Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Far as I can tell, a lot of people have moved to discord servers. The Serenes discord seems to have a good amount of activity. I guess this forum format has just gone out of fashion. And heck, this one's pretty lively compared to most others. FftF is quite active. Most forums in this style nowadays are just plain done, completely and utterly.

A shame, as I've said before, the Discord format doesn't suit me. Discord is talking through typing, forums are writing through typing. Many people enjoy chatting in quick bursts of text and can jot down their thoughts in a instant, keeping up with the flow of conversation so that they aren't dragging up things that are sooooooooooo three minutes ago. I cannot do that. I write long, and I type slowly, proofreading, adjusting, and adding or subtracting to my posts along the way. Discord is no good for quoting people either.

I need this forum to stay alive too, without it, my social life is nada zero zilch.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Then just make them droppable? If you give Conquest say: three Shruiken, it wouldn't be over saturation and the option for debuffing would be scarce but powerful.

Hmm

That would still be too low, and prune to the player missing the drops somehow.

I do get where you're coming from tho.

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Hmm

That would still be too low, and prune to the player missing the drops somehow.

I do get where you're coming from tho.

Well you could move the enemy units a bit so (X) dropped item is in a reasonable yet still challenging place to go and get.

Time for ninja helll

Why ;_;

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well you could move the enemy units a bit so (X) dropped item is in a reasonable yet still challenging place to go and get.

Eh, i'd leave that for some moderatly strong stuff. Like the Flame Shuriken for example, which you can get by defeating Saizo in Potaclypse

2 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Eh, i'd leave that for some moderatly strong stuff. Like the Flame Shuriken for example, which you can get by defeating Saizo in Potaclypse

Yeah, again it was an example, not everything needs to require serious strategy to obtain or invest in.

Look guys look, I did a funny.

PRGyla5U_o.png

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Honestly, I find it to be a frustrating development in the general sense, as forums like this are far easier to search for obscure information, so seeing that talk move to discord almost ensures it can not be found when needed, and leads to its inevitable loss in the future...

Yes, I agree. Searches in discord can be done, but you can still really tell it's meant to be first and foremost a chat. Doesn't lend itself well to longer texts.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A shame, as I've said before, the Discord format doesn't suit me. Discord is talking through typing, forums are writing through typing. Many people enjoy chatting in quick bursts of text and can jot down their thoughts in a instant, keeping up with the flow of conversation so that they aren't dragging up things that are sooooooooooo three minutes ago. I cannot do that. I write long, and I type slowly, proofreading, adjusting, and adding or subtracting to my posts along the way. Discord is no good for quoting people either.

I need this forum to stay alive too, without it, my social life is nada zero zilch.

Ehhh it's probably seen better days, but FftF is doing okay, I think.

2 hours ago, Eunie said:

all the Fire Emblem sections are so deserted nowadays, there is so little reason to come here anymore

Such is the fate of forums specifically dedicated to one franchise.

Imagine the Donkey Kong forums, which do actually exist.

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

we need a new FE announcement

We need a divisive one so that SF becomes funny again.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehhh it's probably seen better days, but FftF is doing okay, I think.

FftF is like the only place that doesn't have to conform to any specific rules so it's fine.

LUMINARY UPPERCUT

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We need a divisive one so that SF becomes funny again.

Fire Emblem Fates 2 LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now with harder gameplay (that makes Conquest Luna look like ez modo), more fanservice, and 3 countries each with their classes and routes!

Corn also makes a comeback somehow!

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I feel the same way about about my preference with forum writing, vs discord writing. The ability to quote is useful, and underappreciated a lot of the time, and I can be slow to respond via text at time (and like to confirm, and reference things I might mention, or comment upon, etc.). Honestly, this thread often moves faster than I feel comfortable responding to, so I can be quiet on here at times.

About the only thing I use discord for is playing Table Top RPGs remotely, and there it is mostly voice chat, and not text (and I remember we used Skype for that purpose for a little while...)

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Each sold separately. 

