Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

And it's not hard to see that AfD is not as it says it is too, which makes the pretending performance for the sake of it in the end.

That's why I wonder if these 25 are the actual limit, must be pretty deep in your ass to think that this plan works with this few involved in the planning stage and just assuming people will come on board who've heard nothing about it before they strike. And how do they plan on doing that?

The Reichsbürger scene is obviously bigger than 25  50 - Wikipedia says around 20000 people, 1000 of them right-wing extremists - so my first guess is that they saw their echo chamber and thought that it's representative for the overall population. They were definitely appealing to this group, even with a fucking "prince" as the planned regent. Most Reichsbürger believe that that the Kaiserreich is still legally in effect, so gathering around a "noble" would probably makes sense to them.

Correction, by the way - 25 people were arrested, around 50 are accused to be part of the terror cell.

I don't want to belittle this, of course, an armed extremist group of that size is obviously fucking dangerous, but I'm not worried that the German state is about to be toppled by them.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I refuse to wear contacts btw.

Same. The eyedea of putting a thin pieces of plastic directly on my corneas is not very appealing, and I shudder at some people have their contacts accident slide around to somewhere else on the eyeball.

Having had an eye exam a few days ago, the worse thing about those is the "puff of air in the eyes" test. I've skipped that for years😆, it's to me what shots are to others, something that, though but a brief moment of discomfort, nonetheless triggers a strong aversion in me.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Just started playing Tales of Symphonia again! Havent revisited it in quite some time and figured it was high past time.

As I've said before, it was one of my first big non-Nintendo JRPGs. I know it hasn't aged the best, but it'll forever have a deep subjective nostalgia factor for me.

30 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Mario kart

Speaking of Mario Kart...

Imagine playing it in one of these.😄 One of Sega's old arcade inventions.

An attendant was supposed to be standing next to thing with the red light on it, just in case.

11 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

inb4 mobile game

....the possibility isn't zero.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Same. The eyedea of putting a thin pieces of plastic directly on my corneas is not very appealing, and I shudder at some people have their contacts accident slide around to somewhere else on the eyeball.

There are those commercials that are like "don't wear glasses, wear contacts instead" and i'm like "fuck no".

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Guys, help me out here. I cannot come up with a justification for Edelgard to beat Seliph.

Screenshot_2022-12-07-17-12-59-89_e44242

Screenshot_2022-12-07-17-11-52-41_e44242

Seliph is a dude and thus loses against the girl, because that is the rule in this anime of a world.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Forest restored and all that, but then that's why we dwell Far from the Forest.

What so if Teehee is "Far From the Forest" where is it exactly? We in Begnion? Crimea? Goddamn Almyra?

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Ah now, that was the efforts of Reyson and Leanne.

it was kind of unclear to be honest, though I guess that's the point.

Though a people doing all they can to improve their lives while the folks in power hand wave moral support is the height of realism in this game.

Reservation roadshow would certainly be an event if it were to happen. Can't think of any visit to one by a sitting Pres and sure, 4 of those years would definitely not happen but I feel like it not happening even once is a bit telling.

I remember hearing this story of a mayor in my state intentionally going homeless for a few days in the city to better understand the homeless situation and why shelters weren't working. Imagine if a president did even just the bare minimal of that and visited a reservation, or even just a black neighborhood for a single day.

Confirms it's the same here

Fuck sake.

Just in case anybody is curious.

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not bad. You're going to keep this game close at heart, I tell you.

That I'm sure of.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Guys, help me out here. I cannot come up with a justification for Edelgard to beat Seliph.

I could throw hands at Seliph anytime.

I don't even know who Seliph is.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Seliph is a dude and thus loses against the girl, because that is the rule in this anime of a world.

KI3D27Y.jpg

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She has a personality

Also she's the Flame emperor

ya know

Edited by Imperator Squilla

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE4 spoilers, for those living under a rock

Spoiler

Sigurd is participating in the tournament, which means that he's still alive, probably, which means that Seliph at this point of the timeline is still a little baby.

I kinda miss Edelgard wars. They were quite tame compared to certain other discourses.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You came up mental gymnastics to justify Caeda beating Seliph. This should be easy

She could chop his head off. It's a pretty big target, with how massive his forehead is.

Assuming she has something she can chop with. Does she still use axes after the timeskip? The art in Smash Bros has her with a staff. Or maybe a weird bone mace.

Switch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_E3_artwork_

20 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

What so if Teehee is "Far From the Forest" where is it exactly? We in Begnion? Crimea? Goddamn Almyra?

