Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

14 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

This just reminds me of the numerous times I've seen self-proclaimed gamers unironically talk about dissing on them is akin to racism.

This is also right before or after they complain about too many independent women in their vidya games.

"Gamers aren't oppressed, but they sure as hell should be"

It's an old quip, but it's not wrong.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In summary: Break is the most impactful the WT has ever been, Emblems are one of the richest, most enjoyable and surprisingly balanced mechanics in the series, the map design is excellent, the game's take on reclassing is the most painless it has ever been and will greatly add to the replayability, the cast is diverse and unique and I've enjoyed the supports I've read. Also graphically it's the best-looking 3D FE has ever been, and the music is great as always. And Sommie is a thing.

If you want more details, I wrote like ten paragraphs the other day that you seem to have missed.

Well since you stated your opinion I suppose I should expand upon mine.

Pros: The graphics, gameplay and music are pretty good. I enjoyed the emblem gameplay, but didn’t like how the game stripped you of then halfway through. IS might as well have written “buy the expansion pass which will give you emblem bracelets which aren’t taken away from you” because that how I felt while playing it.

Cons: While the characters overall are likable I felt that they were horribly underdeveloped. While there was at least a few instances where I almost got interest in them (Diamant and Alcryst when you first meet them) none of them ever really come together in the end. Both Diamant and Alcryst ceased being interesting after Chapter 10, and it really feels like many of the non-main royal characters could have been given more screen time but weren’t. The supports are not great either. There are a few that do give the characters some backstory but I never felt that they progressed much further then the few characteristics that one sees from normally interacting with them. The villains are at best dumb as dirt and at worst horrifically underdeveloped.

Spoiler

Trying to get the player to sympathize with the Hounds by giving their backstory during or right before their deaths is Engage’s writing at its worst. It feels like the writers realized that the death of the Hounds won’t resonate with players, so tried to give them more characterization at the eleventh hour right before their deaths. The game needed to present this information early and flesh out the characters sooner to get any kind of sympathy from me. It is possible to have a character’s death mean something when the audience has only just met them, Janos Audron jumps immediately to mind, but it requires good writing which Engage isn’t capable of doing.

As for the story, I’ve probably never seen a more boring story told as ineptly in my entire life, and I’ve read Bram Stocker’s The White Worm! Moments that should be impactful lack any sort of punch due to how underdeveloped everything in the plot is. Outside of Solm I felt like all the kingdoms were greatly undeveloped, and I hardly got a sense of who it’s people were or why I should care about them. Lythos was easily the worst due to feeling like less of a kingdom and more like a castle in a field populated by like five people at most. Plus there are a crapload of plot holes and things that are left unexplained, such as:

Spoiler

1. How did the party escape from the cathedral in Chapter 11 without Emblem rings and the time crystal and when the villains had them dead to rights?

2. How does Alear still have a physical body after being turned into an Emblem even though the other characters who are emblems are at most spirits or souls? How is Alear not effect in being banished like the other Emblem rings in the last chapter when they are now also a Emblem as well?

3. Why introduce time travel into the game at the 11th hour and show that Zephia can create an artifact that is more powerful then the Draconic Time Crystal? If Mage Dragons can use magic to time travel why did they use it to win the ancient war? Why doesn’t Sombron use it? The Draconic Time Crystal exists so why not use more powerful versions of it?

4. If Lumera and Alear are worshipped as deities why is no one in the game horrified that the holy land has been raided, a god killed and another one attacked with the intent to kill Alear? Where is the religious zeal? The righteous indignation? Why include overtones of religiosity in the narrative and Alear as a character when it’s never used or treated with the reverence or gravitas it would warrant. A god has been killed and people’s reactions are “That’s sad, I’m sorry for your loss Alear”.

5. Why are there a whole bunch of locations in the world that are exact replicas of important places from the previous games? Did Lumera make them? Where they designed by the ancient Divine Dragons? How come the Emblems can move about and fight the party when it has been established that they are limited in what they can do unless on the Somniel or a person is wearing their ring?

