• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Saint Rubenio now that i think about it, i think you got the attacks mixed up.

Spoiler

You were asking why i didn't see the visual indicator. That happens for the beam attack. The Disengage attack doesn't have a visual indicator because it's technically not an attack. The game only warns of each the first time, but the latter doesn't have any visuals.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
Spoiler

AND GIVE THEM FULL ARTWORKS/MODELS

Spoiler

Would be nice but considering how big most of the villains are, it probably wasn't feasible to do so.

I mean i suppose they could've used Medeus, Duma, Idoun and Grima's human forms. But then that still leaves out Lopto and Formortiis, who don't have a human form at all and Anankos, whose human form is an actual good guy. Idk who they used for Byleth.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd much, much rather the game underuse the Emblems than have the nostalgia pandering swallow the entire game and keep its own world and characters from getting any attention

Also but i think that

Spoiler

having it be Hero Emblems vs Dark Emblems would actually delete some of the gameplay/story integration. Ch.10/11 is significant not only because they take away your Emblems but because they use those very Emblems against you. If they had the villain Emblems, it wouldn't be that, it'd be "oh they have their own Emblems" and it might be scary but you have nothing to fear.

In concept, yes heroes vs villains would've been cool. But with how the game turned out, the entire thing would have to be reworked for that to work.

1 hour ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Engage players talking to Three Houses Players:

Screenshot-2023-02-05-143531.png

Saw this in Backloggd

Screenshot_1026.png

1 minute ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Idk who they used for Byleth.

Spoiler

They used Nemesis, which makes sense, honestly. Rhea and Edelgard would kind of make a 'lord' a villain, and TWSITD were only Final Bosses in Three Hopes. Golden Deer route canon confirmed?

>sandstorm

>crit

>117 damage

Most damage I’ve seen in a single attack in this game. Or a round of combat, really.

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

Would be nice but considering how big most of the villains are, it probably wasn't feasible to do so.

I mean i suppose they could've used Medeus, Duma, Idoun and Grima's human forms. But then that still leaves out Lopto and Formortiis, who don't have a human form at all and Anankos, whose human form is an actual good guy. Idk who they used for Byleth.

Spoiler

They can always use Formortis!Lyon. For Eirika, that'd be even more significant of a match.

Loptr can be in his Julius guise, too.

I'm pretty sure human!Anankos did had his antagonistic moments... but I'm probably thinking on the DLC with the Awakening trio. But don't quote me on that.

Byleth's nemesis was... Nemesis. However, before you think this canonizes Verdant Wind, Byleth specifically mentioned he had no idea who Nemesis was. Considering the Slitherers aren't beaten in all paths, they reviving Nemesis in the other routes is feasable, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also but i think that

Hide contents

having it be Hero Emblems vs Dark Emblems would actually delete some of the gameplay/story integration. Ch.10/11 is significant not only because they take away your Emblems but because they use those very Emblems against you. If they had the villain Emblems, it wouldn't be that, it'd be "oh they have their own Emblems" and it might be scary but you have nothing to fear.

In concept, yes heroes vs villains would've been cool. But with how the game turned out, the entire thing would have to be reworked for that to work.

Spoiler

I mean, if it means we don't get the Chapter 10/11 progression we got...

I See This as an Absolute Win | Know Your Meme

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Lopto

Spoiler

They coulda used Julius

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Idk who they used for Byleth.

Spoiler

Nemesis

Ya know what that means? Verdant Wind Canon Ü

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_1026.png

Based

Y’know, I’ve been doing this for a lot of paralogues, but Corrin’s feels like the first one that was entirely designed around the player trying to rush the boss at the end.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
Spoiler

Loptr can be in his Julius guise, too

Spoiler

Just one small problem, Sigurd doesn't know who Julius is. I mean, he never met Lopto either but he knows of Lopto. It would've made more sense to use Arvis. I actually would've preferred that actually, Sigurd gets a chance to return the favor.

Byleth not knowing who Nemesis is was more of necessity because Three Houses doesn't have a "canon" path like Fates does and like you said, they probably didn't want to use Rhea and Edelgard.....well they can't use Edelgard anyways lol.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
Spoiler

Byleth specifically mentioned he had no idea who Nemesis was

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Byleth not knowing who Nemesis is was more of necessity because Three Houses doesn't have a "canon" path like Fates does and like you said

Spoiler

aHIZ93R.png

This tells me he knows

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

well they can't use Edelgard anyways lol.

IS are cowards

They already gave 3H fans the middle finger, should've gone with the double smh

1 minute ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

Just one small problem, Sigurd doesn't know who Julius is. I mean, he never met Lopto either but he knows of Lopto. It would've made more sense to use Arvis. I actually would've preferred that actually, Sigurd gets a chance to return the favor.

Byleth not knowing who Nemesis is was more of necessity because Three Houses doesn't have a "canon" path like Fates does and like you said, they probably didn't want to use Rhea and Edelgard.....well they can't use Edelgard anyways lol.

Spoiler

Maybe not, but imagine Loptr saying how his vessel is Arvis... and Dierdre's son. But yeah, Arvis would've been an interesting and even more fitting choice too.

