Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meh. Marth is the Emblem that gets the most text, to be sure, but it doesn't really amount to much. He just says things occasionally. About on par with Vandad's role lol

Consider the way characters (mostly Alear) speak about him as well. It's another way to show relevance without the char being present. The other Emblems literally get referred to as "the others". 

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course, I was just playing along!

Ah, I suppose i'm not quite that good at this.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

elica's animations are awesome. NESFE visually better than Three Houses?

a hot take that im willing to put more firewood so it burns hotter

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Leif exists

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, and he exists. That's an important advantage over Marthipan

i find the question on reddit funny: Leif seems dont have a canon pair. while every other seems to have one.

he just kind of exists there

----------------------------------------

after seeing the bad ending. i would say the bad ending is just bad. like it is bad ending that doesnt make sense. even edelgard become mad emperor will make more sense. imo. and thats not a praise

ATdZtTId_o.png

26 years earlier. Jenny is still hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Consider the way characters (mostly Alear) speak about him as well. It's another way to show relevance without the char being present. The other Emblems literally get referred to as "the others".

That's a fair point. Still, giving more relevance to non-Marth Emblems would require giving more focus to Emblems in the story, so frankly, I am glad they didn't do it. As it is, the Emblems make the already dumb story three times dumber when they take the spotlight. The less they give it to them, the better, if you ask me. Let them be the McGuffins they should have always been.

4 minutes ago, joevar said:

a hot take that im willing to put more firewood so it burns hotter

The virgin "30 FPS cap and still slows down every battle" vs the chad "smooth Celica animations."

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Final battle spoilers

Hide contents

Atleast give the dark emblems a form and not just Anankos in black xD

Sheep

Spoiler

giving them form means having to model them properly like actual character. that would mean 12 new characters. thats also means commisioning the artist to draw 12 more characters. since they are important character almost as much as the emblems, that also means both the artist and the developer cant half-assed it if they decide to give them proper form.

all of that just for one chapter. i mena, they dont even bother give Alear zombie form different model when resurrected as corrupted... so...

Edited by joevar

Oho... Unlike the old English patch for Gaiden, this translation does feature Leo having the hots for Balbo. Calls him a "hunk" in one of his two lines of dialogue. That's really, really interesting. It adds up with his characterization in Echoes, which I thought had been entirely made up. But maybe it was the old English patch missing it instead. It can't be the Spanish translator retroactively adding it because of Echoes, either, this person utterly despises adhering to official sources in any way.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sheep

She doesn't look like a sheep in this game. She also doesn't say "I'm ready to roll" because the game has no voice acting. Shame. But she's still funny so that's okay.

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's a fair point. Still, giving more relevance to non-Marth Emblems would require giving more focus to Emblems in the story, so frankly, I am glad they didn't do it. As it is, the Emblems make the already dumb story three times dumber when they take the spotlight. The less they give it to them, the better, if you ask me. Let them be the McGuffins they should have always been.

I understand what you mean, i'm not certain i agree with it however. 

30 minutes ago, joevar said:
  Reveal hidden contents

giving them form means having to model them properly like actual character. that would mean 12 new characters. thats also means commisioning the artist to draw 12 more characters. since they are important character almost as much as the emblems, that also means both the artist and the developer cant half-assed it if they decide to give them proper form.

all of that just for one chapter. i mena, they dont even bother give Alear zombie form different model when resurrected as corrupted... so...

Just cause it's for one battle doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. 

Example: CS III while i dislike the game this portrait is not only used for ONE fight, it's like 3 attacks total as well:

CS III spoilers for those who haven't played it yet!

Spoiler

b18b29699afa0cfaa39eb61184cd1dcb.png

I mean, clearly the effort to add it in was there, even if the use was minimal. So i'm gonna agree with Shrimpy honestly.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Didn't it show all the visual effects signifying the attack?

The barrier broke. He was doing nothing. Then I set up some clones to distract the AI of the Wyverns from killing Seadall.

Spoiler

Then Sombron told me to go fuck myself, Disengaged (which got rid of my clones) and Seadall died.

4 hours ago, joevar said:

or just rely on special emblem attack.

Lodestar Rush did like 12 damage.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

This is so fucking stupid and cheesy lmaooooo xD

I love this? I hate this? I don't know xD

Spoiler

I was popping off when the main theme was playing and Alear summoned all the Emblems one by one.

And then "CONNECT US - FIRE EMBLEM" and I said it's peak.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

like it is bad ending that doesnt make sense.

Nah it makes sense

Spoiler

Sombron wins, uses his power to influence Veyle again, Alear is an Emblem which means she can still be summoned as a Dark Emblem.

Proceed to invade other worlds.

25 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Just cause it's for one battle doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. 