And are the one’s I can come up with off the top of my head.

As for Alear, I just don’t know what they where trying to do with them. It’s established early on that Alear is a bit awkward around people due to being a fish out of water in this new age they find themselves in and are sacred of the Corrupted. However after the first few chapters Alear is speaking to people with no difficulty or awkwardness and outside of being mentioned a few times, especially in Diamant’s C support, the being scared of the Corrupted is never brought up or shown to have any negative effect on Alear in the story.

Spoiler

When Veyle raised Alear as a Corrupted I burst out laughing when she had to restate to the audience Alear had a fear of the Corrupted and that it was brave what they had decided to do to save their friends. Instead of allowing the player to deduce this from what they have learned about Alear over the course of the story (or more aptly what has been established but never used) the game has to tell use this fact instead.

Alear being worshipped as a god was easily the most interesting narrative conceit but again outside of Ivy and Pandoro, nobody seems to treat Alear like one. Instead it feels more like Alear is a celebrity and people are surprised to see/meet them. When Alear is talking to ordinary people shouldn’t  they be in awe of him? Even in a place like Solm which isn’t really religious, shouldn’t it be consider a big deal that a GOD is talking to you? It would be like if a Christian met Jesus Christ, was surprised at first and then proceeded to have a normal discussion with him like nothing is amiss or that this meeting isn’t one of the most significant events in their life. You’re literally talking to the being you worship and pray to everyday! I can buy Alear’s allies being more casual with them after getting to know them, but the first meetings and interactions with everyday people lack any sort of gravitas or impact the way they should. If Alear is treated more like a celebrity and less like a god, why make them a deity in the first place? Just make Alear the legendary hero who defeated Sombron and important dragon prince in the world. That way people’s reactions would make more sense and the  shock of meeting Alear would be more in line with what the game is constantly showing the player.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

6 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I enjoyed the emblem gameplay, but didn’t like how the game stripped you of then halfway through.

I'll admit, it's a bit heartening to read this. From everywhere I've been looking, it was feeling like I was the only person on the planet that didn't liked that. Granted, I'm sure there are others who feel that way... somewhere. Might've been having bad luck looking.

Hide contents

Trying to get the player to sympathize with the Hounds by giving their backstory during or right before their deaths is Engage’s writing at its worst. It feels like the writers realized that the death of the Hounds won’t resonate with players, so tried to give them more characterization at the eleventh hour right before their deaths. The game needed to present this information early and flesh out the characters sooner to get any kind of sympathy from me. It is possible to have a character’s death mean something when the audience has only just met them, Janos Audron jumps immediately to mind, but it requires good writing which Engage isn’t capable of doing.

Spoiler

I feel Marni could've been salvaged... if they hadn't killed her off. Or if Alear had remembered they had the Time Crystal and, you know, used it.

Hide contents

1. How did the party escape from the cathedral in Chapter 11 without Emblem rings and the time crystal and when the villains had them dead to rights?

2. How does Alear still have a physical body after being turned into an Emblem even though the other characters who are emblems are at most spirits or souls? How is Alear not effect in being banished like the other Emblem rings in the last chapter when they are now also a Emblem as well?

3. Why introduce time travel into the game at the 11th hour and show that Zephia can create an artifact that is more powerful then the Draconic Time Crystal? If Mage Dragons can use magic to time travel why did they use it to win the ancient war? Why doesn’t Sombron use it? The Draconic Time Crystal exists so why not use more powerful versions of it?

4. If Lumera and Alear are worshipped as deities why is no one in the game horrified that the holy land has been raided, a god killed and another one attacked with the intent to kill Alear? Where is the religious zeal? The righteous indignation? Why include overtones of religiosity in the narrative and Alear as a character when it’s never used or treated with the reverence or gravitas it would warrant. A god has been killed and people’s reactions are “That’s sad, I’m sorry for your loss Alear”.

