Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah I didn't think it was all that. A little annoying moving through all those narrow corridors, but well, they aren't even that narrow. Thracia 11x this ain't.

‐------

OOF

Sorry, I'm just so excited to get there.

Skirmishes cannot be used to train anyone lol, you fend for your life in them.

-------

Hyacinth has ten gifs of the fixed Sol Katti crit animation saved on his computer.

--------

If we are being brutally realistic, at the 1000 year mark of being stuck in a ring with nowhere to go and nothing to do, any person would've lost the capacity for rational thought.

But it's like the children and the mild-mannered of FE all being killing machines regardless. It's best not to think about it. So we just assume it doesn't work like that.

...Ironically, those three would have the easiest time. They at least have each other to talk to. Marth could only look at a sleeping piece of candy for over 365000 days.

----------

A tragedy.

Now get Zelkov in that *team* of yours.

And it just happened that same ch. Is the one where i lost yunaka unknowingly through sheer boredom of it.

-----

*sad yunaka voice* skirmishes really becoming challenge rather than skirmish

------

Funnily enough, in Lyn paralogue Ivy outright stated she's uncomfortable fighting Lyn due to his father lmao

------

Agree with you there marth is the only one having hardest time. Alear wearing the ring means marth is in active. Unlike other ring that could very well be sleeping soundly. While sigurd is having affair with alear mom

-------

How did you know i never depolyed zelkov even once?!

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I do think it's better to just cut to the chase and have them be the God/dess of the world from the start. A little less annoying than being some random nobody that is instantly beloved by everyone for no reason and later turns out to be the god/dess of the world.

Of course, I'd rather have neither, but it is what it is. This nonsense sells, it seems.

I guess we can't have main characters anymore that end up beloved because of stuff they actually do. To me, this "everybody loves you for no reason" type of main character always comes across as very... I guess condescending is the word. It's not quite as bad since Alear seems to be more of their own character, so the impression that the game is constantly trying to stroke the player's ego is a bit lessened.

6 hours ago, joevar said:

TBF, i really hate this too at first before release, until i play it myself

its not as bad as previous worship IMO, because Alear is fully voiced and has "Chill  dude, go easy with the praising" reaction  and also them coming from a literal divine dragon also makes them deserve some worship. 

even in almost every other FE, divine dragon are worshipped to some extent due to their power. In alear case its like getting famous because they happen to be born in royal family at first

Well, there's the crazy concept that a main character could *not* be a literal dragon, or the descendent of a dragon, but I guess that idea has been constantly eroded in the FE series since BlaBla established that Roy's semi-canonical grandma is actually an ice dragon. ;): I dunno, I guess the concept of an inherently worship-worthy character, let alone main character, grates my anti-royalist soul.

It does help that Alear's special power, at least thus far, seems to be coming from the help from the Emblem spoops and not from themselves being this crazy-powerful entity. Well, apart from surviving a 1000-year slumber.

But of course, these are all first impressions, and while they're mixed, the game might yet convince me.

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

So anyone care to explain why a character with less than 10 lines of dialogue that is essentially a throw away boss was portrayed as a raging Edelgardsexual in Heroes?

3Copes

31 minutes ago, ping said:

Well, there's the crazy concept that a main character could *not* be a literal dragon, or the descendent of a dragon, but I guess that idea has been constantly eroded in the FE series since BlaBla established that Roy's semi-canonical grandma is actually an ice dragon. ;):

im sorry, i hoenstly dont know what you mean or even imply here. be it actual fact , wishes, or just being sarcastic. maybe theres deeper lore of FE that i just dont know. especially the one i underline 🤔

except

33 minutes ago, ping said:

my anti-royalist soul

this is easy enough to understand i guess. 

