Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I found it pretty funny that they let you adopt animals chilling in villages. Just, kidnapping people's pets. Who's going to say anything? I'm Literally God and I have the crown heirs of the four nations behind me!

Anyway, yes. That's totally how it happens. I believe it.

Imagine stuffing the deer in a sack. XD

See, this is why you need the dragon form.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay no but really, how do actual artists do this shit? How do they do so that their sweaty fucking hands don't erase half the drawing and/or turn it into a wasteland of dirt patches? How do I hold the paper without putting my hand on it, goddammit? The entire thing's super gross now... Do I need like, a stand or something?

Anyway.

I couldn't resist. I drew another Etie.

uUyn4wjs_o.jpg

I need to stop drawing Eties.

I forgot the warrior coat.

The photo is horrible

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I think it needs the hit/avo triangle with it as well so dodgetanking becomes a bit less viable, but gotta see how it's in maddening first.

But generally i agree yh. Especially with how team composition matters thanks to it. But Unit types add to that as well

I haven’t been using breaking much since the early game, tbh. This is because, for the most part, you can’t take more than one hit on enemy phase without dying, unless you’re in the class that can’t be broken. Then on player phase leaving anyone who isn’t like Timerra or Alear in enemy range is a bad idea, so whether they would get countered or not doesn’t really matter unless it would kill them. And it doesn’t work on bosses so y’know.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Joke's on the enemy, though. Critdon is an even more unstoppable force of nature now!

There’s gameplay benefit to it?

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Is it true that units keep their experience if you retry after Alear is defeated?

If it is, pretty sure that they took it out of Maddening.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

“How the hell do you save the crystals in Byleth’s para—“

>you get an elixir and talisman for saving them all

Lmao

Being quick I suppose. Also taking advantage they will prioritize the crystals over your units, so you can plan your movements without worrying.

That's how I managed to save them all.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There’s gameplay benefit to it?

Perhaps. You'll see.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

“How the hell do you save the crystals in Byleth’s para—“

>you get an elixir and talisman for saving them all

Lmao

Hah! I did well to ignore them.

Oh so apparently the enemy AI in this paralogue prioritizes the crystals over anything else. If there is a crystal in their range and they can kill a unit, they’ll go for the crystal.

Well. That made everything easier.

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Being quick I suppose. Also taking advantage they will prioritize the crystals over your units, so you can plan your movements without worrying.

Yep, that.

You know, the avid fanfic writer in me has been thinking up Engage related ideas. Among them are, I'll admit, a what-if scenario for the story where The Funny of Chapter 10 is avoided... but also make it so we still get that

Spoiler

Six vs Six Emblem clash at Chapter 17.

Which, naturally, means spacing more when you get certain Emblems. Some ideas I had for that are

Spoiler

Morion does bring Roy with him to fight Hyacinth, so when he falls... yep, the Ring gets taken.

Ivy is only able to take one Emblem with her instead of two. I was thinking it'd be the Lucina one, so that Corrupt Hyacinth has Lyn instead at Florra Port. Alternatively, it is Roy who she managed to take away from them. Which would likely make Diamant and Alcryst be even more receptive to welcome her in, as she basically brought Roy back to them.

But then, you may ask, how does Chapter 11 goes then? Well, I was thinking that

Spoiler

Alear and company realize that they may have five Emblems with them, but at that point Elusia also has five... plus Sombron and Veyle are right there. So a tactical retreat ensues as the balance of power is still favoring Elusia. They still get funneled to run south in the direction of Solm, but instead of a complete hopeless run it's more a proper clash against Veyle and the Hounds. I'd take a side note to comment this would allow Eirika to show up much earlier than all the way to the events of Chapter 16!

Granted, because of this, it means that

Spoiler

Elusia is down to four Emblems to Alear's six. Which means both Corrin and Ike have to be taken by Elusia. Corrin is easy, since being isolated in some ruins means the Hounds can get in, take the ring before Alear can, and leave behind the Corrupted as a distraction to either escape or take the Ring to begin with.

Now granted, it'd be harder with Ike, but I was thinking... maybe Timerra didn't actually took the Ring, but Alear is still directed to find her. So when the Elusians invade the castle... surprise! Turns out it was in the doodad drawer after all, so it gets easily snatched away. At the same time, this means Hortensia isn't allowed to keep the Ring she took once her mind-control is broken. Like, likely Zephia grabs it before escaping herself. Also for this the Hounds too would be using the Rings to balance things out too. Between the three that are present for that chapter and Hortensia, that's the four they'd currently have accounted right there (sure, they'd also have Ike, but they wouldn't have a way to activate it right there).

