Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Bones as in what they are, or the whole thing about looking at a bunch of skeletons and not able to tell their bodies were different? Because even then not all skeletons are the same, actually. You can make the argument in reverse. Sometimes people are born with cervical ribs, but that's not something that would be noticed upon seeing a live body, thus not really relevant in the grand scheme of things so you shouldn't make a fuzz over it.

I was using bones in a more metaphorical sense.

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Those are two wholly different matters... and it's true that people that make fiction try to use it as a false-equivalence. The whole point is that White people and Black people are really no different (well, unless you care too much about UV Light protection and rate of Vitamin D absorption through skin)... but there is an actual tangible difference in the other situation. We see this in lots of stuff. X-Men Mutants, Laguz and Manaketes in Fire Emblem, Benders in Avatar. They all are used as allegories for racism, when it really shouldn't. It doesn't really work for that.

It's one of the many difficulties that come out from making another hyper-intelligence species. Concepts like Elves and Dragons always fascinated me because from a mental stand-point, they are the exact same as humans, they just have crazy physical abilities like long life and fire breathing. It's the whole point to the stance against racism, that our brains all work the same way. All humans can have empathy, can be selfish, can create, can destroy.

And while we did have more human species in ancient pre-history, it's not like any of them lived to be a thousand or could turn into massive fireball shooting lizards.

The extent of physical differences here in the real world, at the top of my hand are that a lot of people in east Asia don't have sweat glans in their armpits.

Which, as you could guess, is barely relevant to anything other than a cool fun-fact.

Fictional races seem to both give and take away from the idea of racial equality. On one hand they usually put some effort into giving the message that they should treat each as equals and respect one-another, while on the other hand it puts me in mind of a conservative person who looks at trans-people from face value and says stupid stuff like "Well what if I said I wanted to become a elephant, would you accept that?" as if the difference between a man and a woman is the same difference between a seagull and a fish.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Flames for the thread, basically.

...you're right, I should be more careful.

Yep, I too have to deal with this for the next 60 days.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

32 minutes ago, Sinon said:

So someone remind me. If you add funds to eShop on 3DS, does it also go to your funds on Wii U? Or does it just go to that one system?

As long as the accounts are the same, it should be on both systems.

Three Houses questions: if a character can reclass into the next level but has yet to master the class they are currently in, should I wait until they have mastered that class until reclassing them? Similar to how seals in Fates/Awakening should only be used after all skills have been learned?

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Three Houses questions: if a character can reclass into the next level but has yet to master the class they are currently in, should I wait until they have mastered that class until reclassing them? Similar to how seals in Fates/Awakening should only be used after all skills have been learned?

mastering a class makes the character learns an equipable skill. Some classes have really really good learnable skills

10 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

mastering a class makes the character learns an equipable skill. Some classes have really really good learnable skills

Mhm, so I should learn those skills before moving on, aye?

And does unit level cap at 20?

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Mhm, so I should learn those skills before moving on, aye?

depends on class/skill honestly. Maybe check somewhere online which classes give what skills.

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/classes/class-abilities-arts/

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

And does unit level cap at 20?

There's no level cap, but you will probably finish the game at 40 or so

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

♫ Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
Been a long time gone, oh Constantinople
Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks 

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

♫ Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
Been a long time gone, oh Constantinople
Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks 

For anyone that forgot my CK2 playthrough, I inherited those lands, I didn't actually took them on my own. lol

Due to the Exclave Rules I set up, I lost them when the ruler at the time died. The one type of Gavelkind I could never part with, hahaha. Smh, took centuries to install Absolute Cognative Primogeniture.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

20220825152257-1.jpg20220826082339-1.jpg

*Cough!*😮

...Okay, time to check Wikipedia for definitions....

"Rubedo is a Latin word meaning "redness" that was adopted by alchemists to define the fourth and final major stage in their magnum opus.[1] Both gold and the philosopher's stone were associated with the color red, as rubedo signaled alchemical success, and the end of the great work.[2] Rubedo is also known by the Greek word iosis.

The three alchemical stages preceding rubedo were nigredo (blackness), which represented putrefaction and spiritual death; albedo (whiteness), which represented purification; and citrinitas (yellowness), the solar dawn or awakening.[3] Some sources describe the alchemical process as three-phased with citrinitas serving as mere extension and takes place between albedo and rubedo.[4] The rubedo stage entails the attempt of the alchemist to integrate the psychospiritual outcomes of the process into a coherent sense of self before its re-entry to the world.[5] The stage can take some time or years to complete due to the required synthesis and substantiation of insights and experiences.[5]"

Coincidence then. I was not expecting a slow-paced Mars colony-building simulator to reference XS, at all. Considering the XS chars were lab creations, getting their names from the process that creates the magic material that transmutes things to gold and gives you immortality makes some sense. I hadn't actually considered if their names had any special meaning before, so, thanks not-XS game?

With the mystery of the map completed, I'll play something else now and get to rushing the Mohole Mine and terraforming Mars later. Surviving Mars is sloooow.

10 hours ago, Sinon said:

I envy you. You should probably get it then. I haven’t checked, but I doubt mine has enough to download the extra packs, but I have until next year if I can get the disk back

I hardly have any digital games on Wii U (only Tropcial Freeze), so this is why I have plenty of storage left.

Most games are VC games which do not take much space.

Okay, finished more sidequests. Once I did all I could, I finally advanced the main questline. Now it's time for the final battle with Miraak... or, I can do more sidequests! Neloth's quests to seek out more Black Books has unlocked, so I'll do that before finally going after Miraak. But that's for next time.

Speaking of Miraak, he's still standing there MENACINGLY near the Bend Will dragon wall. I guess since the script never ran it won't despawn him. I wonder what will happen once I kill him... well, I'll soon find out. Also, funny story, the dragon wall is near a cliff edge. Some time later I was walking across the beach under that cliff wall... when suddenly the corpse of the dragon just landed down. It actually startled me. lol What pushed it off the cliff I don't know... but I wonder...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Next DLC of EU4 drops the 13th of September... I wonder which will be the last. No signs of EU5, huh, heh...

Missing the opportunity to end with a DLC centred around (the fair and balanced, NOT overpowered) Sweden. But I guess the ULTIMATE BUNDLE hasn't even reached 400€ in price yet, so there must be at least half a dozen more DLCs so that it can get to a nice, tidy 500€.