• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The mods listened to my complaints and banned a bunch of people, now the server is dead. Be careful what you wish for.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1021050360216961074/1042164069584601088/Screenshot_20221106_223933.jpg

17 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's not flawed, it's Kaga's personal bias. Why else make a midquel there?

Because it's the only place where things were happening while our heroes grew up

Damn you IS, where's my Agustria 778??????

15 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So does Anankos

George costanza, Seinfeld, Seinfeld meme

Go back to your Laguz sues

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Genealogy revolutionizes gaming industry with an explorable map even bigger than GTA V's.

Switches have been reported to explode within 5 seconds of booting the game.

If the Switch can handle BotW it can handle an open world FE4 As long as they optimize it, that is

cough couch 3H

I will do what I must.

image.png

Don't lie, you changed it so as not to give me an opening.

I was going to change anyway, you just sped up the process lol

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I made a mistake. I got into an argument with an Engage hater. On Reddit, to boot! I've been trying my hardest not to fall into this trap, because there's just no point, but reading "people are only fine with Engage's story because of the nostalgia pandering" grinded my gears, I'll admit. It's like gameplay is a tiny little afterthought, on the level of graphics, so the only reason anyone could possibly like this game is because they are blinded by the past protags. Please...

image.png

Me every time a game that I like is divisive

Also, when are you going to update your profile with Engage finally trumping New Mystery?

I hope 23Luna has more enemy Staves tho. Needs a couple more Freezes and an Entrap or Silence to match Conquest Sakura. Preferably a staffer Griffin Knight in the middle of the Wyverns.

It's has a very similar structure tho.

15 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Damn you IS, where's my Agustria 778??????

Now you remind me of a Thracia hack that was shown at E3 a couple years ago.

35 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

image.png

Me every time a game that I like is divisive

Most smiling and smooth, detested parasites,
Courteous destroyers, affable wolves, meek bears,
You fools of fortune, trencher-friends, times’ flies,
Cap-and-knee slaves, vapours, and minute-jacks!
Of man and beast the infinite malady
Crust you quite o’er.

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, this is so adorable.

My soul is sprained in five places…

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The birth of the Engage Elitists?

An empire of dirt? Truly something worthy of the Greco-Roman tragedies of yore!

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

Wraith while trying to comprehend the “plot” of Engage:

I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I made a mistake. I got into an argument with an Engage hater. On Reddit, to boot! I

Ruben you fool! That's how they get ya.

The characters themselves and the way they interact and act, in story and supports both, are actually pretty good. But the proper events of the plot are just... whatever. I hope the distinction makes any sense.

I think? Cause like plot is merely the sequence of events. It requires characters. Of any kind, but it requires characters.

Plot is the how, characters are the why.

It's why any plot is good on paper but in practice, it depends on what characters you populate it with. It's why characters are so, so damn important.

Like in Fire Emblem alone, Shadow Dragon's plot is barebones because there's barely any characterization of anybody. 

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The next few years in the fanbase are gonna be fuuuuuuun

Then again, not first time, it's Fates all over again

People outright told me not to get into FE back then cuz Fates lmao.

Nah see because TMS' isn't around the corner.

The double-whammy of Fates -> TMS (plus the announcement of the yet unnamed Heroes) set everything on fire.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's your team looking like? Anyone else who wants to show some teams, feel free to do so, too!

I'll share mine when i reach endgame.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

> Panette

> Merciless

> Momentum

> Silver GreatAxe

> 91 Damage

Wew

Maybe Panette and Merrin should swap places.

But then Hobble+Canto is too good to leave behind.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The old field actions have been replaced by being able to use some alchemized items on interact-able objects, like insta-growth fertilizer on plants to make them bloom, or a pickax on mining deposit

As you can imagine, this is very basic stuff for Atelier. A lot of gatherable objects require certain items and tools for you to get them.

I'm guessing Iris 1 ditched them. Or maybe this all started in Iris 2.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, this is so adorable.

I kinda like Diamant and Ivy more, but this is a decent ship as well. I wish they brought back non-avatar paired endings...

