was done hoping it would facilitate that liberation. Abel/Fei and all their other lives -that of the Contact- are the only person with full access to the limitless power of the Wave Existence, which comes from a higher plane of existence, where human souls are also said to originate. If Shulk was Monado Boy, Fei is Contact Boy.
          • As Fei is basically programmed to love Elly in all their lives together, she does motivate him. And in Xenogears, it's fair to say that it's much of Fei's desire to destroy Deus at the end comes from his love of Elly, so she does bring forward his development that gives the strength needed to free the WE.
          • Also, Elly in her most recent prior life, got the title "Holy Mother Sophia" as leader of the Nisan Sect religion.
        • Thus, I'm inclined to say the Sophia in Xeno served the role of helping to lead the heroes in overcoming the Demiurge. Besides being tied up with the big bad god. Doesn't hurt that Fiora got Meyneth'ed so the lead heroines are both Sophia to an extent, though less so with Shoulda Stayed Dead.
  • Dickson bears a resemblance to Kahn Wong, the father of XG's protagonist Fei.
  • Mythra's I destroyed Torna and killed Milton! event in Torna bears some similarity to how Fei had a personality breakdown in his past when he killed his mom, although the results that followed are very different. Pyra is nice, Id is decidedly not (not to mention, "Fei" is actually the third psyche in his body, and no, PneuMan ain't the first). Yet, the ego splits stifle both of their abilities to unleash their full Infinite Energy Powers Supplied by a Giant Rectangle. They have to spend 3/4ths-9/10ths of a game all moody and hesitant trying to get over it. And Rex is just a reimagining of Sagi.
  • XC2's Land of Morytha is XG's Zeboim civilization.
    • Zeboim existed thousands of years ago on the XG planet and was very modern- subways, skyscrapers, hotels, the Not-New York City Rockefeller Plaza Christmas Tree (I would know, I've seen it in person IRL).
    • Zeboim devastated the environment however, humans started going infertile ignore the IRL global decline in sperm counts and ultimately Zeboim collapsed with humanity going almost extinct. When humankind started rebuilding civilization, it had to start from square one all over again.
    • Morytha and Zeboim are Episode 3. 
  • The Nopon might be generic mascot characters, but the Chus of XG are their Xeno predecessor, with 99.99% less charm, visibility, and characterization.

I think this is enough, my brain got fried with the Gnostic stuff.😆

...Buuuut to finish the Gnostic ramble, Gnosticism was a Christianity-Platonism fusion religion.

• Platonism was a Classical philosophy with metaphysics (the philosophy of what the world is made of) stressed that there is a higher plane of existence, where everything that exists in this world, exists in an Ideal form. Everything in the world we know, is an imperfect version of the ideal in the heavens above.
    • Squares exist in this world, but the most perfect squares are in the higher world.
    • All love in this world, is but a series of flawed variations of the absolutely immaculately idea version of love that is found in the higher plane. It is from that ideal we get the loves that exist down here.
  • Christianity enters the scene via Christ.
    • Jesus is the redeemer created by the Monad sent to help free our souls and bring us and mommy Sophia back into union with the Pleroma. To free us from this world and the Demiurge.
    • The Christ of the Gnostics was likely of one nature- the divine nature. The human nature seems to have been reviled by them, as mortal existence is physical which is ewwwwwww to the Gnostic worldview. How disgusting it would be to associate the savior of humanity with that icky stuff!
      • I think it's even questionable if the Gnostics thought Jesus had a real body. More an elaborate hologram that made us ignorant people think he was physical, seemingly physical body a useful tool for preaching among to humanity, and nothing more. Nothing sacred.
        • This undermines the crucifixion. Since Christ wouldn't have suffered, heck you could say there was no resurrection to the Gnostics- you can't kill a hologram by hanging them on a cross.
  • God the Father...
    • Old Testament God = Demiurge = Evil
    • New Testament God Jesus Talks About = Monad = Good
      • Although it's possible some lines in the Old Testament were interpreted as referring to the Monad.

Lastly, Gnosticism is complicated. It died out, it was esoteric, secretive, and elaborate. The winners of Christianity hated it and let its mystical writings be lost to history. It had no single unified set of Aeons and stories about Sophia and the Demiurge, the fine details varied from sect to sect.

I'm not saying you would you end up in the ER if made a drinking game out of Xeno similarities. You'd probably start the journey getting hammered, go through 85% of the game under the blood alcohol content legal limit, and then spend the last 5% drunk again. Maybe.