5. Why are there a whole bunch of locations in the world that are exact replicas of important places from the previous games? Did Lumera make them? Where they designed by the ancient Divine Dragons? How come the Emblems can move about and fight the party when it has been established that they are limited in what they can do unless on the Somniel or a person is wearing their ring?

Spoiler

2. It's not outright stated, but the implication is that Alear, well, still had their physical body around when The Miracle happened. While for the other Emblems, however they came to be, didn't. Specially since they bring up they aren't THE characters themselves, but more like... echoes, was it? Thus they can still use their body as an Emblem. Which brings an interesting question. Is their body now un-aging like the rings/bracelets? Or will they actually live a lifespan before their body dies and are now a spirit 100% of the time? Unless this is actually addressed in what little of the game I have left to do, then it's fine, I'll know either way.

5. The Emblems state how those places are brimmed with the same kind of special energy that lets them roam freely in the Somniel. That's also how they can make the Fabrications for the Trials like Lumera did for Chapter 2.

As for Alear, I just don’t know what they where trying to do with them. It’s established early on that Alear is a bit awkward around people due to being a fish out of water in this new age they find themselves in and are sacred of the Corrupted. However after the first few chapters Alear is speaking to people with no difficulty or awkwardness and outside of being mentioned a few times, especially in Diamant’s C support, the being scared of the Corrupted is never brought up or shown to have any negative effect on Alear in the story.

I guess the idea is that Alear managed to get over it quickly. We do get lots of time skips between chapters, after all. Like the boat trip from Lythos to Firene. And to be fair, when the first people they meet is... well, Clanne and Framme, some awkwardness will ensue no matter what. lol

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess the idea is that Alear managed to get over it quickly. We do get lots of time skips between chapters, after all. Like the boat trip from Lythos to Firene. And to be fair, when the first people they meet is... well, Clanne and Framme, some awkwardness will ensue no matter what. lol

Then why make it a thing though? As much has I hate FF X Tidus breing a fish out water like Alear was used for more then just exposition. Tidus was unaccustomed to many of Spira’s customs and it’s religion which played a huge part in his awkwardness around people, his growth as a character and how he was able to inspire his allies into fighting against their false religion. It should have been utilized more, especially seeing that while Tidus was in a brand new world, he still had all his previous memories and experiences to draw upon, unlike Alear.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

Before i go and prepare for the final boss to end all final bosses

Time for the usual

PARTY

REVIEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

1. Corrin!Alear

PcDCWxn.jpeg

Best lord in the series? Best lord in the series. Both from Gameplay and character prespective. The story in this game ain't good or anything, but Alear was a really really good character. Gameplay wise, i really thought we got a typical weak lord or something at first, hence i reclassed into Wyvern which fixed his Stats and i felt i hard a Wyvern Corrin for a bit...then i got Corrin and wow, so amazing, so fun to use. The Skill set and Emblem skills work really really well together you can't tell me it's not intended with the Ultility it brings. Really really cool lord.

2. Major Spoilers & Byleth

Spoiler

cyskfqK.jpeg

#DragonGang 

My other fav. Character in the game and it's Heroine. She mirrors Alear in a lot of ways, down to the class and skill set. Daggers and Magic vs. Alear's Swords and Punches, and Fell protection vs. Inspiration. 

Both her and Alear are "Characters going against their evil Origin", a trope in FE i am super fond of, and alot of my fav. characters in the series land in there, so no wonder them being the main characters here made them jump pretty fast to the top of my character list.

She got Byleth because Byleth + Dragon = OP. Also gives her Mag & Spd, stats she needs.

"Let's become Dragons who will save the world" the simple and genuine wish of two evil Dragons

3. Eirika!Framme

YQEY0IF.jpeg

At first a staff bot, later a main puncher, always a Simp. 0 Damage in the early game, 80 damage in the late game. At first i gave her Art focus because she had trash hit rates with Flashing Fist, but then she had no Dodge -> Eirika. Which also gave her Lunar Brace which just make her even kick Armor's ass.

