Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Did someone say imouto?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ok but will the animation be good this time cause J.C Staff doing the second season absolutely did not work.

>J.C. Staff

It's over...

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Linde and Vivi get voiced lines, what is this madness? I wasn't expecting Linde to sound like Neptune, insert funny laugh here.

Just wait until III

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about... Oh no, I know it's not unrealistic. Middle ages were fucked. Doesn't mean I have to like it, though. Especially when the game is far from being a historical tale and also actively treats it like it's a good thing, for some reason.

Is it not?

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know what's hilarious? There's like, a single romance between two adults of similar ages in VS2. And that's the political one. All the dudes wanting to fuck underaged girls who occasionally are also their little sisters though, those are the powah of love.

Kaga has an interesting mind.

My hype towards this game keeps increasing

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I wouldn't have had the slightest idea what this was if I hadn't started watching a Lego Lord of the Rings playthrough just yesterday.

Ruben... are you telling us you never watched LOTR?

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Is it not?

My hype towards this game keeps increasing

I should've figured you'd be all over it, anime man.

3 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Even I'm surprised by the massive holes in my pop culture sometimes.

I'd be more likely to read it, anyway. I can only be bothered to watch like, three or four movies a year, and that's if someone else came up with the idea most of the time.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, fuck, Seazer got murdered by a crit. Seriously, what's with the crit rates in this game? It feels like every chapter I get murdered by one. And since I can't see the rates...

SF has the calculation, if only you bothered to look.:

Critical rate  = [(Skill + Luck) / 2] + Weapon Critical [ignore decimals]

There is no way to negate crit rates in this game it appears. Which is the thing that has probably bitten you.

Beside landing criticals, Luck is used for the Devil Sword & Axe curse: 21 - Luck = % chance of misfire. And Luck = Avoid against tomes. Those are its uses.

24 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Annnd? Why the surprise? This a world of 7 billion people, with no shortage of available ways to entertain oneself, including tens of thousands of books, movies, TV shows, and video games. 

Everything in the modern world is at one level or another, niche. Being "popular" can only be achieved with a list of caveats attached to it.

I myself know not LotR. Nor have any real interest in watching it.

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I should've figured you'd be all over it, anime man.

I'm ready to roll

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd be more likely to read it, anyway. I can only be bothered to watch like, three or four movies a year, and that's if someone else came up with the idea most of the time.

Just don't buy the Amazon editions

Shelob Stings Frodo - The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King GIF |  Gfycat

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Annnd? Why the surprise? This a world of 7 billion people, with no shortage of available ways to entertain oneself, including tens of thousands of books, movies, TV shows, and video games. 

Everything in the modern world is at one level or another, niche. Being "popular" can only be achieved with a list of caveats attached to it.

B-but... b-ut...

Lote GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

wasn't expecting Linde to sound like Neptune

They aren't the only ones, haha. VA's are reused like crazy in CS.

Edited by lightcosmo

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SF has the calculation, if only you bothered to look.:

Critical rate  = [(Skill + Luck) / 2] + Weapon Critical [ignore decimals]

There is no way to negate crit rates in this game it appears. Which is the thing that has probably bitten you.

Oh, jesus fucking christ, that's horrible. No wonder I've lost so many units to crits! And no wonder everyone save for a couple of units has godawful fortune and skill. It was by design, to avoid everyone being critting machines...!

Beside landing criticals, Luck is used for the Devil Sword & Axe curse: 21 - Luck = % chance of misfire. And Luck = Avoid against tomes. Those are its uses.

1% chance for Maji to die using the devil axe. And I just remembered it exists, because Gateau mentioned it as one of the things that could possibly contest Mediuth's might in his "you done goofed I can't make starlight for you" convo, which I checked thanks to the power of savestates.

...Hey, Daross! Looks like you're coming out of the bench for a day! Maji needs that axe you have!

Eyyy, my pal! My pal in... not knowing LotR.

Well, in my own defense, I'm about to change that by watching a playthrough of Lego LotR. So.

18 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I'm ready to roll

Ah, yes, bring that up, will you. It's always that with you all.

...Wait, who the hell is that?

Just don't buy the Amazon editions

Shelob Stings Frodo - The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King GIF |  Gfycat

Tolkien is not alive. Meaning I cannot support him by buying his books. Buying his books at this juncture would be the equivalent to buying old games from randos on the internet. Who benefits from it, really? Somebody who has done nothing but happen to own it.

What I'm getting at is, yar har ho, weigh anchor!

B-but... b-ut...

Lote GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Screw you Anakin, I have the high ground.

You can win against Garnef.

You just need Riff.

...Awwwww it's the godawful filler dragon map next. Yeaaah I don't think so. I'll see if I can warpskip it. I tend to do that in the DS remake too. it's just not a fun map, at this point of the game.

Okay, so the final chapter is insanely difficult.

Of course. Welp, I'll figure it out after dinner. I've come to far to falter now. I gotta beat FE1, goddamnit! Even if I have to rig Maji crits on that shitty mage dragon that's right before Mediuth. Seriously, Mars can't deal effective damage to it with the Falchion. I'm guessing it only massacres Mediuth in this game. How stupid is that...?

