• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Wow, now i start to notice that part about "high level unit will start to have different cool animation". Alfred now start to repel arrow by hitting it with his Lance tip when it count as miss. Neat!

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yh it's cool

Expected a bit more difficulty however, as everyone here had trouble with it

Would be much more problematic if

Reveal hidden contents

Zephia moved with Veyle as well.

Spoiler

ngl, that would be cruel.

Zephia override that can pick anyone weak so far away and then Veyle tome that has high crit for enemy attack is a very nasty combo when your troops still divided or surrounded by many enemies.

i mean, i lost so many rewind from that. Veyle really like to crit me with her tome, lol

and maybe everyone (including me) has had trouble because we didnt finish marni.mauvier fast enough before zephia join the fight. so Veyle still fresh and zephia already come with override from so far away

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ah man those Hortensia and Ivy lines

character development

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Not that far yet xD

You know who I'm talking about, you've seen him.

Not her. The other one.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I feel that with many of the maps they brought back tbh

Oh every map they brought back that I've played so far has been a straight improvement.

Thracia chapter 21 is one of the worst chapters in the series for me. Here it's just a little tedious. I'll take it.

8 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Holy broc-coli, what a bad opinion.

We *duel* at midnight.

I jest, I just needed an excuse to use it. Zelkov seems cool.

He really is. He's melodramatic in the most mundane of contexts and I am all for it. Plus, his design is excellent.

Not much! Just playing the game, really. I think with all the paralogues I've been doing I've unintentionally overlevelled, but hey-ho.

Meanwhile I saved the paralogues till I was overleveled from the main story lol

6 minutes ago, joevar said:
Spoiler

has had trouble because we didnt finish marni.mauvier fast enough

Spoiler

Yeah i finished these 2 (+ Celica guy) very fast. Corrin helped alot as her ability to freeze people + terrain manipulation is really really strong, so when they started rush me i just Corrin'd them xD

Ngl

Corrin!Alear is like the best designed lord in the series

So damn unique

I wonder if they didn't come with the emblem engage idea that would've been Alear's gimmick

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Fyi

Punches use avg between str and mag for calculations

Huh… that’s… huh. But it would still be better to focus on the higher magic, no?

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Etie would benchpress Panette if you just gave her a chance.

I did give her a chance. I used her until chapter 10 as a flier delete button. She was cool, I just wanted to use others more.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But it would still be better to focus on the higher magic, no?

Depends on what your team needs

13 minutes ago, Tsundwraith said:

Ah, the majesty of the sky, with its azure sheets and it’s cute white pillows.

He's mindbroken

I GAVE SOMMIE CHICKEN AND IT TURNS OUT HE DOESN'T LIKE CHICKEN! HE MADE A SAD FACE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

8 hours ago, joevar said:

how... dont you use arena and cooking? i guess its time for you to hit those skirmishes hell then

or just like sooks, start giving gifts.

Yeah but the gifts only affect Alear's Supports. And cooking is too slow for how limited it is.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

I mean, I only read her C with Mauvier and she was as bland, generic and boring as it gets. Cute and gentle dragon loli that is nice and childish. Sure, there's further context, but ultimately, it's just a Kaga moment, and when the Kaga moment is over she turns generic. Which wouldn't be that bad, but I really dislike dragon lolis, so uh.... Yeah. I'd rather watch Mauvier cope with the regret of his past actions and his inability to find a boat.

Spoiler

For me it's the execution. Veyle ripping off the helmet through sheer force of will already puts her above Kaga moments because we all know damn well that Kaga wouldn't have allowed that lol. Veyle also showing remorse for the things her other self did adds an extra layer imo. You didn't really get that out of say, Julia for instance.

And yes, Mauvier is cool too. He also sits in the "THE ONE PIECE IS REAL" pose.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehh. I suppose I'm just not one for this kind of overt nostalgia pandering, because the paralogues have been doing nothing for me. I rush through the text so I can get to the gameplay, which I don't do with the main story. Doesn't help that the script in each of them is so blatantly formulaic. Would've rather had less of these and more unit paralogues ngl.

Oh i don't mean the script, i mean the maps themselves. Just seeing it reimagined is pretty neat and it helps that the music goes hard

Admittedly, the difficulty of the earlier ones is non-existent now. Maybe in the next run i'll do these earlier (Ike breaking through the fortress is terrifying lol).

1 hour ago, Tsundwraith said:

Whatever drugs IS gave you fine gentlemen as a preorder bonus for buying the special edition of Engage I want some please.

Guys we lost him.

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh every map they brought back that I've played so far has been a straight improvement.

I do think that's more to the game's mechanics rather than the maps themselves admittedly.

Cause Celica's map is still a Gaiden moment lol.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

, the difficulty of the earlier ones is non-existent now. Maybe in the next run i'll do these earlier

Doing them at their unlock time is pretty tough and satisfying

Especially Ike's. CQ10. They made a Conquest map out of a PoR map

> Balilista Atk+15 Hit+80

> Vantage++ Leif

> Silence Priest

Oh i see this as an accurate recreation of Thracia 22

> Armor unit...with Meteor?

... i sense a plot twist. Or is it just a reference to the Armor dude who get's Asbel'd first turn

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

Yeah i finished these 2 (+ Celica guy) very fast. Corrin helped alot as her ability to freeze people + terrain manipulation is really really strong, so when they started rush me i just Corrin'd them xD

Ngl

Corrin!Alear is like the best designed lord in the series

So damn unique

I wonder if they didn't come with the emblem engage idea that would've been Alear's gimmick

I have to agree, Corrin does wonders for Alear. It's funny, because the game at no point hints or implied that it is a good option, let alone the objectively best combination for either the unit or the ring. Heck, the ones they keep pushing actually suck. Marth is useless on Alear and putting an Emblem on Seadall is wasting it.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I did give her a chance. I used her until chapter 10 as a flier delete button. She was cool, I just wanted to use others more.

Yes, well, that is your loss.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I GAVE SOMMIE CHICKEN AND IT TURNS OUT HE DOESN'T LIKE CHICKEN! HE MADE A SAD FACE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sommie making a sad face for two fractions of a second when you feed him something he doesn't like is enough to make one want to jump off the Somniel in penitence.

But he wouldn't want that. He would want you to try again!

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hide contents

For me it's the execution. Veyle ripping off the helmet through sheer force of will already puts her above Kaga moments because we all know damn well that Kaga wouldn't have allowed that lol. Veyle also showing remorse for the things her other self did adds an extra layer imo. You didn't really get that out of say, Julia for instance.

And yes, Mauvier is cool too. He also sits in the "THE ONE PIECE IS REAL" pose.

Spoiler

You know, I hadn't thought of that. Yeah that's true, if it had been Kaga Mauvier would've played the shining white knight and Veyle would've been his useless damsel.

Instead, Veyle breaks through by her own force of will (and Marni's sacrifice), and Mauvier gets to be a redeemed badass without victimizing Veyle for his sake like Kaga DEFINITELY would've.

Yeah you're completely right, she's leagues above Kaga's girls. Which is really sad lol

....Incidentally, while I don't know One Piece, I do find Mauvier's pose to be pretty great. It's such an evil pose, like the guy isn't a big depressed cinnamon roll.

Oh i don't mean the script, i mean the maps themselves. Just seeing it reimagined is pretty neat and it helps that the music goes hard

Admittedly, the difficulty of the earlier ones is non-existent now. Maybe in the next run i'll do these earlier (Ike breaking through the fortress is terrifying lol).

Yeah, I do agree with this.

I do think that's more to the game's mechanics rather than the maps themselves admittedly.

Cause Celica's map is still a Gaiden moment lol.

Indeed. Well, indeed on the first part. Haven't done Celica yet.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Doing them at their unlock time is pretty tough and satisfying

Especially Ike's. CQ10. They made a Conquest map out of a PoR map

Too bad I wanted to hold off for my eagerly awaited characters lol, that sounds legitimately amazing. Such a shame paralogues don't scale. Perhaps in maddening it will be a different story.

huh, even corrin extra skill is good enough to put in extra/support char like gentle touch, or HP, for low cost of SP..
is Corrin secretly best avatar/MC before Alear actually 😳

huh.. i just met Ruben character older character. nice to see indeed we've gone back to more varied age. hopefully theres more

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

exceeded my expectations in both departments.

