Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

18 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Takumi is the one that can get exhausting due to how long it is, but Sakura and Hinoka i usually sub 10 turns for me

Also it's exhausting in a good way imo

I mean, Hinoka's I end up taking more than that on Hard and with the party I have on Lunatic I am not feeling confident.

Not begrudging your enjoyment, just don't quite match that experience.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Leonie was dodgy enough that the best of the Dracozombies had like a 2-3% hit rate on her. Since their breath allows friendly fire, almost all except the one killed each other from halitosis, those that weren't died of her arrows. This did mean she spent the entire map on baiting duty, but I was fine.

How are you getting 2% out of it?

This map be bull.

Edit: Thanks Arbalest, you unhelpful tool.

Edit Edit:

Spoiler

WAIT THE DRAGON SCALE GUY MOVES FUCK FUCK FUCK

Edited by Punished Dayni

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

42 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Time for the best FE maps ever created.

Wait…what? But, but I thought Shrimp-kun hated Fates!?! And he’s praising it!?! Which means…WHICH M3@n$…!!!

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

わかりました、ブーマー

Der heulende Mann hört nicht auf zu heulen!!! Mae gremlin ar dammit adain yr awyren!!! دعني اخرج! دعني اخرج!

En un sueño, en una visión de la noche, cuando el sueño profundo cae sobre los hombres, en adormecimientos sobre la cama; Entonces abre los oídos de los hombres, y sella su instrucción, Para apartar al hombre de su propósito, Y esconder del hombre la soberbia. El guarda su alma de la fosa, Y su vida de perecer a espada.

Tortured, Ravaged, Speelbound

Spoiler

Oh thank fuck I have Meriel, she can take them out I hope.

.....Or not.

Oh no.

GOTT IN HIMMEL! Nevkha is a fucking nightmare, THAT ASSHOLE DRAGON MOVES, FUCK THIS MAP

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Surprised they let a transport attack too.

I mean Cruisers do retain in AW that odd ability to carry two copter units and shoot aircraft (copters-only in SFW) and sink subs. And Carriers in Dual Strike and Days of Ruin have sea-to-air missiles/machines guns respectively. 

Also, Super Famicom Wars gives APCs machine guns, which are as expectable good on against infantry and useless on tanks. Unfortunately for APCs, in SFW, if the transport gets damaged, so do the contents, something AW thankfully changed. It might be unrealistic that the crew inside survives perfectly unharmed, but from a gameplay perspective it's better. 

SFW APCs don't have the resupplying function BTW. That is the sole purpose of Supply Trucks, which are really squishy and have inferior tires instead of treads (tires can't even move into woods in SFW). Resupplying units either via trucks or properties costs a itty-bitty amount of funds and Supply Trucks can only resupply land and copter units. Planes and sea units have to return to (air)port or merge with damaged ones if they want to restock on fuel and ammo.

Some other oddities of Super Famicom Wars:

• The Assault Plane- Very expensive, a few thousand more than a Fighter or Bomber. But it can attack everything (except Subs) for nice, but not astounding damage.
    • Probably later recycled in AW when IS invented Stealth Fighters (both have "Omni-Missiles") and then Seaplanes. Since both of those can attack everything, but lose to Fighters vs. air and Bombers vs. ground/naval specifically.
  • Anti-Air Artillery- Your standard Artillery unit, except this one targets air units, a cheaper shorter-ranged alternative to the Missile. 
    • The AW direct-fire Anti-Air unit exists. It's great against copters, but far worse than its AW equivalent against planes (maybe that's realistic for a flak gun?), the "two AAs scare the shit out of a Bomber" doesn't apply to SFW. You'd need three AAs for that, and the first will be getting totaled.
  • Neotanks exist as Prototype Tanks. You can't build them however, you must capture an unclaimed Research Lab, which will then turn the Infantry or Mech into a Prototype Tank.
  • Direct-combat has simultaneous fire, no "whoever initiates strikes first". The result is that direct combat units get dinged up a little easier and indirects are better.
  • The COs aren't so unique.
    • The first four differ only in terms of their AI when you're fighting them.:
      • Yuan Delta (default of Orange Star)- Balanced Good.
      • Rojenski (default of Blue Moon)- Balanced Weak. The intentionally easy AI opponent.
      • Fon Rosso (default of Green Earth)- Aggressive.
      • Hetler🤨 (default of Yellow Comet)- Defensive.
    • The three other COs share in having a good AI, and unique gameplay bonuses.
      • Caroline- A tomboyish girl dressed like a mechanic. She is lucky and her units sometimes hit unexpectedly harder. The spiritual predecessor of Nell and Rachel.
      • Billy Gates (this is a 90s game)- A little boy with a rich daddy, gets 10k of extra funds every turn. Do I need to name which busted AW CO he inspired?
      • Mr. Yamamoto- His units start with 140/140 offense & defense, no drawbacks. Play using him for maximum ease, play against him for a challenge.

SFW is cute, aged in some ways, but bearable for one with a moderate measure of tolerance for an antiquated, no-campaign AW-styled game.

43 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

How are you getting 2% out of it?

This map be bull.