4. Celica!Clanne

GT2FX2T.jpeg

Early game reminded me of Asbel as my main carry as the mage who was fast and could kill stuff. Later on he fell off, but was pretty fast, and then i gave him Bolganone which helped alot. Probably the weakest of the Mages

5. Lyn!Celine

l5IE0lE.jpeg

The Magemidon. So damn fast, nothing could hit her. At first i only gave her Lyn because she had trouble doubling...but then she just snowballed the hell out of the game with the Levin Sword. Probably the most MVPs in the game. Still weak to chain attacks tho especially later on when she couldn't just kill stuff without supports.

Also she would make Tea out of your blood btw.

6. Roy!Yunaka

DHa5qD5.jpeg

Zappy! She carried me through the early-midgame...then fell of a bit later on as she stopped getting any STR for the last 10 levels or so. That where Roy comes and fixes her Str and HP, as she used to staight up get one shotted when hit by anything late game. Quite a few resets because of that.

Let's see if i can forge her a Silver +5 during preps

7. Lucina!Ivy

m5cGFil.jpeg

Flying Mage Dragon Lady. Expectations Camilla, Reality Great Character, and ofc more Magic oriented then STR oriented. She is great, and strong, and Lucina gives her the SPD and DEX to fix the little troubles she had. And flying Mage + Dual Assist = half map chain attack. Almost never used All for One tho.

8. Miccy!Hortensia

DitDySi.jpeg

The bestest Staffbot to ever Staffbot in the series. Really really fun. Also can eat Magic attacks while sleeping.

9. Leif!Rosado

63skcr7.jpeg 

On his join map he was weighted down alot by the silver weapons, so my first instinct was to instantly give him Leif, and it helped. The +Bld from Leif is great, and Arms Shield + Adaptable makes him quite tanky. Has hit problems even with hit +15 tho, then again Leif's weapons have really low hit. Hurricane Axe made him a great EP flier killer...why they weren't sword users ofc.

10. Ike!Timerra

zs2uA6l.jpeg

Giving her STR and Def and synergizing great with Sandstorm, Ike works wonder with her. Her low Bld was lotsa trouble when she joined to Build+4 was the first thing i gave her.

Dies 90% of the time to chain attacks when i Aether tho. Could've inherited Pair up but eh.

11. Marth!Fogado

sImbWqs.jpeg

Shining Bow Nina 2: Electric Boogaloo. Especially with the magical Bow being 19 MT this time unlike 13 in CQ, even the 9 Magic Base made great use of it. Not as good with physical bows, but a great flier killer and Momentum helps with the needed damage.  Had hit problems as well hence Hit +15.

12. Sigurd!Panette

f8YeNDT.jpeg

She had trouble doubling but was close to one shot treshholds, and low defences (especially magical) -> Sigurd was the solution with Momentum allowing straight up one shots, and Canter getting her out of Danger. Wanted to inherit wrath to work with Blood Fury....but not enough SP. Will see what i will teach her before i start the map with the 1.8k SP i have on her.

13. Seadall

Z5EnFRd.jpeg

Dancer. 

14. Major Spoilers

Spoiler

61BZf7F.jpeg

I had one spot remaining and he came at the right time. Tanky and can use staved, he filled a good niche in my time, and while he can't kill that easily, i gave him Draco Hex to work as a debuffer as well. Holding out nicely.

Now

Time for

END OF A-

Wait wrong game.

TIME FOR THE FINALE TO FINALE ALL FINALE

TIME FOR

LAST ENGAGE!

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

This just reminds me of the numerous times I've seen self-proclaimed gamers unironically talk about dissing on them is akin to racism.

This is also right before or after they complain about too many independent women in their vidya games.

The virgin "too many independent wamen in gaming" vs the chad "too few Saphirs in gaming"

Anyway, yes. Sadly a common behavior.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

They were going for a Dragon jaw like beard since he's the Dragon type gym leader. I respect it but I see what you mean.

