Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I would like to dub my latest drawing

The beard-off

IMG_20230202_212956.jpg?width=828&height=621

It's not over yet, I have to add some hypemen to this legendary battle.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Welcome to the club

The next few years in the fanbase are gonna be fuuuuuuun

Then again, not first time, it's Fates all over again

People outright told me not to get into FE back then cuz Fates lmao.

Haha... Ah, well. I expect I won't be getting into any more arguments after this. There just isn't any point to it. Nobody's going to change anybody's minds, it's just tiresome arguing for the sake of arguing. It just isn't as much fun outside of here.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And your Engage thoughts are nice 😄

Thanks! I couldn't send-off Engage properly without a good wall o' text.

9 minutes ago, Spara said:

Oh, my god.
It's BEAUTIFUL.

Lemme tell you, the massive grin on my face when I got to the last part and saw for myself that I had just gotten away with that. What a perfect way to finish Engage.

9 minutes ago, Spara said:

I started a Maddening run last night. Just finished Chapter 5, so far it's pretty fun. Clanne is an autobench though, deals like no damage to anyone that isn't an armor knight. 

Clanne ain't got shit on Mage Boucheron.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Time for the last paralogue

Game is ending why ;_;

That's how I felt too. Do not despair, however. Maddening and the DLC yet remain. Plus you have to use the Old People Squad

Actually, I'm curious about that. What's your team looking like? Anyone else who wants to show some teams, feel free to do so, too!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, I'm curious about that. What's your team looking like? Anyone else who wants to show some teams, feel free to do so, too!

That will have to wait. There is a way to pass Switch screenshots to a computer, right?

Incidentally, I just got around to checking out the CyL results.

...yeah, I wasn't expecting to beat the campaign Desaix got. Dude jumped to 80. That being said, Frost did jump from bottom 10 to bottom 30. That's pretty nice, right? Ahh I'm not even getting the pity trophy, am I.

Oh well. Let's see who lost... Alder, with a single vote. Two questions: Why is a nothing NPC with like, two cutscenes in this list, and why did one person vote for him?

As for the lowest ranking playable character... Dalvin, okay, FE4 sub, as expect... Oh shit, Luke's second last! Damn! I knew New Mystery was unpopular, but the fact that one of the starter cast got 5 votes... Dang. At least Leiden escaped last place this time. Got a single vote and tied with Luke to beat Dalvin. Good work!

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That will have to wait. There is a way to pass Switch screenshots to a computer, right?

Just connect it with a cable. A phone charger should do it. Alternatively, there's a slightly more cumbersome way with QR codes and smartphones. I think this video covers both rather thoroughly.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Plus you have to use the Old People Squad

Will probably use them more during support grind post game and later runs/iron mans for sure

Curse you deployment slots xD

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's your team looking like?

Will share at final map like i do with every FE run 😄

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Time to say goodbye to this Goat'd theme

o7

Also, one of the rare route maps in the series i disn't hate myself while playing....

And they fixed player phase reinforcements with one simple trick

> refreshed all player phase units again

They should've done this in ch.14 kek

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Time to say goodbye to this Goat'd theme

o7

Time to go back to the Evil Dubstep.

Also, one of the rare route maps in the series i disn't hate myself while playing....

And they fixed player phase reinforcements with one simple trick

> refreshed all player phase units again

Engage does everything right.

They should've done this in ch.14 kek

...uh, except that.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Most people only played 3H, don't forget that.

And while i probably like 3H gameplay more than most oldies (i will put it above half the series honestly), i see that it's maddening mode absolutely sucks (inflation + ambush bleh), balance is pathetic, and the monastery is a damn pain. Doesn't hold a candle to the likes of Fates or Engage

I mean, it doesnt seem right to judge like that when most games havent even been played i think.

As for simply 3H vs Engage, well I dislike 3H so its obvious which side im on! (Besides, Engage has Lucina and for me thats an auto +, sorry 3H) xd

Edited by Lightcosmo

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

uh, except that.

Yeah

But i can forgive that lol

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Evil Dubstep.

One more thing to blame 3H for:

Introducing dubstep villains

Damn it 3H i love you but you making it pretty hard right now lmao

7 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I mean, it doesnt seem right to judge like that when most games havent even been played i think.

As for simply 3H vs Engage, well I dislike 3H so its obvious which side im on! (Besides, Engage has Lucina and for me thats an auto +, sorry 3H) xd

Good Cosmo.

Lucina served me well thoughout the run. She hopped from character to character until she found her ideal partner in the old man. The amount of extra thunderbolts he shot at people with Lucina's power!

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah

But i can forgive that lol

Same. It is only the one time, after all.

Imagine being so cool you don't have The Bad Map™, but rather, The Bad Turn™.

One more thing to blame 3H for:

Introducing dubstep villains

I think the main problem with the Evil dubstep is that it plays all the time lol

I dunno how difficult it would've been to do, with the boss themes that continue playing after battle, but I feel each of the Hounds having their own theme would've gone a long way. Alas...

Damn it 3H i love you but you making it pretty hard right now lmao

Every time I see something like this being said all I can think is

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

> Panette

> Merciless

> Momentum

> Silver GreatAxe

> 91 Damage

Wew

Hot fucking damn. I definitely did not utilize her well in my run. It was my fault all along, not hers...

...this game treated me too well with all the tough ladies around. Then you add Vandad and Lindpa and it's like, what did I ever complain about with the character designs? They made this game for me. All along it was an apology to me specifically for Houses.

See now all I need is Emblem Hanneman and playable Sean and you-know-who from Solm and it'll be perfect

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hot fucking damn. I definitely did not utilize her well in my run.

