Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ruben when he gets engaged (it reminds him of Fire Emblem Engage).

I'll just be like "man this is so cool, everyone is cosplaying as Cool Jacket Vander!"

5 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

"Chapter 10, Princess Minvera"

Time for a turning point.

Best girl from Shadow Dragon.

5 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Goddammit you beat me to it.

My speed growth is higher than yours

3 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I find that honestly a waste of unit space. You don't have enough space to use 15 units on one side, and it will just slow you down without the dragon vein use.

With splitting and Dragon veins, you can set the battle on your terms and go quite fast, too, instead of slowly through choke points.

At8njSm.png

If everything goes right, i should be able to wrap this up next turn. That should be 7 Turns famous last words

Right Dragon vein use, and countering Enemy Dragon veins is the key to this map, and Hinoka's as well

Yeah, I've always felt this map flows pretty well if played the intended way.

...The one that I don't get is Iago. Either you go to the room with the mages where you can easily set up a one turn sweep, or you can go and lose against the most bullshit enemy types in the game. Choice!

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I also love how the nation is just called Macedon, like the translators just gave up with that name and took something from antiquity, same with Thracia.

Not a complaint but it is kind of funny to me.

7 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I find that honestly a waste of unit space. You don't have enough space to use 15 units on one side, and it will just slow you down without the dragon vein use.

With splitting and Dragon veins, you can set the battle on your terms and go quite fast, too, instead of slowly through choke points.

At8njSm.png

If everything goes right, i should be able to wrap this next turn. That should be 7 Turns famous last words

Right Dragon vein use, and countering Eneny Dragon veins is the key to this map, and Hinoka's as well

Meanwhile, Quetzal's post about her Fire Emblem playthroughs: (Completely ignores all gameplay and just talks about the story)

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...The one that I don't get is Iago. Either you go to the room with the mages where you can easily set up a one turn sweep, or you can go and lose against the most bullshit enemy types in the game. Choice!

Yeah. Especially Wary Fighters on the stoners makes it super rough

I've seen a clear of that side however

Based Zoran the Fates chad does it, like usual

Edited by Imperator Squilla

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=1100&height=619

#ReleaseThe KageroMansionCut

Kirby Mega Galaxy could be a cool Super Star sequel.

But I wonder what concepts they could make beyond this. For an off the top of my head example, Kirby needing to bring the right power to progress sounds like busywork.

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

I would have the few fliers I have move around past the SW fort and can then do a pincer on Hana's group and the guys behind.

I don't disagree on risk of slowdown, but I'm overly conservative in my play as is. Once I get ready to charge into the middle I can keep action economy pretty reliable with them close by. I've gotten the Spirit dust with this and not had to face much of any eastern reinforcements.

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

That's not fair, he makes Fates sweat.

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I also love how the nation is just called Macedon, like the translators just gave up with that name and took something from antiquity, same with Thracia.

Not a complaint but it is kind of funny to me.

In the original Japanese Macedon is Macedonia and Aurelis is Orleans. So be glad the translators actually tried to be a bit more exotic about it than Kaga lol

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Meanwhile, Quetzal's post about her Fire Emblem playthroughs: (Completely ignores all gameplay and just talks about the story)

You definitely will like Path of Radiance. You are just that kind of FE fan.

i-will-star-wars.gif

6 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I tried a couple times. There's just no point. The one piece of loot isn't even any good.

6 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I knew it was Zoran before I even scrolled down lol. I mean, yeah, Zoran is pretty amazing, but the fact that there's only one person in the world who can do these things is... not a very good sign, haha.

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I would have the few fliers I have move around past the SW fort and can then do a pincer on Hana's group and the guys behind.

But do you make use of all your units or do some just collect dust while moving?

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I've gotten the Spirit dust with this and not had to face much of any eastern reinforcements

When i play super efficient and good, stopping the reinforcements isn't that hard. With the right unit placement you can almost face 0 reinforcements, as the units are placed in such a way that you can block all enemy forts on the way to Gate.

