Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

29 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Magic ignores terrain but no fixed hit.

Hol' up. Is that Mom on the battle forecast in the second image?

I can't imagine Mom being an enemy ever, so... Playable Mom? But then, why show she dies? That's just going to make people not use her.

Fascinating... And interesting!

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

New Celica's Map 1 remix nice

So, corrupted effectiveness, Warp Ragnarok works best with fliers, maybe increases in magic range and that double attack does half the damage dealt.

That last bit's a little disappointing considering Engage seems to be about providing busted skills.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't imagine Mom being an enemy ever, so... Playable Mom? But then, why show she dies? That's just going to make people not use her.

Ah yes, that too.

I'm curious what this'll result in, much as I bet it'll be insignificant for the amount of time it happens.

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

Also seems that not all magic ignores terrain, but only those with Mystical type

Mystical?

17 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Mystical?

Each unit has a type.

For example, Celine has Mystical i think, so she ignores Terrain with Magic

Ivy has a Tamer type, so she doesn't

Or that's how i understood it

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Unless you want to be funny and have a sufficiently bulky laguz smite mounted allies.

nmXOcv9.png

Mordecai doesn't need no silly stat boosters for that because Mordecai is literally perfect.
Oh wait, Jill gains +1 Con when promoting, so Mordecai does need the Statue Frag to shove her while untransformed. Balls. OK, Mordecai is virtually perfect.
I was going to say that +2 Con actually allows Kitty!Lethe to shove Jill, but that is reverted with Jill's promotion, too.

Anyway, that was my TED talk explaining why Mordecai is the best Laguz in the game. And before anyone brings up another big cat - he's four points lighter than Mordy.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That poor Ike...

Quetzal picking normal difficulty, despite stemming from my poor communication skills, is shaping up, little by little, with every Str-less Ike level, to be a good call after all. I really don't agree with the decision to withhold {last chapter spoilers, you know what I mean} on hard mode.

Just now, ping said:

nmXOcv9.png

Mordecai doesn't need no silly stat boosters for that because Mordecai is literally perfect.

I was thinking about Haar. Haar was the only unit Ranulf couldn't smite after giving them to him.

2 minutes ago, ping said:

Anyway, that was my TED talk explaining why Mordecai is the best Laguz in the game. And before anyone brings up another big cat - he's four points lighter than Mordy.

RIP using Muarim as Smite bot.

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I was thinking about Haar. Haar was the only unit Ranulf couldn't smite after giving them to him.

Yeah, Haar is really fat, actually. Six points of extra con/weight compared to Jill.

...actually, how heavy is transformed Ranulf? The main site says +15 weight for both male and female cats, but that's not true for Lethe (who goes from 21 to 31).
(...)
Huh. According to the wiki, both cats gain +15 constitution, but less weight. +10 weight for female cats, +12 weight for male ones.That's... unnecessarily complicated. I don't think raw Con is used for any calculations.

Anyway, transformed Ranulf has... 36 weight. I think that's actually enough to smite anything that isn't a transformed tiger or named 'Haar'. Man, Statue Frag usefulness is really, really specific :lol:

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

>Sits down to write paper I’ve been procrastinating on

>Writes one and a half paragraphs

>Stops because I get the urge to listen to a trails theme. Don’t remember which one… I think it was Ruan’s theme?

>”Hey, wouldn’t it be cool if I made a playlist of good Trails music to listen do while I do this?”

>Spends over an hour compiling said playlist instead of being productive

And I didn’t even get to CS2 and CS3 or any of the super arranges outside the games’ OSTs

Relatable. Sometimes I have nightmares about being late for class or doing badly on assignments, even though I haven't been in school in almost three years.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I would like for Lumera to get a decent amount of screentime and characterization, but realistically she'll be usable for the tutorial. It's good that we aren't denied playable dragon mom this time, unlike in Three Houses.

River City Girls is a free game trial on NSO next week.

Alright, that's worth popping the free trial again.

7 minutes ago, ping said:

Yeah, Haar is really fat, actually. Six points of extra con/weight compared to Jill.

...actually, how heavy is transformed Ranulf? The main site says +15 weight for both male and female cats, but that's not true for Lethe (who goes from 21 to 31).
(...)
Huh. According to the wiki, both cats gain +15 constitution, but less weight. +10 weight for female cats, +12 weight for male ones.That's... unnecessarily complicated. I don't think raw Con is used for any calculations.

Anyway, transformed Ranulf has... 36 weight. I think that's actually enough to smite anything that isn't a transformed tiger or named 'Haar'. Man, Statue Frag usefulness is really, really specific :lol:

Really is huh.

PoR doesn't give me enough reason to always be shoving either, a shame.

11 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'd argue that's more because the leading ladies of FE tend to follow stereotypes of being the fragile, dumber, more helpless one compared to the strong leading male, and that is just lazy writing.

Forgot to respond to this but the criticism of them is less "why were they written this way" and more "bro x is such a dogshit character, she trusted the obviously evil character btw what is dramatic irony?"

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FhujmiyakAAf23X?format=jpg&name=large

It's a match.

My theory that she doesn't die frame 1 is starting to hold more water. Perhaps she's like the Black Knight in RD. An uber-powerful unit that doesn't stick around much for plot reasons.

Heck, Lumiere may not even stay dead forever. Perhaps in the final battle, we deus ex machina and bring her back to help against Sombron. 

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Each unit has a type.

