• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This used to be widely considered the worst scenario in the entire game. It got some subtle but much needed tweaks in the remake that elevated it somewhat in my eyes, but really, you pretty much need to be a mecha anime fan in order to truly love this one.

I still agree with it being worst.

This is actually rather close to my own ranking. I just had Present Day in fourth place

But, Present Day is so charming and fun!

Japan and Akira switched and Prehistory at the bottom. Neat. Sooks correct as always. Just about. Pogo doesn't deserve being above anything.

But you see Ruben, while playing Pogo’s story, there was this instance where I experienced this thing called fun. I had to think during a battle or two. Checkmate Akira.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I still agree with it being worst.

Fair.

But, Present Day is so charming and fun!

I mean, yeah. The upper four are all in "yeah that was good" territory for me. Akira and Japan are okay, and then Pogo is Pogo.

But you see Ruben, while playing Pogo’s story, there was this instance where I experienced this thing called fun. I had to think during a battle or two. Checkmate Akira.

My rating of Pogo might've been impacted by clearing the entire area looking for the secret boss once, realizing the boss wasn't there yet, coming back later and then discovering I couldn't beat the boss.

And the humor.

Finally got around to changing Aux Core drops from treasure boxes, now the partially completed Aux Cores are totally removed (except the tutorial one, which you need) in favor of Torna's superior already completed Core system. This just makes making builds much less limited imo without the need to grind materials out.

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Belgium exposed

Germany will win today.

The underdogs will prevail.

21 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Don't set me up for 2014 man, I was hurt when they didn't win

CR and Japan advacing from this group for ultimate memes

Didn't CR lose to BR in 2014 quarter i think?

Edit: Nope they lost to Netherlands

Edited by Imperator Squilla

It's true.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Very well. Full Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment massive spoilers are a go!

The primary LGBTQ thing about Persona 2 is...

Thanks for the write-up. And you're right, it definitely is wild how Persona just regressed after that. I think I can figure out potentially why though: Persona 2 allowed you to choose a romantic partner but from what i gather, Tatsuya isn't a self-insert, despite his silenceness. Not quite Lea status but you could compare him to Adol or Samus, i suppose, i think. The Persona 3-5 protags are self-inserts. So in P2, when you pick a romantic partner, you're picking Tatsuya's romantic partner. In P3-5, you're picking your romantic partner (because of how greatly the social sim aspects are amplified in these games) and Atlus might've been "it's ok to be gay if it's not the player". I mean i don't wanna put words in their mouth but like this is the only way i can see the regression making sense. But this only explains the choice and not....the questionable LGBT rep the games have had after that.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Dio

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

CR and Japan advacing from this group for ultimate memes

I would absolutely laugh, I enjoy sides who people don't say will win do.

Speaking of, what happened to Coratia? They're going out at this rate, wew.

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Thanks for the write-up. And you're right, it definitely is wild how Persona just regressed after that. I think I can figure out potentially why though: Persona 2 allowed you to choose a romantic partner but from what i gather, Tatsuya isn't a self-insert, despite his silenceness. Not quite Lea status but you could compare him to Adol or Samus, i suppose, i think. The Persona 3-5 protags are self-inserts. So in P2, when you pick a romantic partner, you're picking Tatsuya's romantic partner. In P3-5, you're picking your romantic partner (because of how greatly the social sim aspects are amplified in these games) and Atlus might've been "it's ok to be gay if it's not the player". I mean i don't wanna put words in their mouth but like this is the only way i can see the regression making sense. But this only explains the choice and not....the questionable LGBT rep the games have had after that.

Had to comment on this because that's... Hideously ass-backwards. Shouldn't self-inserts have all the more reason to be bi? So any player can feel inserted? I get your point, but if that really is their logic, well... I don't follow.

Then again, from what I can tell, Best JRPG Ever Made doesn't even have a female version of its purported self-insert. How do you make such a basic mistake? Even like, goddamned Misao, RPGMaker Horror Game from the ancient ages that had no focus on romance got that right even though it had zero reason to.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hideously ass-backwards.

That's the point. Persona had an amazing case of LGBT rep in one game and then just threw it all away in the following games.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then again, from what I can tell, Best JRPG Ever Made doesn't even have a female version of its purported self-insert.

See it's funny because Persona 3 does have a female version of the protagonist (albeit only in Portable, the original and Fes don't have her). And then they proceeded to not have a female protagonist ever again.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What game?

Persona as a whole and how LGBT rep has gone backwards after a game that did it well.

47 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Speaking of, what happened to Coratia? They're going out at this rate, wew.

You were saying something?

They are old

Edited by Imperator Squilla