• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

And here I thought IS blew it's load early with Colgate-chan and Pepsiman. Hats off to the mad genius responsible. This is pure beauty.

They really, really didn't want you to miss the rose theme. So in case the actual roses on her ass and leggings weren't enough, they put thorns on her limbs.

...On the other hand, she could legit murder a person by kicking them in the groin this way, so I guess there is a practical use for the spikes?

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, they had Hans stick around for the entire game. Despite looking and acting like a chapter 1 bandit boss.

No, but you see, Hans is a lot deeper than your average chapter 1 bandit boss. He has a funny, thumb-shaped head, and he kills Jeigan. Probably.

...that, and I honestly do feel that the idea of an earlygame brigand being relevant throughout isn't necessarily bad. They'd just need to be... y'know, not a Fates character.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IntSys just called, they saw this post. They told me that they'll be adding child units and their hyperbolic time chambers into this game.

Tell them to grow a pair and kill off all the anime teens and make their parents playable instead.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tell them to grow a pair and kill off all the anime teens and make their parents playable instead.

Plot twist: the characters we see now are Gen 1. Engage's second half is Gen 2, where we play as the kids.

Engage was FE4 remake all along.

Just now, Armagon said:

Plot twist: the characters we see now are Gen 1. Engage's second half is Gen 2, where we play as the kids.

You know...

NO WAIT THAT MEANS VANDAD DIES

I will only accept this if Alear survives and you meet them in Gen 2 with a massive, bi-colored beard. Both genders.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...that, and I honestly do feel that the idea of an earlygame brigand being relevant throughout isn't necessarily bad. They'd just need to be... y'know, not a Fates character.

This reminds of an idea I once had.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=1100&height=619

unknown.png?width=1100&height=619

My demons knowing I can do nothing:

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, but you see, Hans is a lot deeper than your average chapter 1 bandit boss. He has a funny, thumb-shaped head, and he kills Jeigan. Probably.

Fates Mangaka probably made him a duke before the script was cut in half twice

I will say @Saint Rubenio that in the Divine Edition boxart

8d1386f9-c6e3-41e8-b7de-11b2fcc6d815?rul

Vandad is there. I'm going to assume everyone in this boxart is important (even if mom gets uploaded to God's dropbox at some point). Not to give you hope but it seems Vandad could offer more than just typical Jeigan lines.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ruben_buttons_2.png?width=409&height=619

Truly a dilemma.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will say @Saint Rubenio that in the Divine Edition boxart

8d1386f9-c6e3-41e8-b7de-11b2fcc6d815?rul

Vandad is there. I'm going to assume everyone in this boxart is important (even if mom gets uploaded to God's dropbox at some point). Not to give you hope but it seems Vandad could offer more than just typical Jeigan lines.

He betrays

Nah I mean, being such an early joiner, I expect Vandad to have at least some role. No but seriously, he's blue unlike Cramme and Framme who are both red, what could that mean?

You know who isn't there, though? Ugly Old Man. Sooo yeah.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

HEY WAIT, the things I said before, about Firine -> Brodia -> Elusia -> Solm may hold true. Because like, that's the order that the FE Twitter has profiled them by (Solm has yet to be profiled). So likely, we visit Firene first, the Brodia, then Ivy attacks, leading us to Elusia, shit happens and we finally end up at Solm before Act 1 wraps up at Lythios.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Double twist: We're playing the kids in the first half of the game. The second half we spend with the parents, seeking revenge for the murder of their children. Who is whose parent is determined by the first generation's supports: What pairs are siblings, and what pairs are lovers? Every combination of S supports is assigned to a selection of parent/child pairing that isn't too excessively cursed. CBA supports are, of course, indistinguishable, to maximise the deeply discomfortable sexual tension.

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

He's the next Gunther.

I mean, Gunter would be pretty cool if the game let him.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

HEY WAIT, the things I said before, about Firine -> Brodia -> Elusia -> Solm may hold true. Because like, that's the order that the FE Twitter has profiled them by (Solm has yet to be profiled). So likely, we visit Firene first, the Brodia, then Ivy attacks, leading us to Elusia, shit happens and we finally end up at Solm before Act 1 wraps up at Lythios.

And then what?

Only time will tell...

14 minutes ago, ping said:

Double twist: We're playing the kids in the first half of the game. The second half we spend with the parents, seeking revenge for the murder of their children. Who is whose parent is determined by the first generation's supports: What pairs are siblings, and what pairs are lovers? Every combination of S supports is assigned to a selection of parent/child pairing that isn't too excessively cursed. CBA supports are, of course, indistinguishable, to maximise the deeply discomfortable sexual tension.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Tripple Twist: It's another time travel situation, but it's the parents who traveled back. So they're all a bunch of sixty-somethings at the least.