Torna was EP4, right? And which was was FC?

Future Connected doesn't seem to be anything other than a little start for Episode 6. 

You mean the one with attacker/defender ally support a certain times per turn, right? (Or from what i remember from my little SRW experience)

Nah, not Support Attack and Support Defend.

SRW30 has Supporters. People from the various licensed anime who aren't mecha or battleship pilots, but are relatively important members of their anime's supporting cast. You can equip up to 8 Supporters per battle, each with a passive effect, and a command ability that consumes SSP. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Ah, finally! 13 was the amount of weapon level Georges needed to reach to use Partia.

Thomas is still at 10. Oof. I mean, if Georges dies he takes Partia with him, so it's not like it matters...

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not saying you would you end up in the ER if made a drinking game out of Xeno similarities. You'd probably start the journey getting hammered, go through 85% of the game under the blood alcohol content legal limit, and then spend the last 5% drunk again. Maybe

Yeah. Seems like with Blade Takahashi is redoing and this time finishing his vision, from what i understood.

And the more i read about the older games the more i see that

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SRW30 has Supporters. People from the various licensed anime who aren't mecha or battleship pilots, but are relatively important members of their anime's supporting cast. You can equip up to 8 Supporters per battle, each with a passive effect, and a command ability that consumes SSP. 

ah.

Hmm

Could work, but 8 passive effects might be a bit much. Reduce to maybe 3 or so.

But i will have to experience it first honestly.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nah, not Support Attack and Support Defend.

I remember when i first saw that while playing i was like "This would be perfect for FE", honestly, so that's why i thought Acacia meant that.

I even wrote a post about it yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ago in some kinda fe fandom xD

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Yeah. Seems like with Blade Takahashi is redoing and this time finishing his vision, from what i understood.

And the more i read about the older games the more i see that

With age comes experience. Not attempting to tell a grandiose story over 6 video games and instead doing what you realistically can within one that concludes satisfactorily, certainly helped Xenoblade. After Xenosaga, I think he realized you can't expect a company to assuredly provide you with the resources to churn out so many titles of the same thing, better to assume your story could be cut short at any time with any project.

Now that Takahashi has Episode VI out of his system, can he please come back to Episode II?

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

ah.

Hmm

Could work, but 8 passive effects might be a bit much. Reduce to maybe 3 or so.

But i will have to experience it first honestly.

It totally is.😄 SRW has never been a very difficult franchise I'm told, but the profusion of stuff available in 30 really makes it extra cheesy easy. Still finished the game b/c the writing wasn't auteur spectacular, but it was entertaining enough for me, and big booms to good tunes helped out.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not attempting to tell a grandiose story over 6 video games and instead doing what you realistically can within one that concludes satisfactorily, certainly helped Xenoblade.

Wait, the older games have the good old Trails syndrome?

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now that Takahashi has Episode VI out of his system, can he please come back to Episode II?

EpII is XBX, right?

I am confused tho, i thought all Perfect works eps are suppossed to be related to each other, but isn't X unrelated to the rest of the series, references aside?

it was entertaining enough for me, and big booms to good tunes helped out.

No more reasons needed honestly.

Edited by Shrimpy

And that's Khadein conquered. Garnef doesn't even move in this game, he just stays there, shits out mages and then tells Mars where he needs to go to defeat him. Afterwards, Gateau

...Also, I just realized, I completely forgot Paola and Kachua. They just didn't appear in Gra. Checking Fireemblemwod now, turns out they only join if Minerva is alive. Which she wasn't. Because of a sniper that wouldn't have killed her. If he hadn't gotten a crit.

......Wow. So the coolest gal in the game is dead, her two underlings are gone and Theda is complete fucking 3 strength shit. Looks like this might be the run I use Est... She's my only hope! If she joins! She might get angry that Minerva is gone too! And then I lose Merycus too, because I always seem to lose the exact units I need to lose to lock myself out of cool stuff. Darn it...

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

Well, Xenosaga does. It had to be cut down to three Episodes after sales of Xenosaga Episode 1: Der Wille Zur Macht weren't to Namco's expectations (and despite being broken into titular Episodes, Xenosaga is just Xenogears Episode 1 all the way through). Clearly, they should've joined Nihon not Namco.

Xenogears tells a complete story, but... Square, which The-Team-That-Would-Become-Monolith Soft-At-Namco was working under, seems to have pulled the resources rug out partway into development. Giving the resources over to Final Fantasy VIII I think. -Although I've also heard it said it wasn't anything so sinister, Takahashi just didn't know how to budget his resources and bit off too much story for what he had available. Maybe both assertions are true.

