Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Oh God I missed one.

Oh no, you get one pair from Wave 1 DLC.

Or do you mean you have the DLC and missed the first pair the game gives you?

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, am I right or am I right? Such an injustice cannot go unpunished.

Maeda and I duel at midnight.

I see the localisation did not think that English-speaking players would be able to process a "sf" and  a "gl" in only one word.

---

Having picked up DA:O after about a week, I decided to play through the different origins to see how they compare to the two I had tried before (Dwarven Commoner and Mage). The good: I think they're all, at worst, pretty good. The bad: My pathological restarteritis is kicking in and demands that I swap from my tree-hugging Mage to this Proper Dwarven Lad:

uBOsChZ.jpg

Other than the part where he's currently stabbing his own head, this screenshot is actually quite cathartic in retrospect.

Opinion that nobody asked for: Human Noble > Dwarven Commoner > Dwarven Noble > Mage >City Elf > Dalish Elf (although this is still a Dwarven Noble that I'm tempted to continue playing).

Spoiler

I hope I'm right about Human Noble and that there's going to be some extra spice when confronting Howe. Well, I hope that confronting Howe is something that will happen eventually - I'm pretty sure he's the guy who hired Zevran to kill the main character, so he seems to be a close ally to Loghain. But even with that being speculation on my part, I think this backstory is a great "riches to rags" set-up, with enough threads from the "riches" period still dangling about to make me anticipate their being picked up again. Is the brother still alive? Will Howe die, preferably slowly? Can House Cousland be restored? I imagine that if you play this first and don't know that Cailan doesn't even survive the extended introductionary phase of the game, his assurance to support revenge against Howe is a bit of a hope spot, too.

Dwarven Commoner doesn't really give that anticipation, although seeing in the Dwarven Noble origin story who the Commoner main character's sister has picked up... Anyway, as much as I like the "riches to rags" from the Human Noble origin, I also appreciate how down in the gutter this origin is. The main character is the hired muscle for a mobster, whose only hope for upward mobility relies on their sister finding a noble to bang. ...yay? This origin also seems to vibe the best with the Grey Warden's uncompromising attitude - anything to survive, in this case specifically by doing whatever is necessary to defeat the darkspawn.

Dwarven Noble also has that "riches to rags" progression; even more fierce than for the Human Noble, who wasn't the child of a king, nor is believed to have killed their brother at the end of the origin story. What I like less about this one is that there's practically no fight against the imminent betrayal. After the Human Noble is under attack by Howe's men, you spend most of the origin fighting your way through the castle, trying to escape. Meanwhile, the dwarf is set up by Bhelen... and then it's only cutscenes with a bit of dialogue until you're thrown into the Deep Road. I guess you're still fighting to get to Duncan, but it's not the same as fighting against the men trying to bring you down.

Circle of Magi has a lot of interesting lore, the story itself is OK. Not the best, not the worst. I played this one twice (to avoid any save game shenanigans after installing a mod), which allowed me to check both the "help Jowan" and "rat Jowan out" versions... and I didn't really like how the latter played out basically the same as the former. When helping Jowan, I only thought that my character, at some point, would've said that alright, door's open, *I* am not trying to run away, so you're on your own - but it's not a big deal that this path wasn't an option. The latter makes Irving look like a giant prick and idiot, letting somebody he knows is a blood mage run wild and incriminating who he seems to consider his "star pupil" just to also incriminate a chantry sister, in order to make the Templars look bad.

Playing as a City Elf seems like the most appropriate origin if you want to play as an asshole. You have ample reason to act not just distrustful, but directly hostile towards anything that doesn't have pointy ears. That said, I'm generally not very fond of sexual violence as a narrative tool, so that's why it's still so low on the list. I am glad that I played this as an Elf woman - instead of the "We must save the helpless women!!!" that I assume the male Elf's story would've been, the helpless woman (well, one of the helpless women) picks up a sword and continues to cut a bloody swath of vengeance. That's better, in my book.

