• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, hold up a moment-- There's a tidbit of today's character reveal I missed.

Fogato is Timerra's younger brother.

...The fuck? How old is Timerra? She looks 18 at most. Secret 26 year old? Is this going to be the greatest anime game ever made, where the tropes are truly subverted? Are we going to get a 2 year old dragon that looks 97?

Ah who am I kidding, the truth is more likely to be that he is 12.

I mean, it doesn't even need to be an anime thing.

Some people are just shorter/taller than average. Behavior isn't always a measurement of age. There are many cases where the younger sibling is the taller one (can vouch for that with my own younger brother). Etc.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There are many cases where the younger sibling is the taller one (can vouch for that with my own younger brother). Etc

I literally know twins where the guy that was born first looks younger than his brother.

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

The Engage design discussions are as bad as Edelgard discourse and the game ain't even out yet.

From "Hidaki better" to "Generic" to "Too anime" to "Sexualization" to "pedo bait" you got it all.

Okay but like, let me dislike the designs dammit, what did I ever do to you

I guess I'm lucky I don't really go into any FE communities outside of Serenes, then. However, I stand by what I said, and I'll repeat it: Reading the Engage threads we got going here at Serenes, they are all civil. I do not deny that what you describe is going on outside, but I don't see it here. Besides, I literally said this myself in the part of my earlier post that you went out of your way not to quote lol

...I must say though, even I don't see the pedo bait here. The artstyle makes everyone look younger than they're probably intended to be on average, but the more overtly sexualized characters all look distinctly more mature. Which, given the track record of this series, is pretty nice. Heck, is this Three Houses fans whining about it? Three Houses had Sothis, for crying out loud, they've no right to complain if they were defending that.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, it doesn't even need to be an anime thing.

Some people are just shorter/taller than average. Behavior isn't always a measurement of age. There are many cases where the younger sibling is the taller one (can vouch for that with my own younger brother). Etc.

Yeah, fair enough. Though it's funny you bring up behavior, because Fogato's bio claims since he's not the heir to the crown, he's more carefree and easy-going than Timerra. Kinda goes against your argument there hahaha.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Three Houses fans arguing which character was less of a war criminal than the other.

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's just not Fire Emblem without some anachronistic war crimes.

Tbf, fans arguing about war crimes are part of the Edelgard discourse

51 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Engage art design stalin comparisons when

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Here in Serenes it seems pretty civil. Occasionally someone will go "I don't like the designs", but c'mon, people should be allowed to express their opinions if they're being chill about it.

Still, I can't really see any toxicity here. Did you venture out into the subreddit? Or worse-- Mekkah's channel.

This was not even about FE btw, but something completely unrelated

Just wanted to get this off my chest before I respond to another fanboy

Just now, Green06 said:

Just wanted to get this off my chest before I respond to another fanboy

Ah.

Well. I would wish you good luck, but knowing you, I'd probably agree with the other guy, so...

I mean, when it comes to behavior, i am the oldest brother, yet people generally see me as pretty chill and easy going

ALTHOUGH

I was seen as too serious when i was younger lol.

Will never forget a certain situation.

A friend of mine asked me: "Why are you always so serious? Fun where?"

A few years later, same friend: "Man that Shrimpy never takes anything seriously" lmao

Somewhere down the line i stopped giving a fuck or something

5 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Falcom isn't it.

Escape before it destroys your life

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I literally know twins where the guy that was born first looks younger than his brother.

I take it they were fraternal, and not the identical kind? Or were they?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, fair enough. Though it's funny you bring up behavior, because Fogato's bio claims since he's not the heir to the crown, he's more carefree and easy-going than Timerra. Kinda goes against your argument there hahaha.

It was more on the "18 or 26" comment.

3 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Tbf, fans arguing about war crimes are part of the Edelgard discourse

Admittedly, it's kinda inevitable there, considering her Robespierre-ism.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damn, she really got to you, didn't she?

Heheh. She's become a part of my identity on the forums, I've had her for so long it's hard to remember a time when she wasn't around, and it's a character where the only thing I know about them is that they don't like the church for some reason.

Man, Crimson Flower is gonna be weird.

7 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

A few years later, same friend: "Man that Shrimpy never takes anything seriously" lmao

That line is funny, it makes me think you actually are called Shrimpy.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It was more on the "18 or 26" comment.

Yeah, of course, I just thought it was a funny coincidence.

Anyway, give me a break here guys, I'm a single child. I don't know what a siblings is.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Heheh. She's become a part of my identity on the forums, I've had her for so long it's hard to remember a time when she wasn't around, and it's a character where the only thing I know about them is that they don't like the church for some reason.

Man, Crimson Flower is gonna be weird.