We're Far From the Forest, simply as that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

16 minutes ago, Green06 said:

kinda miss Edelgard wars. They were quite tame compared to certain other discourses

Three Houses fans arguing which character was less of a war criminal than the other.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

24 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I could throw hands at Seliph anytime.

I don't even know who Seliph is.

21 minutes ago, ping said:

FE4 spoilers, for those living under a rock

Hide contents

Sigurd is participating in the tournament, which means that he's still alive, probably, which means that Seliph at this point of the timeline is still a little baby.

11 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

She could chop his head off. It's a pretty big target, with how massive his forehead is.

Excellent suggestions, all of these. Thank you. Went with Ping's, but I like them all.

Assuming she has something she can chop with. Does she still use axes after the timeskip? The art in Smash Bros has her with a staff. Or maybe a weird bone mace.

Switch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_E3_artwork_

Hah! Yeah, no, that's her axe. Three Houses's bone weapons were pretty funky-looking.

20 minutes ago, Green06 said:

I kinda miss Edelgard wars. They were quite tame compared to certain other discourses.

Here in Serenes it seems pretty civil. Occasionally someone will go "I don't like the designs", but c'mon, people should be allowed to express their opinions if they're being chill about it.

Still, I can't really see any toxicity here. Did you venture out into the subreddit? Or worse-- Mekkah's channel.

You came up mental gymnastics to justify Caeda beating Seliph. This should be easy

Hah! "Mental gymnastics," he says. As if any of it has been anything more than bad jokes with little regard for serious logic. I mean, c'mon, I headcannoned Garon into heading FIFA just so I could use him as the justification for all of Corrin's matches!

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

We're Far from the Forest, simply as that.

Fateslandia, Kingdom of Nohr, Windmire, Castle Krakenburg, Throne Room, to be specific.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

A world whatever deity there is doesn't want to be found.

9 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Though a people doing all they can to improve their lives while the folks in power hand wave moral support is the height of realism in this game.

I find it hard to be that hard on the literal 10 year old here.

9 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I remember hearing this story of a mayor in my state intentionally going homeless for a few days in the city to better understand the homeless situation and why shelters weren't working. Imagine if a president did even just the bare minimal of that and visited a reservation, or even just a black neighborhood for a single day.

I feel like such opportunities should be taken more often.

Sadly we didn't see much of that here either. And for all that our president is a pretty decent man and one who's had his moments outside of office, I can see someone criticising them as "getting political" in what is treated on paper as an office that's above politics; arguably a poor way of putting things, but then again we've seen a president actually be forced to resign over getting involved. The seniority of the current guy is probably not helping matters in terms of expecting him to be heading out that often, but if you feel that way you should have seen every other mainline candidate both times he ran.

I wonder if I should Edelgardify my other social media accounts...

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Sadly we didn't see much of that here either. And for all that our president is a pretty decent man and one who's had his moments outside of office, I can see someone criticising them as "getting political" in what is treated on paper as an office that's above politics; arguably a poor way of putting things, but then again we've seen a president actually be forced to resign over getting involved. The seniority of the current guy is probably not helping matters in terms of expecting him to be heading out that often, but if you feel that way you should have seen every other mainline candidate both times he ran.

I hear it's the Taoiseach that does most of the work across the country which makes me wonder what the President actually does.

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I find it hard to be that hard on the literal 10 year old here.

Fair enough.

10 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

They are so chill, they go harass the artist Ü

Well, that's terrible. I had no idea, though in all honesty I should've seen it coming. Fandoms always have to have that one vocal minority of shitty assholes throwing stones over the flimsiest perceived slights, don't they?

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

I wonder if I should Edelgardify my other social media accounts...

Damn, she really got to you, didn't she?

Wait, hold up a moment-- There's a tidbit of today's character reveal I missed.

Fogato is Timerra's younger brother.

...The fuck? How old is Timerra? She looks 18 at most. Secret 26 year old? Is this going to be the greatest anime game ever made, where the tropes are truly subverted? Are we going to get a 2 year old dragon that looks 97?

Ah who am I kidding, the truth is more likely to be that he is 12.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that's terrible. I had no idea, though in all honesty I should've seen it coming. Fandoms always have to have that one vocal minority of shitty assholes throwing stones over the flimsiest perceived slights, don't they?

The Engage design discussions are worse than Edelgard discourse and the game ain't even out yet.

From "Hidaki better" to "Generic" to "Too anime" to "Sexualization" to "pedo bait" you got it all.

Edited by Imperator Squilla