• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ended up keep playing, haha.

Now I'm at the Mana Temple. Sheesh, it's already bad having teleporting enemies, but the Ninja are the worst. Can only be damaged from the back, they can turn around fast, jump all over the place, AND teleport. Ugh...

And it's done. I beat the game.... in one day. XD Ah man...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

XquTmgb371.jpg

aha when mortal rise up with too much power in a short time, its always boils down to basically this:

1280px-The_Man_between_Vice_and_Virtue.j

righteous goddess on one side, deceitful succubi queen on other side. both want a taste of his D want to make sure the protagonist take the "correct" path

Its a hard life for a popular guy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2773.png

aborry-laugh.gif

what is that? dragon? and did all of them move at once?

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

BetrAyaL... BeEetRaYaaL... i aM bEtRAyaAAaaAL...

And now you begin to only tenuously grasp a scintilla of my pain Rubenio. Let the healing commence, for there still maybe hope for you. Here’s a cat video, for there’ll be plenty more in your future my friend:

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

11 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

"Let's give enemies +15 in all stats, reduce player EXP by 75%, and ambush spawns, players love that"

-KT creating FE high difficulty....

Now that i think about it, reminds me of some Mouso high difficulties lol

Actually, screw delays or rushes, what they need to do is never let Koei get their filthy mitts on the franchise ever again

11 hours ago, joevar said:

Hah? Time and budget? Really???? Something that gets delayed more than a year after initial release year frim furst announcement dont have enough time?

Yeah. It sounds dumb, but stuff like the one Crimson Flower character who had to be added in a free update, CF's shorter length and abrupt end and the unplaytested maddening clearly indicate they didn't have enough time, despite the multiple delays.

11 hours ago, joevar said:

No, just rush it. If they been cooking so long but still cant get gameplay and story equally good, might as well keep releasing it with 2 year interval maximum

I mean, if they do this they're likely to get both things wrong. FE may have its problems, but this is how we end up with Pokemon, and at that point FE will well and truly be dead.

10 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Not as a general rule, but it's still used. Including for our boy Damian here, from what I recall.

Damian's an ambush reinforcement? Dang, I actually have no idea. And it's not been that long since I replayed 7, but I cannot recall...

10 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Another example is the very next map. The reinforcements that come with the boat that approaches from the South move instantly.

Ohh... Well, that one doesn't really have an impact, since it's physically impossible to be in their range unless you like, rush Florina to the completely empty southern part of the map for no reason lol

3 hours ago, joevar said:

aborry-laugh.gif

They only move if you get in their range. The game wants you to avoid the whole pack until you get a super sword which allows you to dispatch them easy.

In execution, it's... uh, clunky.

17 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

And now you begin to only tenuously grasp a scintilla of my pain Rubenio. Let the healing commence, for there still maybe hope for you.

Find me another Fire Emblem with a badass older lady like Saphir and then we'll talk.

17 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Here’s a cat video, for there’ll be plenty more in your future my friend:

G A T O

4 hours ago, joevar said:

It's super fun.
In the past you never fought more than one of them at once. At least not more than once in one area of the map. For the game to suddenly throw dozens of them at you seems quite deliberate indeed.
Also one of them is literally immortal, courtesy of a scale from the holy dragons.

Dragonzombies are extremely bulky, have insane movement and an 3x3 area of effect breath attack that ignores defense. They never pack less than 30 attack, so they will kill everything in two hits at most.
Their downsides are their shitty speed and crap accuracy on their breath attack. Also their AoE attack does not distinguish between friend or foe.
Now that you have to fight a ton of them at once, it's time to take those combined weaknesses to their logical conclusion.
Simply send a single dodgetank out to draw all their attention. That way they will pile up and torch each other with friendly fire.
They are painfully vulnerable to their own breath attacks because they can't dodge and their high defense is worthless against it.

The sole immortal dragonzombie will survive the massacre, of course. But a single one of them can be easily kept at bay until Runan can get his hands on the holy sword of Reeve and finish the job.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shrimpy's nightmares have enemy phase music.

If it's an honest question, please say so and I will happily elaborate.

Actually yeah... it was

I did a little more lookin and saw it is kinda related to the series so I put that one on the wishlist 😀

Just now, Capt. Fargus said:

Actually yeah... it was

Gotcha.

Just now, Capt. Fargus said:

I did a little more lookin and saw it is kinda related to the series so I put that one on the wishlist 😀

Yeah, Vestaria Saga 1 and 2 were created by one Shouzou Kaga, known for games such as Fire Emblems 1 through 5. After leaving Intelligent Systems, he made a couple of games for the Playstation - including my favorite strategy game of all time, Berwick Saga, which I seriously recommend trying out - before retiring. 