6C7911377-tdy-130617-leo-toasts-1.jpg

i get the urge to see your opinion before the game comes out.

4 minutes ago, joevar said:

It's pretty clear the team holds Corrin in high regards.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

have to agree, Corrin does wonders for Alear. It's funny, because the game at no point hints or implied that it is a good option, let alone the objectively best combination for either the unit or the ring

Aside from both being dragons, but yes.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Marth is useless on Alear

Marth is good early on for Break Defense. Later on probably on someone with high Atk low spd to get a double attack upon break.

Also that Thracia final map remix :gasm:

Lucina’s paralogue was nice and quick and relatively easy, now that I’m actually around the appropriate level for it. I’m wondering if I was over leveled because Lucina herself was plenty weak and easy to take down, but all the enemies did so much damage. I could only barely not die.

Anyway, on to Lyn’s.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Marth is useless on Alear and putting an Emblem on Seadall is wasting it.

Marth does get the "extra attack if you Break" skill, which is neat. But like anybody can do that.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

You know, I hadn't thought of that. Yeah that's true, if it had been Kaga Mauvier would've played the shining white knight and Veyle would've been his useless damsel.

Instead, Veyle breaks through by her own force of will (and Marni's sacrifice), and Mauvier gets to be a redeemed badass without victimizing Veyle for his sake like Kaga DEFINITELY would've.

Yeah you're completely right, she's leagues above Kaga's girls. Which is really sad lol

Spoiler

Kaga when Veyle rips off the helmet through sheer force of will while still taking responsibility for what she's done

Anyways here's Mauvier doing the One Piece is real pose

20230128_104322.jpg

83c50-16617042370814-1920.jpg

It's like the same fucking pose lmao.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Such a shame paralogues don't scale

When the skirmishes scale but the paralouges don't moment.

Should've done a Fates.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's pretty clear the team holds Corrin in high regards

I do like how Corrin is better in this game than in Fates.

... actually Corrin generally seems to be a better character when he/she isn't in Fates lmao. 

If I had a nickel for every time a character was better in a crossover, I'd have three nickels, which isn't a lot, it's just weird it's happened thrice.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Lucina’s paralogue was nice and quick and relatively easy, now that I’m actually around the appropriate level for it. I’m wondering if I was over leveled because Lucina herself was plenty weak and easy to take down, but all the enemies did so much damage. I could only barely not die.

Anyway, on to Lyn’s.

It's literally Arena Ferox, there was only so much you could do there.

24 minutes ago, joevar said:

huh, even corrin extra skill is good enough to put in extra/support char like gentle touch, or HP, for low cost of SP..

Corrin has Garon's blood coursing through her veins. Of course she is best Emblem.

huh.. i just met Ruben character older character. nice to see indeed we've gone back to more varied age. hopefully theres more

"Ruben character" lol

Anyway, use him. Magical zerker for the win.

6C7911377-tdy-130617-leo-toasts-1.jpg

i get the urge to see your opinion before the game comes out.

"Fire Emblem is dead."

...yeah that was my knee jerk reaction to Marth and Toothpaste-chan yelling Emblem Engage.

Needless to say, things have changed slightly.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Marth is good early on for Break Defense. Later on probably on someone with high Atk low spd to get a double attack upon break.

Yes but he doesn't synergize that well with Alear. Doesn't add much to what Alear already has.

Then again, I generally find Marth to be the worst Emblem. He's not terrible, but everyone else brings more to the table than he does.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Ya know what

This is a Thracia map, imma play it like a Thracia map

"Get the warps, the rewarps, the silences and the rescues!

Hey is that physic staff? Get that as well!"

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

When the skirmishes scale but the paralouges don't moment.

Should've done a Fates.

They probably don't scale so people don't cry about the difficulty or something

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I do like how Corrin is better in this game than in Fates.

... actually Corrin generally seems to be a better character when he/she isn't in Fates lma

Yeah lol

Like Iron will? CORRIN? kek

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then again, I generally find Marth to be the worst Emblem.

Yeah he is boring old Marth lol

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

They probably don't scale so people don't cry about the difficulty or something

This would make sense if the skirmishes weren't harder than the game itself lol.