Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You have the same exact killer Axe i do kek

Oh no, that's not me. What I had was a killer lance with the same set-up that Vandad utilized to great effect all the way to the end of the game. Vandad falls off? Who said that?

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no, that's not me.

Howdy.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What I had was a killer lance with the same set-up that Vandad utilized to great effect all the way to the end of the game. Vandad falls off? Who said that?

I'm sensing a pattern with old people and good crits. I like it. Yippee.

And that's act 2 of Gaiden. The argument between Celica and Arum plays out a little differently. She asks Arum to stop the war between the two countries, arguing that they are all Valentians and that land is not worth bloodshed. Arum counters that they will not suffer under the yoke of "those animals." She asks if he's expecting to be crowned king as well as hero, he says he only wants to find the heiress to Sofia and then go back to Ram, and she refuses to reveal it's her. Then she leaves for Mila's Temple, which is objectively better in the original because there aren't two consecutive filler cutscenes where Conrad acts like Celica's shining knight in white armor.

In other words, it's similar, but there's no mention of Lima IV causing the war or Celica acting like an uppity blue blood.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And that's act 2 of Gaiden. The argument between Celica and Arum plays out a little differently. She asks Arum to stop the war between the two countries, arguing that they are all Valentians and that land is not worth bloodshed. Arum counters that they will not suffer under the yoke of "those animals." She asks if he's expecting to be crowned king as well as hero, he says he only wants to find the heiress to Sofia and then go back to Ram, and she refuses to reveal it's her. Then she leaves for Mila's Temple, which is objectively better in the original because there aren't two consecutive filler cutscenes where Conrad acts like Celica's shining knight in white armor.

In other words, it's similar, but there's no mention of Lima IV causing the war or Celica acting like an uppity blue blood.

Speaking of script changes, something I found interesting is that, at least by the script on Serenes, Clive mentions they wanted Mycen to become King as well. That's definitely not in SoV's script. Was it there in your translation?

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also Twilight of the Gods keeps playing in cutscenes. It's funny hearing that badass (even in NES) theme over Paola saying "be careful, Kachua! They are thieves! Stay with me!"

Wait you’re playing the original Gaiden? Well best of luck to you Rubenio.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Speaking of script changes, something I found interesting is that, at least by the script on Serenes, Clive mentions they wanted Mycen to become King as well. That's definitely not in SoV's script. Was it there in your translation?

Oh, indeed it was! Klebe uses his alotted scene to explain it at the hideout. Since the entire royal family is presumed dead, Meißen was the next best thing, so they intended for him to be crowned king after the war. But since Meißen refused, Arum is the next next best thing. I forgot they took that out of Echoes.

5 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Wait you’re playing the original Gaiden?

That's right. Rounding off the list of FEs.

5 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Well best of luck to you Rubenio.

Thanks! So far it's... eh, it's about as enjoyable as Echoes. Not the most mind-blowing FE out there, but it's fun enough.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Unlike Palla, Catria and Atras, Paola, Kachua and... Atlas, don't leave your team if you go back to the sea. So you can take them to the sea shrine. Neat.

Also Boy has died in an outrageously difficult skeleton skirmish at the cemetery in front of Atlas's village. Way too young, that lad. I'll be sure to get him back... eventually.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unlike Palla, Catria and Atras, Paola, Kachua and... Atlas, don't leave your team if you go back to the sea. So you can take them to the sea shrine. Neat.

Also Boy has died in an outrageously difficult skeleton skirmish at the cemetery in front of Atlas's village. Way too young, that lad. I'll be sure to get him back... eventually.

Así que dices... ¿que Atrás si puede ir hacia atrás contigo?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway,

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

think I would've just preferred all 12 Dark Emblems on the field, and when they all go down, then you can attack Sombron and the barrier is gone for the rest of the map.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also @Armagon

Paired ending replacement where

Reveal hidden contents

Unless you mesn the Art slides at the end it only showed one of the A supports i got. I got more than one, bout 5 different pairs or so

Spoiler

I didn't realize there were A-endings lmao. I was always talking about the CGs.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's a good game, you should play it

TRUE

And that's the sea shrine. Atlas goes archer, because I already did funny mage Atlas in Echoes, and Leo got enough EXP off of a zombie to reach sniper before we left the shrine. Awesome.