In one of my runs in the old thread i only saw reinforcements when i was near the seize, and then just hightailed it outta there.

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

That's not fair, he makes Fates sweat.

yeah yeah. He has full understanding of that game and always discovers stuff i never thought about.

His double vantage strat in Takumi's map was such a joy to watch.

He also has a "Use every unit" run going, i wonder how he will fare there.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The one piece of loot isn't even any good

Spy Yumi/Shuriken would've been good before Ryouma's map xD

Spy Yumi/Shuriken would've been good before Ryouma's map xD

Key word(s) being "before Ryoma's map." Halfway through Iago's map is long past the point that thing would've been of any use.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Heel Hetler?

Heel, down dict!

It's just a reminder that Japan doesn't quite have the same cultural sensitivities the West does.🙄 I could see it being a reason for the SFW never leaving Japan, family-friendly Nintendo would have to replace him with someone less problematic. 

His theme is an odd choice.

Would have been better for a young lady. SFW is definitely antiquated in the way that it's five old men, a rich boy and just one female. AW never went waifu-crazy like its IS sibling FE, but it wouldn't be difficult to imagine Sami-Nell-Sonia attracted some straight male salivation (and later Lash, Jess, Rachel, Sasha, and Kindle).

(Though having fuelling planes would be funny to me.)

Mid-air refueling is a thing with planes. It has been that way since the 1960s, Dr. Strangelove starts with such a scene the entire classic movie is sexually charged, so the long tube descending from on top pumping liquid into the lower plane is... yeah.

*Cough* I wouldn't mind stripping the APC plane refueling and adding a dedicated refueling plane. Or just forcing the player to have APCs build the Temporary Airports of DoR, that works too.

This change interests me. Wonder why this happened?

I'm not sure. Having a first strike advantage like AW did does force more cautious play, since you stand to lose more from being attacked.

In Famicom, SFW, and the four Game Boy Wars, simultaneous strikes mostly affects units of comparable strength going against each other, like light tank vs. light tank or light tank vs. medium tank. Obviously, this doesn't really affect setups like Recon vs. Heavy Tank, which no enemy is going to do b/c it'd be stupid, so it's not like the player phase loses all meaning for direct-unit combat, you can still choose favorable matchups.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=1100&height=619

#ReleaseThe KageroMansionCut

I saw this mentioned on the Cutting Room Floor when I checked it out, I didn't see this document though.

"Kirby + horror game" despite stuff like Zero, sounds like a downright bizarre combination. I wonder how horror it would've been. Regardless, Milky Way Wishes just seems perfect for ending Super Star (excluding the Arena), a horror game might've been a better fit after Revenge of Meta Knight.

Play KSS BTW. While there is always the chance you might not enjoy it, or not as much as others have (as you did with Super Metroid) it is usually considered a glorious classic in the Kirby franchise.

So i was reading through Zoran video disc on ch26 and...

Whereas all the other enemies activate when doors are opened, Hans and the two generals next to him are linked to each other. If you Entrap one of them, the other two will start moving, along with four more enemies who spawn at the southern stairway.

Since the generals have Spears, it's possible to bait them with a unit standing in the hallway

Yup, that's pretty known and i use that to lighten the room before i go in

However...

After that, you can Lunge them to get inside the room. 

I never thought of this lmao

And i played through CQ how many times again xD

When I tested the maneuver by itself, I discovered that if you get inside without ever opening the doors, Hans's squad and the reinforcements will attack you, but the other enemies still won't move: they'll just stand there and watch.

naruhodo.gif

19 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Ooooh, I know when I did that side on my 10 unit no pre-promoted royal, no guard-stance to defense run that I could find no footage of someone taking that side on Lunatic. Nice to see that there is one now!

18 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

9vEDu4l.png

And that's that.

Ya know...

Conuqest is one of the few games where Seize isn't rout then Seize, especially on the later maps XD

And it does that without being annoying.