The Dalish origin isn't bad, either, and looking at the whole list, it's kinda interesting in that it's the only one where the main character isn't an outcast joining the Grey Wardens. Instead of being saved from treachery (or law enforcement, as it were), you catch the Darkspawn taint and the cure is to swallow even more Darkspawn taint, and you leave your clan with your status and reputation entirely intact. ...which is less interesting than the tales of politics, oppression, revenge, and whatnot in the other origins, to be honest. Plus, it's kinda disappointing that when you come into contact with the Dalish in the main story (which is where my old Mage is right now, if I continue that save)... it's a different clan. Boo.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2023-02-03-16-09-39-41_b72a20

This is the most "I've only played Three Houses" post I've seen so far.

Somebody liked a thing and seems to be a bit disappointed that the thing isn't there anymore. How horrible. I can see why you're upset.

37 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

RbCvYnS.png

JAevMj6.png

Keep laughing.

I like how her evolution gives her arms.

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

This ain't the worst i have seen in the last 2 hours alone.

Today was a horrible day in the fanbase lmao

I haven't ventured out today, save to whine about Seforia. It that bad?

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I still haven't decided on who to give the Boots to...

I gave 'em to Jade. Then Alfred took Sigurd after reclassing to general.

Second one went to Seadall due to lack of other juicy options.

1 minute ago, ping said:

I see the localisation did not think that English-speaking players would be able to process a "sf" and  a "gl" in only one word.

Well, they corrupted all of the Solm names. Too on the nose, I guess. It is fine, I like Seforia too.

2 minutes ago, ping said:

Somebody liked a thing and seems to be a bit disappointed that the thing isn't there anymore. How horrible. I can see why you're upset.

Nah it's not that, it's him saying "how am I supposed to use different units now" as if the lack of NG+ is somehow keeping him from doing that.

"I may be just a schoolgirl... But now, I'm a schoolgirl with a giant robot!" -Iori Fuyusaka

On 2/2/2023 at 1:21 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I made a mistake. I got into an argument with an Engage hater. On Reddit, to boot!

See, your first mistake was that you were on Reddit in the first place.

40 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Keep laughing.

Just wait until you find the Edelgardite and get her Mega Evolution!

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is the most "I've only played Three Houses" post I've seen so far.

To be fair, Engage having a NG+ wouldn't be a terrible idea, even if 3H had one to make playing the other routes easier. You're certainly not getting another chance to level up weaker units without it.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

To be fair, Engage having a NG+ wouldn't be a terrible idea, even if 3H had one to make playing the other routes easier. You're certainly not getting another chance to level up weaker units without it.

Yeah, truth be told, the skirmishes are pretty crap. I may not get much use out of them, personally, but the way they are designed, it's like... the people skirmishes exist for can't use them because they're way too hard to train weak units. So who were they made for?

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

To be fair, Engage having a NG+ wouldn't be a terrible idea, even if 3H had one to make playing the other routes easier

I don't think levels would carry over tho. SP sure but not the levels themselves.

At any rate, that wasn't the point the guy was making I think.

I do find it rather funny that the guy talks about how 3H let them have "any student they liked" from the very beginning in NG+, when I had to painstakingly wait for Hanneman to join in chapter 8 every time I gave the game another chance. I didn't get my characters that I liked early.

...To be honest though, kinda would be cool if it became a feature in FE that you could have later characters join earlier in a NG+ mode. Momphir with Vandad availability would be like, a dream come true.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It that bad?

There was that whole score talk, then people shit talking Engage for not being 3H, and 3H for not being classic FE, story vs. gameplay (toxic version including anyone who prefers gameplay is now an elitist), DAE FATES BAD, DAE Monastery good, "Why so many characters?", Edel discourse (it never ends), Resource management hard, Character designs 2: Electric Boogaloo, Localization talk (American Politics version + More proof it's a super shitty localization + Anna being romantic in japanese was a bait/taken out of context lmao), "IS shouldn't cater to their Fans", someone spamming anyone who claims to like Engage with some picture, "How replays without Routes", ALL CHARACTERS TEA TIME?, Seforia playable when, etc.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, truth be told, the skirmishes are pretty crap. I may not get much use out of them, personally, but the way they are designed, it's like... the people skirmishes exist for can't use them because they're way too hard to train weak units. So who were they made for?