For example, Celine has Mystical i think, so she ignores Terrain with Magic

Ivy has a Tamer type, so she doesn't

Or that's how i understood it

Yeah, classes are now more....categories, so to speak. Alfred and Celine are both Nobles but they operate vastly differently. Mystical units might be foot-locked magic users while those on mounts aren't. Makes sense from a balancing perspective.

Would also explain why we seemingly have single-weapon classes.

engage-emblem-ring-analysis-052.jpg

Goldmary is a Hero here. Promoted. Yet still only swords? 

If Engaging is what allows multi-weapon use, this this all clicks in.

Also as i was looking through the screenshots for this, i came across this

topic-26-byleth-x.jpg

Are those.....enemy Solm units? Possible coup within Solm? Timerra is extremely free spirited and also next in line to the throne so maybe the Solm conservatives didn't like that.

HEY WAIT, THAT ENEMY SOLM UNIT TO THE LEFT OF YUNAKA IS POISONED?! STATUS EFFECTS CONFIRMED?!

33 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

River City Girls is a free game trial on NSO next week.

Please play with a friend. River City Girls with one player is ass.

Edited by Armagon

Teehee,

https://preview.redd.it/f9j3hqgs8s2a1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=84f0d4f590db03c7d374df39f191eecbc495218d

Next trailer's soon. I am terrified of this Luigi.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Please play with a friend. River City Girls with one player is ass.

How come?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Would also explain why we seemingly have single-weapon classes.

Rosaro having both lances and axes is what's throwing me here, I have understood it with them emblems thus far.

How come?

Game is much more designed around the co-op.

Rosaro having both lances and axes is what's throwing me here, I have understood it with them emblems thus far.

engage-emblem-ring-analysis-006.jpg

Well back to the drawing board i go.

Edit: i'm an idiot, Celine had both swords and magic anyways.

Edited by Armagon

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

engage-emblem-ring-analysis-052.jpg

Brave Hero has always been such a better/cooler class name imo. Not relevant but wanted to mention it!

Also no Lucina footage besides seeing her Chibi is RIP.

Also some XC2 modding stuff:

Made Spike Defence a driver accessory instead of an Aux Core and set to 100% at base. This allows for a few more Aux Core ideas + making Spike simply not annoying af to deal with overall. 

Blue-Sky Pyra now gives 25% Physical/Ether Def. Not a % multiple, just a flat 25% boost in each. DLC equipment sucked overall before and now some is gained throughout the game as well (such as this one in Temperantia.)

1 hour ago, ping said:

I don't think raw Con is used for any calculations.

Technically there is exactly one place where raw Con is used in calculations in Path of Radiance, in determining if the Warrior and Berserker mastery skill Colossus can trigger, the user needs more raw Con than their opponent (on top of having a Skill% chance of proccing...all for a +STR/4 damage increase...).

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Are those.....enemy Solm units? Possible coup within Solm? Timerra is extremely free spirited and also next in line to the throne so maybe the Solm conservatives didn't like that.

Probably only the former, since Solm seems to have a long history of Enatic succession so that part would also be conservative.

Unless these are Agnatic hardliners.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I would like for Lumera to get a decent amount of screentime and characterization, but realistically she'll be usable for the tutorial. It's good that we aren't denied playable dragon mom this time, unlike in Three Houses.

Still, the fact that she's playable at all is interesting. Just last game they refused to let you have Jeralt for even five nanoseconds, because God forbid we risk the player wasting 10 experience on him, throwing a tantrum over it and refunding the game. Even in the two chapters where he appears as an NPC and could definitely have gotten the Echoes Mycen treatment, they just wouldn't allow it. The fact that she's confirmed to be playable in any capacity pleases me. It's a good sign.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FhujmiyakAAf23X?format=jpg&name=large

It's a match.

So it is.

My theory that she doesn't die frame 1 is starting to hold more water. Perhaps she's like the Black Knight in RD. An uber-powerful unit that doesn't stick around much for plot reasons.

Heck, Lumiere may not even stay dead forever. Perhaps in the final battle, we deus ex machina and bring her back to help against Sombron. 

I will be brutally honest with you: With her very obvious onscreen death that got paraded about in the trailer, I can only imagine dumb time traveling shenanigans being enough to save her.

And you know what? I'll take them. Better to have an interesting cast from Deus Ex Machinas than the trite "anime teens and Vandad" line-up that this is shaping up to be. Not that I hate all the non-Vandads, as I hope I've made clear at this point, but some more variety really wouldn't hurt, I think.

Alternatively, give me Ugly Old Man. C'mon, IntSys. I'm not asking for that much, I don't think. After Sombron spooks him, make him scurry over to Alear's side and rethink his entire life. Let me have him dammit. He looks like the cousin of one of my favorite villains in videogames period.

25 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Technically there is exactly one place where raw Con is used in calculations in Path of Radiance, in determining if the Warrior and Berserker mastery skill Colossus can trigger, the user needs more raw Con than their opponent (on top of having a Skill% chance of proccing...all for a +STR/4 damage increase...).

Tellius skills!

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Plot twist: They're poor peasants revolting against the oppressive monarchy. Turns out fun doesn't save a hungry family from starving to death.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're getting some mileage out of that screenshot

That and coming up with new nicknames for you, pft.

He was a decently tough opponent, as I recall.

I saw that first-hand, hahaha.

Good ol' Omori, wholesome as ever.

Such a nice game.

And you ain't even seen nothing yet.

I certainly look forward to it!

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That and coming up with new nicknames for you, pft.

Will look forward to more. And my plume. Dammit why won't anyone tell me where I left that plume.

Such a nice game.

Nice is a word to describe it, to be sure.

I certainly look forward to it!

Please do. It only gets better from here.