Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Which one lol

Saphy

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Yeah, lucked out there. That was the perfect opportunity for a funny miss.

Ikr? I really hate how chain attacks are locked to 80% ngl.

Then again i missed quite a few high% attacks that turn so....xD

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Saphy

Ah, I see.

Pffft I'd like to see Goldie try to make good on her big words, she's gonna get filleted

It's the Thracia experience, times 20!

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

My brother just asked me "Do you never get bored of FE"

3F230mo.png

How should i answer that lol

Tell your brother to please forgive me

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Saphy

Arriving at this page, for a moment I thought you were referring to the Thracia character, not Sapphir. lol

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pffft I'd like to see Goldie try to make good on her big words, she's gonna get filleted

Yeah i am curious how it will turn out like in the B and A support XD

NGL the "filler" supports this time around are damn good. Must be because the characters are just...fun and unhinged lmao

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's the Thracia experience, times 20!

• Jank RNG
  • Staff Ultima
  • Protag failing
  • Kaga moments
  • Build Growths
  • uncureanble poison
  • Unique mechanics

I can't believe Engage was Thracia 2 all along

Tell your brother to please forgive me

You need to marathon One Piece for that

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah i am curious how it will turn out like in the B and A support XD

Goldie acts like an obnoxious idiot and then Saphir pulls out the cleaver and prepares some steaks?

NGL the "filler" supports this time around are damn good. Must be because the characters are just...fun and unhinged lmao

They read the "boohoo one-note characters" criticisms for Fates, the "waahoo two-dimentional characters" praise for Houses, and reacted like "LET'S DOUBLE DOWN ON THE THING EVERYONE HATES" and somehow it worked.

• Jank RNG
  • Staff Ultima
  • Protag failing
  • Kaga moments
  • Build Growths
  • uncureanble poison
  • Unique mechanics

I can't believe Engage was Thracia 2 all along

Impossible, armors are good here and recruitment is too easy

You need to marathon One Piece for that

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But like....

This feels like the Chinese knockoff of Persona 5, only it's official.

I honest to God have never seen a single game be milked this hard.

"What about Persona 5?"

"You've already had it."

"We've had one yes, but what about second Persona 5?"

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

"What about Persona 5?"

"You've already had it."

"We've had one yes, but what about second Persona 5?"

"If Persona 5 is so good, why isn't there a Persona 5 2?"

".....oh."

nKdF5vO.jpg

Playing Engage how Kaga intended

sS6lWw4.jpg

Playing Engage how Maeda intended

NqcgAAG.jpg

Shrimpy running out of bad puns

0U2hKZN.jpg

#Rekt

LAj6y8Z.jpg

Yet, Ego still there

3UCAV7N.jpg

Noel is a bad judge of character, did she see that haircut?

Spoiler

Since the owner of that haircut is probably Novartis, I'll say that I didn't think he would show up physically so soon. He doesn't look how I expected him to, but the "gleefully mad scientist" appearance fits him. I also thought he might be the lost fourth disciple of C. Epstein, but it seems he was mentored by Joerg so now I'm not sure...

Also I fought Abyss Worms... again. I miss Tio... Randy too but I would've liked another source of healing.

23 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah as far as Ganondorf goes, you're right. Demise is his predecessor in Skyward Sword, Ganon is a means to an end in Link Between Worlds and Calamity Ganon is just a force of nature in Breath of the Wild.

Ganondorf has not been seen since Twilight Princess and, as of right now, they haven't actually name-dropped him in Tears of the Kingdom yet.

While I liked the "Ganon as a primal, shapeless force of evil" concept in BotW, I would like another take on human Ganondorf, so hopefully TotK delivers on that front.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I appreciate how the amnesiac toothpaste dragon is the most normal character in Engage.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I honest to God have never seen a single game be milked this hard.

If you think this is bad, wait until Persona 6 releases and Atlus is ready to milk it in advance!

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"If Persona 5 is so good, why isn't there a Persona 5 2?"

".....oh."

