Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Iran can settle for a tie and advance.

Yup

Unless Wales wins. Which might be possible with the power of sheer hate towards the English xD

Heck, the hate might be enough for the impossible 4-0 win to kick out the english

USA needs a win

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Unless Wales wins. Which might be possible with the power of sheer hate towards the English xD

The spirit of Owain Glyndwr is going to be watching carefully. Maybe his ghost will show up on the field. Or maybe the specter of Edward I will stymie him. Who knows?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This is the thing that makes King Arthur wake from under the mountain.

Whose side is he on though?!?🤔

He is a Welsh boy in his earliest of mentions. But to say the English didn't adopt him would be an absurdity of the highest degree.

Arthur is best off looking on with regal impartiality from some VIP seats, with Guinevere right next to him, and no Lancelot in sight b/c the French have nothing to do with this!

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whose side is he on though?!?🤔

Yes.

He is a Welsh boy in his earliest of mentions. But to say the English didn't adopt him would be an absurdity of the highest degree.

Clearly, he's Romano-Britonnic.

Arthur is best off looking on with regal impartiality from some VIP seats, with Guinevere right next to him, and no Lancelot in sight b/c the French have nothing to do with this!

Classic British move there.

22 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

War in a couple hours

Seibah will protect them

Manual resize of wallpaper girl, room, romance, guy, hug, the saber, Shirou  Emiya, Fate stay night, Fate / Stay Night

29 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

if Brasil and Argentine face my money on Brasil tbh

Argentina beat Brazil with Neymar in the final of the last Copa America with the same team. Plus, it's one of the few teams not to shit their pants when they face Brazil.

Also, I really want Messi and Ronaldo in the final

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That aged so badly, heh.

I've only missed one so far!

10 hours ago, ping said:

It means "Sell me! Sell me please!". Since unlike in the GBA games (where +2 Con is awesome for classes like Peg Knights) weapon weight is mitigated by a character's strength, constitution/build is only used to determine if a character can rescue or shove another, so a Statue Frag is in practice just a less shiny gemstone.

I can't believe they added shove as a learned skill in later games and it's just as useless.

5 hours ago, ping said:

Quetzal picking normal difficulty, despite stemming from my poor communication skills, is shaping up, little by little, with every Str-less Ike level, to be a good call after all. I really don't agree with the decision to withhold {last chapter spoilers, you know what I mean} on hard mode.

Place your bets folks, will Ike gain at least 2 str level up before hitting 20?

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Oy vey

If it's any consolation, though, it's better than any of my Jills in this game.

I should just make Titania the main character at this point.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd be surprised if his Magic actually catches up eventually.

That would be incredibly funny.

1 hour ago, Green06 said:
Characters don't exist in a vacuum. That's why when the story is trash the characters are trash too.

But I do have some respect for BR!Corrin, since they choose to fight for what they think was right, even if put them against the only family they have ever known.

I don't know if I fully agree with that, the Corrin in Birthright and Revelations is all and all the same Corrin in Conquest, and those are much better stories, but it's a fair point to make.

1 hour ago, Green06 said:
Might makes right mentality. The Laguz can transform into beasts that can mow down any human in seconds. That's why I don't think PoR tackles the conflict in a good way.

It's the X-Men problem of "group that is expy for real discrimination is actually super dangerous and the people discriminating have real reasons to fear them."

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I can perhaps think of a way.

I think at this point it's been stated that Laguz rely more on their bodies than tools, unlike the Beorc. A way to explain why you don't see Laguz using swords, bows, and the like while un-transformed. Yet, as you may have seen in Gallia, they still have stuff like a castle. How was it built, if Laguz on principle don't make use of tools? Perhaps an enslaved Beorc workforce. In an era of Laguz arrogance, they consider such work as beneath them, so they have the Beorc do it.

It's just a guess of mine, since otherwise... yeah.

...So yeah, the Laguz were dicks.

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, sometimes, it is necessary in order to know just how to counter their points. Sadly, whether it's effective is another matter, but as long it can make at least one person change for the better, then it's worth it I'd say.

In my many debates with nazis on twitter, I don't think I've ever convinced someone they were wrong right then and there but I like to think my words seeped into them as they grew older, especially since most nazis on twitter are just 13 year olds who want to feel like they're apart of something.

That could be me just coping but hell, it's nice to believe your words mean something.

Well SF has a piece on the Emblem Celica trailer:

celica-twiiter-015-1024x576.jpg

While Pandoro is zooming along the map, the cursor briefly hovers over Rosado, who’s equipped with Emblem Leif. She’s a Level 20 (max) Wyvern Knight with a Silver Poleax+2, plus other lances and axes in her inventory.

You can see Leif’s Bond Level 10 equipment and skill icons. Interestingly, he allows Rosado to wield an axe and lance. When he’s a Lord or Prince, he’s sword locked. But it could be a reference to his Master Knight promotion in Genealogy of the Holy War. What will his last weapon be? Light Brand?

Who was wrong?

It's me, I was wrong.

Also, we've seen over 30 playable units at this rate have we? Sure seems that way.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I can't believe they added shove as a learned skill in later games and it's just as useless.

Shove is something you'll be using extensively in at least one chapter in PoR.

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

TIL why both third round matches are played simultaneously.

"El Comercio, the local newspaper, printed the match report in its crime section."

FIFA of course didn't punish either of them. How fitting.

Sports/10

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

My theory that she doesn't die frame 1 is starting to hold more water. Perhaps she's like the Black Knight in RD. An uber-powerful unit that doesn't stick around much for plot reasons.

Heck, Lumiere may not even stay dead forever. Perhaps in the final battle, we deus ex machina and bring her back to help against Sombron. 

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will be brutally honest with you: With her very obvious onscreen death that got paraded about in the trailer, I can only imagine dumb time traveling shenanigans being enough to save her.

Strictly speaking, we didn't see Lumera die yet. So maybe everyone just thinks she's dead and it turns out Sombron spared her to use as a minion or something. I want to hear about how she punched Sombron into submission 1000 years ago.

We also don't know if Veyle will be playable and she's probably a dragon, so she might fill the dragon quota instead.

4 hours ago, Green06 said:

For a moment I thought this was a "shittiest game" award. Would be fully deserved if it were

That's impossible, Call of Duty is an option.

4 hours ago, Green06 said:

Mutants are considered an evolution of the species, Homo Superior.

B-but evolution doesn't work that way...

If mutant evolution was realistic all the normal people would want their kids to have superpowers, because then they could impress potential mates with laser eyes and such.