Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I suppose this is where the Laguz only momentarily shifting comes to a disadvantage. Imagine a cat with a padded vest to protect itself. Or a tiger with leather, or even iron, barding.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5fmYNZE.png

...Neat.

dHgnjVm.png

I like Ike.

mWYKryJ.png

I was gonna make a joke about Ike's low strength and how he could never do something like that but Ike did crit and insta-killed at least two Laguz that battle so this checks out.

qOq15xF.png

He's gay, ma'am.

55OuL4I.png

Congratulations Ike, you are now 2 points lower than average rather than 3.

WyHzTED.png

L'arachel?

l7Oe7A4.png

A rare male Teehee.

Jd0xR14.png

Maybe I just need to position my fliers closer but damn, having a recruitable green unit get killed on the first enemy turn is brutal.

Xf3C7JK.png

She's dead, Gatrie.

qSAndF6.png

Well now that all the Boarc are dead and I just have the fairly easy Laguz to deal with, the rest of this chapter should be smooth.

...But there are those chests that I didn't notice with no thief to grab them.

...And I got a recruitable unit killed which also loses the other recruitable unit...

Ez9HEm9.png

Sigh alright time to reroll.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

...But there are those chests that I didn't notice with no thief to grab them.

...And I got a recruitable unit killed which also loses the other recruitable unit...

Ez9HEm9.png

Here's a good time to use shove by the way.

Astrid's also a low level unit, so your call on if you want to use her. She does have paragon at least.

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

...Neat.

They do have a use... but not in PoR.

I like Ike.

I mean, dumb mercenaries are also a thing... but yeah, pretty much.

I was gonna make a joke about Ike's low strength and how he could never do something like that but Ike didn't crit and insta-killed at least two Laguz that battle so this checks out.

Considering this is Aimee, it still works. XD

He's gay, ma'am.

The proto-Tharja.

Congratulations Ike, you are now 2 points lower than average rather than 3.

So not a full lost cause yet?

She's dead, Gatrie.

At least he's no Orson...

So all in all, a typical FE experience.

45 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Jd0xR14.png

Maybe I just need to position my fliers closer but damn, having a recruitable green unit get killed on the first enemy turn is brutal.

Ohhhh noooo! Also, this is a good time for Shove and Smite.

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I can't believe they added shove as a learned skill in later games and it's just as useless.

Funny you mention this just before the chapter it really shows its worth. I find having it on almost everyone makes it much more useful, but it is easy to forget about in the moment.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

5fmYNZE.png

...Neat.

If you save the coins, and transfer data over to the next game, those coins will have a less silly use.

WyHzTED.png

L'arachel?

Oh this little brat is completely different.

Jd0xR14.png

Yeah, you got a little unlucky, but there is also a method using smite and push to get Ike to recruit her on turn one. Fun fact, when I ironmanned Path of Radiance, I also lost Astrid turn one, as the first casualties I had was the BK bursting out of his house with Mordecai at the very edge of his range (also lost Ilyana, as she was close enough to Mordecai that she couldn't escape the BK's range either, but I digress), but without the ability to smite I couldn't get the 1 turn recruitment and lost her here too.

She is also very clearly the Est of this game, and a mounted archer, so she is mostly a meme pick on peoples teams, although I do kinda like her support with Sothe.

On Shedinja, I remember something about it being banned in Natdex, and it's because of Air Balloon + Electric Tera Type making it pretty much unkillable, especially if it came in via Shed Tail. While Terastalization is well short of Dynamax in terms of brokenness, it elevating Shedinja, of all things, to something that needed a QB is saying something.

I finally finished editing the video project i spent Thanksgiving Break working on (it's due tonight)

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sure, Spider-Man didn't ask to be bitten by the spider, but that still means anyone could've been bitten by it.

"Anybody could've been born with the power to levitate metal". Most Mutants are first-gen, and some don't even get their powers until later in life. It's 100% random. A very few select Mutants became Mutants after the fact (Wolverine, Deadpool).

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's just that the Laguz have for centuries revolved their culture of going against the Beorc in this aspect, but it's not borne out of what they can or can't do. They do not, not because they can't, but because they simply don't want to.

That but also if you have certain abilities built-in, you can just skip the middleman of technology. We humans built mechanisms to help us build structures but imagine hypothetically that we all had telekinesis. Building shit would be a lot faster.

So it's like the same thing with the Laguz. Sure, some of it is pride, but then at the same time Laguz don't need to invent wagons or carriages when they can just.....fly. Or outrun any human.

4 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

ok it be lookin real hype tho?

20221129_192205.jpg

This pic goes hard.

4 hours ago, Green06 said:

You'll be ready for this conversation when you play Genealogy

Ideally he just reads the manga instead.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Jd0xR14.png

No yeah, Astrid is kinda screwed frame 1 on this map. Gotta play around to get her to safety.

38 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

On Shedinja, I remember something about it being banned in Natdex, and it's because of Air Balloon + Electric Tera Type making it pretty much unkillable, especially if it came in via Shed Tail. While Terastalization is well short of Dynamax in terms of brokenness, it elevating Shedinja, of all things, to something that needed a QB is saying something.

SHEDINJA VIABLE

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"Anybody could've been born with the power to levitate metal". Most Mutants are first-gen, and some don't even get their powers until later in life. It's 100% random. A very few select Mutants became Mutants after the fact (Wolverine, Deadpool).

Again, it being random is not the norm for situations like Spider-Man's. For every Hulk who had their situation be an accident, there was a She-Hulk where it happened willingly and deliberately. Spider-Man's situation being random doesn't negate the fact that should the spider be put back in captivity, anyone could be free (not that they should, but again, it's what the general populace would most likely think) to be bitten next. Meanwhile, with mutants it's always 100% left to chance.

