Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I just realized, what's going to happen to divine pulses? Is it going to be like Fates with children where it was a cool in lore mechanic in the previous game but now that they try to add it to this one it just makes no goddamn sense?

You mean, like it happened with Three Houses? The mechanic originated in Echoes.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Now we just need her to play GTA.

Ah, yes. Alear saying the word.

7 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Tragedy, Runan's Sonnet:

Hide contents

Norton.

Levelled.

Spd.

Oh and Caanan and Reeve are allies, Kate stalked Zeig to her endangerment and Guenchaos has all the maidens within reach, but who cares, Speedy Norton lives!

Having the reach and then survive objective is nice and all, especially with a threat like Rachis, but the issue with difficulty ended up being I could keep her at bay with Mousa just standing there, they were busy doing nothing to each other and that gave me enough with the troops I had to get away with no issues.

Regardless, next is a map that's probably going to frustrate me.

Norton has defeated the virus that kept him from levelling speed. Good Norton!

Also, can I just say I love all the different interpretations of the TRS initials? It's great.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Dayni coming up with several different ways to make the TRS abbreviation make sense

tinkering-tony-stark.gif

Several make more sense than the OG title, even. Like, I get there's plot important rings and plot important tears, but that doesn't mean TF2 should've been called Hatshoot Fortress lol

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

vZdumAb.png

How the hell is the remake of this game shorter than the original, that's fucked up.

QoL. Skipping enemy phases, skipping combat, highlighting enemy ranges, this all originated in Shadow Dragon.

OG was... very slow.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Yubello and Miranda were hard to find good images of but everything else is solid.

Miranda does have official artwork. Yubello has this.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Norton has defeated the virus that kept him from levelling speed. Good Norton!

Spoiler

Almost as fast as Wyvern Raffin too, well minus the potion I gave Raffin.

37 is going to be not fun from what I can see. I tried and Mintz was immediately taken out.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, can I just say I love all the different interpretations of the TRS initials? It's great.

Just a way to delineate I'm on about TRS.

That last one though could have been much, considering it's both serious and also kinda punning on someone too.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Several make more sense than the OG title, even. Like, I get there's plot important rings and plot important tears, but that doesn't mean TF2 should've been called Hatshoot Fortress lol

Spoiler

Shit, I forget where the tears are.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

QoL. Skipping enemy phases, skipping combat, highlighting enemy ranges, this all originated in Shadow Dragon.

Thanks SD.

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

The game's not got NES text crawl, trading actually functions, enemies move with a pace that's faster than a tortoise, combat animations aren't dipped in a bog, selecting player characters doesn't remind me of a queue......

I would think it marginally faster than this at least, right?:

Even if this were translated, it'd be basically unplayable to me. Super Famicom Wars is dated yet tolerable though + Artillery Trains.

3 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Thanks!

I ate Carrot Cake, was delicious, as always xD

Ah yes, the muffin pretending to be a cake!

Feel free to eat the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. I see nothing wrong with 🥕cake to start off your day.🌅

Tempestuous River Shrine

Spoiler

WHY does moving to the save chest activate the DRACOZOMBIES TO FLY RIGHT AT ME?

FUCK ME RIGHT?

Aside from that, so long as the witches don't kill anyone I should be fine.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I would think it marginally faster than this at least, right?:

Probably fair to say looking at that footage, but I think we can emphasise marginal here.

Both games have that presence of the AI having the cursor moving around taking actions don't they?

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Even if this were translated, it'd be basically unplayable to me. Super Famicom Wars is dated yet tolerable though + Artillery Trains.

To be fair, it's video footage from the most cursed of AW maps, the one where you get stuck in the middle for decades.

The lack of trains in AW is a surprising disappointment. You'd think with their uses throughout military history that we could see them used again, but I guess IS doesn't want to deal with the rigid lines that trains require or the scandal of someone damaging the trainline killing dozens of people the next time one rolls down the track only to stop.

35 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dare i ask what this even means? XD

So uh, there's several Vtubers who played GTA on stream and in the game, one of the characters says the N-word. The Vtubers, being Japanese, don't actually understand what the word means so they repeat it cause they thought it was funny, blissfully unaware of the meaning.

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

FUCK ME RIGHT?

Ah the funny map.

Idk what i even did in that situation.

Screenshot_67.png?width=1104&height=618

?????????????????????????

Hilda what are you talking about? The only thing in your inventory is your axe.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I know it refers to the Roman Goddess (as in, Iustitia)... but still seeing Justitia bothers me because my mind tries to see Justicia instead, haha.

TFW I thought it was supposed to be an alternate spelling of Justicia.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah the funny map.

Idk what i even did in that situation.

I certainly will deal with all the summons before them, then get to the sword.

Least the strongest dragon doesn't move...... yet.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

TFW I thought it was supposed to be an alternate spelling of Justicia.

Evolved from it, yes, it's how we got the word in the Latin languages after all.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_67.png?width=1104&height=618

?????????????????????????

Hilda what are you talking about? The only thing in your inventory is your axe.

Ok so i was supposed to make Hilda talk to Slayne.

Ok then.

Oh God

Wait, they're doing a direct for it? Oh no.

Mario's clothes are super creased. Looks like it's also going to stay in the Mushroom Kingdom as well.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't you dare.

It's why he played the Ocarina of Time.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't you dare.

Yea i'm gonna recruit him.

After i get Zade's slow-ass all the way up there.

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

Mario's clothes are super creased.

It looks like a costume. Chris Pratt is underneath.

8 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

FUCK ME RIGHT?

