• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

39 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The best class.

It really is. More games need to have fun with their systems like this.

12 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

…This man better get canonized after his death.

Thanks for the recommendation. I don't really need 50 minutes of video to tell me that this game is the way I already know it is, but I'm sure it'll be a fine review to watch for others who haven't played the game yet.

LyHTcZ8S_o.png

It is done.

Fauxnel and his squad of goddesses (and demoness) have conquered the Seraphic Gate.

His shoes will never be the same.

Now he can do it again, but with his BFFs instead! And Langrey. I'm sure he and Langrey were BFFs too, I mean, they're both horrible people.

1sanR2lj_o.png

Holy fucking shit the damage

Hahahahahaha... Oh, we're going to civilize so many barbarians.

And they are all 20 levels lower than Fauxnel, too. They all die in one hit, but that's why Fauxnel learned how to provoke. Not that he needed to, I mean, dude stirs anger in all beings by merely being himself.

This might work yet.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Wraith: frustrated with engage

Also wraith: posting videos about engage that feature engage highlight.

cover4.jpg

So do you actually love it or hate it...

Thats close to young girl behaviour when they hate something on internet, but i thought you're a boomer. Lmao

Edited by joevar

17 minutes ago, joevar said:

Thats close to young girl behaviour when they hate something on internet, but i thoughtyou're a boomer. Lmao

Is he finally going through second childhood?

Constant its descent

Blossoming tree befuddled

For the vernal nears.

Briefly it touches the ground, 

Strikes my yearning heart.

It was snow flurries all day today.❄️ I looked out my bedroom window and kept my eyes fixed to it. This winter has been a complete wash for me, no snow accumulation at all, it was simply much too warm. I know other parts of the US have suffered from excessive snowfall these past three months, and California is getting hammered by what are being referred to as Celestial "atmospheric rivers" right now, but I wish things had been colder and wetter by me. What's the point of living in a part of the country where you expect all four seasons, if you don't get their signature qualities?

The ground temp was too high for any accumulation today, though there is a coating forming now that darkness has fallen (I don't expect it to last more than overnight). This shall be the ephemeral moment, at the very end of the season, when I see a tree unfolding its white petals due to the long streak of warm weather, where I can partake of my wintry romanticism. 

15 hours ago, joevar said:

if you want to count spin off manga then yes. in Mazinger Zero, Sayaka got a new mecha named Artemis, a successor to Aphrodite and Venus. The cockpit is a liquid oxygen, with reasoning such as dampening impact and ease of movement etc, since it moves by moving her own body.

*Checks the numbers*

Liquid oxygen boils at -182.96C. How can Sayaka even move? She ought to be in cryostasis!

-Oh wait, super robots, don't overthink it.😆

And thanks for this tidbit!😃

18 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Anyway, so, if you recall from what else I plan to have in my roster, years after above, with the situation on Earth being quite delicate... cue the crash-landing of the alien vessel that would become the Macross, combined with the beginning sightings of Invaders on the Moon and the stablishment of the Reclaimers, means the Earth Federation can no longer keep secret the fact there is alien life out there... and is very very hostile. Since at this point they'd also known, through NERV, of the Angels. This is one of the catalysts the Zabi Family uses to drive to proclaim independence. Taking cues on the possible explanation as to why Zeon joined forces with Bian Zoldark in Classicverse. The "we'd be the first line of defense so we'll bear the brunt of any invasion and the Earthnoids would happily allow that if it means they'd remain mostly unscathed" train of logic. I'll also take cues from Alpha 1, where Dr. Hell joined forces with the Principality of Zeon. And just like T and 30, thus the One Year War and the Moon Wars happen concurrently. If 30 had the dynamic of Guy being part of the "veteran group", here it'd be Roy Focker from Macross, due to how the dates match. Rather than the Unification Wars (which wouldn't exist here due to circumstance), it's the One Year War that makes him leave the air circus to join the army, and thus ends up as part of the motley crew of the White Base.

... man, how I can think all this up and still only have it gather digital dust... Bandai Namco should hire me. *shot*

*Reads this.*

...Had I only the knowledge to attempt something like this.😄😉

SRW writing demands a breadth of understanding that makes it trickier than it may initially appear. You might have the individual stories pre-made for you, but the linkages and alterations to accommodate it all, whilst trying to add new twists to old tales over the long run with each successive entry, that's where the genius or lack thereof is revealed.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It really is. More games need to have fun with their systems like this.

Be careful with what you wish for.

Screen-Shot-2023-03-14-at-7-18-04-PM.png

The "W" is for "Witch". Witch-Otaku.

His attacks are pretty ordinary though, no craziness. He merely uses a guitar-shaped gun with plain projectiles.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now he can do it again, but with his BFFs instead! And Langrey. I'm sure he and Langrey were BFFs too, I mean, they're both horrible people.

1sanR2lj_o.png

An all mage team. Only one attack per character, but it looks like that isn't an issue here. Dark Sacred Poison Fire Javelin Savior Blow Storm?

Lockswell would've technically worked with Fauxnel, due to the implication that his wife/Cheripha's mother may have belonged to Fauxnel's fallen noble house.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

True!

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

oKjW2za.jpg

Oh boy, I wonder what fun things will happen in Crossbell this time? I'm sure it will be nothing bad...

Prepare yourself for kino...

CS3 in your case

NitbLI9.jpg

4smmdIB.jpg

#TeaPropaganda

Anyway, i think Ch.18 is so much better on Maddening than on hard. On hard it was super cheese, and while it wasn't exactly super tough here, it was a decent challenge and a good breather after 17

Next: Mauv's Warp shenanigans

1 hour ago, joevar said:

So do you actually love it or hate it...

Tsunraith

3 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

This man better get canonized after his death.

Lmao this is the guy who made like a three part "why Xenoblade 2 is disappointing" video and each part was like an hour long.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

was snow flurries all day today.❄️

Send some over here please.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

4smmdIB.jpg

#TeaPropaganda

Of course, interesting maneuver.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Of course, interesting maneuver.

Honestly maneuver was just to show off XD

I could've very easily picked the boss and the Archer from the bottom, but i did a double dance so Celine can reach from behind and one shot the boss with Override after max move XD

Only problem i have with Sigurd!Celine tbh is that the drip is not as cool as Lucina!Celine. Lucina just fits Celine extremly drip wise XD

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Reads this.*

...Had I only the knowledge to attempt something like this.😄😉

SRW writing demands a breadth of understanding that makes it trickier than it may initially appear. You might have the individual stories pre-made for you, but the linkages and alterations to accommodate it all, whilst trying to add new twists to old tales over the long run with each successive entry, that's where the genius or lack thereof is revealed.

Oh, that's so true!

In a way, I can understand why it could be appealing to do the "multi-world" route like Z, V, or X did. Or what DD is doing too. Since it can ease up the burden of having everything interwoven. Still, that is one of SRW's main appeals, so I would certainly try to do the same.

Still, one thing I'd certainly reevaluate is if I may take out an entry or two from the list. I figured I'd try to make this work by first putting everything, or at least most of what I'd want to see, then take out stuff as needed. Instead of trying to build everything up one thing at a time. But well, if it happens, it happens.

Only now it hit me that by using Infinity and Armageddon, I can no longer have the whole "Alliance of Underground Demon Empires" thing... well, it's fine. It'd just be Reideen's Youma Empire then. They could be like, acting smug that they will succeed where the Mycenaeans didn't. Or perhaps back then some Youma supported the Mycenaeans as they waited for Emperor Barao to be freed from his prison. Either way.

Also to my attention is that I haven't really given the thing an actual title. Still plenty of letters of the alphabet left, thankfully. XD

The witty side of me would want to have it be SRW Ñ...

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

True!

The Death of Socrates... I was questioning whether The School of Athens would be more suitable for a waifu war.

Sanzio_01_Plato_Aristotle.jpg

But then, a man choosing to die of hemlock for standing by his beliefs is more dramatic.

As for junctions. It's not they're "complicated", so much as tedious. Triple Triad however...

And for FFIX, what really annoyed me was saving. The moogle always has to do that midair spin that does nothing but waste my time.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Send some over here please.

I would if I could for ya.😜

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I know i'm playing Twilight Princess and Oracle of Ages rn but it's spring break so

FrOR4ZQacAQ8Z1W?format=jpg&name=large

Let me breeze through this one real quick.

I've never finished AoL, I got pretty far, with a guide. But this early black sheep I never completed.

Hopefully the... NES-era limitations don't drag this too far down for you. The weird RPG elements aside, I don't think the format of AoL is bad, but it reaaaaaaaaaly needs a modern "sequel" ala A Link Between Worlds.

BTW, I believe you need to find all the Magic Containers (non-level MP upgrades) to get the Thunder spell. You need that spell b/c the penultimate boss is invincible if you don't cast it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

BTW, I believe you need to find all the Magic Containers (non-level MP upgrades) to get the Thunder spell. You need that spell b/c the penultimate boss is invincible if you don't cast it.

....hey so did you that NES NSO has "cheat code" versions of some games?

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In a way, I can understand why it could be appealing to do the "multi-world" route like Z, V, or X did. Or what DD is doing too. Since it can ease up the burden of having everything interwoven. Still, that is one of SRW's main appeals, so I would certainly try to do the same.

Definitely is the case for me.😄 Everything can feel so seamless. As if the different storylines were always together if you didn't know otherwise -as I didn't with GBA OGs as a kid.

Dimensions are the lazy way out, I don't want them. I wish more crossovers went the SRW route.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also to my attention is that I haven't really given the thing an actual title. Still plenty of letters of the alphabet left, thankfully. XD

Going through the English alphabet...

• B -but BX exists (but then, that didn't stop X from happening).
  • C
  • E
  • G
  • H
  • I
  • M
  • N
  • O
  • P
  • Q
    • Queen? Kill/kidnap all the men and let the women take over for the day!
    • Queer? *Googles RyomaxHayatoxBenkei, with safe search off.*
    • Qwen? I'm not going to drag this letter out any further. But can I introduce you to this lady named "Cinqua"?
  • S
  • U
    • Unity/Union?
    • Universe? Could be a good letter for visiting other planets.
  • Y

Since Alpha and X-Omega exists, Greek letters are on the table. -But there are two ubiquitous letters I don't think we'd ever see used from those, and you don't need to be a mind reader to figure out which ones I mean.😜

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

....hey so did you that NES NSO has "cheat code" versions of some games?

Expectable reaction from you, which is why I had to warn thee.

But then, you can't blame Adventure of Link, it's an NES game, that's part of the ancient era. Try Castlevania II: Simon's Quest next, the NPCs are known to outright lie to you in that game.😛

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

• Queen? Kill/kidnap all the men and let the women take over for the day!

I mean, if we are to get technical, SRW already does the "can only deploy the women pilots of the team (men only participate if they're sub-pilots)"... as a one-map thing in the DLC. From Z3 to 30 and counting.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Since Alpha and X-Omega exists, Greek letters are on the table. -But there are two ubiquitous letters I don't think we'd ever see used from those, and you don't need to be a mind reader to figure out which ones I mean.😜

*thinks for a second*

I give up.

Edited by Acacia Sgt