• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Frontloaded with the weakest characters

I take issue with this. Vandad is not weak. His voice alone carries the power of titans.

...Seriously, his voice is amazing. Probably my favorite voice actor in the game. I wanna hear Vandad sing an opera.

Anyway Etie's abs, your argument is invalid.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

hVRm56Z.gif

Lumera & Sigurd bamboozle you and welcome you to the game, and set the tone for what's about to come. A challenge!

The fact that Vandad survives this, though.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

with my (non remix) fav. being Bright Sandstorm, Determined Journey and Keeper of History.

Really missing some Distorted Flash of Light here.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really missing some Distorted Flash of Light here

Because i didn't know it's name and kept listening to the boss version which has dubstep, which brings it down a little bit

I love it depsite dubstep, but dubstep.....

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Because i didn't know it's name and kept listening to the boss version which has dubstep, which brings it down a little bit

I love it depsite dubstep, but dubstep.....

Well now that you know, go listen to the normal version.

...I don't even know where it plays, the frenzy version plays throughout the map. Maybe the opening cutscene? I wasn't paying attention lol

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Of note however is Alear & a certain spoilery character, both who are great and why some of the stronger story beats are as strong as they are. Alear in particular might now be my fav. FE lord...although tbf those very rarely do it for me, so props to Alear XD

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

Okay, so, finally gonna start drafting that custom Emblem build I've been... holding off for quite some time now, heh.

Spoiler

So, one thing I want to do is to make it be another "more than one character resides in the Ring/Bracelet", not unlike the Emblems of the Rivals or Azure Twins. Though certainly closer to the former than the latter in how much the one riding piggyback has a presence outside the gameplay, pft. And if you know me by now, then you'd know which pair of characters I plan to use for this. Yep, that's right: Sonya and Genny!

"Geez Acacia, can't you use someone else for a change?"

"Never!"

So like I said, this would be more like a draft, bouncing off ideas. Unlike other formats of me doing stuff like this, I may actually work it as if it they were an in-game Emblem. Though that'd be... much later. For now, just putting up stuff I may or may not use.

Thus, so far I have this:

Who:

Sonya and Genny

Names:

Bracelet of the Magic Coven

Emblem of Sorority

Invocation:

"Dazzle, Emblem of Sorority!"

Stat Boosts:

Level

Str

Mag

Res

+1

+2

+2

+1

+3

+2

+1

+3

+3

+2

+3

+3

+2

+4

+3

+2

+4

+4

+3

+4

+4

+3

+5

+4

+3

+5

+5

+3

+6

+5

Bond Unlocks:

Level 1 - Mag/Res +1

Level 1 - Priestess

Level 1 - Soothing Light

Level 1 - Twilight Dawn

Level 1 - Twilight Dusk

Level 1 - Teleportation

Level 1 - Invoke

Level 1 - Holy Flamberge

Level 1 - Holy Flamberge+

Level 1 - Ward

Level 2 - Grimoire 1

Level 3 - Staff Proficiency

Level 4 - Mag/Res +2

Level 5 - Skill Inheritance

Level 6 - Tome Proficiency

Level 7 - Grimoire 2

Level 8 - Mag/Res +3

Level 9 - Sword Proficiency

Level 10 - Mire

Level 11 - Strong Bond

Level 12 - Soothing Light+

Level 12 - Grimoire 3

Level 13 - Mag/Res +4

Level 14 - Priestess+

Level 15 - Ladyblade

Level 16 - Soothing Light++

Level 16 - Grimoire 4

Level 17 - Vengeful Cry

Level 17 - Absolve

Level 18 - Priestess++

Level 18 - Grimoire 5

Level 19 - Mag/Res +5

Level 19 - Sophisticate

Level 20 - Deep Synergy

Engage Weapons:

Ward - Holy staff wielded by Emblem Genny. Grants Res+7 to an ally (bonus shrinks by 1 each turn).

Mt: 0, Hit: 100, Rng: 1-3, Lvl: D

Mire - Dark tome wielded by Emblem Sonya. Poisons hit foes.

