Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Framme's neat, if you are able to look past "the Divine Dragon is so shiny when she sweats."

Reminder that they removed "I wish i was that Water"

Coward localizers removing such a funny line 😛 

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I really don't see what's so wrong with this game's characters, and a lot of the "characters are one-dimensional" complaints feel more knee-jerk than other criticisms.

Yup.

Honestly i also had a knee jerk reaction at first. Especially early on and until Hortensia's introduction, where she gave me the same vibes as

CCCLancer.png

I was like "Ok, it's gonna be like that lol"

But then they kept going up after the Valley of the beginning. Especially when you go deeper into the Brodia vs. Elusia thing

And Alear is GOAT tbh. And SPOILER

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So what? Raphael existed too. So did Bernadetta and everyone loves that one. The character writing is not bad, they just get a bit less of it than the previous game, more in line with past FEs.

But but you see

Past FE bad and killed FE

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Like, everyone here knows how much i love 3H and it's characters

But do we really want every game to be just 3H's copy cat? Do we really have to introduce the whole cast at the beginning and ignoring what that means for the gameplay, or chore that was the monastery?

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Reminder that they removed "I wish i was that Water"

Coward localizers removing such a funny line 😛 

I have to agree, that one's a shame. Framme's a massive degenerate, might as well not half-ass it.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Honestly i also had a knee jerk reaction at first.

Friendly reminder that my first reaction to Engage was "Fire Emblem is dead."

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Especially early on and until Hortensia's introduction, where she gave me the same vibes as

CCCLancer.png

Lol that gives me more Ivy vibes.

Because of the shoes. Those are Ivy shoes.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But but you see

Past FE bad and killed FE

FE1 and 2 have such bad character writing. Everyone gets three or four lines - at best! FE1 and 2 should've strived to be more like the original Fire Emblem, Three Houses.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

might as well not half-ass it

How i feel about the cheese and degeneracy in this game

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Engage > VS2 SSoS

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lol that gives me more Ivy vibes.

Because of the shoes. Those are Ivy shoes

Lol. She's an Idol, so that's why Hortensia's Introduction reminded me of her

FE1 and 2 should've strived to be more like the original Fire Emblem, Three Houses.

"FE4 is a really really good game, but it missed the Chance to add some 3H like Mechanics in the Prologue with Sigurd and his friends" -FE4RE review

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

complaints feel more knee-jerk than other criticisms.

"oh the character in Engage only have gimmick compared to previous game, and they played it over and over." like 3H dont have the likes of bernadetta.

im sure they just read the C support and thats it. and i dont find faults in recurring theme in supports, if its part of their nature that only makes it consistent.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So, naturally, I got Alear's paired ending with Ivy. Interesting thing I read about the Japanese version of it:

Hide contents

Apparently it states that Elusia began worshipping the Divine Dragon. Granted, it'd be a given they'd at least stop worshipping Sombron considering what happened and all; but actually taking to worshipping Alear, the implication being due to how close their Queen became with them, is something that localization removed... for some reason. Then again... Treehouse...

damn it, treehouse butchering script ever again.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

well, ive got to admit that im guilty of it too. i was in denial so hard i've gone full 180 to loved it so much lmao

-----------------

but im still waiting for Emblem alt costume like in the Mural from the trailer.. especially that pants-less marth for that chad ancient roman style

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

"FE4 is a really really good game, but it missed the Chance to add some 3H like Mechanics in the Prologue with Sigurd and his friends" -FE4RE review

Having tea with Sigurd.

He is too impatient and sips on it while it's too hot, burning his tongue.

Everyone laughs.

9 minutes ago, joevar said:

but im still waiting for Emblem alt costume like in the Mural from the trailer.. especially that pants-less marth for that chad ancient roman style

The modern world is not ready for no-pants Marth.

18 minutes ago, joevar said:

especially that pants-less marth for that chad ancient roman style

Localization will give him pants

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Having tea with Sigurd.

He is too impatient and sips on it while it's too hot, burning his tongue.

Everyone laughs.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Imagine reclassing Diamant to mage right before this.

...Heck he'd actually kinda look like Arvis if reclassed. Amazing.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imagine reclassing Diamant to mage right before this.

...Heck he'd actually kinda look like Arvis if reclassed. Amazing.

LOL

Maybe later tonight after work i can have some fun with Picture mode with Diamant and Sigurd lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Framme's neat, if you are able to look past "the Divine Dragon is so shiny when she sweats."

Honestly, characters in general ks I believe the aspect of Engage people will look at more kindly as time goes on. I really don't see what's so wrong with this game's characters, and a lot of the "characters are one-dimensional" complaints feel more knee-jerk than other criticisms.