That's all I have so far. Granted, I know Engage did things in certain ways, mostly due to wanting to do all the nods to the past games due to Anniversary Game and all that, but... well, in a fanfic, I don't have to abide to that, now don't I?

Alright, this is where you guys begin to say my idea sucks.

image.png

This is what the game needs

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No that is not true, I did not date a 50 year old, I dated a 65 year old. There is a clear difference. Even he thought I was an idiot for doing it.

Joke's on the enemy, though. Critdon is an even more unstoppable force of nature now!

Least hypocritical censorship fan

Also, did you betray Vander!?!?!?!?

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

My personal belief is that people should stop giving a fuck about anime ages

B-but how are they going to do virtue signalling!?

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>spectre

Just a reminder | Geiger Counter | Know Your Meme

4 hours ago, Tsundwraith said:

Amen Armagon. Who needs those silly pesky things like world building, believable character motivation or internal plot consistency when you have great gameplay! And of course Hortensia!

I like to see that even you have succumbed to Hortensia's charms, Wraith.

1674366150326.jpg

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I wish I knew who made this, it just popped up in one of the discord servers where I lurk.

That's from the r/shitpostemblem subreddit, by u/Leaf_Caper. Pretty funny sub.

I just got Byleth’d

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, the avid fanfic writer in me has been thinking up Engage related ideas. Among them are, I'll admit, a what-if scenario for the story where The Funny of Chapter 10 is avoided... but also make it so we still get that

Reveal hidden contents

Six vs Six Emblem clash at Chapter 17.

FUCK

FUCK

Okay so before I saved all the crystals because enemy AI but unless they have the same AI after getting Byleth’d, it’s not worth the effort for an elixir and talisman.

But even then, the fliers simply have too much move for where the enemies are. I think it’s time to abandon the crystals, because I don’t feel like doing the map again for an elixir and talisman (and idk how to survive the last stretch without browning my army back together, although not having wasted Eirika’s skill would have helped.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay so before I saved all the crystals because enemy AI but unless they have the same AI after getting Byleth’d, it’s not worth the effort for an elixir and talisman.

But even then, the fliers simply have too much move for where the enemies are. I think it’s time to abandon the crystals, because I don’t feel like doing the map again for an elixir and talisman (and idk how to survive the last stretch without browning my army back together, although not having wasted Eirika’s skill would have helped.

They do. Even Byleth goes for the crystals first from what I remember. Just be careful because the Warp Staff guys will use them to pull a fast one on you.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Green06 said:

Serenes fucked up qouting

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

I do think marrying Anna and Jean should not have been a thing in the first place

Yeah i agree with you there.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

It only is because S-Supports are mandated by the government.

The world without s supports:

simpsons-lawyers.gif

Then again no S-supports would probably mean no FE, so....

A world without Engage sounds really sucky tbh

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

haven’t been using breaking much since the early game, tbh. This is because, for the most part, you can’t take more than one hit on enemy phase without dying,

Theoretically thst should make breaking more valuable as an enemy you can't kill but break is an extra attack you can tank on enemy phase. Also ranged enemies usually i try to break first if i can't without eating a counter....but i'll see qhen i get to maddening

1 hour ago, FlyingKitsune said:

That's from the r/shitpostemblem subreddit, by u/Leaf_Caper. Pretty funny sub.

lucina-lucina-no.gif

59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just got Byleth’d

Byleth: i could play the map normally....

Or i could use the warp staff!

Truly the player avatar?

1 hour ago, Green06 said:

B-but how are they going to do virtue signalling!?

Nah man you like anime means you need to be put in prison fr fr.

It's quite annoying honestly, how people raise a stink about every little thing.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

lucina-lucina-no.gif

They do output some funny memes when they feel like it and they're not talking about Three Houses discourse.

zn5s8k8oqh9a1.jpg?width=782&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=11ad5d700753b61734fc76e67b24c10e0ba23ba3

>Comes up with a strategy to survive

>9% crit kills Alfred

Is the constant low% crit on enemies a maddening thing or is that happening to you guys too?

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Theoretically thst should make breaking more valuable as an enemy you can't kill but break is an extra attack you can tank on enemy phase.