He vanished for a while before resurfacing with Vestaria. They're little janky games he's making on SRPG Studio mostly by himself, for fun and love of the craft. I would recommend them, especially Vestaria 2. It's a fantastically weird mess of a game. It seriously feels like the old man was on six different types of drugs while making it. While the game's not perfect, it oozes imagination out of its every pore. Incredibly creative game, that one.

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shrimpy's nightmares have enemy phase music.

Enemy phase music? Don’t be simple Rubenio, you know as well as I what truly constitutes the dirge of dreams. It’s sonorous sounds pierces the peace of oblivion, delivering its victim unto the pit of sepulchral rot:

28 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Enemy phase music? Don’t be simple Rubenio, you know as well as I what truly constitutes the dirge of dreams. It’s sonorous sounds pierces the peace of oblivion, delivering its victim unto the pit of sepulchral rot:

Look at all those awesome introduction visuals. I'm sure they are all indicative of something and none of them will be complete lies that never happen in the actual game.

6 hours ago, joevar said:

aborry-laugh.gif

As Ruben said, they all move when you enter their range.

Thing is, Necrodragons in TRS have AoE attacks so when they attack one, they hit like the adjacent units as well. Oh and it bypasses Def/Res I'm pretty sure.

I had to savescum a lot.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Look at all those awesome introduction visuals. I'm sure they are all indicative of something and none of them will be complete lies that never happen in the actual game.

I think you're confusing it with the prologue cutscene.

43 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Sounds like Wraith needs his own healing session.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes Rubenio, fight the Teehee madness!

I am going to massacre the entire Goron race for not only making me do rhythm minigames twice but also a baseball mini-game that doesn't work.

Edited by Armagon

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, if they do this they're likely to get both things wrong. FE may have its problems, but this is how we end up with Pokemon, and at that point FE will well and truly be dead.

let it rest already.

well pokemon might as well be dumpster fire quality but still sells like a chocolate on valentine day. or like an ice cream on hot days. 

who knows, maybe FE can pull it off too as long as theres abundant and cringe dating system

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah. It sounds dumb, but stuff like the one Crimson Flower character who had to be added in a free update, CF's shorter length and abrupt end and the unplaytested maddening clearly indicate they didn't have enough time, despite the multiple delays.

bad direction

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

never let Koei get their filthy mitts on the franchise ever again

i can 100% agree to this at least.

----------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

It's super fun.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I had to savescum a lot.

NpUDwgeaYT.jpg

duality of FE fans lmao

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think you're confusing it with the prologue cutscene.

I mean

Spoiler

Madlear never happened lol, Pastlear was specifically characterized as an emotionless husk. At most she showed sadness and joy at Lumera's affection. Nothing even remotely close to an emotion that would prompt her to make that face.

Also the part where Alear is standing with Lumera in the ring room and like, magic rings swirl around them alternating between present and past. They never even stood together in the ring room at all.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean

Hide contents

Madlear never happened lol, Pastlear was specifically characterized as an emotionless husk. At most she showed sadness and joy at Lumera's affection. Nothing even remotely close to an emotion that would prompt her to make that face.

Also the part where Alear is standing with Lumera in the ring room and like, magic rings swirl around them alternating between present and past. They never even stood together in the ring room at all.

taht actually pretty much 99% anime opening

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I am going to massacre the entire Goron race for not only making me do rhythm minigames twice but also a baseball mini-game that doesn't work.

Four different minigames, one twice, in what isn't actually that big of an area on the map, all to get to one dungeon.

Thankfully, this is the end to minigames in Oracle of Ages. The remaining two essences won't have you dealing with any.

And reminder for Seasons- even though Subrosian dancing is much easier than Goron style, you never need to do it. The game wants you to get the boomerang to hit a switch, but a thrown bomb works just fine, and you don't require the boomerang for anything else.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

23 minutes ago, joevar said:

let it rest already.

I refuse.

18 minutes ago, joevar said:

taht actually pretty much 99% anime opening

True, but still. It's always cooler when you can dissect the opening and everything has meaning.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The magic rings never happened but they definitely went to the ring room in Ch.2.

Problem is Engage stock cutscenes.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Four different minigames, one twice, in what isn't actually that big of an area on the map, all to get to one dungeon.

Minecart mini-game actually was fun and did it twice for the Boomerang.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The game wants you to get the boomerang to hit a switch

I'd get it anyways cause I think it's the only way to kill the balls of death that roll around the walls in dungeons. That was the case in Link's Awakening.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The magic rings never happened but they definitely went to the ring room in Ch.2.

Problem is Engage stock cutscenes.

Oh, whoops. That's true, I forgot.