Like, sure, Bunet exists. He's the one everyone is always bringing up as an example of this. So what? Raphael existed too. So did Bernadetta and everyone loves that one. The character writing is not bad, they just get a bit less of it than the previous game, more in line with past FEs.

I'm only at... chapter 6, I think? following a LP, the chapter the Hiya Papaya girl joins, so I can hardly say if characters are gimmicks with an anime face or actually interesting. However, I would say that the game thus far certainly makes sure that you're very well aware of what the primary gimmicks are. The steward kids treat Alear like he's with the Backstreet Boys (well, BTS is probably more timely), I don't really have any impression of Alfred beyond "nice and polite" and "likes to talk about his muscles", Chloé likes fairytales, Jean is English...

The first impression is honestly pretty similar to Fates's characters (and to what I remember Awakening to be). That's not to say that the characters are one-note, but they tend to be presented with one note played very loudly. I don't doubt that there's more about Framme and Clanne than OMG DIVINE DRAGON SQUEEEEEEEEEEE... but I'm not very compelled to look very hard for it when the SQUEEEEEEEEEEEing is virtually everything that I've seen of them this entire time.

7 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

That sounds so harsh when phrased that way! Poor girl!

One can be degenerate and cool. That's Framme xD

10 minutes ago, ping said:

is virtually everything that I've seen of them this entire time.

Any FE character by ch.6 is like that

17 minutes ago, ping said:

The first impression is honestly pretty similar to Fates's characters (and to what I remember Awakening to be). That's not to say that the characters are one-note, but they tend to be presented with one note played very loudly. I don't doubt that there's more about Framme and Clanne than OMG DIVINE DRAGON SQUEEEEEEEEEEE... but I'm not very compelled to look very hard for it when the SQUEEEEEEEEEEEing is virtually everything that I've seen of them this entire time.

well Fire emblem being Fire emblem, the other dimensions of their personality are hidden between support, away from the story except for the most involved ones. i still dont see how they could fix this part honestly. because long cutscenes between chapters battle doesnt feel at home with FE for some people somehow (i think) unlike traditional JRPG

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The modern world is not ready for no-pants Marth.

true. we dont need the world to simp over marth more than necessary 

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

oof.. the worst part is i can see that happening. they will stop at nothing, even removing pubic bone in TMS to make something less sexy is not beneath them. 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

massive degenerate, might as well not half-ass it.

Nintendo staring at the far corner, outside your attack range 

3iazzk.png?a465120 

Edited by joevar

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

One can be degenerate and cool. That's Framme xD

Heh, fair point. 

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I was going to say something similar, but i was going to say "after their recruitment chapter" instead!

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

No, absolutely not. I'm not claiming that characters in other FE games are fully developed by chapter 6, but that Awakening, Fates, and now Engage (*) are a lot more in your face with their characters' quirks, and that even "more serious" characters are a lot more forthcoming with those quirks. I'm not talking characters that are all gimmick (like Arthur in Fates, or Treck or Ilyana before him), but characters that I assume are, well, actual characters, but whose dialogues still revolve around one or two gimmicks that are just there to be funny, endearing, or titilating - Peri being a murderous woman-child, Felicia's clumsiness, and Camilla's obsession with Corrin, to take three Fates examples.

(*) I'm leaving out 3H because I still have neither played it nor watched somebody play it past the Catherine chapter

15 minutes ago, ping said:

'm not claiming that characters in other FE games are fully developed by chapter 6, but that Awakening, Fates, and now Engage (*) are a lot more in your face with their characters' quirks, and that even "more serious" characters are a lot more forthcoming with those quirks

Yeah and in others it's 2 lines and you never ever see em again outside supports, and the 2 lines with quirks right into your face, including pre awakening. Heck, sometimes they scream the quirk with their art more than any modern character does

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

It would be preferable if all FE chars got the proper development, but sadly that's just not a reality.

Not if we want to keep having 30+ casts

The other solution is have a cast as small as one 3H route, but the gameplay will suffer for it....no thx, never sacrifice gameplay for writing

Fairly certain it already exists.

EDIT: Yep.

https://gamebanana.com/wips/73416

Welp

Let's hope my PC can emulate switch

Well, won't try this until i finish vanilla maddening ofc

https://gamebanana.com/mods/426187

BEST

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Welp

Let's hope my PC can emulate switch

Well, won't try this until i finish vanilla maddening ofc

One thing I've been hearing is that DLC Emblems tear the game's difficulty apart. Perhaps it'd be best to leave those for proficiency obtaining purposes lol

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Somehow I knew what it would be before I clicked.

No PP themes mod when?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One thing I've been hearing is that DLC Emblems tear the game's difficulty apart. Perhaps it'd be best to leave those for proficiency obtaining purposes lol

Mod says it increases the difficulty, so could be something fun to try

On Vanilla/Switch not interested in DLC emblems tho. They all sound way too broken lol