I can draw a better beard than that. See?

beard-off.jpg?width=828&height=621

...Okay, no, I'm not so vain as to call myself better than professional artists. I really just wanted an excuse to post the finished beard-off.

35 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Snip

Fair enough. Thank you for your extensive summary.

Frankly, as I stated on my own thoughts, I warmed up to the story less than other Engage fans. If anything, I agree with most of your criticisms. It's just that, for me personally, the faults of the story are vastly outweighed by the gameplay's accomplishments, and thus the game is to my liking.

That, and I liked the chapter 11 funny, myself. I thought it was a pretty interesting way to shake things up. But then, I am someone who doesn't mind it as much when a game sweeps the carpet under the player's feet, if it doesn't become outright unfair. That moment struck a nice balance of taking the player by storm without making things overly miserable for them. But that's just my opinion, of course.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Before i go and prepare for the final boss to end all final bosses

Time for the usual

PARTY

REVIEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

1. Corrin!Alear

PcDCWxn.jpeg

Best lord in the series? Best lord in the series. Both from Gameplay and character prespective. The story in this game ain't good or anything, but Alear was a really really good character. Gameplay wise, i really thought we got a typical weak lord or something at first, hence i reclassed into Wyvern which fixed his Stats and i felt i hard a Wyvern Corrin for a bit...then i got Corrin and wow, so amazing, so fun to use. The Skill set and Emblem skills work really really well together you can't tell me it's not intended with the Ultility it brings. Really really cool lord.

2. Major Spoilers & Byleth

Hide contents

cyskfqK.jpeg

#DragonGang 

My other fav. Character in the game and it's Heroine. She mirrors Alear in a lot of ways, down to the class and skill set. Daggers and Magic vs. Alear's Swords and Punches, and Fell protection vs. Inspiration. 

Both her and Alear are "Characters going against their evil Origin", a trope in FE i am super fond of, and alot of my fav. characters in the series land in there, so no wonder them being the main characters here made them jump pretty fast to the top of my character list.

She got Byleth because Byleth + Dragon = OP. Also gives her Mag & Spd, stats she needs.

"Let's become Dragons who will save the world" the simple and genuine wish of two evil Dragons

3. Eirika!Framme

YQEY0IF.jpeg

At first a staff bot, later a main puncher, always a Simp. 0 Damage in the early game, 80 damage in the late game. At first i gave her Art focus because she had trash hit rates with Flashing Fist, but then she had no Dodge -> Eirika. Which also gave her Lunar Brace which just make her even kick Armor's ass.

4. Celica!Clanne

GT2FX2T.jpeg

Early game reminded me of Asbel as my main carry as the mage who was fast and could kill stuff. Later on he fell off, but was pretty fast, and then i gave him Bolganone which helped alot. Probably the weakest of the Mages

5. Lyn!Celine

l5IE0lE.jpeg

The Magemidon. So damn fast, nothing could hit her. At first i only gave her Lyn because she had trouble doubling...but then she just snowballed the hell out of the game with the Levin Sword. Probably the most MVPs in the game. Still weak to chain attacks tho especially later on when she couldn't just kill stuff without supports.

Also she would make Tea out of your blood btw.

6. Roy!Yunaka

DHa5qD5.jpeg

Zappy! She carried me through the early-midgame...then fell of a bit later on as she stopped getting any STR for the last 10 levels or so. That where Roy comes and fixes her Str and HP, as she used to staight up get one shotted when hit by anything late game. Quite a few resets because of that.

Let's see if i can forge her a Silver +5 during preps

7. Lucina!Ivy

m5cGFil.jpeg

Flying Mage Dragon Lady. Expectations Camilla, Reality Great Character, and ofc more Magic oriented then STR oriented. She is great, and strong, and Lucina gives her the SPD and DEX to fix the little troubles she had. And flying Mage + Dual Assist = half map chain attack. Almost never used All for One tho.

