• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I largely skim over the Engage TeeHeeing so I must have missed it, but I can imagine @Saint Rubenio's unbridled joy that Alear can walk around and adopt all the animals they come across.

Edited by ping

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I missed this.

...The funniest thing is that, unlike what people are saying, this would be rather easy to explain to the bank. I mean, they have moment-by-moment video proof of his fishes making all those purchases and revealing their card info, there won't be any problems. It's just going to be interesting seeing the teller's face.

The foul luck, though. They could've suspended the game, changed the resolution settings, changed the language, or simply gotten stuck at any number of screens, but nope. They committed credit card fraud instead.

Also I like how the narrator loses it at 0:23

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I felt this way early on, but as you unlock better options, they become much more managable.

Does it? I can't say I've tried them for a while.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Rosado was benched immediately but Merrin stays because Hobble is a good skill. It was absolutely vital in fending off one of the Ch.17 bosses.

Yeah, that is true, Hobble is really good. If the game ever hands me another deployment slot I'm probably getting her back in.

Oh who am I kidding I'll just deploy another old guy instead. Maybe I'll reclass them to wolf knight.

Lategame spoilers

Spoiler

OH MY GOD I JUST REALIZED, IT'S ACTUALLY PERFECT! The redeemed hound, reclassed to Hound Knight! How did I not realize this before, it's the perfect class for Mauvier! Perfect, I tell you!

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You know who else has stars on them?

Johnny_Joestar_Infobox_Manga.png

Yunaka really is a Joestar, it all makes sense now.

I like how the first response to the twit is someone going "also Persona 5." I bet you must've enjoyed seeing that.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

... yeah, I need to continue Omori, huh. Once I'm done with Engage.

Yes, you didn't get to the most wholesome parts.

1 minute ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Some silly screenshots I found.

Hide contents

image.png.ca5fd0d01afdde4866d76fb0f5a18811.png

Goldmary's kind of a bitch lol. Wouldn't have expected it, but it's nice characterization. Not everyone needs to be a perfect good guy. Too bad I needed the deployment slots for more old people.

The entire trio's pretty fun in that way. Rosado's not meanspirited, but he's beyond vain and rather self-centered. And then there's Horty, who is... a case, herself.

They aren't as fun as the Firene Gym Gang, though. Those three are complete idiots and I love them.

2 minutes ago, ping said:

I largely skim over the Engage TeeHeeing so I must have missed it, but I can imagine @Saint Rubenio's unbridled joy that Alear can walk around and adopt all the animals they come across.

It kills me every time they tell me I can't adopt animals because I didn't bribe Diamant with enough thousands of bucks. Let me take the little guy, dammit!

I try not to grab animals from villages, though. They aren't abandoned, that'd just be kidnappping!

Anyway, yeah. After all my nagging about the Monastery, I find myself occassionally wasting time going to visit Sommie's little pals at the farmyard. It serves no purpose, but dammit it's all so cuuuute.

@Armagon

Found this:

"I think we would. I, too, would like to port Muramasa, but there are issues there that I won’t go into…

Our priority now is to start on the homework that has been piling up on us…meaning, get to work on the games that we’ve been planning to make."

Unfortunately, I can't read the rest of the interview this came from. But you can, as it's in Castile & Conquistadors Chatter.

https://www.nintenderos.com/2023/01/entrevista-george-kamitani-vanillaware/

"...work on the games we've been planning to make." Sounds Vanillaware ought to announce something new sometime this year.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I missed this.

...The funniest thing is that, unlike what people are saying, this would be rather easy to explain to the bank. I mean, they have moment-by-moment video proof of his fishes making all those purchases and revealing their card info, there won't be any problems. It's just going to be interesting seeing the teller's face.

The foul luck, though. They could've suspended the game, changed the resolution settings, changed the language, or simply gotten stuck at any number of screens, but nope. They committed credit card fraud instead.

Also I like how the narrator loses it at 0:23

I mean, it's the fishes the ones making the money to begin with, no. Feels fair they'd be the ones to spend it. XD

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

People need to stop doing the Houses comparison.

uhh no. i didnt really hold 3houses in very high regard. i just had lower expectation for writing in Engage in general pre-release . not i expected it to be bad, but i expect it to be "normal" without anything really stand out.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Rosado was benched immediately but Merrin stays because Hobble is a good skill. It was absolutely vital in fending off one of the Ch.17 bosses.

That is true. There's also TT but I'm hearing conflicting reports on that.

so tempest trial add support gain or not ... 😅

is there report or indication that support gain per person , and their target for each tier had different values like old FE games? (i dont pay attention to recent games). i mean, it seems that one arena battle is all it takes to meet C support for certain pair. while others dont

Chapter 18's recruit is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. All of their supports are so wholesome, sad and intriguing in equal measure.

Enough paralogues though. Gotta save some for the last character I wanna use. Chapter 20 time.