To be honest, I never was so amazed by crit cut-ins. They just sort of halt the action entirely for a couple seconds.

in older / low polygon games like in 3DS it helps set the mood since their 3D faces are kinda blurry. but the Switch evidently strong enough to create good 3D model when theres not that much going on screen at once. so crit cut in as a portrait become redudndant since we can just see their face while doing the attack

And now, the team, post-final battle. Spoilerific characters are in a box of their own, so open without worry.

since you asked for others final line up (i think? sorry if i remember wrong) here's mine, the boring the mostly canon team:

spoiler for endgame ofc

Spoiler

uIOVUkEWKH.jpg

i decided to give marth back to Alear since well.. i dont know who to pair with marth. and since theres Veyle to stand in as Dragon unit to use corrin, why not i think. not too shabby as attacker, but definitely able to survive due to high Avo + vantage + unyielding. 

GH08JSSQ8b.jpg

Diamant crit from engraving + Sol works great in helping him stays alive. Also georgios high attack works with Blazing lion one hit, so i maximize on that. outside of that almost never use it.

l9SQKJ5JsB.jpg

his low Str only a hindrance at first half of the game before Luna comes in. When Luna procs, its 90% sure kill even more so when Crit + Luna thats why his Dex need to be high as possible to be consistent.

PiAwemLoQm.jpg

basically a moving Wall almost no damage from small fires. but too slow for a cavalry.. oh well

VSb77o3chr.jpg

staffbot, nuff said.

8OFDbSi53a.jpg

Flying Nuke bomber. should have upgraded alacrity to make it more consistent, instead of tome precision. but at least tome precision helps too when using nova. Her class skill Grasping Void also make sure she become mage killer. top tier unit.

OSNlC1GxcA.jpg

Sandstorm with added defense from Ike works wonders. even normal attack can be a one hit kill

JXEyAFERhX.jpg

i just realized he got the highest stat rating.. a bit of a glass canon tho.

vLYJKOKnVo.jpg

if only i buy wrath instead of gentility, she would kill enemy nonstop. A true Glass canon. just look at that STR

ZEV4K3AZev.jpg

Its very funny when enemy got "no damage" against Lyn's double and instead kill them. A decoy that kills. either way she kills consistenly despite only hitting once due to smash weapon. but can double with other weapon thanks to speedtaker

on0H56ALMj.jpg

another staffbot and backup sniper mage just in case.

yVqqud6cKf.jpg

despite very high stat rating, she falls off in reliability somehow. always get hit from enemy low %, but rarely crit enemy. no to mention many endgame maps rarely had avo tile, unless someone use corrin

4IJnidi9gx.jpg

sweet little sister awww. too slow for a mage. at least she packs a punch and reliably crits even more so than Yunaka. how indeed

bNY9Fg1JiA.jpg

a very versatile unit. Magic attacker but can tank. also can use staff. very good late-game joiners. an actually good "enemy/boss-turned-ally"

i think I missed some legendary weapons. even tho i already did all paralogue, barring the DLC.

6 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

It's Greg Chun, who also voices Ike...

so basically just an afterthought..

2023020222240800_s.jpg?width=1100&height

So for the record, i don't actually ship Alear with anybody. This is more of a  "friends with benefits" situation, the benefits of course being

Ch.22

Spoiler

2023020222242200_s.jpg?width=1100&height

This is gonna synergize extremely well with Alear using Fog Vein.....though that set up requires Seadall....which is a good thing because it adds to the counter anyways.

10 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I wish they brought back non-avatar paired endings...

GrossDentalIlladopsis-size_restricted_1.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

hope 23Luna has more enemy Staves tho. Needs a couple more Freezes and an Entrap or Silence

Why is that? Surely there's a more interesting way to make difficulty than abuse status staves?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Didn't you say there was some kinda replacement?

Oh there is, it's just that Kitsune was talking about the more traditional paired endings.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Playing around staves is part of the challenge, too.

I dunno, i kinda disagree personally. I can understand it, but i dont really like the concept honestly.

One thing I dislike for difficulty is "give the enemy best X option" all of the time. Like, yeah it's "difficult" but not really enjoyable. 

Would be like if all enemies in RD had mastery skills, would be a nightmare to play haha.