Mt: 10, Hit: 80, Crit: 0, Wt: 8, Rng: 1-2, Lvl: D

Ladyblade: Magical sword wielded by Emblem Sonya. Grants Mt+5 if used by a woman.

Mt: 12, Hit: 90, Crit: 10, Wt: 3, Rng: 1, Lvl: D

Skills:

Sync Skill (Cannot Inherit)

Priestess - Unit can equip swords up to level C.
Priestess+ - Unit can equip swords up to level B.
Priestess++ - Unit can equip swords up to level A.

Sync Skill (Sonya / Cannot Inherit)

Twilight Dawn - Use to switch Emblems and swap between Teleportation/Vengeful Cry and Invoke/Absolve.

Sync Skill (Genny / Cannot Inherit)

Twilight Dusk - Use to switch Emblems and swap between Invoke/Absolve and Teleportation/Vengeful Cry.

Engage Skill (Sonya)

Teleportation - Use to warp adjacent to an enemy up to 3 spaces and attack.

Engage Skill (Genny)

Invoke - Creates four illusory Lance Fighters to aid in battle.

Engage Attack

Holy Flamberge - Use to make two magic attacks against an adjacent foe. Sword only. Effective: Corrupted.
Holy Flamberge+ - Use to make two magic attacks against an adjacent foe. Generates provisions that fully restore HP to user and adjacent allies. Sword only. Effective: Corrupted. (Requires adjacent Celica)

Sync Skill (Sonya / Can Inherit)

Vengeful Cry - May allow to counterattack regardless of range. Trigger %=Dex. 

Sync Skill (Genny / Can Inherit)

Absolve - User is immune to negative terrain effects.

Sync Skill (Can Inherit)

Soothing Light - Restores 5 HP to adjacent allies at the start of each turn.
Soothing Light+ - Restores 10 HP to adjacent allies at the start of each turn.
Soothing Light++ - Restores 15 HP to adjacent allies at the start of each turn.

Sync Skill (Can Inherit)

Sophisticate - Grants magic range +2.

Inheritable Skill

Grimoire 1 - When equipped with a tome, unit deals +1 damage during combat.
Grimoire 2 - When equipped with a tome, unit deals +2 damage during combat.
Grimoire 3 - When equipped with a tome, unit deals +3 damage during combat.
Grimoire 4 - When equipped with a tome, unit deals +4 damage during combat.
Grimoire 5 - When equipped with a tome, unit deals +5 damage during combat.

Inheritable Skill

Mag/Res +1 - Grants Mag +1 and Res +1.
Mag/Res +2 - Grants Mag +2 and Res +2.
Mag/Res +3 - Grants Mag +3 and Res +3.
Mag/Res +4 - Grants Mag +4 and Res +4.
Mag/Res +5 - Grants Mag +5 and Res +5.

Notes:

Since both Sonya and Genny are magic users and become close friends through their supports, hence the titles of Magic Coven and Sorority. It'd be an unofficial club of two, sure, but perhaps Celica and Micaiah get to join... if Emblems had more interactions between each other than what they have in-game. Oh well.

Regarding the use of Coven, I based it more on its root from Convention, rather than the traditional use of referring to a gathering/organization of witches. Then again, it could also be seen as a nod to witches being a thing in Valentia. Heck, Sonya herself was a Witch when fought as an enemy in Gaiden. She still joined as a Mage, but it was there.

Sonya is the main member of the pair, thus, a statement like "Dazzle" to invoke her sense of flamboyancy... well, fits quite nicely, eh? XD

Ladyblade inflicting magical damage is due to Hexblade, which is one of its learnable Combat Arts.

I based many elements from their default Overclasses, Enchantress and Exemplar, which sort of seem to have a dichotomy of light and dark themes. As such, I felt using the terms Dawn and Dusk fit quite well to represent switching between the two. Dawn, darkness leading to light, Sonya switches to Genny. Dusk, light leading to darkness, Genny switches to Sonya. Despite presented as if they were separate, I'm sure that if they were an actual thing, it'd just be the same skill in the data. Just calling for different text strings to display as needed.