Spoiler

I fully expected Marni to be fucked there. But no, she just got knocked out for like the 8th time alongside Mauvier. 

I do like how Griss isn't a regular sadist asshole villain, he's a raging masochist instead. It's more unique and it makes him more relatable.

43 minutes ago, joevar said:

uhh no. i didnt really hold 3houses in very high regard. i just had lower expectation for writing in Engage in general pre-release . not i expected it to be bad, but i expect it to be "normal" without anything really stand out.

Oh yeah, I wasn't telling you that you were doing it. Just in general, the entire discourse around this game tends not to be "what is this game" but rather "how does this game compare to Three Houses." Predictable, but it's rather annoying.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

I do like how Griss isn't a regular sadist asshole villain, he's a raging masochist instead. It's more unique and it makes him more relatable.

Spoiler

Sometimes you just make it way too easy...

7 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.dbbb721448125d9594734ac5a3024c02.png

image.thumb.png.08bb1e80febc78c4a14289d9c21a0244.png

The video's title was right, this really was the best support in the game.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wow, didn't knew Wraith was in Engage!

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, I wasn't telling you that you were doing it. Just in general, the entire discourse around this game tends not to be "what is this game" but rather "how does this game compare to Three Houses." Predictable, but it's rather annoying.

Broke: how does it compare to 3H

Woke: what is this game strong point

Eureka: is there a cute mascot that i can pet

If Lumera is the god of Elyos in the eyes of humans, and she’s been killed by Elusian forces, why hasn’t a crusade been declared on the kingdom in question and all it’s inhabitants declared heretics? The Elusians just murdered god!

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

3 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

If Lumera is the god of Elyos in the eyes of humans, and she’s been killed by Elusian forces, why hasn’t a crusade been declared on the kingdom in question and all it’s inhabitants declared heretics? The Elusians just murdered god!

It's because they got Dragon-Jesus doing the crusades for them.

41 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Sometimes you just make it way too easy...

Oh, hush.

23 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.dbbb721448125d9594734ac5a3024c02.png

image.thumb.png.08bb1e80febc78c4a14289d9c21a0244.png

The video's title was right, this really was the best support in the game.

Gahahahaha... I knew I sensed something great about that support when I read the C. Too bad I had no room for the guy.

3 minutes ago, joevar said:

Broke: how does it compare to 3H

Woke: what is this game strong point

Eureka: is there a cute mascot that i can pet

The answer to all three is Sommie.

2 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

You do know literally the entire world is at war with them the entire game, right?

4 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Wait, how much do you know about the game so far? Because there is kinda a reason for that, but don't know if to tell the full answer due to spoilers. probably,

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The answer to all three is Sommie.

------

You do know literally the entire world is at war with them the entire game, right?

Cant argue with that

Thats the whole plo alright. i dont know how someone play it but didnt notice it. Maybe the guy focused too much on petting sommie he just skip every dialogue to save time and go back to sommmie

Unless he didnt really play it which makes my point moot

Edited by joevar

4 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

It's because they got Dragon-Jesus doing the crusades for them.

What crusade? As far as I can tell most people are only slightly upset that their is dead. I have yet to see any religious zeal or hell and brimstone retribution. 

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, but shouldn’t there be at least some panic because god had died? Shouldn’t Vander, Clanne and Framme be more then just a little upset that their god died if front of them? For some people that may cause something called a crisis of faith or at the very least fill them righteous zeal and wrath.

1 minute ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Yeah, but shouldn’t there be at least some panic because god had died? Shouldn’t Vander, Clanne and Framme be more then just a little upset that their god died if front of them? For some people that may cause something called a crisis of faith or at the very least fill them righteous zeal and wrath.

I mean, it's all down to just how widespread news of her death was.

Since, if I recall

Spoiler

Even Zephia was surprised to hear she died.

So... sounds like not very. Not to mention, for the past thousand years Lumera has shifted the worship from her (if there was any to begin with) to Alear, so it stands to reason that, well, Alear THE Divine Dragon is alive, so not much feelings of crisis of faith. Hence why even the stewards were upset, but not DEUS VULT upset.

In Griss's case, I really cannot blame him for rushing Etie on EP. He probably saw her 1 HP clones murdering everyone and wanted a piece of the real deal.

And boy did he ever get it. That's one bar gone and she didn't even need a crit.

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

Cant argue with that

Who would? A monster, that's who.

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

Thats the whole plo alright. i dont know how someone play it but didnt notice it. Maybe the guy focused too much on petting sommie he just skip every dialogue to save time and go back to sommmie

Oh yeah, definitely. Sommie has melted the old man's crusty, stoney heart.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, it's all down to just how widespread news of her death was.

Okay but even when people find out the response is “Oh I’m so sorry for your lose Alear, Lumera was a nice person” not “holy crap god is dead” or “wait, what?”.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith