Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

XC3 end of Chapter 6:

Spoiler

"Your Majesty! Didn't you die?"

"Sadly, yes. But that Moebius goon wasn't ready or Gormotti."

It's nice to see that Nia is still Nia after all this time. I like how she woke up and thought "Oh yeah, I should be acting like a queen right now." I wasn't quite convinced that D actually killed her, healing powers are her specialty after all. And Drifting Soul oof my heart... it's funny how Drifting Soul basically overtook Elysium, in the Blue Sky as Xenoblade 2's main theme.

Speaking of which, it's fitting that the second-to-last chapter ends on a final rematch with Mr. Wild Ride. D emulated Metal Face in a good way, even using the same weapons, and we get enough of his backstory to get the gist of his character (i.e. he really likes killing and THE RED SUN OVER PARADISE). Joran gets to redeem himself and it's a nice resolution to the subplot involving him and the Keves crew. D incidentally dies while falling from a large height, also like Metal Face.

Since I have Miyabi and Serenoa Cammuravi now, there is only one hero left. Little Ethel is adorable but it seems we'll be able to age her back up... somehow. I actually scoured the City for a bit to see if there was a way to reawaken her beforehand, it turned out the quest to do so was Cammuravi's hero quest. When your eternal rival is reborn so you adopt her

I will start the final chapter tomorrow, I imagine there will be quite a large amount of stuff in it.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I will start the final chapter tomorrow, I imagine there will be quite a large amount of stuff in it.

Alright i strongly recommend you do all the Side Stories and Hero Quests (you can save the Ascensions for later) before you take on the final dungeon.

On that subject, she was the one I was totally going to pair up with Seteth in that fanfic idea I brought up. How she ended in Fodlan would just go unexplained, I did say it was going to be crack-ish, since, well, you know.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:
  Hide contents

"Your Majesty! Didn't you die?"

"Sadly, yes. But that Moebius goon wasn't ready or Gormotti."

It's nice to see that Nia is still Nia after all this time. I like how she woke up and thought "Oh yeah, I should be acting like a queen right now." I wasn't quite convinced that D actually killed her, healing powers are her specialty after all. And Drifting Soul oof my heart... it's funny how Drifting Soul basically overtook Elysium, in the Blue Sky as Xenoblade 2's main theme.

Speaking of which, it's fitting that the second-to-last chapter ends on a final rematch with Mr. Wild Ride. D emulated Metal Face in a good way, even using the same weapons, and we get enough of his backstory to get the gist of his character (i.e. he really likes killing and THE RED SUN OVER PARADISE). Joran gets to redeem himself and it's a nice resolution to the subplot involving him and the Keves crew. D incidentally dies while falling from a large height, also like Metal Face.

Since I have Miyabi and Serenoa Cammuravi now, there is only one hero left. Little Ethel is adorable but it seems we'll be able to age her back up... somehow. I actually scoured the City for a bit to see if there was a way to reawaken her beforehand, it turned out the quest to do so was Cammuravi's hero quest. When your eternal rival is reborn so you adopt her

ethel ascension spoiler

Spoiler

i actually laugh hard when doing ethel ascension because she enter the pod wearing  mass produced military clothes, then suddenly she wear silvercoat when exiting. like What the spark dude, that really ruined the moment for me lol

do all hero quest! because you will be rewarded (a little) in the end

shia-la-beouf-just-do-it.gif.4aaf11d83f5b3a5a0a26817b8070b2ad.gif

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

They're still there, in a way. They just got repurposed into the Topics.

nah, not just topic since its not voiced. H2H become every cutscene that involve camping, and some middle of the road cutscene

-------

and is it just me who stop doing chain attack in scripted fight starting from chapter 6 to final dungeon?

Edited by joevar

4 minutes ago, Sinon said:

Is this really the only active place here?

Basically, yes. Any previous chat thread in FftF or Forum Games has died out.

I would guess it's because most simply moved to the Discord.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Actually i think Prime Hunters might've made me a bit motion sick. Could've been due to the position i was playing in tho. I'll need to test it more.

19 minutes ago, joevar said:

nah, not just topic since its not voiced. H2H become every cutscene that involve camping, and some middle of the road cutscene

No i know i'm just saying that mechanically, Topics are the same as H2Hs. 

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Basically, yes. Any previous chat thread in FftF or Forum Games has died out.

I would guess it's because most simply moved to the Discord.

Doesn’t even look like there’s much activity outside of FftF either

20220822221914-1.jpg

Finally, a Culture Victory on Emperor! Persia, Oval map with a lowered sea level for some extra space. Four good city spots, including both Uluru and Old Faithful for a good One With Nature religion. I nabbed almost all of the culture-relevant wonders, there wasn't much competition and I developed a nice science lead by the midgame. Won both the World's Fair for over 700 culture, and the International Games for over 600 tourism, which unfortunately came well before I researched the Internet, I could've won a little sooner if I had spent for Great Musicians sooner, I only needed two of them, one accidentally spawned shortly before the Internet boost.

Not to say I won peacefully...