Teleportation may be a Witch thing... but admittedly, Priestess/Enchantress doesn't gain stuff in terms of skills. Just Swords and extra spells. Though again, Sonya was briefly a Witch in Gaiden, so it still fits.

Holy Flamberge takes its name due to this version also gets charged with Seraphim magic from Genny. Hence the effectiveness against Corrupted.

Following the footsteps of the DLC Emblems, the Engage Attack gets an upgrade. The healing effect is due to Celica bringing in Earth's Boon.

Grimoire is named after the Grimoire Ring itself, as the name of the skill it grants is the unimaginative Magic +5.

And that's all I have for now. Maybe if I can work this further I could make a thread in the Engage section for people to post custom Emblem builds too. Or if someone makes it first, I can post it there, heh.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Yeah Xenoblade 3 has plenty of important characters... and Sena.

It's funny because that's the point of Sena's character.

Takahashi played the big brain with that one.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lumera & Sigurd bamboozle you and welcome you to the game, and set the tone for what's about to come

"Yeah this ain't your grandma's FE. The bosses will actually move in this one".

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ladyblade

Hmm

A physical weapon on a magic emblem is a bit...even with Str bonus

Unless it has Hexblade?

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah this ain't your grandma's FE. The bosses will actually move in this one".

Bosses actually feel like Bosses and just normal units with a face

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hmm

A physical weapon on a magic emblem is a bit...

Unless it has Hexblade?

Hmm, wasn't sure if to add that property too... but sure, not a bad idea.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

After a couple more failed attempts at Corrin’s paralogue, I concluded that it’s basically impossible to beat with my current characters without a death or five, so I decided to tackle chapter 17. I was confused at why everyone thought it was hard, again, because the map started off super easy. It actually looked pretty hard from the way it’s set up but the enemy is actually really dumb and approaches you in groups of 3-5, making them easy pickings. After you get rid of the first 3 bosses, the map comes to a standstill, with the whole them moving on their own thing not happening anymore. So I decided to bait out the one monster left to wipe it off the face of the Earth with Eirika!Fogado, and, well… you guys know what happens.

They were actually right this time. I bookmarked a save and I’m gonna take a stab at this after I have dinner, although I already have a new strategy in mind

Spoiler

Go around the other side and bait Zephia directly, her high move might be her downfall since I should have a turn to take care of her first before having to deal with everyone else.

This could very easily get me overwhelmed, but this is a kill boss map, so it might just end up as a paralogue moment where I rush the bosses.

The annoying thing is that I wasted 5 divine pulses by doing things like not checking if certain characters could actually survive EP, not checking enemy skills, and not fully planning out terrain changes I was going to make. Even though I’ve been playing FE for a long time at this point.

I was worried that Maddening was starting to drag down the game because of the paralogues… honestly feel like they suffer from a lot of stat inflation, ngl. And I waited several chapters to do a lot of them. But the main story seems to still be good.

@Saint Rubeniohaven’t finished the chapter yet, but yeah, my initial thoughts on 17.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

...it still is a difficulty spike tho. @Sooks Forge, Engrave and Inherit like your life depends on it when you get there.

Well, I’ve already been doing the first two. I’ve been hoarding SP for the OP skills all game, but I just recently found out that if you buy a skill that has an upgraded version, the price of the initial skill is subtracted from the upgraded version, so for many characters, that wasn’t necessary..

It's so funny how Ephraim is irrelevant even in gameplay, there's no reason to use him over Eirika.

Ephraim is better offensively for magic attacks.

Score - 8.5-9/10, Maddening pending.

Nice, although after some of the comments here, I’m surprised the story was only C. I hope you enjoy maddening, I’ve loved most of it.

But who did you S-rank (I know all the spoiler characters btw)

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m surprised the story was only C. I

Well, i liked alot of the story beats, but also disliked lotsa them (especially eaely). I think C is fair tbh.