I have done that on Conquest, but I think taking the faster way out is more common...

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

i-will-star-wars.gif

0e7d2b86-3d3a-41b9-923b-de06eb77787b_tex

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

But do you make use of all your units or do some just collect dust while moving?

I'd make use of probably 75% in that move specifically, but that's particularly with

Being split across both would probably require more DV users and I can't give First Blood to generics because IS hates me.

7 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

When i play super efficient and good, stopping the reinforcements isn't that hard. With the right unit placement you can almost face 0 reinforcements, as the units are placed in such a way that you can block all enemy forts on the way to Gate.

When I'm going for Yukimura I'd like to be out in 2-3 turns including the dust so that's not much of an issue.

It does mean I don't kill Subaki.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mid-air refueling is a thing with planes. It has been that way since the 1960s, Dr. Strangelove starts with such a scene the entire classic movie is sexually charged, so the long tube descending from on top pumping liquid into the lower plane is... yeah.

*Cough* I wouldn't mind stripping the APC plane refueling and adding a dedicated refueling plane. Or just forcing the player to have APCs build the Temporary Airports of DoR, that works too.

Of course I knew it was a thing, hence why I mentioned it.

Wait, temporary airports?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not sure. Having a first strike advantage like AW did does force more cautious play, since you stand to lose more from being attacked.

In Famicom, SFW, and the four Game Boy Wars, simultaneous strikes mostly affects units of comparable strength going against each other, like light tank vs. light tank or light tank vs. medium tank. Obviously, this doesn't really affect setups like Recon vs. Heavy Tank, which no enemy is going to do b/c it'd be stupid, so it's not like the player phase loses all meaning for direct-unit combat, you can still choose favorable matchups.

There's also weighing the chances of luck being on your side and an unfavourable combat could work out in you favour (especially if you're Nell), or how it makes any enemy phase one where you have to mindful of where they could come out of in FoW.

It encourages more offence, alongside considering how to use your resources more without it being like "Don't lose your 30K train!"

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have zero ideas to make Rennac cool.

Personal weapon with despoil gem drops?

When I tested the maneuver by itself, I discovered that if you get inside without ever opening the doors, Hans's squad and the reinforcements will attack you, but the other enemies still won't move: they'll just stand there and watch.

@Imperator Squilla What.

That's pretty out there.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In the original Japanese Macedon is Macedonia and Aurelis is Orleans. So be glad the translators actually tried to be a bit more exotic about it than Kaga lol

That's definitely far more on the nose.

Out of curiosity I looked up the names of some other Fire Emblem place names to see what would come up.

Altea came up as a city in Spain

Archenea gave me a bunch of German results

Jugdral just gave me the FE wiki page.

Tellius gave me a software company.

Valla is just fence in Spanish...

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You definitely will like Path of Radiance. You are just that kind of FE fan.

i-will-star-wars.gif

Ah yes, it is the story and characters that draw me towards these games, gameplay is but a mere bonus.

Seriously though, I don't post much about it because most of the time my strategies are just uninteresting.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Make him a viable unit.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Replace him with that Fat Adventurer from Midori's paralogue

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

That's pretty out there.

yea

I am reading through Zoran's stuff and am like 

mind-blown-mind-blowing.gif

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I know when I did that side on my 10 unit no pre-promoted royal, no guard-stance to defense run

Ok...

How did you manage that?

Especially with counter magic on the damn thingies?

Just now, Punished Dayni said:

Personal weapon with despoil gem drops?

I thought of something like that, but it's impossible with my hacking abilities. Probably doable with the skill system, but I'd rather not break my rom with the skill patch for one character's sake.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Valla is just fence in Spanish...

At least it's not ostia. Look that one up, won't ya?

Ah yes, it is the story and characters that draw me towards these games, gameplay is but a mere bonus.

Make him a viable unit.