Not everyone is born with eye laser beams or metal manipulation or storm conjuring or adamantium bones... but everyone can let the spider bite them, or be bathed in gamma radiation, or wear the high-tech suit, or be injected with the super soldier serum, etc. And that's what, in people's minds, created a big enough distinction to divide the two groups.

It's basically a Could vs Can. Anyone could be born with vs Anyone can do that.

That but also if you have certain abilities built-in, you can just skip the middleman of technology. We humans built mechanisms to help us build structures but imagine hypothetically that we all had telekinesis. Building shit would be a lot faster.

So it's like the same thing with the Laguz. Sure, some of it is pride, but then at the same time Laguz don't need to invent wagons or carriages when they can just.....fly. Or outrun any human.

It's true some things the Laguz don't need... but then it will be specific to each tribe, and for everything else it's where they are choosing deliberately to not use them, until they can't anymore. Which is why Lethe begrudgingly praises the Beorc for creating knives, despite not liking them one bit still.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We humans built mechanisms to help us build structures but imagine hypothetically that we all had telekinesis. Building shit would be a lot faster.

Of course we would. With everyone having psychic powers, humanity could seamlessly operate as a hive mind, allowing for far greater coordination and management of all building projects. However, that one mega chunni with psychic powers "contaminates" the collective consciousness, and thus all artifice humanity thereafter constructs is laden with bombastic designs that the engineering cannot necessarily structurally support.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Of course we would. With everyone having psychic powers, humanity could seamlessly operate as a hive mind, allowing for far greater coordination and management of all building projects. However, that one mega chunni with psychic powers "contaminates" the collective consciousness, and thus all artifice humanity thereafter constructs is laden with bombastic designs that the engineering cannot necessarily structurally support.

Inb4 we go the Dwemer route.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I thought Est' were supposed to be potential units? How does Astrid qualify?

I'm guessing because of Paragon? But yeah, her growths aren't exactly Est Archetype potential. She also probably joins still a bit too early to qualify as well.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

She comes too early to be an Est IMO, not like PoR has a lategame unpromoted unit 100% worthy of the Est title though. This said, Astrid's stats turn out fine in PoR, if on the fragile side for a paladin. Getting a melee weapon on promotion also does wonders for her.

Hmm. I want to keep watching Classic Doctor Who but i hit a roadblock in the Third Doctor's second story, as in i can't find part 2. BritBox has the entire Classic series (well what's intact anyways) and is offering a special discount of the first two months for $2.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm fine. I'll pay up. Because the alternative is torrenting non-existing seeds and that's a lot of episodes.

22 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It is a bit debatable, but she is a level 1 unit at a point where that is rather low, that comes with Paragon and a Pony in a horse emblem game, which is a lot of potential to her right there, and she comes with the Knight Ward already equipped to her. Her growthrates might not be the best, but Path of Radiance consistently gives higher growth to all of its prepromotes (and units that simply can't promote) with the expectation that higher number of levels unpromoted units can get results in higher average stats anyway (personally I find this logic kinda off, but it does seem to be the trend for this game).

9 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I can't believe they added shove as a learned skill in later games and it's just as useless.

It's useful there. With everyone not on a horse having free access to it, it opens up all kinds of options.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Jd0xR14.png

Like getting Ike to Astrid on turn 1, for example.

Not to mention there is it's bigger brother Smite.

Also if a unit gets put to sleep, shoving them will reduce the sleep counter by 1.

So, I finished Live a Live. It’s a pretty neat little JRPG, I’d recommend it if the concept intrigues you. And if Akira’s story intrigues you… I’m sorry.

Spoiler

I’m pretty sure I got the best ending, I said “Nah!” after fighting Odio and Oersted gave me the dialogue choice, although I did Google the correct choice to make there because I had no idea what it was asking courtesy of the old English. Then all the protagonists united in the boss statue room and I was scared because I thought the game was gonna make me fight all those bosses again, and it did, but either they were way weaker or my characters being stronger helped with them, or both, because I obliterated all of them. Then fought the final boss and you know, ending time. Odio’s plan kinda makes no sense, he summons all the protags to his domain to do… what, exactly? If you leave the room after talking to him instead of fighting him he says this is his domain and you can’t run, so why not just… kill them all before they get their bearings and unite?

Also I like how if you bring Pogo to the final boss Odio talks to him like he understands English and he just grunts and jumps up and down to say yes like he understands… I wonder what’s going through Pogo’s head for this whole chapter while all these other people and a robot drag him up a mountain and start beating the shit out of hate incarnate. Eh, it’s probably just Beru. (My “final team” (even though the game makes you use all the characters in the good ending) was Masaru, Yun, Pogo, and Cube).

The final chapter was a little disappointingly short if you don’t do the character shrines, which aren’t that interesting anyway (other than maybe Cube’s), but I guess the cast didn’t have a whole lot to do other than beat up Satan. These stories weren’t super connected in every aspect like in some other games with multiple stories, they just have the common theme of hate linking them all together. Being able to strike down Odio with Oersted was cool as hell though.

Although because the final chapter didn’t have a ton to it, I kinda agree with Ruben that going back to all the boss fights as the bosses is peak Live a Live.

Okay, reached Otherworld, and still feeling like I could do it, I

Spoiler

Fought that optional battle with Pluto.

I managed, though had to use a Life Jam. I basically made him Sad, Aubrey Angry, and Headbutt away, with Hero healing her as needed.

Certainly doable at this point unlike Kite Kid, but perhaps I could've waited a little for a level or two. Ah well, he's beaten regardless.

Welp, time to explore now.

Okay, will go explore Otherworld a bit before actually visiting the space pirates, sadly I know I won't meet Captain Harlock, but that's for next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt