Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Me when i open a chest in Minish Cap and it's another fucking Kinestone

FeRceLHXEAISBuJ?format=png&name=240x240

The progenitor of Korok Seeds.

They're kinda different though. Kinstones can be bought, and the green ones are found even easier than that IIRC. They're an odd idea, but I'm not sure how to define them, maybe "trading cards"? Korok Seeds are location specific.

Just remember to make the fusion that unlocks the warp spot near Link's house before very late in the game, you can permanently miss the optional bow upgrade if you don't.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Hits unpassable wall
>Looks it up

The fuck do you mean i needed three golden Kinestone pieces for this? Why the fuck is the thing that was optional suddenly not? 

I never had this issue. Exploring around made me bump into the Veil Falls gold Kinstone gate, which I could sorta tell meant that it was blocking off entrance to a location I wouldn't be able to access until later. That I suppose made me realize not all Kinstone fusions were optional, not the gold ones to be precise.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just remember to make the fusion that unlocks the warp spot near Link's house before very late in the game, you can permanently miss the optional bow upgrade if you don't.

That's.....odd for a Zelda game.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Exploring around made me bump into the Veil Falls gold Kinstone gate,

I found it by complete accident cause it's just kinda tucked away to the side there. This was after a 30 minute run around and the fact that the golden Kinestone pieces didn't feel particularly special....it wasn't until after I looked at the walkthrough that I realized I had them already.

Was also late so all that combined and yeah, I got heated.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I found it by complete accident cause it's just kinda tucked away to the side there. This was after a 30 minute run around and the fact that the golden Kinestone pieces didn't feel particularly special....it wasn't until after I looked at the walkthrough that I realized I had them already.

Was also late so all that combined and yeah, I got heated.

Just wait until later in game when you get the last element. That Gold Kinstone quest is NUTS

Gah, the new prompt in the Writing Thread is so the sort of stuff I'd want to write without an excuse to... but choosing what is still hard. Even following Soulweaver's advice to just write several ideas down still leads to the issue of picking just one... and time is already limited for me as it is.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

TBF it's merely an attack boost. And you're given an extraordinary amount of time to do what you have to. Nonetheless, it is strange, in a franchise that usually avoids the awfulness of permanent missables.

Check the town for the bearded man with a red hat, he ought to be the person who does the necessary Kinstone fusion. In case you haven't already done it.

Beyond that, I don't recall anything being permanently missable in Minish Cap. Although you can't have access to all three bottled Charms on a single playthrough, only two of them, you're gonna have to pick a Least Best Girl.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Beyond that, I don't recall anything being permanently missable in Minish Cap. Although you can't have access to all three bottled Charms on a single playthrough, only two of them, you're gonna have to pick a Least Best Girl.

Truly Capcom was still salty about that one.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The last one has an exploit though. During the penultimate battle outside Dolhr Keep, give Tiki the Falchion and get her killed. Dead units have their items returned to the convoy after the map is over, but the game seems to check for the Falchion before it is returned, letting you get into the final secret garden chapter. Tiki can be revived via a one-use staff you get.

Note that accessing the last secret battle does change the final character you end up recruiting. Canonically to New Mystery, the last secret chapter never happened.

I might try that actually, just for the lols if nothing else.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, 15 average speed at level 8 promoted. Thank you, 20% speed growth.

Don't forget the 5% Def growth. My Elen is not Def screwed. Micaiah has positively balanced stats in comparison. Oh well, not that you need Spd or Def to warp Rutger into 14x's boss room.

That said, I've been using Elen as a combat unit way more than I anticipated. :lol: Very useful to set up kills and she's at a very respectable C rank (20% or so towards B) in Light at the start of chapter 16. Let's see if she can Purge something before the end of the game.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

...what?

Must be Spain Spanish or anything that isn't Venezuelan.

I can confirm. Valla is indeed fence. It's also not pronounced "vala", it's pronounced "vaya".

9 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'm tempted to make a Fire Emblem romhack.

It can be a lot of fun, but it takes a lot of time. I mean, I've already been at it for what, five weeks? And I'm making relatively simple edits of FE8, a full hack can take years.

Berserk staves were the cause of all my pain in Ephraim's route.

Berserk staves are the worst.

Hey, I recruited this guy in Heroes yesterday in my monthly check in of that game. 

He's absolutely insane, I don't know why anyone thought this was okay.

He's Garon. Any less would've been out of character.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aya vaya allá a la valla y halla baya en la haya.

Aaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaa~

Chainsaw noises

Anyway, 10/10 trabalenguas.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

The only Xenoblade I would play

To Rate Sierra:

Spoiler

Sierra 1-rounds 46 HP Dracozombies with Nosferatu.