See, the problem is... how? Do I make him an Est prepromote? I already have a Wolf-like, and Rogue's caps are not well-suited for this. I thought of giving him like, bow access to set him apart, but there are no animations in the repo and I have no idea how to make animations, nor do I want to waste three days making a bow rogue for Rennac, of all people.

...Maybe give him higher stats if he gets recruited by paying him 10k instead of getting bullied by L'Arachel? No, but then he's just a worse version of the swordmaster that joins in the next chapter... Ahhh, how frustrating.

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Replace him with that Fat Adventurer from Midori's paralogue

Gahahahaha... Ahh, Candace is pretty great, but I'd rather make Rennac cool. He has a backstory with one of the new characters, you see.

30 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Jugdral just gave me the FE wiki page.

Edit: Note that Jugdral is Yggdral, referencing Yggdrasil the world tree of Norse mythology, that is just the Romanji way of displaying how it is pronounced using the Japanese language...

27 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Ok...

How did you manage that?

Especially with counter magic on the damn thingies?

Short answer, I found a way to break the door with Effie's Javelin, used some sneaky shelter-dance-separate strats to pull her out far enough to be at a safe distance after doing so, Corrin used dragon hex to debuff two of the stone-born before they could move, then both reinforcement blocked on, and ensured all but one of the stone-born would stay in the room to attack, letting me retreat further back to the starting room and kill the faceless with minimal interference from the stone-born, luring the one stoneborn keeping pace into a place across a wall so when I got the kill with Lightning and attack stance (fortunately magic counter doesn't trigger on a kill) she is safe, and do the same to the fast of the next group of stone-born but with shelter-dance-separate strats to pull people far enough back to be safe after doing so, before just jumping the last of them with my full army. The full write up of did of the chapter is in the spoiler box below

