gotta take one for the team right

until then, not a true Fire emblem

It will not happen

but imagine if it does XD

Imagine if they kill off Kiran

And then make the kid the MC

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The best thing I've seen anyone say about it is that it being a dissonant cacophony aligns with the overall gameplay design of Crown Dungeon

It is a very interesting approach for a Zelda dungeon. It makes you get all the small keys first and then just puts a big series of doors and locked blocks to go through. First time I've seen the key counter go past 2.

You also get the main item early on, as opposed to after the midboss, which goes against traditional Zelda conventions.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Some might say OoA goes overboard with the puzzles, so I'm glad you're enjoying them.😀

Main thing that holds some of them back is GBC. Cause this means a constant menuing sometimes.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is a very interesting approach for a Zelda dungeon. It makes you get all the small keys first and then just puts a big series of doors and locked blocks to go through. First time I've seen the key counter go past 2.

You also get the main item early on, as opposed to after the midboss, which goes against traditional Zelda conventions.

Hate to be the bubble burster, but dungeon 7 will do the same thing to you. XD

Hot damn.... I think we mighta beaten the current “playonmac” situation 😎

For those who may not know, as if a hillbilly like myself would know anything about computers that you all dont, thats a app that allows Windows stuff to run on Apple computers, even games 😀

Been fightin with it for days, since all things “Windows” and “android” are a major pain in my begonias. Try this virtual drive whatever here, that dotnet framework whatever there... error msgs out the wazoo. “Dammit... how the hell I managed to get Heroes 3 to work if this wont”? 🤬

Then I got one that mentioned something about “gog files wont load, need backup install files from gog”. 

Hmmmm....🤔

So we went to the game collection page on Gog, cliked on one, scrolled down to the bottom and saw something. “Hmmm... lets try that”

Downloaded that, and saw the file said “setup.exe”. “What a minnit... I think thats a good thing. Lets install that”

Tried it with Age of Wonders, saw a bunch of stuff I dont recall seein before, hit the button that said “launch”, and well I’ll be hornswoggled. We have a game! 😁

And I didnt even need to mess with the damn “dotnet framework” or whatever the hell all that is 

As a certain TV star from my childhood back in the Civil War days used to say, “I love it when a plan comes together” 😎

Got the Brother Emblem finally after savescumming with restore points.

I will now go back in time to the development of this game to stop the devs from making this minigame mandatory

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Mandatory rhythm mini-game

tenor_72.gif

I'm so ass at rhythm mini-games.

AstonishingAliveHornedtoad-size_restrict

(Subrosians instead of Gorons here b/c a Linked OoA file.)

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Got the Brother Emblem finally after savescumming with restore points.

image.png

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Get ready for round 2! You need two Mermaid Keys, one for the Past and one for the Present!

Now you know true suffering! Despair, despair!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

image.png

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Get ready for round 2! You need two Mermaid Keys, one for the Past and one for the Present!

Now you know true suffering! Despair, despair!

I couldn't get the "no mecha series with water-focused setting" entirely out of my head. So out of a related curiosity, I searched for images of what the Earth would look like if all the ice melted and the sea level rose accordingly.:

01-ice-melt-north-america.jpg?w=1024&h=7

Apparently this National Geographic prediction is antiquated and actually underestimates the rise. Partly because liquids expand as it gets warmer, which it would if you raised the atmospheric temperature enough to melt all the ice.

Nonetheless, even in in this "optimistic" projection of the (not gonna happen IRL) worst case scenario, I felt a ting of the fragility of home to see where I live well below the waves. -Gives me the tiniest sense of how it must feel for those who live in coastal areas and islands that are very presently under the threat of being forever submerged.

6 hours ago, joevar said:

SOMBRON will be proud when he knows there are others who thinks like him

PzfkWMblaJ.jpg

200722084304-01-satanic-temple-baphomet-

Hail Satan!😛

The dialogue seems very befitting of Baphomet, given what I've read of them.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

So because I was bored I decided to make a tier list for both Civ 5 and Civ 6 ranking the leaders on how much I personally like them conceptually as a focus in a historical strategy game.

Is it weird how I don't fully draw a line between the leaders and the civilization they lead? Yes. Is it just generally very disingenuous and heavily biased? Also yes, but I'm gonna show 'em anyways.

eLhhmmL.png

8Dkp4Mv.png

-Greece, Rome, Egypt at the bottom.

I getcha, they're the Western trio of Antiquity that have been studied and taught to death.

I wasn't expecting Songhai to be so high. I would like to try a match with them blending Honor and Piety policies -but first I'd want to find a mod that disable city-strikes b/c that makes conquest so dang difficult in Civ5. 

Personally I'm a little more fond of Phoenicia, since it was the world's first trade-oriented "empire". Not entirely peaceful, but certainly not militaristic. What a shame that between Rome's destruction of Carthage, and perhaps a consequence being so focused on business, that the cultural and historical records (made by themselves) of Phoenicia are almost nonexistent.

While I get ranking Gandhi so low b/c his eternal Civilization presence is based on meme well past its expiration date. Nonetheless I feel more like I like having Gandhi in Civ more recently. While modern historians have pointed out his real flaws, India has currently fallen under the -increasingly antidemocratic- control of Hindu nationalists. People who, instead of regarding Gandhi as a national saint, worship his assassin; who would prefer to remember blood & guts resistance fighters over the father of nonviolent protest. People who would rather hate and exclude, instead of embracing India's historical diversity. As petty and meaningless as it is, I want Gandhi to stay in Civ as a little jab against the BJP, Gandhi will not be erased from history.

