Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ermm

You 100% should

No reason to promote late in this game, as internal level doesn't increase with promotion

Huh. Well.

I’m wondering if I’ll run the risk of getting max level at the end of the game but with this exp… probably not. And it probably doesn’t matter, but it’s a force of habit to wait because of those extra levels.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Huh. Well.

I’m wondering if I’ll run the risk of getting max level at the end of the game but with this exp… probably not. And it probably doesn’t matter, but it’s a force of habit to wait because of those extra levels.

You can second seal ala awakening to lvl1 if you max lvl, although exp gain will be super low ofc

You know, now that I think about it, if the emblems “remember” what happened in their world it’s kinda weird that all three 3H lords share a ring. Because even though it’s from the academy phase, so presumably no war, Edelgard would still have had to have been plotting to go to war against the other two and be fully aware that she at least somewhat ideologically opposes them. I guess they just play uno in their ring and forget about their issues.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You can second seal ala awakening to lvl1 if you max lvl, although exp gain will be super low ofc

Thanks for the tidbit.

I wonder how many master seals I’ve accumulated.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm saving the lower level paralogues for that lol. Probably will start working through them once I get the team mom.

Woa easy with the spoiler

I used lower level paralogue to train underlevel char like Etie. Much easier than skirmish heh

2 hours ago, ping said:

I've noticed this evening that Zoran has started an Engage playthrough as a stream, which seems like a good way to see what the game it's all about. I've watched roughly two hours, which brought him to the end of ch.3. First impression: ...kinda tacky, isn't it? The main character being a super mega ultra sweet-ass special Divine Dragon that every other character thus far literally worships is very off-putting to me, so that sours my initial view on the game.

Reveal hidden contents

It's also remarkable that Ma Dragon's death manages to carry even less weight than the Fates equivalent, even though the acting is really selling it. But Alear's mom going through introduction, setting up all the "I'm about to die" story flags (plus some "You're adopted" flags for good measure), and then dying within two chapters really speedruns the fridging process.

Design-wise - male Alear honestly looks fine, funky hair notwithstanding. I think that the anime fashion trend of individual pockets for the left and the right boob is bloody stupid, which puts female Alear down one or two tiers in my nonexistant character design tier list. Vandad is very cool, I kinda like the axe fighter's "hulk with a baby face" look, the other designs I don't have any strong opinions on.

TBF, i really hate this too at first before release, until i play it myself

its not as bad as previous worship IMO, because Alear is fully voiced and has "Chill  dude, go easy with the praising" reaction  and also them coming from a literal divine dragon also makes them deserve some worship. 

even in almost every other FE, divine dragon are worshipped to some extent due to their power. In alear case its like getting famous because they happen to be born in royal family at first

‐-----

I stopped seeing  stream anymore because many of them skipped little stuff that can add to the enjoyment. For example, attacking certain boss with certain char not just alear can gives you dialogue. Not one but sometimes several character for one boss too. The dialogue even go as far as 3+ voiced lines sentence, Its adds more to the characterization and relationship. But nah... these streamer dont bother even tho its obvious such thing exist, for whatever reasons

One of reason why i said its kinda sad some just rush play because its to reach quota/target of the day

Edited by joevar

Who needs Fire Emblem Engage when you have the infuriatingly written Three Houses.

RwSSF5s.jpg

With special guest star, mildly sad Byleth.

kJ3Tbch.jpg

Yet

3H portraits — Claude - Post timeskip[[MORE]]

K4kE3gj.jpg

I do really appreciate how casually gay Dorothea is.

a9JSvYx.jpg

This is the most agency Byleth will have as well as the most engaged she will be in the story throughout the entire rest of the game and because of that, this part feels extremely out of character.

avFUoUx.jpgPJ3GwoV.jpg

I'll admit, I do like that he went this approach even if it was more to gain the approval of some girl than to understand the commoner lifestyle.

3BOl5bQ.jpg

All these vibrant hair colors make them look like a power rangers team.

jG37W0T.jpgRHqaCtB.jpg

So anyone care to explain why a character with less than 10 lines of dialogue that is essentially a throw away boss was portrayed as a raging Edelgardsexual in Heroes?

J8mIzj9.jpg

That is honestly the perfect way to describe Byleth.

A8hOGAh.jpg

I'd post screenshots of it on a forum website along with my petty nit-picking.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You know, now that I think about it, if the emblems “remember” what happened in their world it’s kinda weird that all three 3H lords share a ring. Because even though it’s from the academy phase, so presumably no war, Edelgard would still have had to have been plotting to go to war against the other two and be fully aware that she at least somewhat ideologically opposes them. I guess they just play uno in their ring and forget about their issues.

I mean, after enough time, it becomes so inconsequential. More so if it turns out it's a one-way route in becoming an Emblem. So even if they were to find their way back to their Fodlan somehow... it's still futile to do much when they'll remain together in the Bracelet anyway.