Spoiler

Chapter 26 - Lets start with the preps, we have a +1 strength, +1 defense, +1 luck meal for all Nohrians, a strength tonic on Effie to break doors with Javalins, and magic tonic on Ophelia to let her one round stoneborns with lightning before leveling. The first step is to have Effie break the door and use shelter and dancingg strats to drag everyone out of Hexing rod range. The 4 heroes are charging so I have Effie and Silas hold the chokepoints created by the torchs, and have Beruka's dual club swordbreaker combo to lure in some of the wyrmslayers and block off an extra space in the back of the room. After surviving that they are no longer protected by the hexing rod and we wipe them out on player phase. Next I use Niles to kill the hexing rod on one of Iago's silence staff turns, and try to shelter strat everyone to safety, but Effie has to be left in both Iago's staff range and a Hero's range. This draws in the last of the Hero's who die on the turn after as I do not want to have to deal with staffs. The next silence staff turn is the next time to act as Effie Javalin's the door to the eternal stairway part 2: curse of the eternal staff, and Peri trades equips her a blessed lance to enemy phase the first faceless, and everyone piles in behind those two to get past Iago's staff range next turn & Ophelia gets danced to avoid Iago's silence and hide just north of Effie. Next turn the other faceless dies, Ophelia lightning kills the stoneborn (thankfully those inside the next room do not move til the door opens) and get everyone outside Iago's staff range and the non moving stoneborn range. The next phase was such a delicate maneuver that I had to map it out on paper, The big things are Corrin uses 2 turns to Dragoon hex debuff the 2 nearest stoneborn from their range before we start the maneuver (to prevent the scenario that they set up their attack order right with the 2 poisoners striking first and have all the stone born hit Corrin they could kill him). On a Iago freeze turn, first Beruka rally's everyone that will stay in stone born range, Corrin blocks the stoneborn reinforcement and ensure that 3 of the stoneborn will head north and be 2 turns behind the charge of faceless, Effie Javalin's open the door, Silas shelters her, Azura dances Silas, Peri shelters Azura, Niles transfers then swaps to let Azura dance Peri, Felicia transfer Niles away from Azura switches and seperates such that Niles could possibly receive 2 debuffed stoneborn hits with demoiselle plus Inspiration plus defense rally boost, and Felicia could face one with lilypoise, inspiration, defense rally boost. Peri goes back a few spaces and shelter Azura again (Peri's final position has potentially 2 debuffed stoneborn hits with defense rally plus inspiration boost), then Opheila trasnfers and seperates Azura to safety leaving her in range of 1 debuffed stoneborn hit with defense rally and horse spirit. With only Niles in stoneborn kill range (and only if the poisoner acts first, and both him despite his effective 77 avoid with supports, but make a note to give him a defense or health tonic if I reset), they split their fire anyway, and next turn we flee through Iago's silence staff and the following turn back to the starting room to prepare my defense. The first step is to draw the only stoneborn that is keeping pace to enter the nearest space he can killed from range inside the room, and them killing him with Ophelia. With that dealt with I use Effies to enemy phase 2 of them with the blessed lance with solid attack stance and some defensive buffs, and then finish the rest off on player phase. I bait another Stoneborn into a ranged Ophelia death (with sheltering strats afterward to keep people alive), the rest die to my team dog piling them. To deal with the entrap staff in the corner, I get enough cavalry to the other side of her range that I can slay the door the staff and the faceless on one player phase, while starting outside staff range. The next step is to breakdown the door to the berserker and general room. I know reinforcements are coming, but much to my frustration, despite a thorough searching of youtube I cannot find any footage of anyone taking this route on lunatic conquest, so I have to rely on questionably accurate wiki descriptions for what is spawning where and for how long. I split my forces, Effie the master of unlocking, the shelterers Silas and Peri, Azura the dancer, and Felicia in case I need healing will breakdown the doors while the rest wait to ambush reinforcements. The entire reason I took this route is to take advantage of the difference in enemy movement rates to create a comfortable gap between the berserkers and generals. I start by breaking the door on an Iago hexing rod turn, and shelter start everyone out of freeze range. Next turn my team to deal with reinforcements wipes out the 3 faceless and stoneborn that spawned near the northern stairs, while the door breakers are fleeing (and drawing an enfeeble staff as the outpace the enemy). Next turn is a little tight for spacing as my whole team re brought back together and avoid the range of the enemies from the south (including 3 new faceless and a stoneborn from the stairs near the middle) and Iago's freeze range. Finally we flee through the silence staff use and the following turn reach the safety of the starting area, and its lack of staffs. As the enemies approach I lure the stoneborn into that same nearest space so many have died at this chapter, and freeze the general that sarted near the healers to let him join the other generals. As the group is partway into Iago's range I bait the lead berserker with a Tomahawk to die to Felicia's flame shuriken (with a Corrin attack stance, plus defense rally for survival), and the next turn I bait in the next berserker into an enemy phase death to Corrin's dragon stone with a solid magic attack stance, before finishing off the other 3 Berserkers and 3 faceless on player phase. Dealing with the generals takes a bit longer as I trick those with range into dying from the other side of a wall with a defensive lure, and magic range plus dance and/or shelter on player phase. The generals die before too long. I have saved the last entrap staff for Hans, and with it he is trivial to defeat (although I save a shelter use to pull Elise out of the range of enemies on the other side of a wall that she entered to entrap Hans). Hans friends charge and are easily dispatched, and with 2 Berserker and General reinforcements I almost take them in the faceless/stoneborn room, but end up playing it safe by returning to the chamber in which I do not have to worry about staffs just in case. With everything else I have to deal with immobile the rest is easy, although I do bait in two of the mages into range battle into Iago's room to cap my last units level (plus I needed time to loot the room anyway), until seizing with an entirely cap level party.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
needed editing

19 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

fortunately magic counter doesn't trigger on a kill

Yeah but it will trigger on the first lightning attack before the 2nd kills, no?

I remember that because i once reseted because i Lightning's an Armor with Counter Magic and the first attack was enough to kill my unit XD

That was an interesting read. Thanks! 

Also the bait and switch with Armors and Zerker is something i've seen before, but usually i try to clear half the room, freeze the zerkers that can reach me while closing off the torch part with units that can (dodge-)tank the other 2 Zerkers.

