Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I see something is still wrong with the membership badges, Sooks' has a blank one! XD

Edit: unless that's an option nowadays.

I noticed this the other day, idk why it’s like that. It’s supposed to be L’Arachel.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I noticed this the other day, idk why it’s like that. It’s supposed to be L’Arachel.

I realy dont know either. Besides Shrimpy's logic being the most sound.

Proably some error or so that still needs fixing or restablished.

Like how Member Titles only just popped back yesterday or so.

---

Ah, it's that time again.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Proably some error or so that still needs fixing or restablished.

Like how Member Titles only just popped back yesterday or so.

Likely. Not a big deal, just funny to me was all. 

I apologise for putting you on the spot, Sooks! ❤️

"You know, the Bongo Bongo fight isn't as bad as i remember"

>Dies because the Z-targeting kept locking on to his hands and not his face

"Oh, now i remember why i always hated this fight. Because it sucks".

"Even better, i get to ride the slow-ass boat back to the boss room because they didn't think of teleporters at the time.

Edited by Armagon

Won't have as much time to engage today, for reasons. But that's okay. All that's on the schedule today is chapter 19. It is most important I do that, anything else is a bonus.

Incidentally, I think I've realized the catch with this game's reclassing: you cannot keep class skills. They are on a separate menu from inherited skills, labelled "class." Haven't tried it, but it's likely these skills are lost on reclass - and since reclassing sends you back to level 5 and doesn't reset your EXP gains, you have to wait a bit before getting another.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

im not sorry about that. hehehe

Well, be. Zelkov is cool.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

is the arena actually shuffle the opponent from their respective support pool or not? since theres many occasion where i unlock support from doing arena

It probably tries to pair units with supports, but I couldn't tell you the exact algorithm.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

also ruben, my Yunaka keep bullying Framme where frame deal 0 dmg 😁

She, too, tried to fight Vandad a couple times. She failed.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

GOATed.

Unfortunately, he’s a boring retainer and Yunaka isn’t, so on the bench he goes with the rest of them.

His C-support with Ivy was kinda interesting though.

I can't believe you are so unbased, Sooks. You were the based one!

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's less "less fun" and more "Why are they even MC?"

Look at Shez in 3Copes, a nobody that does nothing do the plot, and while a fun character, ultimately they are indequate as MC, and what they add to the plot actively makes it worse

It's one thing to have a nobody MC, it's another to have an irrelevant MC. Protagonists don't need to be the chosen ones in order to have a compelling arc and involvement in the story. Sometimes it's a nice change of pace when the protagonist isn't the most important perfect little boy/gal in the universe and foretold to be so from the start, but rather a regular person that got there by accomplishing things.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Did the Derrick badge survive? I cannot check right now.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haven't tried it, but it's likely these skills are lost on reclass

can confirm

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

rotagonists don't need to be the chosen ones in order to have a compelling arc and involvement in the story. Sometimes it's a nice change of pace when the protagonist isn't the most important perfect little boy/gal in the universe and foretold to be so from the start, but rather a regular person that got there by accomplishing things

Oh i agree with you.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

can confirm

Yep, there's the catch. Then I don't think I will make Vandad a royal knight as I had considered. Pincer Attack sounds very nice.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Can't wait to get engaged today.

No, seriously, I'm so damn excited for Engage.

As was I! Draw your own conclusions, but I can say, I'm up to chapter 19 and it is still an excellent game I am enjoying very much.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

See you'se on the flipside once I've beaten the game.

rkTI949Z_o.gif

Use Etie! And Vandad.

32 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Can't wait to get engaged today.

No, seriously, I'm so damn excited for Engage.

See you'se on the flipside once I've beaten the game.

Have fun!

We'll miss you! Xd

2 maps to go until i reach my previous saves.. 

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, I think I've realized the catch with this game's reclassing: you cannot keep class skills. They are on a separate menu from inherited skills, labelled "class." Haven't tried it, but it's likely these skills are lost on reclass - and since reclassing sends you back to level 5 and doesn't reset your EXP gains, you have to wait a bit before getting another.

Well, be. Zelkov is cool.

It probably tries to pair units with supports, but I couldn't tell you the exact algorithm.

i think the skills are broken enough as is if you played enough FE game especially one with many skill like FEH (which im not). stacking class skills will make it even broken and stupidly OP. but thats just my assessment until ch.14 will see how it fares later

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's less "less fun" and more "Why are they even MC?"