7 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Who needs Fire Emblem Engage when you have the infuriatingly written Three Houses.

Not like Engage doesn't have its moment, pft.

Still, I can't speak yet for TH since I don't have it yet, but with Engage I've had lots of fun... which, to me at least, is ultimately what I seek in a game. It's a game, so basically enjoyment.

Yet

3H portraits — Claude - Post timeskip[[MORE]]

I guess it does have its fans, but I'm more of a ClaudexHilda shipper myself.

All these vibrant hair colors make them look like a power rangers team.

Not yet until we see the mecha.

So anyone care to explain why a character with less than 10 lines of dialogue that is essentially a throw away boss was portrayed as a raging Edelgardsexual in Heroes?

You want spoilers? Because the Monica in Heroes...

Spoiler

Is not the Monica you see in Three Houses, who was actually Kronya impersonating Monica. Heroes!Monica is the Three Hopes Monica, who is the real deal, and develops a worshipping complex to Edelgard due to being the one who rescued her before she was killed and replaced by Kronya there. Or at least, Edelgard played a big role in her rescue, from what I recall.

That is honestly the perfect way to describe Byleth.

Talk of rolling boulders reminds me of Grommel, pft.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I can't believe King Hyacinth is a Lyn fanboy. Ivy and Hortensia will defect when they learn that she's 15 in the Japanese version.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I heard that Second Seals can reset units back to level 1 once they reach max level, so there's no reason not to promote immediately if that's true.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Now I'm wondering, what even are the Emblems? Are they ghosts? Are they copies of some kind? (The Emblems are basically cameos so I doubt those questions will be answered by the plot.) It's not like Edelgard can start a war while inside her bracelet, so there's no use getting worked up about it.

LETS FUCKING GOOOOO

Anyway, guys… I’m hesitating to promote. Why will I not just do it? I just can’t bring myself to when the level isn’t 20. But I really should.

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, after enough time, it becomes so inconsequential. More so if it turns out it's a one-way route in becoming an Emblem. So even if they were to find their way back to their Fodlan somehow... it's still futile to do much when they'll remain together in the Bracelet anyway.

Yeah, but would you want to be stuck in a ring with two people you disagree with on major issues and see as immoral for 1000+ years? It doesn’t seem like something Edelgard would forget.

Claude I could absolutely see doing so though.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I heard that Second Seals can reset units back to level 1 once they reach max level, so there's no reason not to promote immediately if that's true.

Yes but my money, my levels, my…

Why am I not promoting?

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Now I'm wondering, what even are the Emblems? Are they ghosts? Are they copies of some kind? (The Emblems are basically cameos so I doubt those questions will be answered by the plot.) It's not like Edelgard can start a war while inside her bracelet, so there's no use getting worked up about it.

They’re the power of friendship

19 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Well, we know Sigurd remembers dying, so there's that.

Still, I kinda know already, MAYBE, considering what I know about the lategame... but I won't say more for now.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, but would you want to be stuck in a ring with two people you disagree with on major issues and see as immoral for 1000+ years? It doesn’t seem like something Edelgard would forget.

Claude I could absolutely see doing so though.

I mean, they say time heals all wound. Specially when they can't even tune each other out. So yes, with enough time, the Emblem trio will find a way to patch their differences one way or another, since it's not like they can ignore each other or leave.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, they say time heals all wound. Specially when they can't even tune each other out. So yes, with enough time, the Emblem trio will find a way to patch their differences one way or another, since it's not like they can ignore each other or leave.

I just find it funny to imagine. We need a one-shot of the three of them coming to terms in the ring. Or a long running sitcom.

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Finally, the golden route.

gsdx-20230124163707.png

They don't say it, but Lita's reaction make it obvious this recorded hologram is the titular Iris.

gsdx-20230124213849.png

This boss was unfair. Admittedly, maybe I should've gone shopping and put consideration into the accessories I bring, and maybe I should've actually forged some of those weapon crystals for once. But still, one two-turn attack and everyone is on death's door. This gem-guarding giant goon (likely created by Iris) could OHKO Lita and Norn at full health, ridiculous. I lost... 3 times I think? Once it got low on health, it started strongly healing itself with no limits, whilst being fast enough to slip enough attacks to kill me nonetheless. Klein struggled keep up on the healing, even with a +Spd accessory & Mana equipped.

I managed to eek out a victory, I chucked by lone Mark of Weakness at this at the start of the fight, the debuff seriously amped up my damage output combined with Arlin's Double (actually a triple-hit attack). I need to farm the necessary Elements and gifts to keep the relevant Manas happy for more of these, plus Heal Blubs (which I often had Klein use with Delay when the boss used its delayed-damage Spark attack) -finally a Mana Item that heals that isn't the Cure Jar (and which I can actually make, unlike Elixirs). When the battle was over, Klein, Delsus and Arlin all gained two levels each, and here I thought I was if anything a little overleveled.