Anybody here interested in the Homeworld series? A friend shared it with me some months ago. It's a space-themed RTS series where you control armies of spaceships in real time. It also has, purportedly, a highly well-written plot. I saw a bit of it and it convinced me, so I threw it in my wishlist and kept a distant eye on it ever since.

Well, I was skimming my Steam wishlist just now and stumbled into the humongous 90% off tag on the remastered collection, which contains the remasters for the first two games and the original versions. The bundle with the sidegame Deserts of Kharat went from 78 bucks to a little under 6. Over 70 bucks of discount, and you get three games. Jesus fucking Christ.

So uh, yeah. Can't really call this a recommendation, since I've not yet played these games, nor will I in the near future - I still have TS waiting for me. If any of you happen to already be interested, however, I advise you go for it now. This is an absolutely insane discount, even for older games.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Apparently this National Geographic prediction is antiquated and actually underestimates the rise. Partly because liquids expand as it gets warmer, which it would if you raised the atmospheric temperature enough to melt all the ice.

Nonetheless, even in in this "optimistic" projection of the (not gonna happen IRL) worst case scenario, I felt a ting of the fragility of home to see where I live well below the waves. -Gives me the tiniest sense of how it must feel for those who live in coastal areas and islands that are very presently under the threat of being forever submerged.

Hm, so it's no longer a 70m rise?

Not like it matters. My home only needs like 4m to be underwater anyway.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The dialogue seems very befitting of Baphomet, given what I've read of them.

someone who wrote the lore in original tabletop game did their homework then.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

so you want to see another "Gargantia on the verduous planet" then?

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anybody here interested in the Homeworld series? A friend shared it with me some months ago. It's a space-themed RTS series where you control armies of spaceships in real time. It also has, purportedly, a highly well-written plot. I saw a bit of it and it convinced me, so I threw it in my wishlist and kept a distant eye on it ever since.

Well, I was skimming my Steam wishlist just now and stumbled into the humongous 90% off tag on the remastered collection, which contains the remasters for the first two games and the original versions. The bundle with the sidegame Deserts of Kharat went from 78 bucks to a little under 6. Over 70 bucks of discount, and you get three games. Jesus fucking Christ.

So uh, yeah. Can't really call this a recommendation, since I've not yet played these games, nor will I in the near future - I still have TS waiting for me. If any of you happen to already be interested, however, I advise you go for it now. This is an absolutely insane discount, even for older games.

im interested but still havent played it. also i already spent money somewhere else.

i love RTS, but not super interested in space/sci-fi games somehow. last time i play space strategy that i actually like is Starcraft 2. and thats because theres a bit of fantasy stuff in it with the Swarm, and the unbeatable quality of its campaign till this day, i just cant help but praised it. quality that FE will never beat even in the next decade but in the end i keep getting back to Command & Conquer especially C&C Generals for nth times. cant relate with future weaponry, but i can spot modern warfare weaponry just fine, lol.

thanks for reminding me it exist tho. 

Edited by joevar

45 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm, so it's no longer a 70m rise?

I did see one old article from The Atlantic that indicated that when you factor in the expansion of water, it could be 80 meters, perhaps even 90. So a little higher.

45 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not like it matters. My home only needs like 4m to be underwater anyway.

And you wouldn't be alone in that. A map like the above shows how humanity loves living on the coast, that threshold between solid green and liquid blue, often just waiting to turn Atlantis given the passage of long time.

For the other Nat Geo images:

Spoiler

04-ice-melt-europe.jpg?w=1900&h=1425

Europe doesn't look that much worse. Venice and the Netherlands are very expectable. London, Lisbon and Stockholm I wasn't aware would be gone, nor Baghdad far off to the east. The Caspian looks incredible, and I'm oddly laughing at Crimea Island.

05-ice-melt-asia.jpg?w=1900&h=1425

So much for the North China Plain, China's ancient heartland. And Bangladesh is just gone.

03-ice-melt-africa.jpg?w=1900&h=1425

Africa, looks surprisingly intact minus the Nile delta some of the west coast -though it is also claimed that the warmer temps could make the African continent less habitable, as if the Sahara wasn't already enough.

cbf3f594534f4ab339afb8382dcb591d5991f4a2

New Zealand is a survivor. Australia is apparently deceptive, because most people live on the coast, not in the outback. Nice inland sea BTW.

02-ice-melt-south-america.jpg?w=1900&h=1

The flooding of the Amazon Basin shows you just how much water follows water. Rivers would let the sea level rise sneak surprisingly far inland in some cases.

26 minutes ago, joevar said:

so you want to see another Gargantia then?

One of the things that keeps me from ever writing much in the way of fanfiction, is that I want to have a geographic map that is seemingly "realistic" onto which I could then plop my fabricated countries. -I know it sounds very strange, I doubt 99.5% of writers have pondered plate tectonics before imagining their world.😅

I wanted to get an idea of what a more submerged Earth would look like, just to see how much land would be left. A 100% water planet would be a little too bland. And blame Gundam for making me think you could set up tensions between people who live in the different environments- the Landers, the Flotsam, the Shelves, the Shippers, and the Depths.

So completely out of nowhere, but I hadn't realized waves 2 and 3 of Engage DLC had come out within exactly one month of each other. 3rd of February, 3rd of March. Guess we might get the 4th wave in two weeks, then.