No, I wasn't the one who said that, hah. But I did say that since Nemesis could still exist in the other routes, then Byleth doesn't canonize anything. Well, maybe not in Silver Snow, but Byleth could still be from a point before the final battle with the Slitherers.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hide contents

aHIZ93R.png

This tells me he knows

IS are cowards

They already gave 3H fans the middle finger, should've gone with the double smh

Spoiler

Ah, bad wording then. He had no idea he had been revived. Yes, that's more fitting to say, hahahaha.

HE DID IT AGAIN! HE FUCKING DID IT AGAIN! AND THIS TIME I WAS STALLING TRYING TO GET MY UNITS IN POSITION FOR WHEN THE BARRIER GOES DOWN AND HE DID IT AGAIN! I HAVE PROOF

Spoiler

There was no warning at all that he was gonna do this again. No visual indicator, nada. 

So if the barrier goes down, he'll Disengage and if it doesn't and you take too long, he does it anyways because fuck you for trying to play the game. 

This is actually fucking dogshit man HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO FOCUS ON SOMBRON AND HIS BARRIER WHEN I HAVE 50 FLIER REINFORCEMENTS BREATHING DOWN MY NECK EVERY FUCKING TURN

Either make the enemies way less strong or space out the reinforcements by like five turns or some shit, this is absolutely ridiculous.

ergeofgreat.jpg

It warns me each time he's gonna do his laser beam attack but not the thing that could actually kill a strategy.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

HE DID IT AGAIN! HE FUCKING DID IT AGAIN! AND THIS TIME I WAS STALLING TRYING TO GET MY UNITS IN POSITION FOR WHEN THE BARRIER GOES DOWN AND HE DID IT AGAIN! I HAVE PROOF

Hide contents

There was no warning at all that he was gonna do this again. No visual indicator, nada. 

So if the barrier goes down, he'll Disengage and if it doesn't and you take too long, he does it anyways because fuck you for trying to play the game. 

This is actually fucking dogshit man HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO FOCUS ON SOMBRON AND HIS BARRIER WHEN I HAVE 50 FLIER REINFORCEMENTS BREATHING DOWN MY NECK EVERY FUCKING TURN

Either make the enemies way less strong or space out the reinforcements by like five turns or some shit, this is absolutely ridiculous.

ergeofgreat.jpg

It warns me each time he's gonna do his laser beam attack but not the thing that could actually kill a strategy.

Spoiler

Now I see I made a good choice in maxing Elusia's donation.

World Tree + Nodun is gonna pull through there when I get there.

Do i have to turtle? Do i have to go around in a fucking loop grouped together until the barrier is down? Is that the play? Am i dumb for daring to split the party in two like the map is leading you to?

The reinforcements are gonna come in anyway.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Maybe it's lika Iago in CQ?

Reveal hidden contents

Uses specific attacks on specific turns?

Just like how Iago rotates the staves?

Not sure if that's the case here since i defeated him before he could use it again lol

Spoiler

Well it would be nice to know some consistency but even Iago didn't hit the entire map like that.

You know, I certainly made myself quite the bits of challenge for how I've been playing.

Using everyone thus average party level lower than the norm, no forging or engraving, also passing Emblems around ensuring few Bond Level 20's around, etc.

I guess it did made it more challenging... but also perhaps even more fun.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Did you get a Yunaks Seadall one?

ah the con artist duo. er, i mean the circ-- performance duo. nope, never done it, still appear

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fortunately I had a save right before killing the final boss, so I could start over. But you are right, it's a bit too fast.

This I didn't know. I'll have to check it out when I get home, maybe.

i too had extra save for chapter 26, chapter 25, chapter 21, chapter 17. all the good stuff

Support gives 3 pages in Bios, Final sortie gives one page, S-Support give the final page. 

i checked that final sortie unit got 3 page despite not having A support with Alear. someone with A support and participate in final battle got 4. and IVY got 5 page in bios

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, I certainly made myself quite the bits of challenge for how I've been playing.

Using everyone thus average party level lower than the norm, no forging or engraving, also passing Emblems around ensuring few Bond Level 20's around, etc.

I guess it did made it more challenging... but also perhaps even more fun.

how about the level/class ? when do you promote, and did you repeat (lvl 20 second seal) class?

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Do i have to turtle? Do i have to go around in a fucking loop grouped together until the barrier is down? Is that the play? Am i dumb for daring to split the party in two like the map is leading you to?

The reinforcements are gonna come in anyway.

i split my units 4 way... the exact same number of the mini boss. also doing it every 4 turn they appear and always fight them according to respective emblem for maximum dialogue drama. so it takes quite long. its final boss 

cant be worse/longer than xenoblade 3

altho, i didnt find the disengage that problematic because for each phase i did it exactly 4 turns. and he exactly disengage in the next turn after barrier completely broke/

so break barrier within 4 turn > break one revival stone > disengage > break barrier within 4 turn  > break one revival stone > disenage next turn.

its very very consisten, which im sure thats how the developer intend it to play