35 minutes ago, ping said:

It does help that Alear's special power, at least thus far, seems to be coming from the help from the Emblem spoops and not from themselves being this crazy-powerful entity.

well.. what if it isnt just that

2 hours ago, joevar said:

Agree with you there marth is the only one having hardest time. Alear wearing the ring means marth is in active. Unlike other ring that could very well be sleeping soundly. While sigurd is having affair with alear mom

Yeah, Marth really drew the short end of the stick there.

2 hours ago, joevar said:

How did you know i never depolyed zelkov even once?!

Because all you Yunaka stans have no *taste*. Put some Zelkov in your life.

1 hour ago, ping said:

I guess we can't have main characters anymore that end up beloved because of stuff they actually do. To me, this "everybody loves you for no reason" type of main character always comes across as very... I guess condescending is the word. It's not quite as bad since Alear seems to be more of their own character, so the impression that the game is constantly trying to stroke the player's ego is a bit lessened.

Well, there's the crazy concept that a main character could *not* be a literal dragon, or the descendent of a dragon, but I guess that idea has been constantly eroded in the FE series since BlaBla established that Roy's semi-canonical grandma is actually an ice dragon. ;): I dunno, I guess the concept of an inherently worship-worthy character, let alone main character, grates my anti-royalist soul.

It does help that Alear's special power, at least thus far, seems to be coming from the help from the Emblem spoops and not from themselves being this crazy-powerful entity. Well, apart from surviving a 1000-year slumber.

But of course, these are all first impressions, and while they're mixed, the game might yet convince me.

Yes, I'd prefer a nobody protagonist as well, for a change. True nobody, not the son of the secret badass general of a country's army renowned worldwide. Heck funnily enough, Reese Berwick Saga is arguably more of a nobody than Ike despite being a noble

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

In my experience it's Celine lol. She loves taking on Vandad. Except in my run she got like, one level, so she gets summarily executed every time. But she keeps trying. Can't fault her for not trying.

The arena is funny in general. Either the unit fights benchwarmers and one-shots them, or they fight Louis/Jade/Bunet and fail to deal any damage.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 hours ago, joevar said:

noooooooooooooo. I only realize Yunaka already death one chapter later... RIP 2nd best girl. im focusing too much on training 3rd best girl in Ch.15 i didnt notice Yunaka somehow died by in the corner of the map due to reinforcement, just like a true silent covert operatives she is. XD

Doesn’t the game show dialogue when someone dies?

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If we are being brutally realistic, at the 1000 year mark of being stuck in a ring with nowhere to go and nothing to do, any person would've lost the capacity for rational thought.

But it's like the children and the mild-mannered of FE all being killing machines regardless. It's best not to think about it. So we just assume it doesn't work like that.

...Ironically, those three would have the easiest time. They at least have each other to talk to. Marth could only look at a sleeping piece of candy for over 365000 days.

True, actually.

But now that I think about it, we don’t actually know if there’s nowhere to go and nothing to do in the rings (I think). So much unexplained.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A tragedy.

Now get Zelkov in that *team* of yours.

GOATed.

Unfortunately, he’s a boring retainer and Yunaka isn’t, so on the bench he goes with the rest of them.

His C-support with Ivy was kinda interesting though.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Because all you Yunaka stans have no *taste*. Put some Zelkov in your life.

--------------------------------------

Yes, I'd prefer a nobody protagonist as well, for a change. True nobody, not the son of the secret badass general of a country's army renowned worldwide. Heck funnily enough, Reese Berwick Saga is arguably more of a nobody than Ike despite being a noble

--------------------------------------

In my experience it's Celine lol. She loves taking on Vandad. Except in my run she got like, one level, so she gets summarily executed every time. But she keeps trying. Can't fault her for not trying.

The arena is funny in general. Either the unit fights benchwarmers and one-shots them, or they fight Louis/Jade/Bunet and fail to deal any damage.

im not sorry about that. hehehe

-------------------------

Ike is privilieged, special, "destined one", as much as Alm for me. just different situations and flavor text. the end result is still a groomed MC.