She has 17 Spd with only one potion. 7 Def with only one ain't so hot but she at least has a decent amount of HP.

She has Vantage with that.

Her magic is a bit higher than Maruj's and mine's been pretty solid this time.

Don't mess with a witch is right.

Sadly I did stumble on 38 so far, bloody hell Kishar's Wrath ain't fun.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaa~

Chainsaw noises

Anyway, 10/10 trabalenguas.

Oh, know Mad Father, huh.

Hahaha, ain't Spanish grand? XD

15 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

To Rate Sierra:

Hide contents

Sierra 1-rounds 46 HP Dracozombies with Nosferatu.

She has 17 Spd with only one potion. 7 Def with only one ain't so hot but she at least has a decent amount of HP.

She has Vantage with that.

Her magic is a bit higher than Maruj's and mine's been pretty solid this time.

Don't mess with a witch is right.

Sadly I did stumble on 38 so far, bloody hell Kishar's Wrath ain't fun.

Sierra, the best thing to come out of TRS.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, know Mad Father, huh.

I loved watching cringe youtubers play those games as a kid. Still do, they're always fun watches... Though nowadays I prefer the ones that don't scream their lungs out at the first sign of movement from any prop, haha.

Anyway, Mad Father's a classic. Probably not as good as Ib, but it's up there. I don't know who voiced Alfred, but I hope they had a prosperous career. They deserve it.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Hahaha, ain't Spanish grand? XD

Magnífico idioma. Muy mucho.

Somebody should make an extended video with all the versions and parodies strung together.

Terror Rising Soon

Spoiler

38 done.

Managed to do this without just Warping to kill the boss then get Holmes in range, but some close dodges were needed.

Lionel got Move in the level on my last turn. So that was good.

Leonie, you're up next please.

Next up, killing Zeig.

Edited by Punished Dayni

This is the best 1 yet.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Check the town for the bearded man with a red hat, he ought to be the person who does the necessary Kinstone fusion. In case you haven't already done it.

I'll keep an eye out tho i don't know if i have the necessary Kinstones in the first place.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Minish Cap has trash guidance tbh.

I fear playing A Link Between Worlds before any of the other 2D Zeldas has spoiled me because that map was very detailed whereas the others just show images.

Terminus, Revenge Station

Spoiler

I killed Zeig with Kate.

She got Strength from the level she got.

I am a horrible man.

Prepped my finale team, think I'll take screenshots of the lot when I'm finished.

8 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Reveal hidden contents

I killed Zeig with Kate.

I am a horrible man.

Prepped my finale team, think I'll take screenshots of the lot when I'm finished.

Meanwhile me

Spoiler

Knowing of Zeig's betrayal, I killed him on the spot in Ch.5.

The game still acts like he was with us the whole time when you fight him again.

28 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Reveal hidden contents

I killed Zeig with Kate.

I am a horrible man.

Revenge…revenge…

*A dramatization of what Wraith went through on that harrowing day after seeing the trailer for TMS # FE*

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

This is the best 1 yet.

I'll keep an eye out tho i don't know if i have the necessary Kinstones in the first place.

I fear playing A Link Between Worlds before any of the other 2D Zeldas has spoiled me because that map was very detailed whereas the others just show images.

Oh, that guy in Hyrule Town?

That guy’s kinstone piece is red. I think it was the PacMan shaped piece or the inverse of that you need

Be sure to fuse that kinstone BEFORE you go up Veil Falls. Something you can get from it becomes permanently unavailable if you take too long

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It can be a lot of fun, but it takes a lot of time. I mean, I've already been at it for what, five weeks? And I'm making relatively simple edits of FE8, a full hack can take years.

Yeah the time and effort is keeping me back mostly. And I'm no good at technical stuff like making maps or making sound units.

But I was daydreaming about the possibility of a Jehanna campaign just set in that area with it's own unique units, story and characters and how much fun that would be to make from an artistic side.

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Yeah the time and effort is keeping me back mostly. And I'm no good at technical stuff like making maps or making sound units.

Hence why I'm starting small, haha. I've toyed around with the idea of making a full fledged hack, but... then, I've also fantasized about making a game. Gotta start somewhere. Another viable approach is to make a smaller hack. There's plenty of those, just a handful of chapters. This would suit your idea below better.

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

But I was daydreaming about the possibility of a Jehanna campaign just set in that area with it's own unique units, story and characters and how much fun that would be to make from an artistic side.

Hey, that's a pretty awesome idea! Reminds me of this old-ish hack called Carcino's Civil War, which was similarly a sort of side story / prequel for FE8. I'd be interested to see what you'd do with the Jehannans.