Tbf, Merciless and Momentum can be on anyone. And Silver GreatAxe has 32 MT. Weapons in this game are no joke.

Pannette's personal stacks great with wrath and killer weapons tho

So here I am again, theory crafting what-if stuff for Engage.

(Spoilers up to Chapter 25 I suppose)

Spoiler

You know, what could possibly change if Lumera had survived?

Like, I get it. Anniversary Game. Must put references. Mikoto 2.0 even with the part of being 'revived' by the bad guy and must be fought as a boss.

Still, it's just fascinating to think how the story would go if she had lived. Or at least, not die so early. Granted, due to the whole 'placed most of her power into Alear to turn them into a Divine Dragon or partly', it means she could not do much but remain in Lythos, business as usual. It'd make her more of an Eleanora than a Mikoto... but at least she'd be there. And unlike with Eleanora, Alear would seem to have more chances to see her every now and then during the adventure. Maybe she could show up in the Somniel too.

Alternatively, if we were to preserve her dying and becoming a Corrupted, then perhaps her death could be moved to... Chapter 10. We aren't even shown how Alear and company escaped. We just have to take for granted they did, despite Sombron, Veyle, the Hounds, and the Corrupted Emblems all being there. So, why not...

Mom dearest bursts into the cathedral in her dragon form? She's aware she is severely weakened and would be facing Sombron himself that way... but doesn't care. The safety of her adopted child is paramount. So yes, she'd die... but it would allow Alear and friends to escape. Plus, with her corpse would be left behind right there, ripe to be turned into a Corrupted... well, once those modifications Veyle spoke of were made. Since... actually, since Lumera got a funeral and all, does that mean Sombron committed grave robbery? I guess!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good Cosmo.

Lucina served me well thoughout the run. She hopped from character to character until she found her ideal partner in the old man. The amount of extra thunderbolts he shot at people with Lucina's power!

Best FE character does amazing things! ❤️

gsdx-20230202164317.pnggsdx-20230202163514.png

Uhhh... okay. Not like I was expecting this walking through the desert in search of cotton. I know he was in the opening, but I wasn't expecting so feral a thing to be playable, though he'd be merely a supportive Mana NPC.

Actually, can I keep him? Hulking armored dragon guy who appears and joins on a whim is inexplicably weirdly awesome.

gsdx-20230202145546.png

Hasn't said a cryptic word explaining her obvious importance yet. Nor why she looks like a child version of AI1's Iris.

gsdx-20230202144257.png

Why is this the second Fairy (not a Wood Mana, they greatly resemble each other but are entirely unrelated) to be a hopeless romantic? Still, I like how expressive his artwork is.😆

Given the game's opening and Mr. Lizard above, I take it he's playable. Except Viese hasn't seen any combat yet. The game has been focusing on Felt, wandering a vast world with conflict where Mana is low and alchemy is regarded as a rare and dark art. Whereas Viese remains in the shaken yet still idyllic floating island of Eden, where alchemy, Mana, and Manas flourish.

gsdx-20230202152916.png

Since Viese and Felt are separated, they communicate now via letters magically sent through their Share Rings, which also lets items, alchemy recipes, Elements, and money flow back and forth between them. The letters look charming.

Other remarks:

• Attack animations in this game are fast, a little too fast, it's hard to see the numbers I deal and take. But then I don't need to b/c that's what displayed HP numbers is for.
  • I can also see HP bars for the bad guys, not the exact numbers, but a bar is good enough. Another small yet appreciated improvement.
  • Combat being a little more sophisticated than AI1, there are actually decent tutorials for it this time.
  • Nectar can be cheaply synthesized almost right away, revival for everyone!
  • Dungeons seem a tad longer already, which might be good as AI1's were pretty short.
  • Accessories can be synthesized too, a few could in AI1 actually, but nothing I seriously used. This game seems much better about it.
  • The old field actions have been replaced by being able to use some alchemized items on interact-able objects, like insta-growth fertilizer on plants to make them bloom, or a pickax on mining deposits.
  • Manas are no longer equippable, but that's fine. They weren't very strategic, and they don't have those energy and love stats that were utterly trivial to keep maxed out at all times.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah it's gone full-on JRPG. An evil empire in Atelier sounds so outlandish to me lmao.

"How evil?" do you ask?

gsdx-20230202151147.png

Wait what the fuck? That sounds awful.

One notably bad instance of it was that there were two lategame shops that didn't use traditional money, they used items as currency instead. One of currency items -Pendlehooks- could only be made via synthesis, at the cost of 3 of Mini Pendlehooks for 1 of the normal-sized version. This meant that to buy everything you wanted from that shop, you would have to make several trips to where Mini Pendlehooks could be collected and then one to the place for synth, and then off to the shop, which given the objects there cost more than 9 Pendlehooks, meant you have to repeat this several times. T'was a bit tedious.

In general, the 9 per item cap meant there were usually materials laying around that I simply could not take in b/c I already maxed out on them. A minor annoyance made tolerable by the fact Shop Synthesis barely factored into the gameplay for me, and Mana Synthesis wasn't an issue b/c 99 was the limit on all Elements, even if Mana Items still abided by the 9 cap + Klein could synth mid-battle.

0/10 worst game.

gsdx-20230202154240.pnggsdx-20230202160652.png

I stand corrected.

It seems completely random though. Not sure if only some interact-able barrels allow for shouting, or if it's a low % chance with any such wooden cask. The only exception is the one Felt was interacting with above, that was a guaranteed shout. His "?" instead of a "!" on the end is likely because the next plot scene revealed a fugitive rebel was hiding in it, having used the barrel to escape imperial detection.