Maybe something like Tactics Ogre will satisfy that "nobody" traits. since afaik its really just resistance fighting the oppressive forces of neighboring country. none of that special legendary weapon stuff. But even that ends up with the MC having "lord" title making him somebody.

but as FE fan, i can only played it for several map then dropped it. your unit has exact same portrait, exact same color, i keep mistaking which one is friend or foe when they clash closely

i really cant find a true nobody in a war setting game. people just find that less fun i guess

-------------------------

is the arena actually shuffle the opponent from their respective support pool or not? since theres many occasion where i unlock support from doing arena

also ruben, my Yunaka keep bullying Framme where frame deal 0 dmg 😁

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Doesn’t the game show dialogue when someone dies?

thats the thing. because im sure i didnt see it that i fail to notice it for a whole chapter. either im unknowingly press skip while the defeat dialogue occur, or something else. either way im in middle of something that I keep left the game running whenevenr its enemy phase. (maybe the game tired of waiting for my prompt it just proceed? XD )

no big deal. more playtime for me. i did buy wrong expensive skill for Ivy too in that save, so its worth back tracking

5 hours ago, ping said:

Roy's semi-canonical grandma is actually an ice dragon. ;):

OH WAIT did you just make a snide remark because my pfp is Roy and my favorite is binding blade? either way thats a bad example for your complaint. if we take Roy secret lineage as canon, then that only makes him even better. lmao

now this means that Roy and his retainer/subordiante never pay any mind to his special heritage since they never discuss any thing remotely related to it, and all the other that follows him just decide its worth to stick around due to his tactical wins and achievement, despite being used as political leverage. whew, another point for Roy i guess. so the whole "liked because background" complaint only backfire with him

Edited by joevar

7 hours ago, joevar said:

noooooooooooooo. I only realize Yunaka already death one chapter later... RIP 2nd best girl. im focusing too much on training 3rd best girl in Ch.15 i didnt notice Yunaka somehow died by in the corner of the map due to reinforcement, just like a true silent covert operatives she is. XD

The game literally stops any time one of your characters die, even when skipping EP.

Tbf, I once didn't realize Silque died in SoV so I booked it to a revival spring but still...

The correct thing to do is to reload that save.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I see the opinions on Neptunia: Sister vs Sister aren't really great so far. Ofc common opinion doesn't mean anything to the individual, and i still want to give it a fair chance.

All I've heard is that dungeons are doodoo which is the perpetual problem the series has had since it's beginning.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

All I've heard is that dungeons are doodoo which is the perpetual problem the series has had since it's beginning.

I heard poor FPS, gameplay is too basic, story takes way too long to get started. All apparantly common complaints?

12 minutes ago, joevar said:

people just find that less fun i guess

It's less "less fun" and more "Why are they even MC?"

Look at Shez in 3Copes, a nobody that does nothing do the plot, and while a fun character, ultimately they are indequate as MC, and what they add to the plot actively makes it worse

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Shrimpy, i posted my Alear's stats above! 🎵 

I wanted you to see the truth! XD

Yeah i saw

I am like "How???" honestly, but yours must be RNG blessed XD

Although ever since i Ike and Wyvern's Alear he has been a monster for me, although not to your levels lmao

And Corn might make me make Alear a dragon again

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah i saw

I am like "How???" honestly, but yours must be RNG blessed XD

Although ever since i Ike and Wyvern's Alear he has been a monster for me, although not to your levels lmao

And Corn might make me make Alear a dragon again

Well, there's that, yeah.

Ike? I see, so your on the opposite end of the spectrum from me, then. XD

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ike? I see, so your on the opposite end of the spectrum from me, then. XD

Well, my Alear had all the Speed in the world, but lacked STR and DEF

Ike fixed that

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Well, my Alear had all the Speed in the world, but lacked STR and DEF

Ike fixed that

Ah, i see. Clearly a different mentality than my own.