• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A surprise to be sure but a welcome one...maybe. Anime adaptations of games typically are inferior to the games themselves so we'll see.

I approve!

RIP Aline, probably the second best ruler I ever had

Ol0xfn5b o

Don't know if I'll continue, I really want the Conqueror achievement but my heir has a mess on his hands.

Bxhg0aj5 o

Tried giving Killer Arrows 5 might instead of 1 so that Lynette can use them to more reliably counterkill the untargetable Raze Monks.
But I forgot about the Gatling Bow guy in Kramer's map. 4 arrows with 5 might means Faramir definitely dies. And everyone else dies too because no one else can ignore critical hits. So this change didn't work out too well.
Maybe it's possible to prevent the Raze Monk from getting healed between turns by using Silence at the right moment. Need to test that next time I get there.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

❤️

That's just a dark-skinned Dorothea.

Still, looking good there!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I may have broken Throné.

In Octopath 2, thief’s divine skill, which is basically like an ultimate move for a class, does damage based on speed. I didn’t really know to build Throné so I just threw all my armor and accessories that boosted speed onto her and gave her skills to help her speed too. I bought some pretty expensive armor that gave a shit ton of speed and grabbed a dagger with a ton of speed on it… somewhere, I don’t remember. I made her a hunter because it gIves a speed buff too. I tested this combo out on some random unbroken enemies and she was doing ~7.5 k damage with her divine skill. Nice.

…that was before I found a hat that gave her even more speed and remembered that I’d been hoarding stat boosters all game long because I had so many I wasn’t sure what to do with them. I gave them all to Throné. Every one. And it boosted her speed by around 100. With that dagger equipped, she has around 700 speed.

I haven’t checked what I’ve accomplished yet, but I expect good things. I got her the skill that raises the damage per hit cap from warrior just in case. Cause this against a broken enemy + critical scope + speed boost for Throné… should be scary good. She would be even faster if I made her a dancer, but she doesn’t really want many of dancer’s abilities and it boosts magic and stuff, which I haven’t really been using on her, so I think I’ll leave her as a hunter for now.

4 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

In the immortal words of Thanos, "You should have went for the head."

There won’t be a head left when I’m through with the Fell Xenologue maps.

gsdx-20230319120421.png

Strongly disagree.

I'm trying to make slow progress with Mana Khemia, I should be proceeding faster, but *insert self-criticism*.

gsdx-20230316235542.png

If it weren't for Vayne's lackluster expression, this could possibly make for a nice meme quote.

Pamela in the scene b/c Anna was trying to exorcise her, very mistakenly thinking the resident specter yearned to be free of this world. Turns out she has never once thought about that. -Ghost gal also, during the usual new recipes alchemy fest I undertake at the start of a chapter, acquired a passive skill that makes her immune to all physical attacks. I wonder how worthless, broken or balanced that'll be.

gsdx-20230317124952.png

This is how the game tells me there's a friendliness stat?😐

Even reloading to ace all the Assignments for the extra week of Free Time, I'm not entirely sure if there will be enough time to complete all of each character's side stories. There might be, there might not. I'm not hugely concerned about it and don't care to check. If it isn't possible to max them all, then Pamela and Roxis take priority. The former is genuinely charming and franchise-recurring. The latter might have that cliched brainy bespectacled arrogant antisocial personality, but Gust wrote just enough of a sympathetic underside into Roxis that I can like him.

While no character feels unnecessary/irrelevant, mostly b/c there isn't a plot to have relevance in, maybe they should've slashed the alchemists of Al-Revis to 6 instead of 8. In combat, only six can be used (three active, three able to be swapped in), and the remaining two characters participate not at all and suffer halved-AP gains. Having four out and four in the back would be an alternative, but I dunno, things feel fine with an active team of three.

Castti 4 is the best chapter in the game. The boss build up is excellent, the boss itself is one of the most fun in the game, the music is excellent, and there’s some amazing gameplay story integration at the end. Said integration is one of the most over the top, corny JRPG moments I’ve played in a while… and I loved it. I also now head canon that Castti and Malaya had some sort of relationship going on, but that’s beside the point. I can now remove Castti from the party… although if I will is another matter entirely.

Throné did 28k damage with her divine skill btw.

BCrVNYb.jpg

That's way too smug. Are we sure this game's cutscenes can handle this amount of smugness?

pxuARa9.jpg

Uhhh 4!

So my ear's plugged. That's always fun.

Perfect situation to overkill some things in Fauxnel Gaming. Really would've liked to finish the final chapter of Minimum Ranks today, but... shit I hit Chaos and I just don't feel like doing more lol

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hat's way too smug. Are we sure this game's cutscenes can handle this amount of smugness?

She said that to your waifu while challenging her to a cook off lmao

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uhhh 4!

All 10

Surprise ik lol

I only needed 8 here And really needed them, so i was banking on 80% x 10 to be at the minimum accurate and for 8 to hit lol

She said that to your waifu while challenging her to a cook off lmao

My waifu?

...Which one lol

All 10

Surprise ik lol

Amazing.

I only needed 8 here And really needed them, so i was banking on 80% x 10 to be at the minimum accurate and for 8 to hit lol

...Yeah, lucked out there. That was the perfect opportunity for a funny miss.