• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Huh.

Kinda surprised ngl

Enjoy!

Yeah despite the uh.....feelings i have towards Persona 5, i do enjoy the actual dungeon and combat aspect of the Atlus RPGs i have played (those being TMS and P5). So i figured i'd give it another go.

Not tonight tho.

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Nerf the STR cap to hell for example so they act purely as debuffers then. Will give em a few extra weapons just with status effects then, and a weapon effective against mages so they son't lose their anti mage properties.

That sounds like a good idea! 

What about things like inherit crit avo - as a negative? Would you consider using those at all?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG20220902203006.jpg

Financial Aid refund+weekly paycheck is a true combo.

Hopefully it's worth your time. The reviews suggest it's nothing particularly amazing, but then, I suppose that when you've been on a sacred mountain of a JRPG for the past month or so, that everything else will look like a valley.

I might pick it up for PC at some point, just not now.

Don't feel the slight bit compelled to go back to the first Soul Hackers, it should be entirely irrelevant. And even if it isn't, I can assure you, the game from 1997 is a little dated by modern standards, that I can personally attest to. Though it is possibly one of the best, and like the very last, of Classic SMT. After 1997, Atlus for some reason stopped making new Shin Megami Tensei entries until 2003 (well 2002, but Nine being Xbox exclusive was a flop), when SMTIII: Nocturne invented Modern SMT.

1 hour ago, Punished06 said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/919363080205500428/1015329289866059776/IMG_20220902_153554_733.jpg

Cursed, but not in a bad way. Guys obsessed with melons stare with lust at the chest, then they get a look at the face and 🤮. It'd be a cruel, if effective joke.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The reviews suggest it's nothing particularly amazing, but then, I suppose that when you've been on a sacred mountain of a JRPG for the past month or so, that everything else will look like a valley.

Oh yeah, Xenoblade 3 is like the new bar now. Especially on the characters front, i've simply accepted that no other game ever is gonna top Xenoblade 3's party for me. Hell i don't even know if other Xeno games in the future will, like this particular aspect of the game feels like the stars aligned just right.

10 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Alongside playing Three Houses, I'm also playing a little bit of Birthright on the side on hard classic mode, my first time trying the two modes. It's a nice challenge for an FE baby like me.

What!? You're telling me you had been playing in casual mode all this time? Didn't you know the most fun in FE is redoing 30 minutes of progress because you failed a dice roll?!

Anyway, use Setsuna and generics. Fuck Ryoma. Birthright is better without Ryoma.

Phantasy Star online 2 for PS4 dropped. Here's the female character preset

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/919363080205500428/1015328888076902430/IMG_20220902_153320_824.jpg

Why is the character preset the one girl from Xenosword? Copyright much?

And here's what Ruben wants

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/919363080205500428/1015329289866059776/IMG_20220902_153554_733.jpg

They let you do that? This game is awesome.

Also, yes.

But can it run Sega Saturn games like Mednafen?

I don't think so, but that's another matter entirely. If you're looking for a PS1 emulator specifically, Duckstation is the better option at this point.

Ryoma's chapter is the true ninja hell

Kotaro can't compare

Yeah, I've never found Kotaro to be all that. It's a bit tedious with all the narrow corridors, but a decent tank, especially one with axes, demolishes the competition. The game even hands you one two chapters earlier. Gunter works wonders here. Kotaro is really the bad part, that boss is bullshit. Ryoma on the other hand is hellishly difficult if you're not going for a Ryoma kill, and Kitsune is just horrible design all around.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

four active members now and one being myself

this forum really had a downfall since I have been here in 2014

and honestly I am not even sure if I will fulfill my ten years since I have very little motivation to come here anymore, and this is not only because most of the people I learned to know left 

all the Fire Emblem sections are so deserted nowadays, there is so little reason to come here anymore

Edited by Eunie

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

What about things like inherit crit avo - as a negative? Would you consider using those at all?

Hmm, i would definetly use stuff like that to give some drawbacks to the stronger shurikens/daggers, but maybe not crit avo itself. -Avo, -Def/Res, etc more likely.

26 minutes ago, Eunie said:

all the Fire Emblem sections are so deserted nowadays

we need a new FE announcement

5 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Hmm, i would definetly use stuff like that to give some drawbacks to the stronger shurikens/daggers, but maybe not crit avo itself. -Avo, -Def/Res, etc more likely.