I wouldn't have been able to make those Heal Bulbs, were it not for me trying to leave this dungeon to head back to town to see if I could rearm myself better. As I was trying to leave, I noticed something I didn't catch before.:

gsdx-20230124215717.png

Milady, you took a wrong turn at PS2, Shin Megami Tensei is thataway.

gsdx-20230124215830.png

Why does the round red thing look bigger with the sprite than the portrait?

Anyhow, seventh Mana get. Half are now mine.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Finally, the golden route.

I think I mentioned this before, but long before that I had come up with a fanfic idea where Byleth (or more like Sothis) does that to Edelgard and Rhea, pretty much. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Unless I’m missing something, it looks like you don’t gain support in Tempest Trials.

No, say it isn't true.

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

13 Sentinels (Juro's route) 

And now you have seen peak

Spoiler

That twist was so genuinely great, every aspect of the game is so expertly connected.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So

Umm

What's so bad about ch15?

Aside from being a complete and utter roflstomp?

Hallway simulator.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

gsdx-20230124215717.png

Milady, you took a wrong turn at PS2, Shin Megami Tensei is thataway.

And this is the most revealing character i've seen for the entire series.

Edited by Armagon

noooooooooooooo. I only realize Yunaka already death one chapter later... RIP 2nd best girl. im focusing too much on training 3rd best girl in Ch.15 i didnt notice Yunaka somehow died by in the corner of the map due to reinforcement, just like a true silent covert operatives she is. XD

and closest backup saves was 2 chapter prior that. to backtrack or not... ugh dilemma

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

might as well become chummy again since every emblem implied they know they already death in their home world anyway, not much lingering attachment. keeping grudges after all three becoming spirit-like would be so petty even for edelgard i guess lol

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So

Umm

What's so bad about ch15?

Aside from being a complete and utter roflstomp?

Enemies on this map have Thracia quality or something

Yeah I didn't think it was all that. A little annoying moving through all those narrow corridors, but well, they aren't even that narrow. Thracia 11x this ain't.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

20230125_011823.jpg

#TeaTime

I gotta share my Etie's stats when I get home. I realize I've only shared her abs. Which, admittedly, is a grand enough thing on its own.

...Corn might be the reason i could reclass Alear back to Dragon

Because wow.

Like I said. There really is no argument to have any Emblem other than Corrin on Alear after you get her.

...of course, having reclassed Alear, your situation is a bit... Different.

Also, guys, give Framme a Flashing Fist +5

14 Mt + Brave + 5 Spd at the cost of DEF/RES -5 is amazing tbh

Too late, done that.

It is pretty nice. Though, to be honest, I've been using her for combat less than I'd like. Been healing away most of her time.

5 hours ago, joevar said:

Woa easy with the spoiler

OOF

Sorry, I'm just so excited to get there.

5 hours ago, joevar said:

I used lower level paralogue to train underlevel char like Etie. Much easier than skirmish heh

Skirmishes cannot be used to train anyone lol, you fend for your life in them.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

You want me to answer that, Quetzal? Do you?

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

They needed her boobs for the gacha moneys, but then they realized she has no character, so they improvised.

I'm assuming you're talking about Kronya herself, at least. I don't know how she is portrayed in Heroes. I just know it's very silly that a throwaway boss like her got in without even needing to get meme'd to the top of CyL.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not like Engage doesn't have its moment, pft.

It starts with M.

Spoiler

Motherfucker why not let me have Morion and Seforia

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I can't believe King Hyacinth is a Lyn fanboy. Ivy and Hortensia will defect when they learn that she's 15 in the Japanese version.

Hyacinth has ten gifs of the fixed Sol Katti crit animation saved on his computer.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Claude I could absolutely see doing so though

If we are being brutally realistic, at the 1000 year mark of being stuck in a ring with nowhere to go and nothing to do, any person would've lost the capacity for rational thought.

But it's like the children and the mild-mannered of FE all being killing machines regardless. It's best not to think about it. So we just assume it doesn't work like that.

...Ironically, those three would have the easiest time. They at least have each other to talk to. Marth could only look at a sleeping piece of candy for over 365000 days.

23 minutes ago, joevar said:

noooooooooooooo. I only realize Yunaka already death one chapter later... RIP 2nd best girl. im focusing too much on training 3rd best girl in Ch.15 i didnt notice Yunaka somehow died by in the corner of the map due to reinforcement, just like a true silent covert operatives she is. XD

and closest backup saves was 2 chapter prior that. to backtrack or not... ugh dilemma

A tragedy.

Now get Zelkov in that *team* of yours.