How..?

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

If you break them you don't eat a counter on player phase

Yeah but usually it’s either: a gang of enemies whose hits you can’t all survive, so the individual hit doesn’t really matter, or being able to be countered by that enemy has you in the range of another, but your units who can attack from 2-3 range won’t get countered and can set up the kill (although with break you can do it the other way around if you want to), hence it not mattering much.

There are exceptions, obviously.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah but usually it’s either: a gang of enemies whose hits you can’t all survive

I mean yeah, but you could - theoretically - kill some but not all and leave some alive while doing without taking damage on player phase, making surviving on enemy phase easier to calculate. I had some cases like this

People are saying money game gives you is too low and complaining lol?

I think it's tight but it's just right, not really low...

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is the constant low% crit on enemies a maddening thing or is that happening to you guys too?

I wouldn't call 9% low but yes, happens on hard too kek

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Guys holy shit. So thanks to the YouTube algorithm, I have found out something: Fire Emblem Engage has an alternate bad ending. As in "Link failed to stop the moon" type of bad ending, which you get by getting a game over in the final battle.

I imagine most players would go without seeing this at all and it's obviously not something you're intended to get, especially considering this is the first time Fire Emblem has done this but I'll post it here (it does show the final map near the start FYI)

Spoiler

This is the darkest possible fate out of any Fire Emblem character. Alear and Veyle are the only survivors except Veyle's evil side comes back permanently and Alear is an Emblem, which means she plays by Emblem rules.....which means she can be summoned as a Dark Emblem. But unlike the others, she's fully conscious. Conscious yet no will of her own.

Sigurd, the House Lords, Hector, Azura, they got nothing on this. Cause they just die and that's it. There are fates worse than death.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'd say Legion and Iris have a chance of showing up, but they might stick to just the Showa monsters...

Iris should show up, it's a sick Kaiju.

Though I suppose they can make new ones. Actually, Gamera really doesn't revisit Kaiju that much, Gyaos is the only recurring one.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay no but really, how do actual artists do this shit? How do they do so that their sweaty fucking hands don't erase half the drawing and/or turn it into a wasteland of dirt patches? How do I hold the paper without putting my hand on it, goddammit? The entire thing's super gross now... Do I need like, a stand or something?

Most artists draw digitally nowadays. 

Trust me in the few art classes I took, these things also happened.

26 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

A world without Engage sounds really sucky tbh

"We got rid of S-Supports"

"What did it cost"

"Everything"

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Guys holy shit. So thanks to the YouTube algorithm, I have found out something: Fire Emblem Engage has an alternate bad ending. As in "Link failed to stop the moon" type of bad ending, which you get by getting a game over in the final battle.

I imagine most players would go without seeing this at all and it's obviously not something you're intended to get, especially considering this is the first time Fire Emblem has done this but I'll post it here (it does show the final map near the start FYI)

Hide contents

This is the darkest possible fate out of any Fire Emblem character. Alear and Veyle are the only survivors except Veyle's evil side comes back permanently and Alear is an Emblem, which means she plays by Emblem rules.....which means she can be summoned as a Dark Emblem. But unlike the others, she's fully conscious. Conscious yet no will of her own.

Sigurd, the House Lords, Hector, Azura, they got nothing on this. Cause they just die and that's it. There are fates worse than death.

Oh yeah, had already looked that up.

It's truly... something.

No Lego Sephiroth, why even live?

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes, you first have the option to Rewind. Then if you cancel that (or just plain can't in the higher difficulties I guess), you get the option to quit, retry while keeping EXP, and retry without keeping EXP.

So what you're saying is, the optimal grinding strategy might work? I doubt it would be very time efficient however.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I remember when the same enemy crit Jade twice in a row. She would've survived otherwise.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Iris should show up, it's a sick Kaiju.

Though I suppose they can make new ones. Actually, Gamera really doesn't revisit Kaiju that much, Gyaos is the only recurring one.

There have only been four Gamera movies since the Showa era, so there haven't been as many opportunities to revisit older monsters as with the Godzilla series. I think there was a manga in the continuity of the Heisei trilogy that brought back Barugon though.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Most artists draw digitally nowadays. 

Trust me in the few art classes I took, these things also happened.

Now that you mention it, I remember that a fellow student in my college drew a group shot of Fire Emblem villains once. I wonder how it turned out...