20220822144727-1.jpg

Thank you Shaka! Notre Dame and the Forbidden Palace mean the city paid for itself. He was amassing massive culture, and had a good set of wonders, so I had to ram him down with Artillery and an assortment of other units including Foreign Legions. Helped that he was bogged down in a war with our neighbor China (which I had bribed him into for a little sugar, that's all he wanted), and he was more concerned with conquering my distant city-state allies instead of his defending his own territory. Managed to avoid having the world turn against me, Shaka was generally hated, being the only one to pick Autocracy. I liberated two Iroquois cities (Hiawatha was doing unusually poorly for his usually excellent AI), resurrected America (but I kept Washington DC as a puppet for three more wonders and in case I pivoted to pure Domination), and I restored my conquered city-state, all of which kept me diplomatically well-liked. I didn't intend to wipe the Zulu off the map altogether, but the Iroquois and Mongolia swooped in like vultures, and along with China, ate the cities I would've been fine leaving Shaka alive with.

I considered going to war with China to seize another horde of wonders, including Chichen Itza, which pairs wonderfully with Persia's Golden Age spam. I didn't when my diplomat assigned to Mongolia showed Genghis was aiming to attack me. I shuffled some soldiers back to Ulundi, but not enough, I should've brought more, but my core cities were too busy with yet more tourism boosters. I also realized that the Civ5 AI excretes bombers like dysentery once they get access to them, it's nearly intolerable and demands a half-dozen fighters on interception all the time to mitigate, I made no progress at liberating a nearby city-state Genghis had taken and lost a couple precious units. I also learned that the AI is super-duper bad at naval warfare, who sends aircraft carriers all the way across the ocean without a single aircraft on board? Mongolia forgot the fate of their Japanese invasion. Surprisingly, nobody declared war on me despite my approaching cultural victory. Austria went Freedom like me and was extremely peaceful at the westernmost end of the world, the Iroquois were second-rate and I helped them too much, America had been eliminated, and Morocco died fairly early in the game against the Mongolian war machine. China went Order and should've declared war on me at some point, I thought they were considering it, but they never did, and their wonder-mongering competitiveness died off.

And with this success, I've had my fill of Civ for a long while.😄 My gaming laptop can get back to Ys Seven now or other things. I've been playing a side of Kirby too, done with the desert world.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Booted up Prime Hunters for the first time. Bro i had to turn that aiming sensitivity practically all the way down, it was way too sensitive.

Hopefully it's not too bad, even without its most acclaimed feature -online multiplayer- no longer usable.

Okay, only did one dungeon today. Well, technically two, and I finally finished the Kagrumez gauntlet after getting the last resonance stone at Fahlbtharz. With that done, I'll finally head to the northwest quadrant, but that's for next time.

37 minutes ago, Sinon said:

Doesn’t even look like there’s much activity outside of FftF either

I guess it's just the lul between mainline game announcement/releases. That or, again, most activity just migrated to the Discord.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, only did one dungeon today. Well, technically two, and I finally finished the Kagrumez gauntlet after getting the last resonance stone at Fahlbtharz. With that done, I'll finally head to the northwest quadrant, but that's for next time.

I guess it's just the lul between mainline game announcement/releases. That or, again, most activity just migrated to the Discord.

Probably. I don’t often use Discord much anymore, so I guess maybe it’s not my time

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hopefully it's not too bad, even without its most acclaimed feature -online multiplayer- no longer usable.

For the most part, at least for now, it seems to have translated Prime into handheld well. Shit's way more linear but I'd imagine the thought process was "eh we could do this for a multiplayer-based handheld game".

That said, Prime's three-dimensional map really does not work here.

7 hours ago, Sinon said:

Read the title and immediately got flashbacks to the desert area just before Little Fungitown

Hello there!

6 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

curing Amnesia changes hair color?

She went super saiyan.

5 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

CagCrcW.png

Memes

A complete liberty, but I'd be lying if I said it upsets me.

o9Q7Xok.png

A dragohealer Est eh?

Interesting

She'd be a lot more fun if she had availability. As it is...

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

A man after Genny's heart.

You son of a--

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

availability

speaking about that, i just learned thank Tankorrte and MVPlayne leave at ch20..

I wish i knew that earlier so i wouldn't give em some skills lol

Btw, i get another Ballista user after Slayn leaves or nah?

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

speaking about that, i just learned thank Tankorrte and MVPlayne leave at ch20..

I wish i knew that earlier so i wouldn't give em some skills lol

Btw, i get another Ballista user after Slayn leaves or nah?

Nope but if Accorte is dead he won't leave lololololol

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nope

Time to go all out with the 30 remaining Ballista uses i have then and to not buy new ones xD

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but if Accorte is dead he won't leave lololololol

The friendzoners together xD

Gotta say tho

gLJcUDv.png

Bennette is like the most fun "Lord" Kaga created yet

> A Dual Archer

> Healer

> Good skill set and very good support skills

> Big number of Bonds

> Light infantry movement

> Doesn't get Kaga'd

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

16 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Doesn't get Kaga'd

Now that you've said this, she will be found in chains in a dungeon in VS3 and you have to save her to recruit her.