Honestly? The game was designed without them in mind and IS most likely just want people who skirmish to suffer

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...To be honest though, kinda would be cool if it became a feature in FE that you could have later characters join earlier in a NG+ mode. Momphir with Vandad availability would be like, a dream come true.

I know who would be the first reverse recruitment player lmao

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

There was that whole score talk, then people shit talking Engage for not being 3H, and 3H for not being classic FE, story vs. gameplay (toxic version including anyone who prefers gameplay is now an elitist), DAE FATES BAD, DAE Monastery good, "Why so many characters?", Edel discourse (it never ends), Resource management hard, Character designs 2: Electric Boogaloo, Localization talk (American Politics version + More proof it's a super shitty localization + Anna being romantic in japanese was a bait/taken out of context lmao), "IS shouldn't cater to their Fans", someone spamming anyone who claims to like Engage with some picture, "How replays without Routes", ALL CHARACTERS TEA TIME?, Seforia playable when, etc.

Ahh, alas, people do be p-- WAIT A MINUTE

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Honestly? The game was designed without them in mind and IS most likely just want people who skirmish to suffer

Considering how much of a massive middle finger to the entire 3H fanbase this game is... I wouldn't even be surprised. It's so weird for a company like IntSys to just troll the fanbase for no reason, but it sorta adds up.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I know who would be the first reverse recruitment player lmao

All the best characters join first

but

Vandad and Etie

Equivalent exchange.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, alas, people do be p-- WAIT A MINUTE

cdyGPxF.png

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Considering how much of a massive middle finger to the entire 3H fanbase this game is... I wouldn't even be surprised. It's so weird for a company like IntSys to just troll the fanbase for no reason, but it sorta adds up.

IS: Ya know, we won't be able to create a classic style game for the next decade, what to do?

Fates Team: Let us give newcomers the middle finger?

IS: Perfect!

More devs need to give newcomers the middle finger tbh.

Since I stay clear from the FE subreddit (and most FE-related social media in general), my main exposure to complaining FE fans is people in this thread complaining about people complaining about FE games they shouldn't be complaining about.

OK, that and Wraith complaining about Engage

Or Shrimpy complaining about BinBla

Or Ruben complaining about PoR

Or Armagon complaining about Kaga Emblem

4 minutes ago, ping said:

Since I stay clear from the FE subreddit (and most FE-related social media in general)

Maybe i should do more of that

But what else to do during work lol. Gotta make 3 hours of work fill 8 hours somehow

5 minutes ago, ping said:

Since I stay clear from the FE subreddit (and most FE-related social media in general), my main exposure to complaining FE fans is people in this thread complaining about people complaining about FE games they shouldn't be complaining about.

OK, that and Wraith complaining about Engage

Or Shrimpy complaining about BinBla

Or Ruben complaining about PoR

Or Armagon complaining about Kaga Emblem

We're fans. Complaining is in the blood contract.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wow, that gameplay must’ve really gotten them as high as the Somniel, I know it did for me.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

Guatemala is fun but jeez I'm exhausted with all we've doing. One of the down sides of being neurodivergent with a neurotypical family is that they often pull you along for rides you don't always have the energy for. It's still fun of course but I do wish I had more days where I could just relax and do nothing. Hopefully I'll get more of that soon.

Also having just got the Light Stone in Pokemon Black, I'm curious how much longer it'll take to beat the main story, the final gym leader, and fight the champions maybe.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How?

It always loops back to it?

I mean, she's a TH character, so any comparisons with TH will inevitable include her.

Edited by Acacia Sgt