Leonie was dodgy enough that the best of the Dracozombies had like a 2-3% hit rate on her. Since their breath allows friendly fire, almost all except the one killed each other from halitosis, those that weren't died of her arrows. This did mean she spent the entire map on baiting duty, but I was fine.

12 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

To be fair, it's video footage from the most cursed of AW maps, the one where you get stuck in the middle for decades.

-Against human players, especially with FoW. The AI is always manageable.

14 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

The lack of trains in AW is a surprising disappointment. You'd think with their uses throughout military history that we could see them used again, but I guess IS doesn't want to deal with the rigid lines that trains require

AWDS_Duo_Falls_Map.png

You see the long continuous road on this AW map (Duo Falls)? In the Super Famicom Wars version, it was all railroad. Several maps underwent this rail-to-road conversion damn Advance Wars for favoring private commuting over public transport.:

102-Kita-Straight.png

This AW War Room map (Kita Straight) is an example of asymmetrical rail design. SFW gives Orange Star rails instead of roads, but Blue Moon's roads are still just roads.

Rails are no issue for infantry to cross, cost 2 move for treads, and a very immobilizing 4 for tires. So they do slow things down, but not too much.

Although, the amount of slowdown also depends on the map (Continue reading below and come back to this afterwards.).:

Spoiler

092%20-%20Traitor%20River.png

Traitor River.

That road to the left was still a road in SFW, but the square of roads in the middle connected in the corners by factories? That was all rail and train stations instead of the factories. As this map doesn't have air units, I never managed to finish my battle here because of a how much a slog it was, the rails make the looooong chokepoints even chokier and the Artillery Trains make them deadlier.

Artillery Trains are made for these railroads. They can only deploy from train stations, and cost 30000 funds, however, you can only ever own one at any given time. You're given 30k of extra funds as a single-time lump sum on the first turn of a map if you own a station, letting you buy one right away while telling you not to ever let it be destroyed.

The Artillery Train is functionally similar combat-wise to the Piperunner of Dual Strike, but less of a hinderance to feature since their necessary terrain can be crossed by other units. Artillery Trains have 2-8 range cannons that devastate all land and non-submarine naval units, plus weak machine guns for range 1 combat (battleships also have almost-useless have 1 range machine guns in SFW that only work on land units).

Furthermore, the Artillery Train can store and transport 2 land units at once across the map. Given their 15 move, size of maps with railroads, and the centrality of those rails, the Artillery Train as a mover of manpower is very important.

From my experiences with Super Famicom Wars, the Artillery Train is a neat idea, if perhaps a bit handicapped.:

• It is good at deterrence with its massive range and firepower
    • ...but you can just as likely be relegating it to getting your tanks and infantry to the front.
  • Since...
    • They cost so much...
    • Can only be fielded one at a time...
    • And take significant damage from tanks and aircraft (which they have no defenses against)...
  • ...You really want to keep the Artillery Train from being attacked.
    • As a result of their convoy purposes and fragility, they don't see as much combat as they're deadly capable of. 
  • Another key issue I think is making Artillery Trains part of the map design...
    • ...without them being overemphasized and worsening the map for all your other units and your overall fun because of it.

Oh God

Many a poor soul shall jokingly cry atheist by the time the time the unholy horrors are over.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So uh, there's several Vtubers who played GTA on stream and in the game, one of the characters says the N-word. The Vtubers, being Japanese, don't actually understand what the word means so they repeat it cause they thought it was funny, blissfully unaware of the meaning.

I regret asking then. 

Trouble Retrieving Swords:

Spoiler

I have come to hate the golems in this game.

Why are they so fast?

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It looks like a costume. Chris Pratt is underneath.

The secret is that they put Pratt in the game after Mario died.

That's it, that's the movie.

28 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

The one where Mario feels like he could be Luigi's father

"This ain't no game" Well least that's true.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Leonie was dodgy enough that the best of the Dracozombies had like a 2-3% hit rate on her. Since their breath allows friendly fire, almost all except the one killed each other from halitosis, those that weren't died of her arrows. This did mean she spent the entire map on baiting duty, but I was fine.

Mine got hit in that failed attempt, she was nearly dead.

Me forgetting they pierce defence, I thought I could tank them with Dolharken and it failed hard.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

AWDS_Duo_Falls_Map.png

You see the long continuous road on this AW map (Duo Falls)? In the Super Famicom Wars version, it was all railroad. Several maps underwent this rail-to-road conversion damn Advance Wars for favoring private commuting over public transport.:

The GBA couldn't handle an island of trains

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From my experiences with Super Famicom Wars, the Artillery Train is a neat idea, if perhaps a bit handicapped.:

• It is good at deterrence with its massive range and firepower
    • ...but you can just as likely be relegating it to getting your tanks and infantry to the front.
  • Since...
    • They cost so much...
    • Can only be fielded one at a time...
    • And take significant damage from tanks and aircraft (which they have no defenses against)...
  • ...You really want to keep the Artillery Train from being attacked.
    • As a result of their convoy purposes and fragility, they don't see as much combat as they're deadly capable of. 
  • Another key issue I think is making Artillery Trains part of the map design...
    • ...without them being overemphasized and worsening the map for all your other units and your overall fun because of it.

I still think that with these limits there's a lot of potential to trains in warfare. Train gunners as AA potential or to deal with recons and infantry, Long artillery for bombing entrenched locations that you have to fight to protect on and off the track,

Surprised they let a transport attack too.

16 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Time for the best FE maps ever created.

Honestly exhausting to me, no matter their quality.