I'll take these joke suggestions. Fuck anime teens. There's hundreds of games with teen protagonists. Let older folks take point for once.

7 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Biggest problem: Corrin is a blackhole that get's praised for everything and everyone follows them no matter what.

Also they never grew out of their naivety.

They aren't the worst case of blackholeness i saw, but it's a pretty bad one

Mm, I wouldn't say that. Corrin, depending on the route you pick, is always going to be fighting against one of his family members. Even if you pick Rev, it still takes Corrin a long ass time to actually earn the trust of Ryoma and Xander, they clearly don't just follow him willy-nilly.

And while Corrin may always stay an idiot dork, they do grow good deal. Corrin in Birthright spares the life of Zola who ends up betraying them and because of that nearly getting Corrin and all of their party killed in the Opera House, and it's not a mistake he repeats again when facing Hans or Iago, and similarly in Conquest Corrin holds no sympathy for the two even after going through most of that entire game sparing the lives of all enemies they encounter. Aside from the kitsune genocide which Corrin never wanted to do.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Out of all the things I expected from the Quetzal of Radiance run, a Corrin defense is not it.

Quetzal of Radiance...

Radiant Quetzal...

Shadow Quetzal...

New Mystery of Quetzal...

Genealogy of The Holy Quetzal...

Quetzal 776...

Blazing Quetzal...

Sacred Quetzal...

Quetzals of Valentia...

Three Quetzals...

...Okay I'm done.

I love it. Thanks.

It mostly came as a thought experiment after reading some folks' opinions on Corrin in other FE circles. These aren't my opinions as I think I'd have to replay the Fates games to seal the Corrin deal, but I thought they were worth sharing here.

Incidentally, I expect you're going to enjoy Leif when you play Thracia.

Leif is up there as one of the top lords I'm most excited to see what they're about.

7 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I think he will also love Sigurd when he get's to Ponyriding Simulator

Sigurd is on the lower side of that list but I'm still decently curious.

5 hours ago, Green06 said:

Conquest's Epilogue, The Coronation of King Xander:

https://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-Fates-Conquest/Update%2073/5-68_hmm.png

https://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-Fates-Conquest/Update%2073/7-70_tortute_implements.png

Corrin: Many hoshidans died when I decided that my life with my dear siblings is more important than the lives of each of them. And your brothers too. That was a small price to pay for peace and my happiness.

Hinoka: Thank you for becoming a mass murderer for our sake. I promise I won't let this transgression go to waste.

Corrin: When I chose this path, I thought it would haunt me for the rest of my life. Imagine being responsible for an invasion of a country, which resulted in the slaughter of several innocent people and the death of my two blood brothers. But after much thought, I learned to forgive myself.

Sakura: Corrin, what a man you are!

Yeah this is the main deal that ultimately makes me skeptical of the idea. I've heard the thought that just because a character doesn't make the most logical choice doesn't mean it's bad writing, it's means the character made the very emotional choice that lead to their downfall. Corrin siding with the only family and siblings he's ever known makes sense, and Corrin does go through several mental breakdowns of guilt knowing how much he's killed, but it's all for a greater good which we know from other routes didn't need to happen, and ultimately the story tries to make those countless deaths more about Corrin than the actual people that died.

However, i have to wonder if that's less Corrin's fault and more just the general storyline of Conquest. Basically Corrin needed a better story, not a better character.

5 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

However, i have to wonder if that's less Corrin's fault and more just the general storyline of Conquest. Basically Corrin needed a better story, not a better character.

Perhaps if the original drafts had survived more intact.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Gen 9 are the best games actually because Godzilla vs Hedorah reference.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then what?

Idk i'm assuming we haven't seen much beyond the game's halfway point.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let older folks take point for once.

Xenoblade X's main protagonist is a 29-year old woman.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I've heard the thought that just because a character doesn't make the most logical choice doesn't mean it's bad writing

You'd think this would be common sense but FE fans in particular lose their shit whenever a female character makes a questionable choice.

Actually, just about the entire SS3 OG crew is. Saizo and Sagiri are 27, Meryl and Amies are 24, Rami is 20, and Amasaki is 52.

Of course, there is plenty of teens (and pre-teens for that matter) in the party from the various anime series, but then this was the SRW that began putting the Original Trinity as the "Veterans in their late 20's" shtick too. Repeated in 30 and is likely to be the norm now. Until Getter Robo Arc is put in at least.