Also EP'ing the Wyrmslayer room is too scary for me, i usually try to clear it all in 1 PP, but with only 10 units i imagine that to be impossible XD

I wonder how i will clear it in my current dancerless run hmm...

18 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh so your job affects alot of different areas then. Thats pretty neat! 

So is your job mostly physical labor or machines? Or both?

Well, I load and unload most of it, so there’s definitely some physical involved

20 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Trampling Reevan Soil:

Reveal hidden contents

So, Runan just took a PoW. Least he didn't catch her in a net. Or hand her off to some highly suspicious man who we were just expected to trust man.

Also, I am too broken if this map became less of an issue than it should have. Raffin and Sasha were enough to deal with the ballistae, then I could just clean up from there.

Also, Ballasticians are more disappointing than I realised. You can't change back from it, but worse, you can't even change weapon. Sure there's only two weapons, but they feel kinda underwhelming for all the potential BOX ARCHER had.

I did learn this because Hagar switched right in the middle of my men making Mintz easier at least. Also conveniently in range of Ernst so there's that. Well, I'd say that but he deals 0 hit on Ernst. Because Ernst is fucking nuts.

I may have stolen a bunch of equipment from him. As in, all his weapons. Thief sword fun! Except for the Wind Shield I guess.

Is there a full list of boss convos?

So you'd take smaller volumes of items in the truck. Would you take multiple customers at once? Would you have an itinerary of packages you'd pick up as you go along and drop others off?

Ya that’s basically kinda how it works, except with palletized freight. UPS drivers in package cars work on the same business model except with little boxes and about 10 times the amount of stops

For example, last delivery today of about 16 of em was two crated dirt bikes. Then picked a skid of vinyl siding goin to VA and a skid of filters goin to Ohio

Wait, temporary airports?

Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict exclusive.

The APC, renamed "Rigs" in DoR and "Mobile Workshops" in DC, gained a new ability- to create Temporary Airports and Temporary Ports. Their infantry-carrying and resupplying capacities remained entirely intact, albeit the former was situationally nerfed with Bikes being added.

• A Rig can create a Temporary Airport on Plains terrain, or a Temporary Port on Shoals terrain. It requires at least 2 turns to do so- like capturing, it requires 20 points to build one and the lower the Rig's HP, the longer it'll take.
  • T. (Air)Ports do not provide funds, nor can they produce new units. They can repair and resupply injured aircraft and seacraft, that is all. They're makeshift bases that'll presumably be disassembled once the battle is over.
  • T. (Air)Ports provide only 1 terrain star of defense compared to the 3 of their normal versions.
  • T. (Air)Ports can be captured by enemies.
  • T. (Air)Ports have a very tiny niche of altering the terrain. It's better for Tire A ("Tire B" is for the DoR-exclusive Bike and Anti-Tank units, they move over Plains/Shoals/Ruins at no penalty, but suffer the same 3 Move cost as Tire A on Woods/Wasteland) since they don't get slowed down on them as they do with Plains/Shoals. Non-Lander & Gunboat naval units can't enter Shoals either.
  • Rigs can only build as many T. (Air)Ports as they have Materials, which is to say only 1. Carriers are the other units that use Materials (they have 4 each), to build Seaplanes (in addition to 15k in funds). Materials cannot be replenished except via Greyfield/Sigismund's Supply Chain CO Power. Decide with some care where you want to build your frontline repair centers.

Maybe personnel transportation, universal unit resupplying, and building forward shipyards and air strips are too many jobs for a single unit. But condensing all these supportive functions of war into a single unit sure to be utilized, is better than dividing it into several, if it avoids dragging the action down.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

ab3H0LU.png_MzxXe92.png

Elen being the fast one between these two is kinda funny. She got [-1.5 Mag | +2 Spd], while Lugh is at [+5 Mag, -4 Spd]. No stat boosters for either (they all went to a more deserving magic user)