• Xenogears starts just fine, it's after the halfway point when you have to swap out Disc 1 for Disc 2. The gameplay suddenly shrivels up and XG goes from a JRPG to almost a VN, with lacking presentation. The shift is about as jarring as coming home after a long day and seeing Pyra making hot & heavy love with Tora on your IRL bed. The plot overwhelms you with terms and revelations that you don't get enough time to digest properly, leaving you befuddled and struggling to make sense of it all. It's good plot that mostly makes sense when you slowly break it down, just told in a messy whirlwind.
14 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

EpII is XBX, right?

I am confused tho, i thought all Perfect works eps are suppossed to be related to each other, but isn't X unrelated to the rest of the series, references aside?

The Episodes of Xenogears described in Perfect Works were all supposed to be related, yes. And we know how they are related because we know what generally happens in each of them minus XG Episode 6. Xenosaga was canceled too soon to know if Takahashi wanted to make the rest of Perfect Works with it.

As for Xenoblade Chronicles X, as it stands, XCX is unconnected from the rest of Xenoblade. Other than the Land of Challenge non-canon crossover fun in XC2, having Nopon, and like one other little nod to XC1. However, that damnably unfinished story means Monolith Soft could connect it if they desired to do so. Perhaps they already have in a Microsoft Word document last edited in 2012 sitting on a computer in their offices. I don't know. You can't confirm or deny things for certain until you've seen every last moment of a story. Until then, all we can do is speculate.

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

vqDvT5e.png

That bow was buffed from the older version wasn't it. I don't remember it's MT and durability being that high when i played the jp version back then

No idea. @BrightBow could probably say with certainty.

Sheela's great in this game. Having her prf guaranteed, just about as perfect availability as you can have in this game and Flurry makes her kind of a terror on the battlefield. She's come a long way.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The shift is about as jarring as coming home after a long day and seeing Pyra making hot & heavy love with Tora on your IRL bed

Never expected to read such a sentence, ever, but here we are

Thanks for the mental image xD

How dare Pyra NTR me out of Tora like this

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for Xenoblade Chronicles X, as it stands, XCX is unconnected from the rest of Xenoblade. Other than the Land of Challenge non-canon crossover fun in XC2, having Nopon, and like one other little nod to XC1. However, that damnably unfinished story means Monolith Soft could connect it if they desired to do so. Perhaps they already have in a Microsoft Word document last edited in 2012 sitting on a computer in their offices. I don't know. You can't confirm or deny things for certain until you've seen every last moment of a story. Until then, all we can do is speculate.

inb4 X truly stands for 10 and we still have 7 Xenoblade games to go to reach X

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No idea. @BrightBow could probably say with certainty.

Sheela's great in this game. Having her prf guaranteed, just about as perfect availability as you can have in this game and Flurry makes her kind of a terror on the battlefield. She's come a long way.

v2CnE3F.png

I still have the game i thought i deleted it when english got announced, so i went and checked myself.

Durability increased from 20 to 40. That's pretty good

Edited by Shrimpy

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

inb4 X truly stands for 10 and we still have 7 Xenoblade games to go to reach X

Darn it! I don't want to wait that long! Takahashi better start taking nanomachines to live for the next 500 years.😤

X is pronounced "Cross". Which the developers gave two meanings to as stated in interviews. One related to gameplay, the other lightly thematic.

And since I'm in the mood, this is how Xenogears Episode 2 would have begun.:

Spoiler

This doesn't make a lick of sense until well into Disc 2.

XCX did not copy this. You see, Xeno can have some originality once in a while.😀 I lie, XCX's start mimics XS Episode 1 I later discovered.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Darn it! I don't want to wait that long! Takahashi better start taking nanomachines to live for the next 500 years.😤

X is pronounced "Cross". Which the developers gave two meanings to as stated in interviews. One related to gameplay, the other lightly thematic.

And since I'm in the mood, this is how Xenogears Episode 2 would have begun.:

Hide contents

This doesn't make a lick of sense until well into Disc 2.

XCX did not copy this. You see, Xeno can have some originality once in a while.😀 I lie, XCX's start mimics XS Episode 1 I later discovered.

this opening is very familiar...despite me never watching it before xD

Spoiler

ISS, conduit, the war etc. the whole stuff at the end of XBC2

It's only Chapter 5 and the cast of Xenoblade 3 already made it to Swordmarch. They're making good progress; it took until the last chapter of Xenoblade 2 to reach the destination mandated at the beginning of the game.