"We have Persona 5 at home."

*Persona 5 at home*

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If you think this is bad, wait until Persona 6 releases and Atlus is ready to milk it in advance!

7f3gjg.jpg

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

f you think this is bad, wait until Persona 6 releases and Atlus is ready to milk it in advance!

That would require them to actually make Persona 6.

Caeda in shambles

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That would require them to actually make Persona 6.

Persona 5 already causing climate change, do we need more incoming catastrophes?

Mermaid's Cave is quite possibly my least favorite dungeon in the series. All those errands for a short 30 minute dungeon that kinda made me feel miserable with the little bits adding up, an item and boss fight with wonky controls and enemies that are incredibly annoying to deal with.

At least after that we got to rescue Nayru. Not often in Zelda where the damsel is rescued before the final dungeon.

Now let's see. How to enter Jabu-Jabu's Belly, the infamous seventh dungeon Observer and Lightcosmo have talked about.

*looks at walkthrough*

*Sees a whole-ass peer-reviewed scientific paper*

Yeah that's enough Oracle of Ages for tonight. 

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now let's see. How to enter Jabu-Jabu's Belly, the infamous seventh dungeon Observer and Lightcosmo have talked about.

*looks at walkthrough*

Yeah that's enough Oracle of Ages for tonight

Yeah... The trek there is arguably one of the games lowest points.

*Watches a documentary that, as an aside, proposes the reason Homo sapiens is the only surviving member of the homo genus, might be because it was the friendliest Homo species.*

Yuck. My natural evolutionary history is getting contaminated by that "power of friendship" garbage!

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

A multi-hit attack with accuracy problems? Reminds me of Squall Volley in Etrian Odyssey IV. Used by without care, it had really low accuracy for a skill that could hit up to like 16 times *MissMissMissMissHitMissMissMissMissMissHitMissMissHit*. The skill was salvageable however. You could buff accuracy or debuff enemy evasion, but those weren't great. The best solution was to hit the bad guy with a Leg Bind or Blind, maybe Paralysis, these outright negated the ability to dodge, assuring every Squall Volley hit landed. As for landing the infliction in the first place, well unless the enemy was immune or extremely resistant, it was realistically possible to do even against bosses.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's not in the menus?

Not that I've noticed. Although, everyone does have a page for bonding quests, which recap each event you've so far seen with them (reminds me of TMS). Not sure how many events per character, I've seen the most with Pamela so far- four. Vayne being the MC has the story of the game itself as his. 

I'm in the last chapter before the game gets to the third -and certainly last (70% completion on one character's Grow Book now)- year at the academy. So I don't think anyone can have more than maybe seven events total.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

This feels like the Chinese knockoff of Persona 5, only it's official.

developer Black Wings Game Studiohave officially announced Persona 5: The Phantom X 

Black Wings Game Studio is a video game developer headquartered in China, and a subsidiary of Perfect World Games.

It literally is! Says it right there on Gematsu. 

Perfect World Games I saw comments saying were responsible for publishing a mobile game called Tower of Fantasy. Which I remember hearing of when it first released- it was formulaically crafted to compete with that colossus known as Genshin Impact and scientifically appeal to the Chinese mobile gamer. (Tower of Fantasy, initially at least, ended up being a huge letdown, the Chinese didn't eat it up like they mathematically should've.)

Gematsu also says that The Phantom X has only been confirmed for China so far. Further emphasizing this as a project for China. Presumably Sega/Atlus gets some money out of the Chinese market, and the Chinese dev gets to use a popular international IP that might make the gatcha game sell. Reminds me how I once heard of a Story of Seasons mobile game for China, not sure if it ever left the country, wouldn't surprise me if it didn't.

What lay below gets into talk of the Chinese government.:

I also saw comments that believe the reason The Phantom X is focused on "desire" as its theme, boils down to the... unique circumstances of game development in China. Persona 5 I'm told has "corrupt figures of authority" as a theme, that could not possibly work in China. The CCP would never allow it, the regime, being top-down and distrustful of a free society like all Chinese governments since forever, has to bureucratically approve of the development of new games for the domestic market.