And each own games in their own right with different maps and playstyles, and a route costs only 20€ if you own one already...

but people will then remember the good old 3 Houses days where you got all in one catridge and forget they are all the same gameplay wise

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

Why does XC2 have VA work for so much shit they didn't use? like, why have Pyra/Mythra have voice work for all blade arts if they are only set with two? 

Were they considering allowing you to switch blade arts or something? Would it have been an Aegis special or would they have allowed any blade to swap on a whim?

Also, hearing the VA work (all of it, not just in game stuff) I for sure feel they wanted Pyra and Rex to be able to switch places but backed out on it. A shame, really.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Far as I can tell, a lot of people have moved to discord servers. The Serenes discord seems to have a good amount of activity. I guess this forum format has just gone out of fashion. And heck, this one's pretty lively compared to most others. FftF is quite active. Most forums in this style nowadays are just plain done, completely and utterly.

I see

I am not a Discord person myself, so I prefer(red) to be here

a new Fire Emblem announcement would surely increase the amount of people here, but it would only apply to the section of the new game

anyways latest Xenoblade moment:

I knew about this thing by a video about Eunie, but honestly this game is really glitchy overall 

would have preferred if allies are not shown on the overworld even if a glitch like that looks funny

however I sensed more annoying glitches like somehow passing through beneath a stairs next to a wall but not being able to get back => had to reset for that

aside of these issues the game is still epic

1 minute ago, Eunie said:

I knew about this thing by a video about Eunie, but honestly this game is really glitchy overall 

would have preferred if allies are not shown on the overworld even if a glitch like that looks funny

however I sensed more annoying glitches like somehow passing through beneath a stairs next to a wall but not being able to get back => had to reset for that

Yeah i can agree with this, the game does have alot of issues.

I can understand what you mean, but them following you adds to the "family" impression they want to give.

They really didn't test everything as well as they should have imo.

oh yes, having all allies on the overworld with all the conversations makes everything way more lively

I mean aside of this kinda unprofessional look, this glitch does not matter

it only can become a gameplay problem when fighting a strong enemy on an edge and party member fell down just before the fight and start with a big HP handicap

52 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why does XC2 have VA work for so much shit they didn't use? like, why have Pyra/Mythra have voice work for all blade arts if they are only set with two?

It's common for VAs to voice things that don't end up being used.

Like in Xenoblade 1, there is post-battle dialogue between Melia and Dickson.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Honestly, this thread often moves faster than I feel comfortable responding to, so I can be quiet on here at times.

Sometimes I do consider whether a zesty post is too old to respond to after being absent for a few hours during which a lot of activity happened. But it doesn't really matter and nobody minds, so don't.😃

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

There are several in XCX, including shouts for Air Slash and Full Burst, arts that don't exist (possibly knife and assault rifle respectively, if so, then maybe obtained in Drifter). And there is... XCX SPOILERS!

Spoiler

Lao and Celica having post-battle dialogue. Celica can't join until Lao is no longer playable. It's entirely imaginable her recruitment mission was going to be available sooner at some point. The dialogue itself is very ordinary.:

Celica - "Lao, Rock tells me he enjoyed watching you at target practice."

Lao - "Really? I'm nothing special, but he's welcome to swing by again."

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Reminds me of something I find amusing.

Like, the Spyro PSX trilogy had its standard share of unused dialogue that was nonetheless voiced. Come the Reignited Trilogy, the dialogue was rerecorded... but still goes unused. Like, were there plans that got scrapped, or they just revoiced everything without checking if it was used in-game? Still, it's kinda funny, heh.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah i know they yell when an ally dies as well which was unsed cause the devs thought it was too "annoying".

You’ll are a bad influence on me. All this talk of video games and I once again beat another two, The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. Crucify me if you must, but I like The Adventure of Link more then the original.

19 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

You’ll are a bad influence on me. All this talk of video games and I once again beat another two, The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. Crucify me if you must, but I like The Adventure of Link more then the original.

The Adventure of Link isnt -bad- just some gameplay decisions and poor controls hurt it a bit.

56 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Now play Neptunia