Look at Shez in 3Copes, a nobody that does nothing do the plot, and while a fun character, ultimately they are indequate as MC, and what they add to the plot actively makes it worse

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's one thing to have a nobody MC, it's another to have an irrelevant MC. Protagonists don't need to be the chosen ones in order to have a compelling arc and involvement in the story. Sometimes it's a nice change of pace when the protagonist isn't the most important perfect little boy/gal in the universe and foretold to be so from the start, but rather a regular person that got there by accomplishing things.

oh shit.. i almost made a thesis trying to reply to these two..

spoiler it goes

Spoiler

imo while nobody can work as a protagonist, they would be less compelling for this kind of game. ultimately its the same like im playing Mount & Blade, a custom war of any Total War game, or something like Humanity (it plays like civilization) that have customizable avatar instead of world leader. they just.. fall flat in terms of story , if story exist at all. Very much the anti-thesis of japan-made game in any RPG subgenre.

only Indie studio game with nothing big to lose would dare try to do that.

what if they are capable from the start but a nobody? well, Alm is exactly that if you pretend final 2 chapter didnt exist. but thats still a groomed + destined for greatness MC in the end

------------------------------------

what about games like Kingdom come? its actually a perfect "nobody" story accomplishing things. well.. in the grand scheme of things, his action didnt really alter history. its just one man. again, the exact opposite of FE game. or even any JP SRPG that i've played.

now, try to fit it into Fire emblem.. you just cant fit it within 30 or so chapters. because you need way more longer introductory, prologue, than Lyn Story because they are exactly a nobody, dont have any kind of reputation rapport (meaning no one in their right mind would follow) additionally we will follow their TRAINING ARC too. it will be a long boringfest till they are capable. not fit for a chapter by chapter skirmishes, it would be very unnatural.

might as well start as a bandit first than nobody BANDIT EMBLEM

i just hope FE never ends up like this.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wait hold on where is everyone seeing the member titles

whats memebr title? i come back just a hour or two before server changes i cant spot any differences anymore 😅

Edited by joevar

8 hours ago, joevar said:

im sorry, i hoenstly dont know what you mean or even imply here. be it actual fact , wishes, or just being sarcastic. maybe theres deeper lore of FE that i just dont know. especially the one i underline 🤔

3 hours ago, joevar said:

OH WAIT did you just make a snide remark because my pfp is Roy and my favorite is binding blade? either way thats a bad example for your complaint. if we take Roy secret lineage as canon, then that only makes him even better. lmao

No snark against BinBla intended. Just a little exasperation that Lords in the newer games tend to have some very special, supernatural origin - Robin as Grima's whatever (I don't remember Awakening's plot too much, I think it was 'vessel'?), Corrin as Anankos's kid, I think it's true for Byleth, too (very unfamiliar with 3H, though), and now Alear is the Divine Dragon itself. Fire Emblem has always been all about making the noble lord actually more 'special' than just being on top of the social hierarchy (Marth is the only one who can wield the Falchion; the Aum staff in Akaneia can only be used by royal princesses; Alm and the Royal Sword; Fucking Everybody in Jugdral), but I find that the more recent games have upped the ante in that regard and I personally don't like it.

If anything, I've been snarky against BlaBla, since the introduction of Ninian, and dragons in general, pokes some holes in BinBla's plot, like for example why the returning characters like Marcus don't have anything to say about the damn lizards reappearing in Elibe.

--

Small question: How exactly does Alear transport everybody to Somneil? I feel like I must have missed some big explanation, because the way I remember the whole thing it went approximately like...

Vandad: "By the way, Divine Dragons can go to Somniel from wherever they are on the continent."
Alear: "Neat! I didn't know that."
Alear: "Hear we are in Somniel!"

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

L'Arachel is a just girl and thus didn't want to be Nohrian 

I initially read "L'Arachel is just a girl" and was ready to point out how incredibly insulting that assessment would be to her.

26 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wait hold on where is everyone seeing the member titles

I can see my own member title, but nobody elses. Weird.

edit: And after logging out, I can't see mine anymore, too. Guess it hasn't been quite ironed out yet.

Edited by ping

10 minutes ago, ping said:

No snark against BinBla intended. Just a little exasperation that Lords in the newer games tend to have some very special, supernatural origin - Robin as Grima's whatever (I don't remember Awakening's plot too much, I think it was 'vessel'?), Corrin as Anankos's kid, I think it's true for Byleth, too (very unfamiliar with 3H, though), and now Alear is the Divine Dragon itself. Fire Emblem has always been all about making the noble lord actually more 'special' than just being on top of the social hierarchy (Marth is the only one who can wield the Falchion; the Aum staff in Akaneia can only be used by royal princesses; Alm and the Royal Sword; Fucking Everybody in Jugdral), but I find that the more recent games have upped the ante in that regard and I personally don't like it.

If anything, I've been snarky against BlaBla, since the introduction of Ninian, and dragons in general, pokes some holes in BinBla's plot, like for example why the returning characters like Marcus don't have anything to say about the damn lizards reappearing in Elibe.

Sounds like they're just cutting out the middle-man. Personally, I like that.

Well, that's an issue with prequels in general, but yeah.