• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well, that was chapter 19. Initial impressions were daunting, but it's not that bad. A little unpredictable, but not to the point of becoming bullshit.

Spoiler

Now, to make Momphir a wyvern knight. I feel that'll make her a great fit for the team.

Ugh…

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Can't wait to get engaged today.

No, seriously, I'm so damn excited for Engage.

See you'se on the flipside once I've beaten the game.

rkTI949Z_o.gif

Nice, enjoy! I’ve been having fun, although I’m way behind everyone.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So, can we say Teehee is succesfully engaged?

Emblem of Teehee:

Engage Skill- Teehee time: Powerful weapon strike that receives +5 mt for each unit within 2 spaces that is a different favor FE

Passive Skill- Overexaggerated complaints: When fighting enemy units in paralogues based on FE6 maps, reduces enemy hit by 20, 50 if axe user. When equipped in paralogues based on maps from FEs 13-16, grants +3 to all stats—

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Emblem of TeeHee

DAMMIT

Spoiler

No seriously, how many lives do the four stooges have? I have killed each like, four or five times now and they just keep running off. The only character who has died in the past like, 6 chapters is fuckin' Abyme, who turns out survived chapter 3! For no reason!

At this rate the Hounds'll outretreat Hubie! Heck, am I even safe in assuming ABYME died? Sure looked like it the first time, too!

Also Saphir has some inner demons I cannot wait to read about.

Anyway, enough storyline. Ike time. Everyone is five levels above the recommended, so uh... F

I cannot stop hearing the Lukas in his voice, by the way.

I like how the Emblem Paralouges are presented as "hey let's have a test of skill" but it still plays out like normal. Lyn: "back in my day, if someone lost in training, it was curtains".

This is notable because some skirmishes are actual training maps that have Casual Mode enabled.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio ayo you were right, Corrin is like objectively the best Emblem for Alear.

Oh, missed this.

Yeah, absolutely. Every other Emblem has some room for getting creative, but Corrin is just... SO much better on Alear. Picking the tile is insanely huge, and nobody else really wants what Corrin brings to the table.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I like how the Emblem Paralouges are presented as "hey let's have a test of skill" but it still plays out like normal. Lyn: "back in my day, if someone lost in training, it was curtains".

This is notable because some skirmishes are actual training maps that have Casual Mode enabled.

"Well done! Our bonds are stronger now!"

"You murdered a child."

"Heyyyy you knew the risks going in! Right? Hey c'mon, what are you doing, NO NOT INTO THE HORSE MANURE--"

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You know, i'm fairly certain the Emblem maps is the reason we can walk around the maps after battle in the first place.

Hm, what gives you that impression?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm, what gives you that impression?

The Emblem maps are all maps taken from across the series though why Lyn's map is from FE6 who knows. So IntSys must've thought "hey what if you could walk around these iconic places from across the series" and then just applied that to the whole game.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

No seriously, how many lives do the four stooges have? I have killed each like, four or five times now and they just keep running off. The only character who has died in the past like, 6 chapters is fuckin' Abyme, who turns out survived chapter 3! For no reason!

"Damn, I've been defeated but I can't fall here... I must retreat."

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Emblem maps are all maps taken from across the series though why Lyn's map is from FE6 who knows. So IntSys must've thought "hey what if you could walk around these iconic places from across the series" and then just applied that to the whole game.

I guess. Though it helps that for a while FE has not really used separate areas for battle scenes. Just zoom in the map and voila. And once you do that, it becomes a might as well.

Though sometimes I wonder why they arbitrarily cut-off some areas when exploring.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay this is the best support chain I've read in the game so far and I hate that I cannot just point it out because both characters are kinda sorta technically spoilers, just because they were arbitrarily excluded from the marketing. For no reason.

Spoiler

Saphir and Lindon. I know, I know, there goes Ruben again with the old folks nobody cares about. But seriously, this support is pretty good.

Looking forward to the A. Most other supports have taken me some time, but this one I want to see sooner than later. I will be focusing on it next paralogue.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

Saphir and Lindon. I know, I know, there goes Ruben again with the old folks nobody cares about. But seriously, this support is pretty good.

Spoiler

'Ey, a fellow old character enjoyer! Those two were surprisingly better characters than I would've originally thought. Also, funnily enough, Saphir is only 35.

Hey y'all! Just poppin back in again for a bit. How's everyone likin' Engage so far for those who got it?

I've just finished Ch16, gonna throw some impressions in a spoiler box.

Spoiler

So far I've really liked the game, been playing on HM. Story's still aggressively there, some characters are pretty decent and some are "oh god please get away" for me right now. Framme in particular was an instabench after that C support. 

In terms of gameplay, generally been very positive, though honestly, I feel like the map design fell off a cliff starting with Ch12. There were tight missions with different objectives and some mini-objectives thrown in there for a bit, but suddenly there's a crappy rout map, then some awful FoW, a palace that's good when you're doing stuff and not spending 5 turns walking through the halls, the fort with all the miasma that would be fun to play around if I didn't have to use my dancer for it, etc.

Hopefully Ch17 picks up a bit.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tfw Eirika is making me reset

Girl where was that all that power in SS?

Remember Ephraim is basically acting as a backpack.

>Ch.17

Ok this isn't too bad-

>Three bosses+a dragon start rushing me at once

10 minutes ago, Spara said:

How's everyone likin' Engage so far for those who got it?

I think it's retroactively making the older Fire Emblem games rougher to play now. Gameplay is that good.

11 minutes ago, Spara said:

Hey y'all! Just poppin back in again for a bit. How's everyone likin' Engage so far for those who got it?

Save for that one moment, it's pretty great so far!