I look forward to it.

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

Youtube is weird man

Watching football videos -> Rec's me Waka Wake -> listens because i am kinda in the mood for it -> Whole Feed is filled with Shakira

K

Right? Sometimes it recommends me anime. It's such a dumb algorithm, this algorithm.

That line is funny, it makes me think you actually are called Shrimpy

Even tho i have been called a giant before irl and never Shrimpy XD

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right? Sometimes it recommends me anime. It's such a dumb algorithm, this algorithm.

Ofc you're the most anime of all of us, Tsunderubina

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

I hear it's the Taoiseach that does most of the work across the country which makes me wonder what the President actually does.

Let's cover the main tasks.

Alright, so An Taoiseach is the equivalent of a PM here. As head of government in a bicameral system where chances are you have the majority in both houses, you can obviously point out the power that has. (We're in an exceptional period here where who is Taoiseach will change in the middle of a term in a few weeks between parties for the first time.) But when it comes to legislation, you of course have a process, from drafting, reading through and voting across both houses of parliament.

The President (An Uachtarán) comes into this story after a bill has been approved by both houses. They take a read through it, assess it's constitutionality (which while you'd think all bills would deal with that, obviously sometimes that doesn't happen) and approves or rejects said bill on that basis. If it's approved, that's now law. If not, it has to go to the supreme court here to go over and can end up sent back to have revisions or be struck down if they really are fucking around.

There's also the power vested in the office to approve the appointment of said Taoiseach, cabinet and judges (Sounds familiar eh?) and having the power to dissolve the Dáil and call for elections. Usually those happen pretty normally, at start or end of terms/Taoiseachs and go by as you'd expect them to. Note that just because they are expected to doesn't mean they have to approve it, though this hasn't happened and I doubt will unless something smelly and brown hit the fan. Closest it came was in the 80's where the then president resisted calls to refuse dissolving the Dáil from opposition (for some context, the party he was part of were in opposition and asking him to refuse to dissolve it, aiming to form a government themselves with the numbers they had).

The president here is also considered head of the defence forces here, which is a pretty formal position that doesn't result in much of any actual commanding but unless you're in active conflict or using it for concerning reasons that's generally the case anyway. And of course as a head of state he's a representative of the state, visiting and receiving people, but that's kinda obvious.

I do say he a couple of times here, which is accurate right now. Course if his successor isn't change pronouns here as appropriate.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fogato is Timerra's younger brother.

...The fuck? How old is Timerra? She looks 18 at most. Secret 26 year old? Is this going to be the greatest anime game ever made, where the tropes are truly subverted? Are we going to get a 2 year old dragon that looks 97?

You do not know some of the 18 year olds I did.

That being said, he's likely younger by a year or so I'd bet.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There are many cases where the younger sibling is the taller one (can vouch for that with my own younger brother)

Me and mine are exactly this too, I'm the tallest and the eldest is definitely not close in height.

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Watching football videos -> Rec's me Waka Wake -> listens because i am kinda in the mood for it -> Whole Feed is filled with Shakira

NOT THAT TRACK AGAIN

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There it is, the fount of all anime

3 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Even tho i have been called a giant before irl and never Shrimpy XD

I mean, I've never been called a saint before. I have been called a giant, though.

...someone did call me Rubenio once. Complete coincidence. It sent me for a loop. Not that it's the most imaginative of nicknames, but still, it was weird.

Ofc you're the most anime of all of us, Tsunderubina

Don't you start. You want me to assert my anime hate by hating on Engage's designs except Vandad? Because I totally will hate on Engage's designs except Vandad. Watch your typing.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Saint Rubanimeo

Oh please. At least have the decency not to finish the name on "ni meo"...

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

There it is, the fount of all anime

psl-fire.gif

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, if that's the first thing that comes to your mind...

Ruberwick

To return to the work rant for a bit:

The thing that fucks me the most is that i have to sleep when i am most energetic. I usually finsh work 17-18, and after it i am dead tired, as i am during most of the workday anyway.

I start to wake up a bit before midnight...where i need to sleep so i can wake up to morning torture again.

It's close to 1 am now and i feel more energetic than the whole of the day, yet i gotta wake up in ~6.5 hours. Bleh

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You want me to assert my anime hate by hating on Engage's designs except Vandad?

You gotta accept the whole package

Edited by Imperator Squilla

The music in the Hortensia and Fogato combat videos? I am curious how that goes, I think I like that one already.

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

When you fall get up, oh, oh

I am now curious what the issue is here.

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

It's close to 1 am now and i feel more energetic than the whole of the day, yet i gotta wake up in ~6.5 hours. Bleh

Shoot, I just realised how late it is here. Probably should sleep then.