The authoritarian regime being obsessed with maintaining a fairly moral order, video game consoles aren't common in the PRC, nor -officially- many of the games we in the free world partake of. The CCP also heavily limits gaming time for minors, to a couple hours on the weekends basically. This makes the gatcha model -so I once heard- so common there. With time per player limited, gatcha is a way of maximizing profits (which can still be big, as China, despite concerns of an aging society, is still over one-billion people) and it lets players spend money to get the most out of their precious game time. The lengthy JRPGs we are used to in the West, are morally problematic, and simply not compatible with Chinese society as shackled as it is. -I might be over-exaggerating here, this is based on secondhand information from the Internet.

Another side of effect of the Chinese regime- you'll never see their video game females being too scantily clad; nor the men too effete, the gov't hates pretty boys too. (K-pop bands are frowned upon. Fanclubs are also disapproved of b/c devotion to a celebrity is not loyalty to the gov't.) While the chances are slim that I'll find 👬 dudes in Japanese games, the chance is absolute nil from China, because, while not outright outlawing s/s relations, no surprise that an authoritarian administration would if not harshly then "softly" condemn "deviancy". -Although, the PRC can do nothing to stop international audiences from queer-shipping and making lewdart of all sexual preferences of the characters its studios create (I unintentionally stumbled into proof of this).

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Mermaid's Cave is quite possibly my least favorite dungeon in the series. All those errands for a short 30 minute dungeon that kinda made me feel miserable with the little bits adding up, an item and boss fight with wonky controls and enemies that are incredibly annoying to deal with.

The fact you have to exit and reenter the dungeon several times b/c of it being in two time periods had me concerned about what you'd think of it.

I am critical of the Mermaid Suit imprecise tap-based movement, not sure why they went with that.

(What also bothers me is a lack of official artwork of Link in the Mermaid Suit. I’m curious how it looks on him. Mermen might be a thing, yet it feels like the Mermaid Suit couldn’t possibly have been invented in a game with better graphics, it’d be “too weird” seeing Link dressed like that in actual detail. -And no, this doesn’t have anything with me being ya know, I’m not drawn to the blank slate that Link is.)

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At least after that we got to rescue Nayru. Not often in Zelda where the damsel is rescued before the final dungeon.

The Possessed Nayru battle also hammers home the issue you've mentioned of being able to only equip two items b/c Game Boy limitations. You have no choice but to frequently hit pause during that little boss fight.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*looks at walkthrough*

Yeah that's enough Oracle of Ages for tonight. 

I'm plenty awake, I'll run through it first.😜

I happen to coincidentally have an unfinished OoA file seemingly stopped right before entering Jabu Jabu. And I'm in the mood to get a brief dose of Zelda.😄

Any enemies inside shouldn't be a threat to me, since it's a Linked file and I have the Master Sword and the Red Ring from Oracle of Seasons. Together, they'll give me quintuple the power of the Wooden Sword alone.😝

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Watches a documentary that, as an aside, proposes the reason Homo sapiens is the only surviving member of the homo genus, might be because it was the friendliest Homo species.*

Wasn't it because Sapiens were horny enough that they basically outbred the other Homo species out of the gene pool? Like at least that's what happened to the Neanderthals.

It does make me wonder what life would be like if the other Homo species stuck around.

Not that I've noticed.

Odd. Cause that's usually where they'd be.

(Tower of Fantasy, initially at least, ended up being a huge letdown, the Chinese didn't eat it up like they mathematically should've.)

I heard it was because it was incredibly buggy at launch.

Although it's funny you mention it was to appeal to the Chinese mobile gamer, as if Genshin wasn't already doing that.

I also saw comments that believe the reason The Phantom X is focused on "desire" as its theme, boils down to the... unique circumstances of game development in China.

But that's....also a theme in Persona 5. The Treasures you steal from the villains are their desires, which manifest their Palaces.