Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Then again

Hide contents

If we had evil emblems from the beginning, the story might've been to Emblem focused

Spoiler

Isn't that the whole point of the game? If there be complains, best the very thing the game advertised is accused of being overused than underused.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Isn't that the whole point of the game? If there be complains, best the very thing the game advertised is accused of being overused than underused.

Spoiler

Fair

and i honestly would think it would be cool to have the heroes and villains face each other again, and make the antagonist have the same relationship with the villains Alear had with the heroes. Could've been cool

That reminds me, what's with the whole Zero Emblem thing 🤔

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

That reminds me, what's with the whole Zero Emblem thing 🤔

Spoiler

That's just the lip service paid to Kaga for being the Foundation of Fire Emblem.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Then again

Hide contents

If we had evil emblems from the beginning, the story might've been to Emblem focused

Like I said before to Lightcosmo. I'd much, much rather the game underuse the Emblems than have the nostalgia pandering swallow the entire game and keep its own world and characters from getting any attention. It already annoys me that

Spoiler

they got a big goodbye scene at the end instead of the real characters I grew attached to throughout the game. It could've been my boys and (muscle) girls getting cute one-liners as they each go their separate ways and begin working towards restoring the world at peace. Instead, it's the nostalgia bait ghosts telling me I'm so cool while making vague references to their games. Yeah, no. Fuck that noise. Go away, you lot, let me see the Old People Squad.

But then, from what I'm seeing, I'm more against the nostalgia pandering than most non-haters, and it is an anniversary game, after all. I think they struck a nice balance between letting the game's own world breathe while giving the vets cute little "hey I know that thing" moments.

...Still do agree that

Spoiler

the Evil Emblems should've gotten their own models. As... I believe Joevar said, it might've been too large a waste of budget and time for something that shows up in one chapter right at the end, but it would've been neat.

Also WHY IS THE FATES DARK EMBLEM ANANKOS INSTEAD OF GARON YOU HAD ONE JOB INTSYS, ONE JOB

Just now, Sooks said:

I wonder if there’ll be value in going back and reading the pages and pages of spoiler tags when I finish Engage.

Ehh... I didn't bother lol. Too much.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

That's just the lip service paid to Kaga for being the Foundation of Fire Emblem.

Spoiler

Sync Skill: Kidnap

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think they struck a nice balance between letting the game's own world breathe while giving the vets cute little "hey I know that thing" moments.

Yeah

Especially with how they made some of the worst maps ever created from decent to GOAT maps

Like wth they made a Conquest map out of a PoR map

They made a Thracia map fun without bullshit

They made a FE4 MAP DECENT!

They made a FE8 map give me Iago's room flashbacks!

They made 2 super shitty FE6 maps fucking fun lol

And all that and they couldn't fix gaiden/awakening tho lol

Spoiler

the Evil Emblems should've gotten their own models. As... I believe Joevar said, it might've been too large a waste of budget and time for something that shows up in one chapter right at the end, but it would've been neat.

Spoiler

Atleast give em voice acting XD

Spoiler

Sync Skill: Kidnap

Spoiler

Engage skill: Mindwash

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

LMAAOOOOOO

Goldmary and Rosado are two characters I really wanna use next time. Goldmary is a narcissistic shithead and Rosado is beyond vain and self-centered. They're both awful and that piques my interest.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Goldmary and Rosado are two characters I really wanna use next time. Goldmary is a narcissistic shithead and Rosado is beyond vain and self-centered. They're both awful and that piques my interest.

Goldmary's a really fun character. I enjoyed all of her supports.

Spoiler

That Vander one...

FnQkfPZXEAgjHgo?format=jpg&name=small

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

L M A O
M
A
O

You know, yesterday I was thinking how cool it was that a game as old and rudimentary as Gaiden had the dracoshield challenge. A really difficult and risky thing that rewards you immensely if you pull it off. Something that rewards knowledge of the game mechanics and a willingness to think outside the box.

...Then I got this in my reccs.

9 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Goldmary's a really fun character. I enjoyed all of her supports.

Hide contents

That Vander one...

FnQkfPZXEAgjHgo?format=jpg&name=small

I gotta see this one.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So you're telling me

She's Ruben's self insert?

What? I'm not narcissistic. How dare you insult me like that? What's wrong with you?