Let's see if the game can keep me interested this time

R0c76fvd o

I think I'll need to start a new game, fuck

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

❤️

reminds me a bit of Wada's artstyle

The artist knows how to mimic art styles

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZZG2NxVEAAVabj?format=jpg&name=large

Tsukihime when, Shrimpy? The remake will take 10 more years at least to be completed, you have to experience the original

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, yes, bring that up, will you. It's always that with you all.

You know who else is ready to roll?

https://i.redd.it/howzu7skwkp81.jpg

Good luck playing Gaiden

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Wait, who the hell is that?

Best girl❤️

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What I'm getting at is, yar har ho, weigh anchor!

That's right, Reuben. Don't give Amazon money, pirate it.

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, in my own defense, I'm about to change that by watching a playthrough of Lego LotR. So.

It reminded me that one day I got Lego Lotr on Steam for free.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so the final chapter is insanely difficult.

Of course. Welp, I'll figure it out after dinner. I've come to far to falter now. I gotta beat FE1, goddamnit! Even if I have to rig Maji crits on that shitty mage dragon that's right before Mediuth. Seriously, Mars can't deal effective damage to it with the Falchion. I'm guessing it only massacres Mediuth in this game. How stupid is that...?

Welcome to early 90's game design. I hope you have Tiki.

21 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZZG2NxVEAAVabj?format=jpg&name=large

oh wow

that's really really good

21 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Tsukihime when, Shrimpy? The remake will take 10 more years at least to be completed, you have to experience the original

I already experienced half of it tho

soon ™️

I will say tho, with the fantl being so fast i have hopes i might play the remake this decade, actually xD

OrR1dP9.png

HON HON HON! VICTOIRE POUR LA PÂTE DENTIFRICE!
Which, OK, is green in that screenshot, but that's just because I'm in peace deal menu.

I daresay that this is every Englishman's worst nightmare - the #2 and #3 powers on the continent now ruled by one king. Invading Britain is still quite the ordeal, since they get some disgusting bonuses to their naval combat.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

gMh1Cp8.png

Wait, did I miss something or is that old coot in the bottom center really not @Saint Rubenio's favourite character? Because he kinda looks like he would be.

35 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

You know who else is ready to roll?

https://i.redd.it/howzu7skwkp81.jpg

There she is. I must say, I'm almost surprised by how long it took for someone to bring her up.

Well, you know what? When Don Quijote's friends burned all of his knight novels, they saved a small number from the pyre because they were too good to be lost. 

That's right, I have made a literary metaphor. That means I am smart and therefore I win. Ergo, cry me a river.

Good luck playing Gaiden

Thanks.

Best girl

I highly doubt it.

That's right, Reuben. Don't give Amazon money, pirate it.

Don't call me that or I will give Amazon money.

Welcome to early 90's game design. I hope you have Tiki.

I do have her. In a godawful spot where I cannot warp her to Mediuth easily.

This may require some finesse.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

gMh1Cp8.png

game acting like ch6 is finale xD

I love this shot. It's so cool. There's very little reason for it when you think about it, but hey. Cool!

I always ruined it by having dead people tho lol

8 minutes ago, ping said:

Wait, did I miss something or is that old coot in the bottom center really not @Saint Rubenio's favourite character? Because he kinda looks like he would be.

That's Jonathan. He's absolutely amazing and has one of the top 3 lines in the entire game, make no mistake, but no. My favorite character is the dashing rogue in the hood. The one on the center right above the title. A protagonist position if I ever saw one, fitting for the main man of Karajan Saga.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's Jonathan. He's absolutely amazing and has one of the top 3 lines in the entire game, make no mistake, but no. My favorite character is the dashing rogue in the hood. The one on the center right above the title. A protagonist position if I ever saw one, fitting for the main man of Karajan Saga.

Yeah, I did recognise your boy :lol: Good to hear that the 'stache didn't lie, though.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

Let's see if the game can keep me interested this time

R0c76fvd o

I think I'll need to start a new game, fuck

3DS version? Oh boy, I cant imagine playing it on a handheld. Is it slow/laggy? Honestly curious how it runs, as i have no intentions of trying it myself.

46 minutes ago, ping said:

Yeah, I did recognise your boy :lol:

My boy the protagonist of Karajan Saga. He is a very powerful man and very humble too. Nobody has ever been as humble as he.

46 minutes ago, ping said:

Good to hear that the 'stache didn't lie, though.

Oh yeah, Jonathan's wonderful. Merlinus if Merlinus wasn't a senile dickhead, but rather a senile badass. He's great.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

@Saint Rubenio

VpWKMIU.png

is it ok to kill these guys with Slayne? Because they go all "I have a family don't kill me!!!"

Or is it some Kaga flavour text

It's Kaga flavor text. You know how Kaga loves to make generics sympathetic from time to time.

Maji saves the day. With only two rigged devil axe crits, he two-shot the mage dragon in front of Mediuth, even with the two reserve priests dicking around.

And with that, it is over. Fire Emblem 1, the game that started it all.

Impressions later, if I don't forget like I did with Live a Live lol