8. Miccy!Hortensia

DitDySi.jpeg

The bestest Staffbot to ever Staffbot in the series. Really really fun. Also can eat Magic attacks while sleeping.

9. Leif!Rosado

63skcr7.jpeg 

On his join map he was weighted down alot by the silver weapons, so my first instinct was to instantly give him Leif, and it helped. The +Bld from Leif is great, and Arms Shield + Adaptable makes him quite tanky. Has hit problems even with hit +15 tho, then again Leif's weapons have really low hit. Hurricane Axe made him a great EP flier killer...why they weren't sword users ofc.

10. Ike!Timerra

zs2uA6l.jpeg

Giving her STR and Def and synergizing great with Sandstorm, Ike works wonder with her. Her low Bld was lotsa trouble when she joined to Build+4 was the first thing i gave her.

Dies 90% of the time to chain attacks when i Aether tho. Could've inherited Pair up but eh.

11. Marth!Fogado

sImbWqs.jpeg

Shining Bow Nina 2: Electric Boogaloo. Especially with the magical Bow being 19 MT this time unlike 13 in CQ, even the 9 Magic Base made great use of it. Not as good with physical bows, but a great flier killer and Momentum helps with the needed damage.  Had hit problems as well hence Hit +15.

12. Sigurd!Panette

f8YeNDT.jpeg

She had trouble doubling but was close to one shot treshholds, and low defences (especially magical) -> Sigurd was the solution with Momentum allowing straight up one shots, and Canter getting her out of Danger. Wanted to inherit wrath to work with Blood Fury....but not enough SP. Will see what i will teach her before i start the map with the 1.8k SP i have on her.

13. Seadall

Z5EnFRd.jpeg

Dancer. 

14. Major Spoilers

Hide contents

61BZf7F.jpeg

I had one spot remaining and he came at the right time. Tanky and can use staved, he filled a good niche in my time, and while he can't kill that easily, i gave him Draco Hex to work as a debuffer as well. Holding out nicely.

Boo, boring royals! Booooo-- Ooo Rosado and Panette.

2/10 no Old People Squad.

Deja vu, anyone?

...Holy shit 43 res on Hortensia though. Her offensive stats kinda suck, Lindon would've ran laps around her, but I suppose Lindon doesn't have a heart on his cheek.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

beard-off.jpg?width=828&height=621

Oh my god, Reese looks so evil there.
Is he finally in league with Valery?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That, and I liked the chapter 11 funny, myself. I thought it was a pretty interesting way to shake things up. But then, I am someone who doesn't mind it as much when a game sweeps the carpet under the player's feet, if it doesn't become outright unfair. That moment struck a nice balance of taking the player by storm without making things overly miserable for them. 

Cue my righteous histrionics:

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

2/10 no Old People Squad.

Last spoiler doesn'T count? Token oldie for you friend

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Her offensive stats kinda suck, Lindon would've ran laps around her

with 0 damage lol

but I suppose Lindon doesn't have a heart on his cheek

No, he was missing a pegasus

10 minutes ago, Spara said:

Oh my god, Reese looks so evil there.
Is he finally in league with Valery?

Reese was always on the brink of insanity. Then they gave him control over an entire duchy. Valery needed only approach from the shadows with a proposal...

It is the 619th year of the Verian calendar. Supreme Emperor Reese has defeated the royal forces of Veria and murdered her king. The Berwick League has fallen... However, a number of counties and marches on the southwestern part of the league's former territory have yet to be conquered. It is now up to the resistance led by Margrave Ward of Sinon to stop the evil Supreme Emperor from taking over the entire world. To achieve this end, it is said that the Margrave has called upon the mystical powers of the beard in order to summon great heroes from far away realms...

Berwick Saga 2: Engage.

9 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Cue my righteous histrionics:

Those two bosses are hilariously unthreatening hahahahaha look at 'em wobble!

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Last spoiler doesn'T count? Token oldie for you friend

No he doesn't, it would take an exceeding amount of spite not to use him with the deployment slot the game specifically throws at him.