That was just an example.

One thing i don't get is: Nohrian weapons are usually similar to standard FE in terms of how weapons operate, so why are Daggers gimmicked? Shouldn't they be like RD Knives?

15 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Gimmicked in what way? You mean the debuffs they apply on hit?

Yeah, why not just act as normal 1-2 range weapons like standard FE?

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, why not just act as normal 1-2 range weapons like standard FE?

Because debuffs are integral to Fates gameplay, and they are the shuriken counterpart.

Without debuffs ninjas would be just weak 1-2 range units, and boring.

I actually like the debuffs, and how they can stop juggernauts with it.

I just don't like how long they last, and how hidden weapons have a monopoly at physical 1-2 range weapons

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Because debuffs are integral to Fates gameplay, and they are the shuriken counterpart.

Without debuffs ninjas would be just weak 1-2 range units, and boring.

I actually like the debuffs, and how they can stop juggernauts with it.

I just don't like how long they last, and how hidden weapons have a monopoly at physical 1-2 range weapons

That's what Shruikens would exist for, and Daggers would fulfill another role to make them different.

you may not like the that way, but you can't change it, so you need to plan around it.

I personally don't like the debuffing idea as it feels like one of those things that either wont make a difference if too low numbers, or obviously far too powerful at high numbers, no medium which to me says bad balance/game design.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's what Shruikens would exist for, and Daggers would fulfill another role to make them different.

Thing is, if you do that, Nohr has no debuff weapons anymore, as Shuriken are (mostly) hoshido exclusive

Just now, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Thing is, if you do that, Nohr has no debuff weapons anymore, as Shuriken are (mostly) hoshido exclusive

Is there some sorta law saying you can't add them?

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is there some sorta law saying you can't add them?

Well, nah, but ya know, games aesthetics and stuff, and shuriken fitting with Hoshido and now with evil yurop xD

However that was also one of the ideas i had, seperate daggers and shurikens and make both available to both, and change how each works.

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

1 hour ago, Eunie said:

and honestly I am not even sure if I will fulfill my ten years since I have very little motivation to come here anymore, and this is not only because most of the people I learned to know left 

all the Fire Emblem sections are so deserted nowadays, there is so little reason to come here anymore

Far as I can tell, a lot of people have moved to discord servers. The Serenes discord seems to have a good amount of activity. I guess this forum format has just gone out of fashion. And heck, this one's pretty lively compared to most others. FftF is quite active. Most forums in this style nowadays are just plain done, completely and utterly.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Well, nah, but ya know, games aesthetics and stuff, and shuriken fitting with Hoshido and now with evil yurop xD

However that was also one of the ideas i had, seperate daggers and shurikens and make both available to both, and change how each works.

Well they already give you a Katana (Selena drops it i think?) so the whole "Nohrians can only use Nohrian weapons!" is debunked by the devs.

1 hour ago, Eunie said:

Sad, but kinda true, even I have seen things quiet down here in my almost 5 years here, and I am sure the people you came to know back in the day, where before my time here. Although I still come here to make screen-shot LPs, or engage in the tiny handful of discussions/questions that do come up now and again, so I have been sticking around. Plus activity does buzz a little when there is some news of new games, and should a new game actually come to exist, it will probably buzz back to life for a little while, so who knows.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Far as I can tell, a lot of people have moved to discord servers. The Serenes discord seems to have a good amount of activity. I guess this forum format has just gone out of fashion. And heck, this one's pretty lively compared to most others.

Honestly, I find it to be a frustrating development in the general sense, as forums like this are far easier to search for obscure information, so seeing that talk move to discord almost ensures it can not be found when needed, and leads to its inevitable loss in the future...

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well they already give you a Katana (Selena drops it i think?) so the whole "Nohrians can only use Nohrian weapons!" is debunked by the devs.

There's a difference between dropable weapons and readily available from shops.

It was never "they can only use x", but how easily you can get weapon

15 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

There's a difference between dropable weapons and readily available from shops.

It was never "they can only use x", but how easily you can get weapon

Then just make them droppable? If you give Conquest say: three Shruiken, it wouldn't be over saturation and the option for debuffing would be scarce but powerful.