Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1ZDaN5U.jpg

Aw, looks like the randomiser doesn't cover the legendary gerbils. 😕 That, or Entei became Raikou.

eP2KitN.jpg

Eh. I guess its level is high enough to be insta-evolved and Kingler does have a pretty immense attack stat, but I don't think SideshwBob (my HM Krabby is nicknamed Krusti, you see) is going to see much use.

bLVAJ07.jpg

Pictured: The guy who is about to give Ruben an existential crisis by being too nice.

qZ0aP3r.jpg

Team Rocket had a pretty impressive haul of legendaries: a bunch of Regirock on the respecitive first trainers from the statue cameras...

edzu7HW.jpg0SgLMjT.jpg

...a random grunt with both Shaymin and Latias...

n5SZJBn.jpg

...and fucking GOD in the service of that Hyuck-hyuck guy.

OuzuD4l.jpg

On the plus side, KnuffelCthulu is now officially a full-grown cosmic horror, tearing apart the very fabric of space. Lucky roll with the Hidden Power TM

ogTmVET.jpg

And Poison Ivy is an intergalactic virus. Lucky roll with the Secret power TM; Lake of Rage was very lucrative despite the Yellow Krabby not being the greatest thing ever

yyJUhb8.jpgd0qNiLb.jpg

Speaking of intergalactic viruses, the last boss fight of the rocket hideout was really appropriate, with the grunt sending out two rather scrubby Pokemon while Ariana comes out with frigging Deoxys and Salamence.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

oh no+

It's actually giving me way less trouble than 12-1 did. Somehow.

...Better not speak too soon, though. I've not yet reached The Funny, after all.

Spring sale at Steam has started. Thank God Octopath II did not go on sale. If it had, this early, buying it at release would've shot up to the top of my list of lifelong regrets. As is, it can sit pretty in my list of mid-tier regrets, alongside buying more DLCs for Payday 2 than I care to admit and The Witcher trilogy for no reason.

In brighter news, I got Triangle Strat. Probably won't start it right now, but I got it. Went on a pretty good sale, but I took the bait and got Various Daylife alongside it. Probably will never play it, but it was only 4 extra bucks... Yeaaaaaaah they got me with the oldest trick in the book. That's embarrassing.

Oh well, no problem. I can just sell Octopath 1 alongside my copy of Switch TriStrat and make my buck back entirely. In the unlikely event I ever play that game again, despite the existence of Octo II, I'll probably just emulate it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sale eh?

*Takes a look*

w5Ca4M6.pngqQxHrUz.png
HfS03HI.pngzeG4qIU.png

One of those

maybe

Still busy with Engage and wanna finish Sparks of Hope & Astral Chain after

Noooooooooooooo don't remind me of another one of my mid-tier regrets, which was buying Symphony of War on a sale and never touching it...

I really gotta get around to playing it so I can compensate for the newly added regret of buying Octopath II at full price. Maybe after TriStrat and Engage 2. If nothing else comes up.

The Steam Spring Sale?

Maglam-Buy.png

It has finally dropped to the price point I wanted it at. I want the Switch version because I feel like this would be a cozy handheld game and wouldn't need a big screen. But Maglam Lord on Switch is not on sale even though it is on Steam b/c the Steam Spring Sale has started. IDK why. IDK if I should wait and see, or just buy on Steam (looks like it was the opposite once before last year -sale on Switch, but not Steam).

Yes I see that "~" I know the reviews are mixed (6-7 range), I checked, I read a few, I've learned of its flaws. Although ML is not with positive aspects that leave me wanting it. And this has crossed the price threshold where I feel less stupid for buying it -if not without some hesitation even so.

Maybe Maglam Lord is half-trash, but then people eat junk food IRL. They can regularly spend several times more each month on junk food than on this one little game. And that garbage has processed sugar, excessive sodium, and cholesterol that make people unhealthy. A video game has 0 milligrams of any of that stuff! Yes, I have to talk myself into overcoming buyer's hesitation.

-This ain't for anyone else here, I've merely a weird interest in this.🙃

3 hours ago, ping said:

..a random grunt with both Shaymin and Latias...

n5SZJBn.jpg

You've ended up in mirror world, where people don't complain of Team Rocket using weaklings all the time, and instead kvetch about them being too strong.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

zzgKR0f.png

Nothing tingles my heart like the sweet delicious taste of suffering ^_^

Hmm... Looks scaly. Dragon girl who cannot possibly live among humans/love them? Petrification curse? Non-curse special incurable illness?😈

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

One of those

maybe

An SRPG, a Metroidvania, what looks like a VN, and I think Automata is a not-overly-complicated nor Souls-hard action game. Quite the variety you're considering.

Nier: Automata is considered a masterpiece by many -but then that just means you might personally find it severely overrated.😜 Published by Square isn't a good sign for you, but the dev was Platinum Games. -Although their most recent collaboration was Babylon's Fall.🤣😝

As for Ender Lilies, there is a sea of indie Metroidvanias out there nowadays. Cast your net and you're bound to catch some. Nonetheless, I do recall particularly positive reviews for Quietus of the Knights, looks to be a 8 or 8.5/10 for its average score.

I can't say anything about the other two games.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Still busy with Engage and wanna finish Sparks of Hope & Astral Chain after

That's part of being a gamer if you ask me.😃 Not getting too distracted by shiny new/on sale games so that you actually play and appreciate what you already own.😆

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

image.png?width=1100&height=619

Link%20Spinner%20Hyrule%20Warriors.jpg

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Seriously why does it go so hard.

I'm not sure what genre Skull Dungeon sounds like. I want to say the beat would actually work for something religious, but I'm not sure if it'd be a Catholic, Orthodox, or Jewish composition. Not a light, airy one, something more rhythmic (monk (with a dangling incense burner swinging in hand)/rabbi swaying back and forth with the holy tune), serious, "earthly" and energetic in its reverence toward God.

I know, strange thought for the sounds of a lava-filled Zelda dungeon.😅

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yes I see that "~" I know the reviews are mixed (6-7 range), I checked, I read a few, I've learned of its flaws. Although ML is not with positive aspects that leave me wanting it. And this has crossed the price threshold where I feel less stupid for buying it -if not without some hesitation even so.

One of those bad reviews had better be "Maglam, more like Maglame" or else the Steam community has failed

98hRCor.jpg

Absolute status of Leif's paralogue on Maddening. 12 turns of paladin farming after i warpkilled ballista. And they aren't letting up so far

If the reinforcements are endless i am just gonna bite back and farm here.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yes, I have to talk myself into overcoming buyer's hesitation.

I kinda do something similar when i buy games lol

Atleast when i was a student XD

Published by Square isn't a good sign for you, but the dev was Platinum Games.

Yeah Platinum (whose games i usually love) balances the square enix-ness out XD

I can't say anything about the other two games

One i was hoping Ruben have played by now so i can get his opinion, the other is a quite highly regarded VN.

Not getting too distracted by shiny new/on sale games so that you actually play and appreciate what you already own.

Ikr

Some games are high prio tho. Like Engage made me throw away everything else when it came out kek. Something similar bound to happen with stuff like Ys, for example.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Noooooooooooooo don't remind me of another one of my mid-tier regrets, which was buying Symphony of War on a sale and never touching it...

Smh my head

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

When you have to spend 20 minutes chasing Lechter around again

the-endless-now-v0-d6ordaoa8gz91.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=eb45895250aae69d19ca6985afa583c78aec2fa0

How do I remove Shirley from the game?

4 hours ago, ping said:

Speaking of intergalactic viruses, the last boss fight of the rocket hideout was really appropriate, with the grunt sending out two rather scrubby Pokemon while Ariana comes out with frigging Deoxys and Salamence.

That must be how it feels when your friend goes to all the GameStop events but your parents never take you to them.

Is this the best Disney song?

It was a rhetorical question.

14 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Haha...

shirley_grope.png

Edited by Newtype06

56 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You've ended up in mirror world, where people don't complain of Team Rocket using weaklings all the time, and instead kvetch about them being too strong.

"Too strong" is probably exaggerated. The Johto level curve is still a bit whack, so it's a LITERAL POKEMON GOD facing a bog-standard Vileplume that is 10 levels higher than it. I don't know how the stats between those two compare exactly, but the Rocket hideout wasn't too tough, all things concidered. The real challenges have been gym leaders, like Morty's Walrein doing Whitney!Miltank things (i.e. use the ice-type Rollout) or Jasmine's Gengar one- or two-shotting everything on my team. I had to postpone the latter, although I'd say that Ivy with a super-effective, 140 base power attack should be able to nuke that Gengar. inb4 she follows up with Mewtwo and Kyogre

2 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Is this the best Disney song?

Star Wars is officially a Disney franchise now, is it not..?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That's part of being a gamer if you ask me.😃 Not getting too distracted by shiny new/on sale games so that you actually play and appreciate what you already own.😆

This is why, especially if it's a game I'm getting anyways, I don't buy unless I plan on playing it within a week of release. Usually.

Remember when I said I'd grab Ys Oath and Ark on sale? I lied.

Edited by Armagon

Osvald 4 is surprisingly good. There’s a disturbing moment, in a good way, and ten a twist that actually fixes my main problem with it… chapter 3 is redeemed.

The fact that I’m horribly undrr leveled for bosses is starting to get a little annoying, but I don’t feel like grinding. I have been pulling through, though.

9 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm also playing through the game on Hard, which I'll probably regret at some point...

Probably not, this game is mostly not that bad. Also, MQ are here and still quite good, even if not CS levels.

58 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

BASED

I got emailed a survey from Nintendo today. The email itself didn't say what the topic was, but it turned out to be about Pikmin. My time has come...

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

Haha...

But on the bright side, we have interesting lore.

Spoiler

The DG texts will be filled in... eventually, which is something to look forward to. I wasn't sure if they would be when I first read them in Zero. Of course they'll probably give away all the endgame twists, so I don't think they'll be completed anytime soon.

1 hour ago, ping said:

Star Wars is officially a Disney franchise now, is it not..?

According to my high school politics teacher it is. I wonder how he felt about The Last Jedi...

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Probably not, this game is mostly not that bad. Also, MQ are here and still quite good, even if not CS levels.

Zero was probably the game I had the least trouble with yes, Cold Steel was more difficult, so I'm playing on hard now. Though apparently there are some difficult bosses, which is what I was apprehensive about.