...Y'know. Like I did with the other final joiner. Okay fine I'll give you a point, 3/10

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

with 0 damage lol

No, he was missing a pegasus

Foolish... Do not speak such utter rubbish before me! Heinous slander!

Watch carefully, unbeliever. Okay or maybe in about an hour when it's not spoilers anymore

And if that isn't enough... A pal sent me this.

20230203_115837.jpg?width=1128&height=621

That's base Lindon. Reclassed with zero levels.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Got into a call so might be longer than an hour

O O F

Well, you must make it your life's mission to watch the video. How else will you convince me to give Horty a chance of her own in turn?

Man those 14 deployment slots are gonna be heavily contested, there are too many characters I wanna try out next time... And at least two or three are gonna be taken by irreplaceable favorites...!

Well, you must make it your life's mission to watch the video.

Tomorrow

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man those 14 deployment slots are gonna be heavily contested, there are too many characters I wanna try out next time... And at least two or three are gonna be taken by irreplaceable favorites...!

ikr

So many units i want to use next run xD

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tomorrow

Oki dokie.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ikr

So many units i want to use next run xD

I kinda wanna read Hortensia's supports, her support with Critdon was pretty neat. But I also need to see what the fuss with Celine is all about, and Ivy I'm told is great, and Sooks held a knife to my throat with the name "Timerra" written on it with blood, but Pandreo seemed like a really fun guy, and I wanna give Panette a real chance from the start, also Merrin and Rosado fell to a lack of slots, Goldmary seems like a terrible person and I like that so her too, Bunet seems like a terrible character and I like that so him too, Gremlin Anna seems like she'd be fun, I also want to see how Vandad fares when 10 of his levels aren't wasted on a base class, and Lindon and Saphir are mandatory deploys, but what's better than one Lindon? Two Lindons, so Yunaka might be interesting, but at the same time I fucking love Zelkov so I can't just bench him, Citrinne's design is neat I kinda wanna use her, Lapis, Amber, oh can't forget the DLC characters whose identities we pretty much know already whenever they come out...

...Ahhh fuck. I'm gonna need some runs all right...

When you're at a store and you see Samurai Jack and Avatar in the anime section

Anyway, I finished Chapter 15 (after two hours and using all of my rewinds).

Spoiler

Do not bulli the dragon gril! I imagine Timerra was thinking "I have no idea who this is, but if everyone else is glaring at her I guess I will too."

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

The final mission is to simply survive, you won't be defending a terminal like in the rest.

Soon the time will come... to spam Missile Rain.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wish I could find what was the name of the map track without just putting up videos at random.

Want to know the names of tracks when they play? I might have a game called The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero to suggest...

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

oh can't forget the DLC characters whose identities we pretty much know already whenever they come out...

Will the DLC add characters to the main game? That would be pretty neat. I assumed any new characters would be exclusive to the DLC campaign.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

When you're at a store and you see Samurai Jack and Avatar in the anime section

Avatar at least was made by a Korean animations studio, so... close enough?

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:
  Hide contents

Do not bulli the dragon gril! I imagine Timerra was thinking "I have no idea who this is, but if everyone else is glaring at her I guess I will too."

Spoiler

Timerra's funny because she arrives after like, every major plot development, so she's just... kinda standing there confused her entire existence.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Will the DLC add characters to the main game? That would be pretty neat. I assumed any new characters would be exclusive to the DLC campaign.

I would doubt it... but then, I've been wrong about Engage more often than not. Still, if we are talking hope, this is one thing I hope they don't undo from Three Houses. The more characters, the merrier!

Paralogue done!

I'd say, it kinda bothers me having half the team in the generic class outfits with the other half in their default battle outfits because their default classes are already Advanced to begin with. Wish clothing options outside the Somniel is something that gets patched eventually.

Also, I still chuckle at how arbitrary the explorable parts of maps are. Like, okay, the throne area not being part of it I could get... but then why does the small path outside the inner walls is not? So random, heh.