Example: CS III while i dislike the game this portrait is not only used for ONE fight, it's like 3 attacks total as well:

CS III spoilers for those who haven't played it yet!

dont misunderstand , Im also 100% want that to happen. but when they already dont give Alear any changes at all even though they should, i just stop wasting my breath when they do it again with dark emblems. because its certainly need way more effort than what happen to alear in that certain chapter

and certainly those things not just limited to Cold Steel. since i've seen that kind of things in many games too western or japanese RPG

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hide contents

Sombron wins, uses his power to influence Veyle again, Alear is an Emblem which means she can still be summoned as a Dark Emblem.

Proceed to invade other worlds.

no..

Spoiler

sombron keep repeating himself that he dont care, dont want to care, and certainly already put everything about Elyos in the back of his mind. like he wants to move on ASAP.

so him spending effort to:

• make Veyle corrupted again
  • he already had dark emblems thats just evil by nature to help him why bother making one a dragon that could betray him yet again
  • purging/cleansing Alear of any Divine power and making him full of fell power again means he must spent power to do that
  • staying in Elyos when he should have just take a vacation in other world (emblem cant travel worlds, so alear full emblem means its still elyos, with scenery that really similar to chapter 10 chapel)

fully contradict his own motivations

not to mention alear being full red but still he/she can react dumbfounded , even manage to take a glance to look him/herself in the glass/mirror to see current condition or whats happening which means alear still had their sense of self like an emblem summoned through prayer ala Divine which contradict full red/ Fell power of summoning

there.

Edited by joevar

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

no..

Reveal hidden contents

sombron keep repeating himself that he dont care, dont want to care, and certainly already put everything about Elyos in the back of his mind. like he wants to move on ASAP.

so him spending effort to:

• make Veyle corrupted again
  • purging/cleansing Alear of any Divine power and making him full of fell power again
  • staying in Elyos when he should have just take a vacation in other world (emblem cant travel worlds, so alear being dark emblem means its still elyos, with scenery that really similar to chapter 10 chapel

fully contradict his own motivations

not to mention alear being full red but still he/she can react dumbfounded , even manage to take a glance to look him/herself in the glass/mirror to see current condition or whats happening which means alear still had their sense of self like an emblem summoned through prayer ala Divine which contradict full red/ Fell power of summoning

there.

Spoiler

Sombron doesn't care about Elyios but his plan is still to invade other worlds, even if it's a means to an end. You need an army for that. If given the chance, an evil Veyle and Dark Alear would be his best tools for that. His "go back to Elyios" line meant "you let me do my thing and I'll let you go".

Also remember that Alear has a physical body, unlike the other Emblems. So she can go through the portal to other worlds and still retain her Emblem powers. This also explains why she'd be conscious despite becoming a Dark Emblem, which makes this worse than death, because now Alear will be fully aware of everything she's about to do.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sombron doesn't care about Elyios but his plan is still to invade other worlds, even if it's a means to an end. You need an army for that. If given the chance, an evil Veyle and Dark Alear would be his best tools for that. His "go back to Elyios" line meant "you let me do my thing and I'll let you go".

Also remember that Alear has a physical body, unlike the other Emblems. So she can go through the portal to other worlds and still retain her Emblem powers. This also explains why she'd be conscious despite becoming a Dark Emblem, which makes this worse than death, because now Alear will be fully aware of everything she's about to do.

Spoiler

doesnt that means he dont want to go back to elyos at least not until he reach his goal? then him going back after halfway out , heck he even try to close the portal of going back means he must put considerable effort he didnt have to do.

as for army he already boast about it in our fight against him. 

yes alear has phys.body but didnt they died (again) for bad endings to happen? or they just knocked down ala Casual mode?

alear being conscious is a very good point of a "cruel bad ending" but it contradict the established rule. 

also look at veyle.. she became a grown up. means a good time passed. thats very interesting but could also mean sombron stay at elyos to tend to alear all this time until alear become red ranger again. a reverse of what lumera did. 

i appreciate them making bad endings, since i kinda like those things to put more perspective. but dont say one thing then debunked  it in the next minute. feels like a good idea with bad/rushed execution

but if all of this is like someone out there says: the bad ending is not really happening, but something that alear envision might happen , or dreams or something then sure. it doesnt have to really follow the rule (forgot the exact theory, might check again later)

----------------------------

EDIT: eh, you know what, i can use this bad ending to shit on 3H more, being grim story without actual bad endings. so thats a win

Edited by joevar

seeing Vander clanne and framme boss battle dialogue for ch. 25 really hit on the heart. if only vander is easier to train

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tis done

Reveal hidden contents

20230205_151110.jpg

Spoiler

obscurite +2 with fire engraving is what i exactly give to Veyle too 😮