• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Okay but even when people find out the response is “Oh I’m so sorry for your lose Alear, Lumera was a nice person” not “holy crap god is dead” or “wait, what?”.

Again, it's likely because she spent a thousand years hyping up Alear instead of her. So Lumera nowadays was more known as Lythos' Queen than the Divine Dragon of worship.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Again, it's likely because she spent a thousand years hyping up Alear instead of her. So Lumera nowadays was more known as Lythos' Queen than the Divine Dragon of worship.

The divine dragons are clearly stated to be worshipped as deities. There are churches dedicated to their worship. Lythos is literally called “the holy land”.  I’m pretty sure the fact that Lumera has governed for a thousand years makes her seem divine in the eyes of the people of Elyos. The holy land is invaded by the Elusians, they kill a god and take some of the most important artifacts in the world from the castle of said god. The world’s response: “I’m so sorry for your lose Alear”. Alfred’s response “well some of the Elusians worship the Fell Dragon. People can worship who they want even though he tried to destroy the entire world”. My reaction:

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lol no

Oh Emperor…it is The King in Yellow. Just let me know it’s okay to hate on Engage. Let the hype die down first, and then…maybe then…

19 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

The divine dragons are clearly stated to be worshipped as deities. There are churches dedicated to their worship. Lythos is literally called “the holy land”.  I’m pretty sure the fact that Lumera has governed for a thousand years makes her seem divine in the eyes of the people of Elyos. The holy land is invaded by the Elusians, they kill a god and take some of the most important artifacts in the world from the castle of said god. The world’s response: “I’m so sorry for your lose Alear”.

Again, it comes down to what Lumera has been telling Elyos for a thousand years. And, this is still just conjecture on my part, as it relies on story beats many here may still not know, but...

Spoiler

Lumera wanting Elyos to focus mainly, or even just solely, on Alear as the target of the Divine Dragon worship has to do with Alear's own past.

19 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Alfred’s response “well some of the Elusians worship the Fell Dragon. People can worship who they want even though he tried to destroy the entire world”. My reaction:

For its worth, Elusia was not actually responsible for the attack on Lythos. Again, spoilers abound...

Spoiler

That's all just Veyle's own doing, doing Sombron's bidding as she doesn't answer to Elusia.

Well, that's been chapter 20. It... could have been worse. Maybe it will be on maddening. Fog is never fun, and the gimmick is downright cruel - and done first in The Last Promise, funnily enough - but they were lenient enough with the enemy placement. I think. Could be time crystals warping my perception here.

...and what do you know. I gotta do chapter 21 before I can resume the paralogues.

Spoiler

Leaks aside, I love how you can tell Mauvier's the playable one because he's the only one with a personal skill in the Hounds' many appearances. They didn't even try to hide it.

14 hours ago, Green06 said:

Also, Wraith playing Engage?????????

I thought you would just ignore it

The funny part is that this makes @Sidereal Wraith worse a heretic than me. I just eat cookies, much to his disturbance for whatever reason, while he himself is being consumed by ANIME.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For its worth, Elusia was not actually responsible for the attack on Lythos. Again, spoilers abound...

The corrupted have been seen in the holy land and the Elusians have the corrupted amongst their ranks and are known to worship the Fell Dragon. It wouldn’t be hard put two and two together.

4 minutes ago, ping said:

The funny part is that this makes @Sidereal Wraith worse a heretic than me. I just eat cookies, much to his disturbance for whatever reason, while he himself is being consumed by ANIME.

Don’t flatter yourself Ping. I’m no heretic.  Just because I play one anime game doesn’t mean I don’t disown ever other one. 

2 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

The corrupted have been seen in the holy land and the Elusians have the corrupted amongst their ranks and are known to worship the Fell Dragon. It wouldn’t be hard put two and two together.

True, but as it stands only the player party would know that fact. At least for that, they do not ignore that little tidbit, for its worth.

Don’t flatter yourself Ping. I’m no heretic.  Just because I play one anime game doesn’t mean I don’t disown ever other one. 

Ruben when defending Berwick be like...

In fact, it's telling the player group doesn't actually learn Elusia is involved until the Firene attack, hence why Alfred says that line, since as far they know yet, the Hooded Figure and the Corrupted are some still unknown faction.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

True, but as it stands only the player party would know that fact. At least for that, they do not ignore that little tidbit, for its worth.

Zephia knows. Alfred knows. Other people who interact with the party learn the truth, and are still sad but mostly unfazed.

Zephia knows. Alfred knows. Other people who interact with the party learn the truth, and are still sad but mostly unfazed.

Which goes back to Lumera spending a thousand years saying "Don't worship me, worship my child instead".

Like, is it really hard to accept that fact?

12 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I'm sure the inquisition will be very accommodating when you tell them that you've been doing just a little bit of heresy :]

28 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Just let me know it’s okay to hate on Engage.

Atleast say something that makes sense, you are just hating to hate and literally everything you say is bs

I forget if I cared for Sommie before going to bed.

Petting time. I will never make him sad again.

EDIT: I don't know how I wrote bed instead of dinner. Too focused on Sommie. I named him Derrick, you know. But he is Sommie. Sommie Derrick!

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  1. [NSW] Fire Emblem Engage (Nintendo, 01/20/23) – 144,558 (New)

Famitsu first-week Japanese physical numbers for Three Houses were... 143,130. Virtually identical.

YES ONE THOUSAND MORE! FIRE EMBLEM IS SAVED!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  1. [NSW] Fire Emblem Engage (Nintendo, 01/20/23) – 144,558 (New)

Famitsu first-week Japanese physical numbers for Three Houses were... 143,130. Virtually identical.

And most likely Engage digital sales are much higher

Although wether Engage will have 3H's legs that's left to see, the game is such a 180 from 3H and many newcomers don't like it

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And most likely Engage digital sales are much higher

Although wether Engage will have 3H's legs that's left to see, the game is such a 180 from 3H and many newcomers don't like it

Wikipedia cites 580k in Japan by March 2020, about two-thirds of a year's time, 2.87 mil total. Upped to 3.82 mil by the end of 2021.

So, Engage does have a long way to go to see how it fares. Not ideal for providing IS with most-immediate feedback on their next non-remake entry.

Digital sales could be higher, Japan supposedly has been shifting digital like the rest of the world. Though putting out the same physical numbers as a title from 2019 despite the Switch to sell like hotcakes, could be interpreted as a sign of problematic sales stagnation. -Yet let's face it, no matter how "big" it gets, Fire Emblem is stuck being in a niche genre.