Spoiler

The party meets Vandham's daughter learns about all kinds of things like old people, parenthood, and babies. Ah, to be young and innocent... there was also the whole life recycling thing and the war being orchestrated by Moebius to harvest life force. We receive a new goal of finding the actual Queens, who are seemingly sealed away somewhere. Dang Guernica was sending us on a fetch quest all along...

That aside, I'm interested in the Founders of the City aka the cast of the prequel expansion. The two mentors talked about are probably Shulk and Rex (which would be rather bittersweet, because it means their happy endings didn't last long); Not-Shulk was a Kevesi soldier so he can't be the actual Shulk. Additionally Not-Fei is apparently connected to Noah and N in some way, but he can't be N himself because N was already around back then. And who is the mysterious seventh founder? Hmm...

Also, I have entered Erythia Sea and met a pirate.

Spoiler

I don't know how Monolith came up with "what if we make one of the Heroes a member of Moebius, but he's good and he's a pirate", but I love him. Per my rules I will look for Fiona before doing his quest, and I assume she is also somewhere in Erythia Sea.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

There was a case of one game being separated into multiple games so yes. Technically it should be Ys syndrome, since Ys I and II were also supposed to be one game.

50 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

There was a case of one game being separated into multiple games so yes. Technically it should be Ys syndrome, since Ys I and II were also supposed to be one game.

Ys did it once, Trails still does it to this day

8 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Or what it wanted to do anyway. You could've removed the connection and the story would've still worked with how unimportant it is. Even better, maybe.

I disagree both because of the Perfect Works perspective but also because i do see what Takahashi meant by it being a thematic conclusion.

Like yeah the story does stand on it's own but tbf, Takahashi did say this could be your introduction to the series too. 

Wait, both XBC1&2 are EP5?

Well in the case of Xenoblade 1, it was retroactive. Remember that game wasn't even Xeno in the first place.

Torna was EP4, right?

Yep. Great war taking place roughly 500 years before Episode 5 that shapes the motivations of several characters? Yep that sure is Episode 4.

And which was was FC?

So before we found out FC was like 10 hours long, i would've called it Episode 6 but now.....not even an Episode tbh. Hmm, what's a good comparison...ah. It's like Xenosaga: A Missing Year. That one's not a game but it's like the best comparison i can make within the context of the series.

Hmm, ya know, this is something i feel maybe someone who played the non-blade games would see it. 

That said

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Yes. But in a way, Xenoblade 3 happened as a result of the previous games' actions. Like the two universes were gonna Big Crunch into each other (this wouldn't have happened if Klaus didn't push the big red button) and when the remaining heroes tried to find a way to live past that, it backfired.

I will admit tbh, because of the sheer lack of info on Episode 6 for 20 years, if Xenoblade 3 did develop into a big Xenoblade Endgame, i would've also gone "yeah this is probably along the lines of the original plans for Episode 6" because we really just do not know. I can only even make these assumptions because of how each game in the series has tried to tell a particular chapter of Perfect Works. Obviously the original Episode 6 wouldn't have had a multiverse element and that was also back when Takahashi heavily skewed into the story side of a video game but past that.....Xenoblade 3 is the only physical manifestation of Episode 6 we can look at for now.

But yeah, these are my thoughts as someone who has played the greater Xeno series and read up on how this was all conceived. I don't want to come across as being like "this is the way it must be viewed", this is just my perspective.

Xenoblade 3 major spoilers in the tag btw

post here in spoiler tag xD

It'll be behind five layers of spoiler tags then Xenoblade 3 endgame spoilers

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

5 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Seems like with Blade Takahashi is redoing and this time finishing his vision, from what i understood.

He's been trying to do that all this time, what's different now is that Nintendo actually cares.