I no longer have the file, but I know I did. I also remember Leonie did get hit once, but lived, and proc'ed whatever would bring it down to like a literal 1% hit chance, which was still enough to keep the scaly one distracted.

58 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Also it's exhausting in a good way imo

Summarizes my first playthrough of Conquest right after I finished my college senior seminar IIRC.😆

It was thrilling, but drained me. And it's why I haven't returned to CQ that much, I can't take it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

The game's not got NES text crawl, trading actually functions, enemies move with a pace that's faster than a tortoise, combat animations aren't dipped in a bog, selecting player characters doesn't remind me of a queue......

SDatBoL does technically have the faster speedrun though.

You'd think the game would at least add more story content to be at the same level as the original.

Speaking of extra stuff, have there been prologues in this game and I've just totally missed them?

8 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Well, I can do that for you.

Niwjab.png.238a98e5c86433b2dfae2f1244cd3555.png

This is actually perfect, thank you.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You mean, like it happened with Three Houses? The mechanic originated in Echoes.

Oh, yeah it was, now that I remember.

I guess it is a mechanic so easily brushed off as "A gift from the gods" or something.

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Time for the best FE maps ever created.

Late game Conquest changes a man.

Particularly this man.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Miranda does have official artwork. Yubello has this.

Hahahaha!

Ah, good but too big.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

Hetler🤨

Heel Hetler?

Heel, down dict!

I mean Cruisers do retain in AW that odd ability to carry two copter units and shoot aircraft (copters-only in SFW) and sink subs. And Carriers in Dual Strike and Days of Ruin have sea-to-air missiles/machines guns respectively. 

Also, Super Famicom Wars gives APCs machine guns, which are as expectable good on against infantry and useless on tanks. Unfortunately for APCs, in SFW, if the transport gets damaged, so do the contents, something AW thankfully changed. It might be unrealistic that the crew inside survives perfectly unharmed, but from a gameplay perspective it's better. 

SFW APCs don't have the resupplying function BTW. That is the sole purpose of Supply Trucks, which are really squishy and have inferior tires instead of treads (tires can't even move into woods in SFW). Resupplying units either via trucks or properties costs a itty-bitty amount of funds and Supply Trucks can only resupply land and copter units. Planes and sea units have to return to (air)port or merge with damaged ones if they want to restock on fuel and ammo.

So APCs are more like cruisers in SFW and your refuelling is a bigger consideration. Could be merit keeping that in a reboot.

(Though having fuelling planes would be funny to me.)

• Direct-combat has simultaneous fire, no "whoever initiates strikes first". The result is that direct combat units get dinged up a little easier and indirects are better.

This change interests me. Wonder why this happened?

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

You'd think the game would at least add more story content to be at the same level as the original.

It has more text.

Besides, fans of this game are here for replay value which is easier if you can play through it faster.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Speaking of extra stuff, have there been prologues in this game and I've just totally missed them?

There's the prologue in Normal, some gaiden maps if you kill enough people and that's about all I can think of that isn't the multiplayer.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I guess it is a mechanic so easily brushed off as "A gift from the gods" or something.

SoV has that moment where it shows a hypothetical future that I think hits alright for what it went for and nothing like that has been done since.

Honestly Engage hasn't hinted at it's existence yet. Could it be gone?

21 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Subaki: "Imma Proc Aegis, twice! No arrow will take me down!"

Elise as a dual attacker: "Welcome to Axe town, Population: YOUR FACE!"

Reminds me of Charlotte a lot...

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

On Normal mode there is a Prologue added to the game where Marth escapes Altea. The original, and any of the Hard modes start with the bandit attack on Talys.

Also I suspect you have missed some of the gaiden chapters though, as the requirements for getting them is to have 15  or less units alive (generics included) before each gaiden chapter, except the last, which simply requires that Tiki is dead, and not having the Falchion before the final chapter...

22 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

as the requirements for getting them is to have 15  or less units alive (generics included) before each gaiden chapter, except the last, which simply requires that Tiki is dead, and not having the Falchion before the final chapter...

HzYVxcpf_o.png

Is this how it felt like to be an Among Us fan?

Anyway, there's Rennac. Rennac needs a buff.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=1100&height=619

#ReleaseThe KageroMansionCut

It's just Ryoma's chapter from Conquest

13 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Vukwb6k.png

nervous-sweating-sweating-bullets.gif

This was one well used Dragon Vein, Imouto san.

Me, leaving everyone on the left:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761190cbe7488fdd5d3b76

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's just Ryoma's chapter from Conquest

Kirby would solo the map.

Edited by Punished Dayni

9 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Me, leaving everyone on the left:

I find that honestly a waste of unit space. You don't have enough space to use 15 units on one side, and it will just slow you down without the dragon vein use.

With splitting and Dragon veins, you can set the battle on your terms and go quite fast, too, instead of slowly through choke points.

At8njSm.png

If everything goes right, i should be able to wrap this up next turn. That should be 7 Turns famous last words

Right Dragon vein use, and countering Enemy Dragon veins is the key to this map, and Hinoka's as well

Edited by Imperator Squilla