• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

"Since I have no Covenant until tomorrow afternoon, I will try to push the Minimum Ranks update quickly."

Internet dies

Didn't take long to come back, at least.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Apparently this National Geographic prediction is antiquated and actually underestimates the rise. Partly because liquids expand as it gets warmer, which it would if you raised the atmospheric temperature enough to melt all the ice

Me in a few decades

29 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Yuck. I hated that part 

Enough with the rhythm games. The world has progressed past the need for rhythm games.

-Greece, Rome, Egypt at the bottom.

I getcha, they're the Western trio of Antiquity that have been studied and taught to death.

That and also just the leaders they use are the most well known. I'm fine if they have some form of Egypt, Rome, and Greece (Though if they do have Greece and Rome I don't want to seem them add Byzantine later) but at this point I find it more interesting if they don't use the pop culture leaders like Cleopatra, Ramses, Augustus, Julius, or Alexander, hence why I appreciate Trajan, Gorgo, and Pericles in Civ 6

I wasn't expecting Songhai to be so high. I would like to try a match with them blending Honor and Piety policies -but first I'd want to find a mod that disable city-strikes b/c that makes conquest so dang difficult in Civ5.

I put them up there because they're the Songhai, and I couldn't name more than 5 historical games, hell western historiography in general, that even mentions these people, so to see them in a game that bounces between trying to just be a fun bored game and an actual indepth look into certain histories is absolutely amazing.

It is quite a shame how they were basically the token Sahara Civ that almost felt like was replaced with Mali in the next game even though they could've coexisted, and did in actual history

Personally I'm a little more fond of Phoenicia, since it was the world's first trade-oriented "empire". Not entirely peaceful, but certainly not militaristic. What a shame that between Rome's destruction of Carthage, and perhaps a consequence being so focused on business, that the cultural and historical records (made by themselves) of Phoenicia are almost nonexistent.

That's a fair look. And I do like Phoenicia more than Rome or Greece but I don't have as much of an interest in ancient history to really look into them.

That's also why Haile Selassie is so high, as he's the most recent historical leader and arguably the most controversial, which I love in these games and I wished they did more of it.

While I get ranking Gandhi so low b/c his eternal Civilization presence is based on meme well past its expiration date. Nonetheless I feel more like I like having Gandhi in Civ more recently. While modern historians have pointed out his real flaws, India has currently fallen under the -increasingly antidemocratic- control of Hindu nationalists. People who, instead of regarding Gandhi as a national saint, worship his assassin; who would prefer to remember blood & guts resistance fighters over the father of nonviolent protest. People who would rather hate and exclude, instead of embracing India's historical diversity. As petty and meaningless as it is, I want Gandhi to stay in Civ as a little jab against the BJP, Gandhi will not be erased from history.

I have my own thoughts on hero worship and I'm often critical of civ for it's use of Great Man theory but in times of strife I can understand the need for a sort of martyr or uniting figure. Modern decentralized protests certainly have the benefit of being much harder for the government to kill since they don't have a single leader to assassinate but they can also lose momentum very easily on their own without accomplishing much.

Anyways, if Gandhi continues to be in civ then they must make Fred Hampton the next leader of America in Civ 7, no objections.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

image0.jpg

The sheer nerf they had for forcing the avatar to bear Chrom's child just because they might have the highest support rank with him.

Not even asking? Awakening does give dialog choices elsewhere. The answers are just always ignored.

GbAFMnI.jpg

22 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Convenient timing with others playing Trails atm apparently.

Have fun with 3rd! (Or at least, I think you're playing 3rd.) I particularly liked the doors system, so I recommend viewing all of them.

21 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The reveal that, back in the day, did bother some people. Why did Ganon have to show up here, when Zant exists as a villain? It's wasn't like LoZ hadn't had a game with the Big G before (AoL, MM).

This feels funny now because TP was the last mainline game to feature Ganondorf in a significant capacity, and it released 17 years ago. Maybe TotK will change that?

Yes Triforce of Power is to be thanked for it. But, how did G'dorf get his 'Force in this game?

I assume that since Ganondorf got the Triforce of Power in the Adult Timeline, he got it in every timeline. Or Link kept the Triforce of Courage when he was sent back, so the other two pieces went to Zelda and Ganondorf.

And I'm not in the "This is totally a SwitchKiller!" camp (Ninty and Valve aren't in true competition with each other).

It feels more like a competitor to gaming PCs than anything.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Got the Brother Emblem finally after savescumming with restore points.

Which wave of Engage's DLC was that Emblem added in? I'll be disappointed if it doesn't have Oscar, Boyd, and Rolf.

Edited by Lightchao42

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lmao that chad meme in the background

I do have to wonder why the most viewed upload of that song has Chadlear as the footage.

Either way, I love it. Seriously, best enemy phase theme in the entire series. Not that the competition is exactly stellar, but this one's actually memorable.

10 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

…Shrimp-kun won’t be pleased.

Ultra stamp on Vandad

This person speaks my language.

I dunno on Saphir

BetrAyaL... BeEetRaYaaL... i aM bEtRAyaAAaaAL...

Oh, right, I still have my FC playthrough on hold...

... I swear it won't take me seven years like last time to pick the game back up again.

Pokin around around on Gog lookin for stuff I might like... now that I done figured out how to get em runnin. Any of you guys ever play one called Vestaria Saga 2?

Kinda looks like it plays like a Fire Emblem game

1 minute ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Pokin around around on Gog lookin for stuff I might like... now that I done figured out how to get em runnin. Any of you guys ever play one called Vestaria Saga 2?

Heard it was the hobby project of some retired old game developer.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Nah, there's a better one:

No enemy phase music

Ü

Shrimpy's nightmares have enemy phase music.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

If it's an honest question, please say so and I will happily elaborate.

I have drawn six characters and each of their faces is a different flavor of uncanny.

...I am, however, rather proud at all the different ways I went about avoiding having to draw detailed hands.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And battle music interrupting map music

Ambush reinforcement music lololol