I'll leave it for now... and maybe for tonight. There's another game I'm considering playing right now.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ED spoilers

Hide contents

FE_17_ED.png

NGL, might be my fav. official FE art piece

Hide contents

And the bit at the end with the Lords talking to Alear. Way too good.

Yeah we disagree there. That bit was the closest I came to outright skipping a cutscene since the Byleth paralogue.

And this art piece is way better than that one

Anyway, Engage over. How many T-Posing Garons out of 10?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hide contents

think I would've just preferred all 12 Dark Emblems on the field, and when they all go down, then you can attack Sombron and the barrier is gone for the rest of the map.

Spoiler

Personally? Bad idea. Effectively, if you don't use the chances to end it sooner, it's already that - or at least I assume the barrier doesn't come back if there aren't any Dark Emblems left. Your idea just makes it so I absolutely must spend 90 minutes running laps of this map, instead of giving me the opportunity to snipe Sombron earlier if I play my cards right. I already felt it dragged on a wee bit because I wasted my first chance. If I had to go through the entire selection it would've sucked.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

Your idea just makes it so I absolutely must spend 90 minutes running laps of this map, instead of giving me the opportunity to snipe Sombron earlier if I play my cards right

Spoiler

Oh I meant rework the map so that all 12 are on the field at once. This idea wouldn't work as is I know.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

Oh I meant rework the map so that all 12 are on the field at once. This idea wouldn't work as is I know.

Spoiler

You want it something like FE5 / FE7 final map or something

Instead of the Anankos or Ashura like we got?

Nice, I did it. The solution ended up being to bench Diamant for Merrin, who I planned to have take down a mage or two, but the archers were too good for that to happen. Merton did make it easier to go faster before getting Byleth’d, so I could merge the groups to take on on Byleth. My only real way to win was to abandon the crystals, which were not worth the elixir and talisman—

>the elixir is the reward you lose for letting some of the crystals be destroyed

Lmao. I also needed a 10% crit from Timerra to win before Hortensia would die but shhh, details

Edited by Sooks

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You want it something like FE5 / FE7 final map or something

Instead of the Anankos or Ashura like we got?

Spoiler

Kind of.

Like now that I have a clear mind, it's not as bad (why do I have to complain about maps for them to get better) but I think the execution is a bit iffy.

Map layout could've been better and reinforcement spam with enemies way stronger than anything in the previous map could've been done without. If there were going to be reinforcements, they needed to be spaced out way more. And if they were gonna make me fight the series' villain, I'd rather all of them than some of them. But that requires reworking the map.

I'll finish it when I get home.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, Engage over. How many T-Posing Garons out of 10?

Honestly? Not sure yet.

It's Top Tier FE for sure

Might be peak, but i think i will need to play maddening first to be completely sure about that. So atm, Peak FE pending* XD

Gameplay i really love, and no completely shitty map, but there are some elements i really miss from Fates, like Weapons or unique enemies with different skills like Debuffs and Lunge, and i like the Fates weapon system as well....at the same time, alot of mechanics i love here more, like how they did Chain attacks and guards. And break. And the S-tier boss design...

So it will be up to maddening, maybe

And well, not to mention, unlike Fates, i quite like the characters this time, and while some story beats were trash, some were also my fav. franchise wide...

Will post full thoughts some time later. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week end, who knows

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

reinforcement spam with enemies way stronger than anything in the previous map could've been done without. If there were going to be reinforcements, they needed to be spaced out way more.

Spoiler

Didn't feel the reinforcements were that bad, honestly. 

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

And if they were gonna make me fight the series' villain, I'd rather all of them than some of them.

Spoiler

AND GIVE THEM FULL ARTWORKS/MODELS