Maybe C+ B- xD

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hmmmmm

Born in a world of strife!

As an aside, I just remembered that Reinhardt once said "BUT THE BIG MAN REFUSES TO GO DOWN" in official material. Make of that what you will.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What else? Was Porky's objective to epicly prank Lucas all along?

To be fair, corrupting society with capitalism and destroying the world does sound like Porky's idea of a prank.

Lumera & Sigurd bamboozle you and welcome you to the game

Lumera should've been the main character, then she could bamboozle every enemy in the game. But her coolness would overshadow Alear so she suffered from FE parent syndrome.

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Fire Emblem Heroes is a bad game because we'll probably never get a Lilith/Sommie harmonic.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's funny because that's the point of Sena's character.

Takahashi played the big brain with that one.

Curses, Takahashi's mind is too deep for my feeble attempts at humor.

I was confused at why everyone thought it was hard, again, because the map started off super easy.

I can barely finish the maps that apparently aren't super hard. Suddenly I feel... dread. So instead of continuing, I'll rewatch 13 Sentinels's cutscenes.

It's a social faux pas to ask someone who they S-supported without saying who you S-supported. Or who you paired Rean with, at least.

Well, i liked alot of the story beats, but also disliked lotsa them (especially eaely). I think C is fair tbh.

Tbh I can’t say I disliked the early story beats. The writing was bad and cringey but the story was generic in such a way that it was hard to actively dislike it.

But I also haven’t gotten to any story beats that are that good outside of chapter 11 and the way Timerra makes my heart beat. The beginning of chapter 17 is a little cool tho, and I’m 5% sold on the Kaga character now.

Hmmmmm

Spoiler

Veyle?

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:
It's a social faux pas to ask someone who they S-supported without saying who you S-supported. Or who you paired Rean with, at least.

But I haven’t got the pact ring and everyone knows it’s gonna be Timerra anyway!

How?

One big dragon sitting on the middle of the small map. While enemy keep pouring out from sides While the music is not exactly same mood, its also different than many previous game final map theme where its more upbeat, but here its more melodranatic with a mix of something that sound 8 bit or like a midi track

Theres also that lore dump which would be better to have happened earlier

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Mhappening.

Hide contents

perfect.

t

Hide contents

ha.

eanwhile me: Who are all these people standing with Alfred? Where did Vandad?

Yeah.. if they make conversation based on unit that participate in the sortie.. they would have to prepare as much dialogue variation like the bond conversation. That would be a lot and troublesome. Not just from VA and cost perspectice. But also from programming perspective (you need to create so many different trigger just for one set of cutscenes)

Oh, I see the individual amounts to add funds to my Nintendo Account were changed.

... oh, these are better than the previous ones! I like it.

43 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Fire Emblem Heroes is a bad game because we'll probably never get a Lilith/Sommie harmonic.

Having Sommie in any offensive capabilities would prove too much for our mortal souls to handle.

34 minutes ago, joevar said:

One big dragon sitting on the middle of the small map. While enemy keep pouring out from sides While the music is not exactly same mood, its also different than many previous game final map theme where its more upbeat, but here its more melodranatic with a mix of something that sound 8 bit or like a midi track

The difference though is that FE6 endgame ends in one turn.

I wish I had the money to buy certain 3DS and Wii U games before the EShop closes and physical copies skyrocket in price. People need to have more weddings.

I mean sure, pirating is always an option, but I definitely prefer playing the games on the original console, especially with consoles as unique as the dual screen 3DS and Wii U.

Not gonna lie, it's pretty much why I bought Fates when I did. As otherwise I feel I would've keep withholding it so long I knew it was still there to be bought.

I honestly can't wait for the time when for series' I particularly love like Fire Emblem I can simply be looking forward towards the next entry or the current latest release instead of being preoccupied with it's entire backlog.

That's one major downside of this whole FE adventure I'm having, since I always have a game to look forward too I'm not always taking my time on the current one I am playing like I would had I been there to try it when it originally released.