• Xenogears? Doomed because of Final Fantasy (specifically Square's disastrous The Spirits Within is said to be the final nail in the coffin)
  • Xenosaga? Namco seemingly put unrealistic expectations on the series (tbf, Takahashi's overambition at the time is also at fault), Takahashi was removed from his directorial position during Episode II to give newbies a chance (a noble attempt but it's not a coincidence that the worst Xeno game is the one that Takahashi wasn't directing) and it was canned due to low sales (by Namco's standards, the sales weren't that bad overall iirc).
  • Xenoblade? Wasn't even gonna be Xeno but Iwata was like "no wait guys Takahashi is based" and Monolith Soft received full support even when NoA was trying to sabotage the series. It's safe to say that without Nintendo's help, Xenoblade wouldn't have succeeded.
5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Full agreement here man, like yeah we still got the DLC to go but the next Xenoblade game better be the sun rising over Mira once more.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Giving the resources over to Final Fantasy VIII I think. -Although I've also heard it said it wasn't anything so sinister, Takahashi just didn't know how to budget his resources and bit off too much story for what he had available. Maybe both assertions are true.

iirc he was also unable to get an extension to the deadline and the fact that a lot of the dev team were relatively new.

It's a whole bunch of things. But the Final Fantasy part is indeed what killed the overall plans for Xenogears, as he was unable to get that sequel greenlit.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also, I have entered Erythia Sea and met a pirate.

Man of the sea.

Edited by Armagon

You mean the one with attacker/defender ally support a certain times per turn, right? (Or from what i remember from my little SRW experience)

I imagine it could work very well, honestly.

No, that's a different one.

The Supporter system, introduced in SRW T, is basically that some characters, instead of joining as pilots or subpilots, they instead confer a passive bonus and an active command one if deployed on the field. You get X number of supporter slots so you can't deploy them all at the same time.

So, in FE terms, it's kinda like how August and Dryas would each give a Leadership star to Lief, so they still contribute gameplay wise without being actual PC's.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I would like for some XC3 DLC to be music from previous installments, even XS (if possible)

Listening to ANY Xeno theme anywhere? That would be godlike.

Me pulling up to Mobius with this banging on the speakers.

They like their little infinity symbols so much, they about to find out what infinity truly is lol.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well in the case of Xenoblade 1, it was retroactive. Remember that game wasn't even Xeno in the first place.

Ah, yes...

The Beginning of the [Legendary] World [Design]

(specifically Square's disastrous The Spirits Within is said to be the final nail in the coffin)

I thought I heard Spirits Within might still be used in schools as a lesson on how to make some quality 3D animation designs, or at least it was for years long after it flopped. So the Not Final Fantasy Movie was only a 97% failure.

Xenosaga? Namco seemingly put unrealistic expectations on the series (tbf, Takahashi's overambition at the time is also at fault), Takahashi was removed from his directorial position during Episode II to give newbies a chance (a noble attempt but it's not a coincidence that the worst Xeno game is the one that Takahashi wasn't directing) and it was canned due to low sales (by Namco's standards, the sales weren't that bad overall iirc).

Wikpedia put XS Ep 2 at 280k in Japan, no known numbers internationally. But sales were half of Namco's expectations. XS Ep 1 Wikipedia puts at 1 million including international sales, so actually a pretty solid start to a series I'd say. Seems Episode 3 failed to reach 400k even with NA sales (Europe ofc only got Ep. 2).

Full agreement here man, like yeah we still got the DLC to go but the next Xenoblade game better be the sun rising over Mira once more.

They were cruel with that Connotatively Dual-Wielding Monado & Aegis Blade Elma artwork a few years ago.😕

unknown.png?width=405&height=432

What does it mean Takahashi? What does it mean?

I get the feeling that we won't have that polar abyss with a jousting lance in the middle. Alrest stole the idea.

The seemingly undersea rifts I want though, 1000% want.

As an aside, if X2 were to get an arctic region, I want a lot of breathtaking beauty along the coast (assuming XC3 doesn't have such a location). Both the Valak Mountains and Tantal are too terrestrial, confined, cozy, mountainous, "Himalayan", neither feels like Antartica to me. It doesn't matter if they had glaciers, they had no sea to go with the giant chunks of ice. Having the big blue changes the frozen vibe, it offers a vast liquid contrast to the slippery solid white plains and summits, one that stretches beyond the distant horizon. Do you see my perspective? 

Me pulling up to Mobius with this banging on the speakers.

They like their little infinity symbols so much, they about to find out what infinity truly is lol.

If Elma could work as one of those Hero thingamabobs you've been speaking of, I think she could be just what it takes to transform these inferior Keynesian classes Shrimpy has been criticizing into Ackually Useful ones. Quintuple cooldown speed go!

47 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, they just put Adult Tiki in a larger version of her child outfit...

I believe this came up in Awakening once, either her support or a DLC conversation with Anna. Although the outfit wasn't upsized, so Tiki thought it was humiliating.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer