Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Jokes aside, can't wait to see Twitter react to the Lena/Lana rape scene.

What the hell are you smoking Armagon? I don’t remember that happening in the game.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Imagine how they'll explain away Dew possibly becoming a father

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWQdZj3X0AAqdsl?format=jpg&name=small

Same way they explain Nowi being a mother?

8 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

kfXuAQK.jpeg

3 Wyvern? Could it really be THAT bad?

I mean, Berwick Saga had an in-engine cutscene with dozens of wyverns in a single scene.

Temenos 3 Crackridge is pretty interesting. I was somehow too stupid to understand exactly what was going on at first, but I picked up on it. It has some interesting implications, I didn’t expect the mystery to go in this direction. There’s also dialogue at the end that implies that Temenos 3 Stormhail should change because I did this one first, but I doubt that it actually will. Unless there’s just a different scene at the end like there was for Castti. This chapter had a dungeon but no boss.

And… Hikari 3, finally an interesting Hikari chapter! Ritsu is actually a pretty interesting character. He should’ve been the warrior we got. There’s a dungeon but no boss once again. However, I was under leveled for the challenge fight you have to do, which turned it into a mini-boss of sorts. And the stuff that happens after is interesting. Ritsu shows up in all those scenes, coincidence? I think not. Also @Saint Rubenio

8UfdLpu.jpg

Garon. Perfect motivation to continue your playthough, eh? Eh?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Also @Saint Rubenio

8UfdLpu.jpg

Garon.

Y E S

He's only missing the salt. And if the theories that both Octopaths and Triangle take place in the same universe are correct...

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Perfect motivation to continue your playthough, eh? Eh?

Hahaha... Honestly, might be better off restarting and making sure to keep my levels in check. But that won't be for a while, I don't think. Honestly I regret buying it at release, I really should've held off on it and waited for a sale. It really does not feel like it deserves 60$ to me.

Coming up for air between games has me stuck in indecisiveness and frustration, again.

I said I wanted to get back to Mana Khemia yesterday, since it was the last thing I was seriously playing before the break that the AP continuation. However, I don't exactly love MK either, the combat had gotten good, and the music was becoming respectable. Yet the iffy cast and overall unsatisfactory feeling of "it feels like I've played less than the time on my save file says" means I haven't developed a love for the game. It doesn't emotively draw me back towards it save for the sake of finishing it -though it isn't a total drag. (AI3 was quite possibly more repetitive, with less dungeon variety and easier/inferior combat, but I always snapped back into continuing that game until completion.)

I came real close to resuming Episode III last night, but then I told myself to save it for this morning. And now, the morning arrived, it feels like I passed up a perfect opportunity. Dangit!😆

My craving for instant-gratification tells me to start SRWJ, but I know better to wait and I'm showing restraint. I can keep the dark dragon of immediate desire trapped behind a thousand-year magic seal.

Rune Factory 5? I should get back to this. Why do I insist on waiting for a "rainy day" to resume it? -But it does have a certain power to make me joyful rarely found elsewhere.

The ten-thousand other games in my backlog haven't entered serious consideration, though I acknowledge they're there.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I mean, Berwick Saga had an in-engine cutscene with dozens of wyverns in a single scene.

is there even something other than chracter standing and talking while doing exaggerated pose in non FMV cutscense in Switch FE... 

exercise with weapon? skipped. bringing something? not shown. doing something that doesnt involve standing upright? fade to black

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahaha... Honestly, might be better off restarting and making sure to keep my levels in check. But that won't be for a while, I don't think. Honestly I regret buying it at release, I really should've held off on it and waited for a sale. It really does not feel like it deserves 60$ to me.

What not starting with Castti does to a person.

Honestly, tho, I guess I got lucky that I could see what was happening to my characters after I’d gotten half of them and was able to cut down on my battles with the other 4. I’ve had like… 2 overleveled chapters. Castti will stay horribly overleveled because protag moment but the game has still maintained plenty of difficulty despite that.

Although I will say, the $60 was worth it for me. The gameplay is, exp aside, slightly more balanced, and the pixel art and music are still great. These were the reasons for playing the OG Octopath. The biggest improvement, however, is the story and characters. Castti, Throné, and Temenos all have fantastic stories which so far have blown everything from the previous game out of the water. Partitio’s is an absolute blast even if it’s not very… deep, and Hikari’s is starting to ramp up. The characters are better too, being able to see all the party banter in-game easily helps a lot.

24 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ch.17 Maddening is going we-

> Zephia moves 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Game can read my mind, because this is exaxtly the change i would've done from Hard to maddening

Good devs

Oh you guys didn’t have to deal with that

I cheesed that map so hard, kind of on accident.

Edited by Sooks

48 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

> Zephia moves 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Game can read my mind, because this is exaxtly the change i would've done from Hard to maddening

Good devs

The only reason I won on hard was that Zephia didn't move.

Pain.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What not starting with Castti does to a person.

Osvald has evasive maneuvers lolololol

Honestly, tho, I guess I got lucky that I could see what was happening to my characters after I’d gotten half of them and was able to cut down on my battles with the other 4. I’ve had like… 2 overleveled chapters. Castti will stay horribly overleveled because protag moment but the game has still maintained plenty of difficulty despite that.

Yeah, I went for every sub job before I even started my first chapter 2. Bad idea.

Although I will say, the $60 was worth it for me. The gameplay is, exp aside, slightly more balanced, and the pixel art and music are still great. These were the reasons for playing the OG Octopath. The biggest improvement, however, is the story and characters. Castti, Throné, and Temenos all have fantastic stories which so far have blown everything from the previous game out of the water. Partitio’s is an absolute blast even if it’s not very… deep, and Hikari’s is starting to ramp up. The characters are better too, being able to see all the party banter in-game easily helps a lot.

See, the thing is, I agree with all of this, and yet... It just didn't feel like it was good enough to me. I don't know why. It was good, but it fell a bit short, somehow.

Maybe it's me that's changed. Octopath 1 was a while back for me, after all. A pre-Omori and Exit Fate world. When a janky-ass RPGMaker game from 2008 with "borrowed" music made by one guy managed to do literally everything right, to the point where my biggest complaint ended up being "this guy joined instead of that gal", Octopath II at 60$ from Squenix just feels... complacent, I think is a good word for it.

Still, the game is good, no doubt about that. I'll probably enjoy it more coming back to it down the line and keeping my levels low.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pain.

Yup, pain xD.

I used my 10 charges and still have to reset lmao. Zephia moving makes this map exponentially harder. And even baiting her is not that easy thanks to Canter + Terrain on the map hindering my units. Gotta cook up a new tactic.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yup, pain xD.

Griss says E X Q U I S I T E

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I used my 10 charges and still have to reset lmao. Zephia moving makes this map exponentially harder. And even baiting her is not that easy thanks to Canter + Terrain on the map hindering my units. Gotta cook up a new tactic.

It was already hellish just to handle the two bosses. Zephia on top of them? Jesus Christ...

What's your maddening team looking like, outta curiosity?

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

> Zephia moves 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Good devs

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pain.

But....but I played on Hard and Zephia moved. She even Overrided me twice.

5 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

What the hell are you smoking Armagon? I don’t remember that happening in the game.

Heavily implied.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Heavily implied.

Where? I don’t remember that. I know in Chapter 6 it’s implied about women in Isaach via Larcei’s dialogue, but when is it stated that it happened to Lana specifically?

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's your maddening team looking like, outta curiosity?

Mage Knight Byleth!Alear

Lucina!Celine (will give her Sigurd later)

Eirika!Framme

Lyn!Anna

Alcryst

Ike!Alpaca boi

Corrin!Pandreo

Merrin

Hortensia

Great Knight Mary

Dancer-kun

Wyvern Kagetsu

Most likely will replace Alcryst with a crit build Lindon. Might replace Alpaca boi as well, not sure

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But....but I played on Hard and Zephia moved

Without you being in her range? In Madenning she starts moving with Spoiler-chan and puncher Daddy even without you being in her range

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

14 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Where? I don’t remember that. I know in Chapter 6 it’s implied about women in Isaach via Larcei’s dialogue, but when is it stated that it happened to Lana specifically?

When Ares rescues her and asks if she's ok and she's like "no I'm not".

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Without you being in her range? In Madenning she starts moving with Spoiler-chan and puncher Daddy even without you being in her range

Well the latter did at least.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

When Ares rescues her and asks if she's ok and she's like "no I'm not".

Lana and Lene are two different characters, not two different spellings of the same name.

Just now, Armagon said:

Actually now that I think about it, everyone moved even without me being in range. Ironically Zephia stayed behind until I got closer.

Yeah on hard everyone except Zephia moves

Maddening makes Zephia move as well which is a big painnnn

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But....but I played on Hard and Zephia moved. She even Overrided me twice.

She moves if you enter her range, yes. I'm assuming what Shrimpy means is that she charges alongside the rest.

Me Sitting Down Listening To VG Music: 😞

Me On The Treadmill Listening To VG Music: 😤

Personality stabilized, for now at least. 

It's amazing what a few good tunes do for me when it comes to exercising. The time flies by, the intensity becomes assuredly bearable.

Chose this as the final track for today's workout, I wanted something steely. Capped off an hour of walking, about 25 mins more than I usually do.😅