• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Behold, old women.

IMG_20230318_231331.jpg?width=828&height

I mean, for a drawing I made with an unsharpened pencil on a wobbly train, it's not... it's not terrible, y'know. Half the faces scare me, but I managed to find ways to keep all the hands from being too obvious.

...Although I did draw the last two characters earlier and I gave one of them the chad face by accident, so uh... Got no excuse there lol

Still happy to have drawn again. Really neglected the pencil for too long. Who's gonna draw old ladies if not me? I'm pretty sure only two of these even have fanart in the entire internet.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's pretty awesome.

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

stahp

Boo! Music jumpscare.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ahahahahaha, oh yeah I've seen this one. Really puts into perspective how utterly idiotic these things are, huh. Although Damian and co. aren't even in a game with ambush spawns so the gag doesn't really work so well

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahahahaha, oh yeah I've seen this one. Really puts into perspective how utterly idiotic these things are, huh. Although Damian and co. aren't even in a game with ambush spawns so the gag doesn't really work so well

He’s another one of those villains you cant help but love to hate

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really puts into perspective how utterly idiotic these things are, huh

Just wait until they come back next game because IS likes to bring it back again and go full stupid after peak gameplay.

Happened with Fates to 3H, and will probably happen to the next non remake game

12 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

He’s another one of those villains you cant help but love to hate

I just like how this random-ass Black Fang recolor was just hanging out at the Badon tavern, happened to see the good guys out the window and went "been practicing my one liners for this moment."

...And then proceeded to job massively, because killer weapon aside he's an utterly pathetic promote.

The face is great, though. A really palatable throwaway portrait.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Just wait until they come back next game because IS likes to bring it back again and go full stupid after peak gameplay.

Happened with Fates to 3H, and will probably happen to the next non remake game

To be fair, a big chunk of 3H's greater flaws seemed to stem from the lack of time and budget. The horrendous maddening difficulty in particular, they had to put it together in a month after release, no time to even playtest lol

So uh, what I'm saying is, I just hope they don't rush the next game. Engage got all the time it needed and more, let's do that again.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The horrendous maddening difficulty in particular, they had to put it together in a month after release

"Let's give enemies +15 in all stats, reduce player EXP by 75%, and ambush spawns, players love that"

-KT creating FE high difficulty....

Now that i think about it, reminds me of some Mouso high difficulties lol

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, a big chunk of 3H's greater flaws seemed to stem from the lack of time and budget. The horrendous maddening difficulty in particular, they had to put it together in a month after release, no time to even playtest lol

So uh, what I'm saying is, I just hope they don't rush the next game. Engage got all the time it needed and more, let's do that again.

Hah? Time and budget? Really???? Something that gets delayed more than a year after initial release year frim furst announcement dont have enough time?

No, just rush it. If they been cooking so long but still cant get gameplay and story equally good, might as well keep releasing it with 2 year interval maximum

Edited by joevar

4 minutes ago, joevar said:

Hah? Time and budget? Really???? Something that gets delayed more than a year after initial release year frim furst announcement dont have enough time?

No, just rush it. If they been cooking so long but still cant get gameplay and story equally good, might as well keep releasing it with 2 year interval maximum

I mean, it was a combination of the Pandemic and letting Three Hopes its time to shine.

I doubt this will repeat itself every time.

Octopath 2 chapter speed thoughts:

Ochette 2 Glacis is easily her most interesting chapter. It has actual themes to it and isn’t just her grabbing a monster and dipping. Also, the legendary beasts are insanely good in the gameplay. I hope I get to keep them after finishing her story…

Temenos 3 Stormhail is another good Temenos chapter that serves as one piece of the mystery. A twist happens very early on that keeps the chapter from going the direction you expect… which I should have predicted since I did the other one first and if they didn’t do this thing, then your choice to do that probably would have mattered. The actual main twist of the chapter was… I don’t wanna say obvious, but just kind of boring. I feel like something is still missing but that big piece of the puzzle was a little underwhelming.

Hikari 4, like his last chapter, is good and not boring because of a side character again. Either of them should’ve been the warrior we got, but yeah, this chapter was cool. If the finale is good, the second half might have saved the first half of Hikari’s story.

It’s now starting to become obvious how these stories are connected. To a certain extent, anyway. All I have left of them is the final chapter for each story and… god, they all have the same recommended level, how am I supposed to know what to do first! Castti’s probably, because then I can take her out of the party if I want, and she is a level over what’s recommended. I went around gathering extra licenses instead of making a choice tho, and now I can’t decide between scholar Agnea and cleric Agnea. I might do the chapters in the corners of the world first to see if there are secret sub jobs there like in the first game… except there aren’t any chapters in the northeast. Hmm.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, it was a combination of the Pandemic and letting Three Hopes its time to shine.

I doubt this will repeat itself every time.

I was actually referring to three house. It was announced along with Echoes but released 2 years after that announcement.

But engage being so late on arrival also guilty of it.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just like how this random-ass Black Fang recolor was just hanging out at the Badon tavern, happened to see the good guys out the window and went "been practicing my one liners for this moment."

...And then proceeded to job massively, because killer weapon aside he's an utterly pathetic promote.

The face is great, though. A really palatable throwaway portrait.

Always a big grin on my face when I have Oswin whoop his punk ass 😁

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ambush reinforcement music lololol

I suppose we did kinda do that.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not as a general rule, but it's still used. Including for our boy Damian here, from what I recall.

Another example is the very next map. The reinforcements that come with the boat that approaches from the South move instantly.

Edited by BrightBow

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

This feels funny now because TP was the last mainline game to feature Ganondorf in a significant capacity, and it released 17 years ago.

Yeah as far as Ganondorf goes, you're right. Demise is his predecessor in Skyward Sword, Ganon is a means to an end in Link Between Worlds and Calamity Ganon is just a force of nature in Breath of the Wild.

Ganondorf has not been seen since Twilight Princess and, as of right now, they haven't actually name-dropped him in Tears of the Kingdom yet.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

and then he dared to call Kaga games mid

No no, he's got a point.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Man, today a GBAFE fan tried to go full elitist on me...

and then he dared to call Kaga games mid. SMH what a failure of an Elitist

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No no, he's got a point.

As we can see, above is exhibit one about a man who's been hurt so much by kaga game design

🏃‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

not when he calls the GBA games, the era where FE was most stale, and having the worst games in the series, peak xD

Can't be the worst games in the series when Kaga was like "what if I just make the most unfun game ever" and made Judgral.